The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=9237)

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 03-04-2022

Hello Blue
We have sun with 25/40s for the day.
No special train news. A local train show was well attended last Sunday as I guess everyone is ready to get out and move around.
S.J.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 03-04-2022

Charlie: As far as I know, it's not the tax that's gone up 50% during the last half year.

For some reason the government (who are up for election this year) decided to discontinue the fee for renewing licence plates, and refund what's been paid in the last year. I find this totally incomprehensible.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Charlie B - 03-04-2022

(03-04-2022, 08:43 PM)BR60103 Wrote: Charlie: As far as I know, it's not the tax that's gone up 50% during the last half year.

For some reason the government (who are up for election this year) decided to discontinue the fee for renewing licence plates, and refund what's been paid in the last year. I find this totally incomprehensible.

David, I was just wondering how much tax is on a liter of fuel there. In Ohio we pay 38.5 cents on a gallon of gas and the feds ad another 49.5 cents. Diesel gets hit 47 cents by the state and 54.6 cents by the feds. I didn't mean to imply your tax had gone up. 

We are using less fuel so they want to add a tax to energy efficient vehicles to make them pay higher taxes. Ohio currently adds a yearly fee of $100 to hybreds and a $200 fee to electrics 

As for the fee for renewing license plates that you pay is it just the charge for registering, or the entire cost of the plates. I think the "registration fee" here is $5.00 per plate which goes to the license bureau that does the paper work for the state. The fee for a passenger car for a year is 31.00 plus we pay an additional 15 bucks for the township per plate so the fee is 46 bucks for the car The truck and motor home are a total of $63 each (plus the $5 registration fee), (Only the government can figure a way to make you pay a fee to pay a tax) Wink

Charlie

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 03-05-2022

Good morning everyone, no rain here yesterday, some out on the SE side of the valley, and NE of the valley, maybe some today. Still going to be a bit chilly until about mid next week. Could be some snow up in the high country.

Charlie, I just got my plate renewal notice for my 2020 Honda. Fees are low, but there is a tax that is based on the value of the vehicle that really gets you in the wallet. Each year, the tax goes down by 10% of the previous year. Here's the breakdown for this year:

Registration fee   $8.00
Air Quality            1.75
License tax        511.06
ezdays plates      25.00 (yeah, my avatar is really a photo of my license plate)
Postage                1.16
TOTAL            $546.97

Our gasoline tax in Arizona is low, around 19 cents a gallon. On top of that, I pay around $1400 a year for insurance. I can remember when gas was 19 cents a gallon and registration was around $10

I also just got my Post Office box bill. Back in 2004 when I first opened it, the fee was $32 for six months. My bill is now $106, that is over twice the rate of inflation. Seems like everything the government has a hand in increases well above the inflation rate, all except our SSI. Icon_cry

Drywall guy is suppose to be here this morning to finish up. With any luck, I can get my layout back where it belongs and have access to my workbenches. I say two benches, actually, one is a table that I use to build structures, the other one is a real bench for everything else. The first thing I have to do is to add some wiring while the two sections of my layout are apart, then on to the structure challenge.

Have a great weekend, and remember those innocent folks in the Ukraine.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Charlie B - 03-05-2022

Good morning
        We currently have 38 degrees and are heading for 68. I will do what I can out side today. &2 is predicted for tomorrow but rain comes with if. We have a birthday party for to of our great grand daughters tomorrow so the rain will only keep all the little ones in the building. 

Don, I would call that yearly tax on an automobile another reason I would not want to live in AZ. With that and most places having an owners association as well as the overpopulation in the Phoenix area, and the problems you are facing with water shortages. On the plus side it will hinder the snowbirds from staying on permanently.  As much as I bellyache about taxes I am perfectly happy living here in Ohio. I can control the amount of tax that I pay on gas by limiting my driving but you pay that tax on your car even if your car only moves a couple miles a year. 

Praying for everyone to have a great week end and an even better week ahead.
Charlie

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 03-05-2022

Hello Blue
Sun and 37 going to rise to 60s Sunday morning. Of course, then it's going down again.
Our spring bulbs have broken through the ground and looking good.
An evening with some of the club members, doing some train running and lots of gab.
Yep gas keeps going higher each day.
S.J.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 03-05-2022

Wikipedia says the tax is almost $.38 per litre (provincial + federal)
The plates cost, I think, $75 and the annual renewal was $120 (varies with size of vehicle). The renewal is a little sticker with the year on it. The plates do not expire but some of them are starting to lose their paint. Repainting with Floquil is apparently illegal. Last year I took a stack of about a dozen stickers off the plate on the motor home.
Costco gas at 167.9 at the moment -- other pumps may be much higher.

Tomorrow should be warmer and windy; Monday much snow again.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - LiveSteamer - 03-05-2022

Good Morning Everyeone,

It's supposed to be 64 degrees here today with showers early with mainly sunny skies later on in the day. Makes for a good day to sit inside, drink coffee and play around with the trains.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 03-06-2022

Good morning all, there had to have been a few drops of rain sometime yesterday, not enough to record but enough to mess up vehicles, spots of mud all over mine.

The drywall guy came, and did his thing. Talked and complained about everything, left then came back to take a few photos, and talked again for another 20 minutes. Bottom line, he did a very good job at a reasonable price. My layout is moved back and now I can do the wiring I need, then on to the challenge.

Not much else going on, still no Spring Training, owners and players, (all of who are multimillionaires) are arguing about millions more while a whole lot of people are trying to make ends meet by working at and around the games, and can't because they're not playing. We to a local Italian restaurant yesterday, by five, the place was packed, bunches of people waiting for seats. At least the restaurant industry is starting to get back to normal.

As for gas, we passed one Cheveron station on the way back with regular at $4.59, premium was $4.89.

Y'all have a great day today, relax, have some fun.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - woodone - 03-06-2022

If you want to know the highest price for fuel in Phoenix, just check the local Chevron station.
So far for me Costco, has been my go to, here in Phoenix.
I got just enough rain to make rain/dust spots on the car- need a wash job now.
Look like a very nice day.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - LiveSteamer - 03-06-2022

Well the rain has finally stopped and it is slowly clearing up now. It sure is nice and warm out today but we all know here in PA that it will change quicker than you can think. I'm ready for spring and summer to get here so I can get back out at least to the tracks and take some pictures.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - tompm - 03-06-2022

Good afternoon folks

It is 62 going up to 68 with passing showers.

I finished weathering the Boiler House for the Golden Valley Canning Company. I also worked on an Athearn Blue Box B&O RPO. I added screws to the coupler clips and metal wheels.

Not sure what we are doing today. There is the never ending laundry.

I want to tune up a few more cars before I start on the 2022 Challenge.

I hope everybody has a good day.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Charlie B - 03-06-2022

Good afternoon
        70 degrees here and sunny. My yard is like a swamp it is so wet. 
        I filled holes from the dogs digging for moles yesterday. It took 2 wheelbarrows of top soil. I will probably have to do it again before spring. I am going to plant some bluegrass to try and get something that will grow deeper and hold better. I don't know what is growing in the yard, but it has no deep roots at all.  Time to think about starting some plants for the garden too. 
        My wife and daughter went to a home show with my brother in law and his wife. That is not my thing so I am enjoying time alone. 
        My daughter said gas is now 3.99 here. 

Good day to all
         Charlie

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ngauger - 03-06-2022

Tom: Hope the wife continues to improve, Prayers your way as always!!

Since everyone else is doing it, I may as well......
Near Phila. PA:
Temp today: 75 ~ First time since the Fall
Gas:    4.05/Gal  ~ My van needs an average of 15 gals to fill from 1/4 tank... about $60.00
Rained all morning, Nice & Sunny this afternoon.

No layout work except for a 4" diameter Propeller I 3D printed for a G scale car load:

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 03-07-2022

Good morning all, I just wonder who's making all that money with the super-high gas prices. I filled up at Costco a week ago for $3.65/gal, today it shows as $3.98, two cents lower than most other independent stations. Like Woodone says, if you want to pay the highest for gas, go to a Cheveron station. Just saw an article that says we can look for $200 a barrel by next month. let's keep US and Canada oil production low so we can keep this up, after all, I am getting a few dollars more in SSI and why spend it all on groceries.

Temps still around 70 +/- until the weekend when we'll be back in the 80's.  Been a bit windy too.

Just take it easy today, it's Monday and you all need to be careful, Monday's can be strange sometimes.