The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=9237)

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Schraddel - 01-08-2022

(01-08-2022, 07:43 AM)ezdays Wrote: ... One thing I don't understand, how does a Motor Vehicle Department not have a parking lot? How do they manage to give drivers tests to new drivers without a vehicle?

Don,that are only some exostosis of "green" stubborness politics. The lord mayor here is a automobile hater and tries to ban any cars out of city limits. And the "Green" is no longer the light coloured green and brightly future as it was once before. Meanwhile it lost it's brilliance and has changed over into to a ugly brownish-green. Comparisons with 1933's ideology may be drawn as warning. For the drivers's lincence here in Germany. Once you have graduated your theoretical and practical driver's exam sucessful, you got yous Führerschein (driver's licence) valid for your lifetime. No further tests and exams are needed, your German driver's license lasts as long your life lasts.Now this is a EU thingy: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_driving_licence Your old driver's license will be converted into the new EU driving license. This is a pure administrative act you have to to once a time, no tests required.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 01-08-2022

(01-08-2022, 09:38 AM)Schraddel Wrote:
(01-08-2022, 07:43 AM)ezdays Wrote: ... One thing I don't understand, how does a Motor Vehicle Department not have a parking lot? How do they manage to give drivers tests to new drivers without a vehicle?

Don,that are only some exostosis of "green" stubborness politics. The lord mayor here is a automobile hater and tries to ban any cars out of city limits. And the "Green" is no longer the light coloured green and brightly future as it was once before. Meanwhile it lost it's brilliance and has changed over into to a ugly  brownish-green. Comparisons with 1933's ideology  may be drawn as warning. For the drivers's lincence here in Germany. Once you have graduated your theoretical and practical driver's exam sucessful, you got yous Führerschein (driver's licence) valid for your lifetime. No further tests and exams are needed, your German driver's license lasts as long your life lasts.Now this is a EU thingy: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_driving_licence Your old driver's license will be converted into the new EU driving license. This is a pure administrative act you have to to once a time, no tests required.

Lutz, I cleaned up all those extra characters in your post. I've contacted Pat and he's looking into how they got there. If anyone else sees stuff like: <p><p/><p><p/><p><p/> <b> <b/> or any string of odd things added to your post, please let us know.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - jim currie - 01-08-2022

hi all . been sick for last two weeks to the point of having to get better to die  , one good point i've lost 15 lbs . and yes we do tend to get attached to pets we have one cat that just turned 21 health is fair other than  deaf as a stump nothing but skin and bones .

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 01-09-2022

Greetings, gang.

Clear and 4 right now headed for around 20 this afternoon. Much warmer Tuesday thru Thursday with temps in the 40s. Porch sitting will occur.

Furnace seems to be working properly now. Just waiting for the bill. Yesterday was basketball. Tournament started at 8 and our portion was over by around 12:30. Half hour road trip each way so a long morning of basketball and family. Lots of fun.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 01-09-2022

Good morning good people, rise and shine so they say. I did rise, but I don't look like I'll be shining for a while, at least until I finish my coffee. Temps right now around 43, my outdoor thermometer says 48 but I'm a few miles south of the official weather station. They say we'll be in the mid-70's today, yesterday was just delightful as well. Glad we went Target shooting last week instead of this Friday, they have rain in the forecast starting Thursday.

Going to take it easy today got lots I can do if I feel like doing it. Otherwise, maybe watching some football, I just hope they don't act like jerks on the field otherwise I wind up watching reruns or something old. I'd much rather be doing something productive though.

Jim, take care and I hope you're getting better by now. I hope it's not COVID, but regardless, sounds like you're over the hump.

Have a great day, do something today that you enjoy, that's what weekends are all about.... Goldth

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 01-09-2022

Hello Blue
35 degrees but going down thru the day to 20 by sunset. Mon & Tues will be very cold.
However, no new snow.
I will watch the Lions game for a little while but will take a nap while they lose.

S.J.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - tompm - 01-09-2022

Good late afternoon folks

It is dreary around here with rain. At least the freezing rain stayed west and north of us.

Thanks everyone for your kind words about our cat whose name was Pusseidon. I think with suddenly losing the dog 4 months ago, then my wife having the blood clot, the passing of Pusseidon just hit us harder emotionally.

Lutz I hope things get better for you and your wife. Jim I hope you get better.

I began bringing boxes down from the attic for the Christmas stuff.

I did go to the Greenberg Show yesterday. I picked up a bunch of switches and track which is what I really went there for. I also I got an Atlas Penn Central caboose and a Bowser PRR livestock car. I was looking at some Rapido new releases but the prices were higher than I have seen elsewhere. I do regret not looking at the IHC passenger cars and steam locos more closely but my legs were killing me and overall I was feeling worn down. Next time I will do better.

I am hoping to get some time tonight to fiddle with the industrial sidings now that I got the needed track and switches.

I hope everybody has a good evening.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ngauger - 01-09-2022

Tom -- So sorry for your kitty. We have 2 that are close to 15 years old. We always keep an eye on them.
Lutz, Here's hoping everything works out well for your family!!

Tom's right, it's too cold here, Freezing rain missed us here too. Below freezing weather working it's way here, high Tuesday is supposed to be 20. EWWWWW!!!!!

Everyone stay healthy!!!

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 01-10-2022

Greetings, gang.

6 now headed for 18 this afternoon. Big warm up starts tomorrow with highs in the 40s.

Very quiet day yesterday. Off to the gym this morning and I may make a grocery run after that.

All stay safe,

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 01-10-2022

Good morning all, welcome to another Monday. We are a third of the way though January already how did we get here that quickly?

Temp here right now at 5AM is 57, looking at a high around 73. Sorry Mikey and Tom, but this part of Arizona is full, no more room for anyone, even though they're building houses and apartments at a blinding rate.

Watched a bit of football yesterday, even though the Cardinals lost their fifth home game, they still made the playoffs...barely. If they won, they would have been division leader. I'm sure they'll blame the coach and not the players. If they'd spend more time practicing playing the game and less time practicing their dance routines, they might win a game once in  a while. Waiting 

Heading to Brenda's for breakfast, not sure how long it will be before the new owner starts opening later, sells the place or shuts it down. She told the cook that she was going to give her a raise....later when they were making money.... Not a good sign.

Take care, stay warm and have a great day.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - tompm - 01-10-2022

Good afternoon folks

It is 26 going up to 37.

Taking it easy today. We might put away some Christmas decorations.

I lengthened the storage tracks at the power plant and reworked some of the trackwork at the beginning of the third track. I plan to possibly do some roadbed and work on some of the other industrial tracks.

A run to the grocery store may be in the offing.

I hope everybody has a good day.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 01-11-2022

Good morning again, seems like I said that just a few hours ago. Temps for today are like yesterday, just dandy, shirtsleeve weather, mostly 70's except for Saturday, some chance of rain through early next week. I'm betting it won't happen, but I'm not going to the car wash either.

Still haven't gotten around to finishing up my trackwork. It's got to be psychological either that or I'm allergic to train tracks.

Gas prices are plummeting here, some stations have dropped a whole two cents down to $3.73.  Costco is $3.35 while a station a few blocks from them is at $3.85. The east side of town is better, but not worth the drive just to save a dime a gallon.

Going to Bobbie's in Sun City for breakfast today. It's been a while, I think the last time I was there was with Jerry (woodone), before the pandemic hit. We are getting frustrated with Brenda's and the new owner's attitude.

Take care everyone, stay safe and have a great day today... Icon_e_biggrin

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 01-11-2022

Hello Blue
Seven degrees this morning, 22 for todays hi.
Temp was about the same yesterday, but for some reason it felt colder. Maybe it was windier yesterday.
Gas this morning, lowest we saw was $3.17 at a Sunoco station. No special plans for the day, I will watch the noon news and go from there.
S.J.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - tompm - 01-11-2022

Good afternoon folks

It is 20 heading up to 24.

We are planning on putting away some Christmas decorations. However, about an hour ago there was a God awful noise go by the house. It sounded like a either a poorly maintained car or truck or one that had been specialized. A few minutes later we found out that a helicopter crashed a couple of blocks from the house. It came down at the church we used to have Boy Scouts at when my son was younger. It was a medevac helicopter with four people onboard. Everyone is alive with only minor injuries.

https://6abc.com/helicopter-crash-delaware-county-pa-medical/11454452/

I figured out a way to place the cement company back into the layout. I adjusted the track to accommodate the diorama. I have some work to remove some excess from the diorama base and then remove the foam board on the layout.

We need to head out to the pharmacy and grocery store.

I hope everybody has a good day.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 01-12-2022

Greetings, gang.

36 now headed for 45 this afternoon. Got to 50 yesterday and there was lots of porch sitting. What started out last Friday as a 20% chance of snow has blossomed into a 90% chance of 3-5 inches of fluffy white with a 70% chance of even more before Saturday morning.

It's been a pretty quiet couple of days around here. Grocery shopping Monday and a Walmart trip yesterday were the highlights. I did get in a nice 3 mile walk yesterday afternoon and there will probably be another one this afternoon.

Prayers for all in need.

All stay safe.

Tom