The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=9237)

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 02-19-2022

And a good Saturday morning to ya, and yeah, I did sleep in a bit longer today, normal for a Saturday.

I still can't understand the logic behind weather forecasting. I see one (AccurWeather) shows a 30% chance of rain on Wednesday, 5% chance in the morning, 1% at night, so that doesn't even add up to 30%. 35 The Weather Channel is more consistent, 51% chance, with 51% in the morning, 14% at night. Makes more sense, yet these guys collect a paycheck regardless of what they say. BTW, we has something happen the other night since there were pockmarks on my windshield, I guess that counts as rain. Nope 

Suppose to have a drywall guy and a lawn care guy come over today, both to give me quotes. So far I've found that all drywall companies are running at least a month out. One told me five weeks. Have not touched my layout since I had the leak, somehow I suddenly became busy.

Have a great weekend everyone, and for those of you that have Monday off for Presidents Day.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 02-19-2022

Greetings, gang.

Clear and cold this morning at 6 degrees after yesterday's high of 51. Supposed to get near 60 tomorrow.

Got my new GPS yesterday and I've been trying to update it. Gets to 11% and fails. If I try to put the map on the expansion card it fails immediately. There may be a call to support on Monday.

Nothing else going on. Laundry is the only project so far.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 02-19-2022

Cold, blue sky. Temp is 15.
 About 5 inches of snow on the ground from Thursday pm. It was all gone, now it's back.
Club meeting tonight. 
S.J.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 02-20-2022

Good morning everyone, Sunday again, no football to get frustrated with for a while. Around here they have delayed Spring Training for a few days. They've had all off-season to talk about what ails them, but no, they wait the last few days. From what I see, the dispute is all about minimum pay scale, benefits, profit sharing, I guess a seven-figure salary isn't enough to support them. Maybe they need to work at McD's or Walmart as a winter job to supplement their meager pay. Whatever happens, they'll be raising ticket prices for sure...

Finally found a guy to do my drywall patching. He's got 30 years of doing this stuff, his price is reasonable and a third what Laurel & Hardy Inc wanted to charge. I don't have to resubmit to the insurance company now. Best of all, he will be here on Wednesday.

On the other hand, I finally got a yard guy to come out, he want's about twice what I've been paying these other guys, but I need the weeds gone so I have little choice. He'll be here tomorrow or Tuesday.

Today I'll spend some time moving my layout, the drywall guy wants to cover it, I'd sooner just move it or find a way to cover it without damaging some of my structures.

Y'all do something fun today, have a great day

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 02-20-2022

Greetings, gang.

34 and clear headed for the upper 50s and breezy. Ran, sleet, and snow by tomorrow night and below zero by Wed. morning.

Stumbled on the proper way to update my new GPS. I was powering it through the computer and it would kick out after about 11%. I wound up providing a separate power supply for the GPS and it worked fine. Not much on the agenda for today other than a nice walk in the warm weather and probably a lot of porch sitting.

Don - any way you could quickly fabricate a framework to hold the plastic over the layout without it actually touching the layout? Just my 2 cents (or lack of common sense).

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 02-20-2022

(02-20-2022, 07:10 AM)FiatFan Wrote: Don - any way you could quickly fabricate a framework to hold the plastic over the layout without it actually touching the layout?  Just my 2 cents (or lack of common sense).

Tom, Thanks, I have a fold up table with adjustable legs. I was thinking I could put that on top of the layout then cover it with the plastic sheet.. I measured it and the legs look like they'll land on spots that don't have a structure on them, but it is smaller than the layout. I could clamp some boards to the legs and do what you are proposing, I could do that if the table thing doesn't work. Regardless, I want to get as far away as I can from where this guy will be working. "Oops, I dropped a hammer on your train thingy, looks like a couple of buildings got crushed".... Nope

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 02-21-2022

Greetings, gang.

30 at the moment headed for 46 this afternoon with a chance of drizzle late this afternoon. That is supposed to change over to freezing drizzle and snow later tonight and tomorrow. Got to 57 yesterday.

With the really nice weather yesterday I did get in a nice walk. The person/people moving in across the street had quite an operation. Probably around 10 people assisting in the move. When the pizza was delivered I wondered how moves were accomplished before pizza delivery became a thing. Not much planned for today other than the usual trip to the gym.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 02-21-2022

Good morning all, Presidents Day today, no mail, no garbage pickup and banks are closed. We just had a three-day holiday, can't remember even what it was that we celebrated, that's what happens when holidays are no longer special.

They've changed the forecast, we're now in the high 60's, it could rain tomorrow, much better chance (up to 91%) on Wednesday and a whole lot cooler.

Gotta move things around today to get ready for the drywall guy meaning I won't be doing any track laying for a few more days. I may have to use this time to clean up the garage.

Take care, stay warm and especially stay safe.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Charlie B - 02-21-2022

Good Morning Blue. 
       I got a 7 hours of uninterrupted sleep for the first time in many many years and I feel like a new man. I don't know how it happened but I like it. I hope it keeps up. 

It is already 43 degrees here with a high of 52 on the way. 

No planned activity, but I will enjoy the sunshine with some porch sitting later on. 

Cheers
Charlie

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 02-21-2022

Hello Blue
34 degrees going into the 40s. Snow is melting fast, ready for the next one.
Wow seven hours of sleep, I can't remember the last time I could say that. Enjoy.
Lots of people at our club meet Saturday night, was good seeing all of them again.
My wife is in a cookie making mood, I gotta be careful how many I eat. But those warm from the oven ones are sooo good.
S.J.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - jim currie - 02-21-2022

hi all . weather is crappy here cloudy and cold 43 as i type  garage is like a ice box to cold to work on layout . i get 7 or 8 hrs. of sleep every night now since i got my bipap machine before that i would get a max of 2 hrs. them be up for a while  before laying back down. 
take care its a nasty world out there .
Jim

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 02-21-2022

We are going to warmer and rainy tomorrow. Since the ground is still frozen, the water will run straight into either waterways or basements.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 02-22-2022

Good morning all, today is two-day, (2-22-22), the day after (M)one-day. As Mikey said, it is also a palindrome. There's a good chance of rain today, temps in the mid 60's, much better chance tomorrow with sub-freezing temps in the mid-50's for highs, in the 30's for lows. This time next week they say we'll be back into the 80's, wild weather for sure. If it's raining, I'm guessing my lawn guys won't be showing up today.

Actually did something yesterday that I've been putting off for a long time, I laid track across my transition from the old to the new. I did that because I need to separate the two while they work on the drywall, and I need to see how well it works. Just held in place with rail nails, so I can adjust as needed.

Still nothing resolved with the baseball dispute, our economy has been hit bad enough and they need to start playing their Spring Training games, but we have millionaires squabbling over paychecks. instead. Personally, I've never been to a game even though they play around a mile from my house, but there are lots of folks that come here just for that.

Everyone have a great day, stay warm and stay safe. As Jim says, it's getting nasty out there.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - tompm - 02-22-2022

Good morning folks

It is 42 on its way to 60 with a possibility of showers as our bipolar weather continues. We will be below freezing again early next week.

Not much to report from around the house this long weekend. Laundry was the highlight. Did drive to Delaware yesterday to get gas. Paid $2.59 with my $1.00 grocery store discount. Pennsylvania prices were $3.78.

I had a good weekend on the layout. I added a layer of plaster to the coal trestle ramp. I sanded it and painted it. I also painted the pink foam in the area of the ramp, the coal yard, and the canning company. I weather a bunch of track.

We have to take the pup to the vet for her rabies shot and her 16 week check up.

I hope everybody has a good day.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 02-22-2022

Happy National Margarita Day, gang.

12 going to 10 with blowing snow. Not really a pretty day out there.

Well, my day certainly didn't go as planned yesterday. Got in the car to go to the gym, hit the button, and nothing happened. Yep, the dreaded dead battery. Pop the hood, put the charger on, and wait about 10 minutes. Took it to the repair shop and it's not the battery, it's the alternator. I just got back from dropping the car off. Rather a brisk mile walk home. Current wind chill is around zero and we had some freezing drizzle overnight which made it safer to walk in the streets on the way home. Only activity scheduled for today is to walk back and write a hefty check. I was told just north of $600. Next up is to go out and put some ice melt on the sidewalks.

All stay safe.

Tom