The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=9237)

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 01-10-2021

Morning all.  Was cold earlier but warming fast.  Not much on agenda.  If I don't have to drive Miss Daisy today, will work on a transformer for a buddy.

Church on TV this AM. 

Guess Tom is working on son's things.

Have a good week ahead.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 01-11-2021

Good morning, good morning, just about 5:00, temps in the mid 40's, heading to the high 60's. Not sure what we've been hitting, don't watch the news much anymore, but I did hear someone say something about maybe hitting 80 this week.

Going target shooting today, it might be a bit chilly when we get there, we shoot against a large hill called "Flatiron Mountain" which is surrounded by desert land for miles around, so it can get a bit windy there at times. Still, we can accept the cold and wind, just not any rain.

That's it for now, no long stories to tell, just shooting in the morning, and spending the rest of the day trying to get on the county website to make an appointment to get my vaccine shot. Today opens for teachers, fire, law enforcement and us old folk.....

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - tompm - 01-11-2021

Good morning folks

It is a chilly 29 and going up to 38.

This was one of those weekends where it seemed like no matter how hard you tried nothing got done. We did get all the inside Christmas decorations into their appropriate bins. Still have the tree and outside to do. Other than that, nothing. I did not even get a moment to do any modeling.

Today I will try to take the decoration bins up to the attic and bring down the tree decoration bins. I need to do some laundry and some mundane household chores. I hope to even get to the hoppers on the workbench.

I hope everybody has a good day.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 01-11-2021

Good morning. 44 and mostly cloudy. Rain later. ?

Nothing on my agenda. Train stuff from Menards to help with lighting. Strange. They split the order. Half hasn't left . The one staged is coming from Eau Claire WI. One due by USPS today coming from Kirksville IA. One line shows I'm shopping from a store in WV. Have to pay an extra fee for shopping where there is no store.

State has stumbled through the vaccine thingy.  Finally looks like they are getting it going.  Controversy over vaccinating inmates before they have done regular law abiding citizens.  

Have a good one.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - nachoman - 01-11-2021

(01-11-2021, 06:11 AM)ezdays Wrote: Good morning, good morning, just about 5:00, temps in the mid 40's, heading to the high 60's. Not sure what we've been hitting, don't watch the news much anymore, but I did hear someone say something about maybe hitting 80 this week.

Going target shooting today, it might be a bit chilly when we get there, we shoot against a large hill called "Flatiron Mountain" which is surrounded by desert land for miles around, so it can get a bit windy there at times. Still, we can accept the cold and wind, just not any rain.

That's it for now, no long stories to tell, just shooting in the morning, and spending the rest of the day trying to get on the county website to make an appointment to get my vaccine shot. Today opens for teachers, fire, law enforcement and us old folk.....

Don, if you can't figure it out, shoot me a PM and I can forward the instructions I was sent through work.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 01-11-2021

(01-11-2021, 09:47 AM)nachoman Wrote: Don, if you can't figure it out, shoot me a PM and I can forward the instructions I was sent through work.

Thanks Kevin, right now my only problem is that when you get to the end of the sign-up process, you cannot schedule a date in January since there are only two places open right now and they don't show you when they have available time slots either. They are suppose to open another site at the Cardinals stadium, and there is something going on across from Del Webb Hospital with lots of tents.

I'll let you know if I am still hitting a blank wall.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 01-11-2021

Hello Blue
We had gray skies and a hi of 34 today. BUT NO SNOW.
There are 274,000 people that live in our county. The county received 1000 doses of the vaccine. How is that going to work?
Our oldest grandson was T-Boned Saturday evening. A FedEx driver texting ran a red light. He is sore all over but no broken bones. He feels the side airbags saved him. That and the truck hit him on the passenger side. His car rolled over twice then landed upright. That's my news for today.
S.J.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 01-12-2021

Good morning all, a really nice day yesterday. Like model railroading, one cannot have a bad day target shooting. It was a bit chilly, and very windy, but that doesn't matter. Shot the gun I replaced the part on and it worked fine until another part broke. The gun is over 10 years old and everyone wants to shoot it, so I guess some parts are getting stressed. Regardless, it was a fine day. Before March, the truck stop restaurant that we stop at used to be crowded with truckers and travelers. Now, there's hardly enough there to keep one server busy. They were shut down for a long time, but you would think the truckers would be flocking back.

Going to try again today to make an appointment for a vaccine shot. I'm hoping that they have more than two places open by now. Like SJ, I'm sure there's not enough vaccine distributed, with over 7,000,000 people here, so far we've gotten about 500,000 doses. Remember, two shots per person, so that doesn't leave much to go around.

SJ, that was a close call, glad to hear your grandson is doing OK except for some aches and pains. That FedEx driver should be fired and prosecuted. As of Jan 1, you can be ticketed in Arizona for texting while driving, or using a hand-held device to talk.

Take care, have a great day and stay safe.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - tompm - 01-12-2021

Good morning folks

It is 31 now. Supposed to reach 41.

The highlight yesterday was making trips to the grocery store, produce store, and CVS. I stopped at Lowes and picked up some Krylon Clear Sealer in flat and gloss. I figured I would give them a try. I am getting tired of having to order Tamiya Sealer every couple of weeks. The cans are small and cost $12 each. I can’t find Dullcoat anywhere these days.

Before I went to Lowes, I sealed four Intermountain pink grain hoppers in preparation of weathering. I weathered the five Proto 1000 hoppers. I hope to seal them today. I assembled an older Proto 2000 Jersey Central caboose. I need to seal before beginning to weather it. I think it will be my experiment with the Krylon.

Today has been interesting and challenging. My wife’s computer decided to do an update overnight. It took us a while to get it up and running this morning. Then she found out she was logged out of everything. She spent a frantic half hour getting back into the sites she needed for work.

I had to call Ring Customer Support since our new video doorbell stopped recording overnight. Checking the app it said I had no account with them. Then why did they take out $30 back in December for my annual dues? Apparently, you can’t add a new doorbell to an existing subscription through the app. You have to call them to do it.

Not sure what the rest of the day holds.

I hope everybody has a good day.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 01-12-2021

46 degrees and sun coming out.  Had all of .17" of rain over night.  Errands today.  Haircut later.  Hope we hear from Tom today.

Menards packages are suppose to arrive by USPS today.  So is my N&W aux. tender.  Yesterday it was 5:10 when one Menards package arrived.  One year ago, you could depend on USPS arriving around 11:30.  If late, no later than 1.  

Have a safe and well day.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Charlie B - 01-12-2021

Good morning Blue
SJ, I hope your grandson doesn't have any hidden injuries.  I don't know how we can stop this dangerous practice without putting a motion sensor on the phone.

I was up late finishing some scanning of historical photos for my cousin. There were 3 with revenue stamps on the back. They were carte de visite (about 2x4 inches. and I found that from 9/1/1864 to 8/1/1866 these stamps were required. https://www.stamp-collecting-world.com/usrevenuestamps_callingcards.html

In my youth I was an avid collector of U. S. stamps but never knew they were required on photo cards. I'm still learning new stuff every day,     

So now the other scans are done, I can get back to finishing my own.  I have decided they are now a priority. 
Cheers
Charlie

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 01-12-2021

Greetings, gang.

It's been a very busy few days. We have most items organized for distribution. Right now just waiting for a roll off so we can move on to the next phase of this project. I have to think of this as a project rather wrapping up my son's life. It's tough but my daughter has been a wonderful help and support. I also want to take a moment to thank you all for your support during this. I hope none of you have to go through this.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 01-13-2021

Good morning folks, typical day here, temps in the 70's, could even hit 80 says one TV lady. I do see a few think we have a chance of rain next week, some say all week, others just one or two days. The forecasting business isn't like a lot of others, accuracy isn't a big thing. Just throw out some numbers and hope a few stick.

Finally got to make an appointment for my vaccine shot. Two weeks from today. I guess I gave up going through the calendar day-by-day and tried skipping some days. My DIL found a few days that were open down at the Cardinals stadium that I skipped by. She was able to grab one this week for herself, but then again, she's a teacher and needs the shot so she can go to work.

Tom, I know what you mean, they say there's nothing harder to deal with than losing a child. Regardless of age. they're still our children. I wish you the best in a very difficult and emotional situation, good that you have your daughter willing to help you. We're all here to support you in any way we can, even if it's just to listen if that helps.....

Take care all and have a great day.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Charlie B - 01-13-2021

Good morning everyone
        Cloudy and 27 headed for 43 in beautiful southeast Ohio. I am wondering what the news will have to talk about when covid subsides. The big local news was they have discovered a new strain that is more contagious. That doesn't surprise me because the flu has several new strains every year.

I managed to scan over 100 photos from the collection I bought and it looks like there are about 300 left.  Nice stuff all being older than 1938 so it will be nice to post it where folks can use it. I will probably send a disk to George Ellwood for the fallen flags site. 

Tom, as Don says, we are here to listen. 

Charlie

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Green_Elite_Cab - 01-13-2021

(01-08-2021, 11:00 AM)tompm Wrote: I placed a reservation for Rapido’s AMTRAK’s 50th Anniversary E8A. It is a model of the first locomotive painted for AMTRAK. It is black with the AMTRAK arrow. Unusual but cool. It of course comes with all the bells and whistles. Rapido originally announced they were going to make only 500 and those sold out in less than 48 hours. AMTRAK complained that many of their retirees and employees who wanted them could not get them. Rapido changed their mind and is taking orders until January 15th.

I had literally only been conscious for maybe 15 minutes when i saw that Rapido Email Christmas morning.  I was suspicious it wouldn't last long.  I think I had my order placed before it had been available 30 minutes.

I am glad though that Amtrak convinced them to make more.  

I guess I get it if you're trying to make something special and exclusive, but I feel like Model Railroading is not really the best hobby for that,  at least not something like a high-end locomotive.   With everything being preorder based you almost have to be playing 4D chess with the manufacturers and the Chinese factories making the models to anticipate when they might land.

Tangent is my worst nightmare with that stuff.  They released those 86' boxcars and they more or less sold out immediately.