The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=9237)

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - tompm - 03-01-2022

(03-01-2022, 10:17 AM)Schraddel Wrote: Hello,

today 1st of March in 2022 it is offical:

I am retired! 2285_ 

Lutz

Congratulations and welcome to the club.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - tompm - 03-02-2022

Good morning folks

It is 36 going up to 52.

The wife had a good doctor's visit yesterday. She will be returning to work on Monday. She is both happy and anxious about it. Tonight she an MRI for her back.

I have been working on adding ground cover to the coal trestle ramp. I plan on doing some more ballasting and working on the fence for the coal yard and placing the buildings.

Today I need to run to the post office and the pharmacy.

I hope everybody has a good day.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 03-02-2022

Good morning everyone, and for Lutz, a special Applause Applause Applause Applause 

Not much going on today, drywall guy called, can't make it today to finish and paint, maybe Friday, could be Saturday or even Monday. I told him that I can sand and paint, "no, no, I have a special way to sand, I'll be there". Come Tuesday and I'll sand and paint if need be...

Running a bit late today, headed to Denny's then Walmart. Got to remember, today is Ash Wednesday. the first day of Lent.... I did not make it to Mardi Gras yesterday, just got too busy to go. Missed out on King Cake and all the parade trinkets once again....

Have a great day today, stay safe, have fun....

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 03-02-2022

Greetings, gang.

One more sunny and warm day. 59 today then 35 tomorrow with some light snow.

Very quiet day yesterday and today looks to be the same. I need to do some packing for the weekend. I'll be leaving here Friday and be back next Wed. or Thur.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Charlie B - 03-02-2022

Good morning.
Still chilli here at 10:20 AM but a nice afternoon predicted. 
Not much planned today, but that is everyday now that I am into my 12th year of retirement. 
Charlie

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 03-03-2022

(03-02-2022, 09:22 AM)Charlie B Wrote: Good morning.
Still chilli here at 10:20 AM but a nice afternoon predicted. 
Not much planned today, but that is everyday now that I am into my 12th year of retirement. 
Charlie

Good morning all, congrats on that Charlie, I'm into my 21st year now, and I still long to go to work occasionally.

It hit 86 in Phoenix yesterday, 84 here in Surprise. One more day like this and tomorrow we're back into the 60's with a chance of rain. Cleaning lady showed up a day early, good thing I was home, her bad but it was OK. Still no drywall/painter guy. I've never been a fan of PEX pipes regardless of what they say on "This Old House". I don't like pipes up in the attic or in the walls, and this proves I am right to be concerned.

Have a great day, and prayers for all in need, especially for those in the Ukraine.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - tompm - 03-03-2022

Good morning folks

It is 39 going up to 47. At least I am not freezing my butt off when I let the puppy out first thing in the morning.

The wife's MRI went smoothly last evening. Now we wait to see what the doctor says. We took down and packed away the Valentine's Day decoration and starting putting up the St Patrick's Day decorations.

I worked on the coal yard. I glued the office building and the shed down with glue dots. I trimmed the fence to fit the configuration I am using. I added decals to the several of the fences pieces. Once the decals are dry I will seal them and then add the fence to the coal yard. The yard will complete except for adding details like little plastic people and inventory.

Never made it to the post office and pharmacy yesterday. Will try again today.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Charlie B - 03-03-2022

Good morning Blue. 

I woke to a light coating of snow and 28 degrees. The sunis shining now so hopefully it will warm the sunporch so i can have coffee on it. 

I started on a diet 3 days ago and I am tempted to post progress here to keep me honest. I am 100 pounds overweight and I can no longer enjoy the things I did outside because of that, and like smoking and drinking overeating is my problem.  

I had told everyone we adopted a Border Collie from our grand daughter  a year ago. We named him Clyde because we have a Samoyed named Bonnie. He now weighs 78 pounds and there is not a bit of fat on him. Because of his weight and size my wife figured my grand daughter got scammed because he is supposed to be pure border collie.
(she got two brothers at the time).  Mary sent for the Embark DNA test and the results came back yesterday. he is 100% border collie and his genetic make up is pure as far back as the test will show, and he has excellent genetic health with no predisposition to any of the breed diseases. The test is very thorough, and money well spent. I am glad we did it. We got word that Bonnies breeder passed away last week. I was saddened by that news, but she has been in very bad health for over 10 years. 

I had booked marked a site for new carpet for our motor home and clicking on it this morning I saw the price had increase by 20 bucks so rather than waiting for another increase I ordered it. It has to be custom formed but it is nice that it is still available. 

If I forgot to tell Lutz happy retirement, consider it done now. I feel lucky for my years. My dad retired when he turned 62 in 1984 and dropped dead 6 weeks later.  

Safe travels and good health to all.
        Charlie

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 03-03-2022

Speaking of prices going up, I filled up at Costco on Tuesday @ $3.65, today it's $3.75, most stations are @ $3.99, some name brands at $4.09

Went to Denny's last week, coffee is now up to $3.39, that comes to about $50.00 a gallon, that's ten times more than I make it at home using those single-serve K cups which are not that cheap. Went there yesterday, and their $4.99 "value slam", is gone and the equivalent is now $7.49. Went to Bobbie's Cafe this morning, new menu, all items up $1.00 from last week. Shopped at Walmart this morning, a can of soup is up 31 cents, (a 20% increase) from a few weeks ago, a few items are still holding on price, but so many other are up. Meanwhile us retirees got a whopping 6% increase in our SSI. Also got a raise in interest from one bank account, I got 6 cents last month, it usually only comes in at 5 cents.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 03-03-2022

Greetings, gang.

32 headed for 36. Had a brief round of flurries this morning but it's melted already.

Back from the gym. Fairly routine except that it might have been a train day because I saw a lot of nice cabooses.

Gas price on the way to the gym was $3.45. On the way home it was $3.59.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 03-03-2022

I went to Staples today with my old ink cartridges. They had a refund deal if you bought new (last time I was in I didn't have the recyclers). I got 4x$3.00 off on each of 2 cartridges.
Then to Costco for gas. Price had gone up from 1.519 to 1.529. I see it is now up to 1.62. That's per liter -- a generous quart.
There was snow overnight. Our new wash job is probably gone.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 03-04-2022

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 26 at the moment headed for 56 and rainy. Thunderstorms in the forecast for tomorrow then back to snow early next week.

Spent yesterday getting ready for my trip. I'll be leaving later this morning and be back probably Wed. Participation here may be spotty.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - tompm - 03-04-2022

Good morning folks

It is the return of winter with a current temperature of 19. High today will be 40. Our crazy weather will have us in the 70's early next week.

We did our errands of running to the post office, pharmacy, and grocery store. Not much else happened. Not sure what is up for today.

I added the fence sections to the coal yard. This finishes the structures phase of the yard. I need to dig through my detail parts stash to she what I can add. I will work on the ground cover around the coal yard and figure out the parking lot. Today I want to add decals to the Golden Valley Canning Company. After that I have a few cars to tune up and then begin work on the 2022 Challenge.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 03-04-2022

Good morning all, Costco and Sam's Club are the cheapest gas here at $3.79 while most everyone else is $3.99 and up.

Today is suppose to be around 20 degrees cooler than yesterday, with chances of rain. I haven't looked outside yet so I don't know what's going on out there. Just sketching out my scratchbuild challenge and doing a woodworking project for my son's MIL. Still waiting for the drywall guy to finish up. He's got until Monday, then I do it, he's only been paid for what he's done so that's not an issue.

Gotta go, heading to Brenda's this morning. Just waiting to see when the prices go up there, she's had two since she bought it last summer.

Take care, be good and be careful.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Charlie B - 03-04-2022

Good morning.
       We had a low of 18 last night and may make 40 late this afternoon with a predicted high of 60 for tomorrow. 

I hope to work on trains tomorrow if the weather gets as warm as predicted. 

Have a safe trip Tom Fiatfan and I hope your wife continues to improve Tompm. Days, I hope you get the painting done one way or another. Just avoid ladders if you DIY.

Geez David, We are complaining about gas prices half of what you have. How much of that price  is the tax?  Sadly it will only get a lot worse. 

I am praying that this conflict stops.  There have already been too many casualties. 

Cheers
Charlie