The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=9237)

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - tompm - 01-24-2022

Good morning folks

It is 23 going up to 34 and is supposed to be mostly sunny.

We did not get the tree boxed as planned. Had a couple of other things come up that kept us busy.

I had a productive weekend on the layout. I got 90% of the roadbed down. I figured out what I am doing in one corner. I installed some rail joiner feeds. I ordered wire I need to begin connecting the feeds and ordered a new DC power pack. I glued down some more roadbed and track.

Today we are going to try the tree again.

I want to continue with gluing down roadbed and track and installing feeds.

I have a pharmacy run for later.

I hope everybody has a good day.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 01-24-2022

Greetings, gang.

Some light snow at the moment but only about an inch before it's over. 30 right now headed for 10 by late this afternoon. Another one of those nefarious fronts coming through.

Another quiet day ahead. Gym this morning and a little snow removal are the only items so far.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Charlie B - 01-24-2022

Cold morning everyone. 18 ° F here and we got 4 inches of fress snow. My wifw got a text from my son telling her to keep me away from the snow blower because he will be down on his lunch break with a truck and plow. You know that just breaks my heart Wink 
Another week begins. 
Stay safe
Charlie

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 01-24-2022

Hello Blue
16 degrees with lite snow, mayhaps several inches today. Not a big storm. Yet. Gonna stay cold though, I see no warmup in the ten day.
No train news, yesterday was a lazy day at home.
S.J.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 01-25-2022

Good morning folks, yesterday started off a bit chilly, but by late morning it turned into shirtsleeve weather. We're looking at the same for the next few weeks. Maybe some sprinkles, but nothing much beyond that. We did go target shooting yesterday, we did remarkably well to start with and got worse and the day went on, but we did shoot a lot longer than we usually do, so I would guess it's just a few old guys getting tired. The down side is that I've got a few guns to work on, but that just keeps me busy and an excuse to go out again to see if they work.

Today is cleaning lady day, got appointments scheduled for the next three days, so I am going to be busy, just hoping I have time to get back to my trackwork. Waiting

Got a family dinner tonight, everyone is over COVID now, all test negative which is good.

Everyone have a great day, stay warm and safe.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - tompm - 01-25-2022

Good morning folks

It is 31 heading up to 41. This appears to be the warmest day this week as we are back to highs below freezing the rest of the week with a possibility of snow Friday/Saturday.

I moved a bunch of bins from the first floor to the second floor. I need to get them in the attic and then reorganize the attic. Just found out the cupboard low on toilet paper so I may need to make a run for some later.

I glued down some more roadbed and track. The O. L. King Coal Yard kit came yesterday and I started working on the coal trestle. I hope to more of the same today.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 01-25-2022

Greetings, gang.

-14 at the moment under clear skies. The sky will remain clear and the temperature will, or at least is supposed to, rise to about +4.

Not much going on around here. The local newspaper is being hit harder and harder. They ave already dropped Sunday publication and the daily paper generally now comes as a single section rather than the tow we used to get.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - tompm - 01-26-2022

Good morning folks

It is a cold 17 this morning. Heading up to 28. Looks like they are calling for snow Friday/Saturday.

Still trying to get the bins into the attic. It seems every time I try something gets in the way.

I worked on the Coal Yard kit. I got the coal trestle and and lean to finished and installed the "glass" for the windows. I also added the mortar lines. I will have to modify the kit set up some to fit into the space on the layout. I hope to work on it some more today.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 01-26-2022

Greetings, gang.

Downright brisk outside my window this morning with a temperature of -20 and a wind chill near -30. Even the 3 second trip to the porch to get the newspaper in was challenging. High for today is supposed to be near 20 and then near 30 for tomorrow. Time to break out the shorts!

Interesting start to my day. Woke up feeling that the waterbed was cold near my feet. Then I realized it wasn't cold, just wet. Not a good thing. Discovered water coming out of the fill nozzle. Further investigation (after I full woke up) revealed that apparently the last time I let the excess air out of the bed I replaced the plug and cap incorrectly. Problem solved with a sigh of relief. In other water related news the heater for the pool at the gym is broken with (according to the sign) no apparent repair date. This morning I may head to Walmart for a while.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 01-26-2022

Good morning everyone, running late this morning, slept over 9 hours, gotta leave for an appointment in a few minutes, then maybe I can catch my breath.

We have found the source of the extra HTML characters showing up on some people's posts. There apparently is a problem with the "Big Blue Light" viewing mode. We're asking anyone using that to switch to the, "Big Blue Dark", mode, (lower right on any screen), until Pat is able to correct the issue. Sorry about that, but it was hard to pinpoint since I was working with Lutz on his problem and he's a half-world and about 12 time zones away.

Not much else, it's a bit chilly right now, but heading to the low 70's. Been busy enough so that I've not laid any new track yet, still need to figure out how I'm going to do the junction between the old and the new sections of the layout. It sounds like a good excuse to not start, but a valid one.

Take care and have a great day

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Schraddel - 01-26-2022

Hello to everybody,

in Germany a dull day with some slightly rain, a wet and inclement weather, now it's 1622 (4.22 pm) and it begins to dawn.

Lutz

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 01-27-2022

Good morning all, Another day in paradise, same as the past few days, a bit cloudy but so little chance of rain I don't know why they even mention it. It's starting to get crowded, Spring Training tickets are going on sale, so I guess they're going to play and so we get lots of folks to come here just for that. We've got the car auctions going, then the Arabian horse show and auction, lots going on this time of the year.

Got two appointments this morning, and nothing scheduled for a while. No excuses to not get at my trackwork.

Take care, have fun and stay safe....

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - tompm - 01-27-2022

Good morning folks

It is 11 at the moment. Supposed to go up to 33. The weather guessers are calling the storm coming for Friday night and Saturday a good old Nor'easter. Snowfall amounts are all over the place from Light to Moderate, 1 to 3, 4 to 9. The NWS has issued a Winter Storm Watch until Saturday at 7 PM.

I finally got all the decoration bins into the attic. At some point I have to put them in their proper places in the storage part of the attic. I need to bring up the box for the tree and put it in it and then all the decorations are done.

I finished the office building for the Coal Yard. I need to determine the configuration for the office, the shed, and coal trestle since the recommended set up will not fit in the area I have available. I still have a couple of details to add and at some point I need to seal everything so I can add decals and weathering.

Every time I thing about wiring I find a problem. First it was I could not find my wire strippers. I ordered a new pair which arrived yesterday. Then I discovered that my collection of wire connectors had also joined my previous pair of wire strippers. Ordered new ones. On top of that I can't find my small soldering iron.

Not sure what I will do on the layout. Perhaps add some more feeds. Maybe open the Golden Valley Canning Company kit.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 01-27-2022

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 31 headed for drizzly, cloudy and 19 with possibly some freeing rain and/or snow. Not gonna be a pretty day.

Nothing planned for today other than a trip to the gym and my usual Thursday night get-together.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 01-28-2022

And a good Friday morning to ya all. No change here, should be a beautiful weekend, chilly mornings ( high 40's), 70+ afternoons and a bit cloudy but no rain. See, in about two seconds I did what it takes those weather people on TV to do in fifteen minutes. No fancy maps though. Nope

I see a few stations really going wild, dropping to $3.59 for regular. Costco and Sam's club bounces around, I filled up last week for $3.29 and they're back up to $3.39. Name brands still stubborn, $3.79.

Not much else going on, just going to go with the flow this weekend, nothing planned and that's a good thing sometimes.

Take care, have a fine day today.