The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=9237)

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 03-25-2022

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and cool this morning. Supposed to clear off later and the temperature and wind speed will be neck and neck at around 50. Not a good day to be outdoors. I wouldn't be surprised to see a red flag warning by this afternoon.

Gym was routine and the afternoon was very quiet. Great-grandson's concert was lots of fun last night as usual. Gas price was down to $3.66 after jumping to $3.89 on Wed.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - tompm - 03-25-2022

Good morning folks

It is 50 going up to 58.

Took the wife to physical therapy and then stopped at the pharmacy and the grocery store. Not much else happening.

I did add more stickers to the Hot Dog Stand kit and glass to a couple of windows.

Wife has a appointment with an orthopedic doctor. This time for her knees.

I hope everybody has a good day.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - LiveSteamer - 03-25-2022

(03-25-2022, 06:43 AM)ezdays Wrote: Matt, seem like you're going through some rough times right now, we hope the best for you and your daughter. Good that you have friends to help you.

Yes Don I am, but I am trying to make the best of it. One step at a time is the best way to go. Everyone keeps checking up on me every day which I don't mind at all because there for a few days I wasn't talking to no one and it honestly had people scared. Since then I have been slowly climbing back up to the top and getting everything where it needs to be for now. 

The weather today is a bit cold out, only 44 degrees with the chance of snow starting tonight and we are to get some more over the weekend. I finally had some down time here at work today to jump on and see what's all going on here. Hope you all have a wonderful and safe weekend. Take care my friends.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 03-26-2022

Greetings, gang.

It's a sunny and brisk 25 degrees in the remote reaches of northern Iowa this morning. The high for today is guessed at to be in the low 40s. Yesterday the temperature beat the wind by 6. High temperature was 45 and the maximum wind speed was 39. Not a pleasant day to be outside.

I started scraping the other corner in the basement and found out the entire east wall will need to be scraped and painted. Lots of stuff to move. I'll work on that more today along with laundry. Not much else planned.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - tompm - 03-26-2022

Good morning folks

It is 48 heading up to 49 with a 60% chance of storms.

The wife's allergies are going wild and with the pollen index today being 11.1 out of 12 it is no surprise. Cedar is one of the main pollens right now which is a huge trigger for her. She had to call her allergist this morning to get some prescription meds to help her. The allergies probably contributed to her feeling lousy yesterday.

I got some laundry done but not much else.

I assembled the walls and roof for the hot dog stand. I then realized I should have painted the base a color for concrete.

Today is continue with the laundry. I need to do the annual heavy cleaning of the wood floors in our bedroom so maybe I will try today.

I want to continue working on the hot dog stand. I need to stop putting off the wiring I need to do for the layout.

Pharmacy and grocery store runs for today.

I hope everybody has a good day.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 03-26-2022

Good morning everyone, yup,it's Saturday and I did it again, got an extra two hours in this morning. Well, two trips to Prescott this past few days plus some other activities kind of wore me out. That, and it's getting warmer out. Today should be in the mid-90's, some 30 degrees cooler by Tuesday. Kinda scary how the weather can change so dramatically in a few days.

I've seen some gas prices at $4.89, most are still at $4.69, still above the national average. Need to fill up soon, going target shooting on Monday. Chance of rain a bit higher, but later in the day so we'll be good. One target we bring are golf balls. My buddy is a golfer and brings old ones, but is running out. I was going to pick some up, new ones aren't cheap, but I was going to pick some up at Walmart, they have a bag of "practice" balls for under $20, still probably around fifty cents each. But I was in Goodwill the other day and saw a box of balls for $4.50, pristine condition. Got them home and there were almost 100 balls, looked like someone's collection since some had the name of the course or a tournament that this person played in, a few had signatures. A real deal at five cents a ball..... And no, I didn't find what I was looking for at Goodwill then.

I think it's time to get moving, got a few things to do today. Will see if I have time to work on my challenge. Got some detailing to do and I think I'm just about done. Might think about a second one, still have two months left in the challenge, don't want to waste that time.... Nope

Have a great weekend everyone, stay safe and have fun...

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - LiveSteamer - 03-26-2022

Good Evening everyone. Well mother nature held true to her word, it's snowing here today and doesn't look like it's going to let up. Snow isn't laying on the ground because the ground isn't cold enough now. But every once and awhile a white out comes along. I'm staying inside today and continuing to clean the apartment up from the mess that was left for me and my daughter. The only room that is really finished is the livingroom and that's where all my lego's are now. Proudly on display for all to see. Well not all of them. LOL. Next I will be getting a display case for my model trains as now I have no idea how long I will be in an apartment. But I hope you all are doing well on this fine day. Have a safe and wonderful evening my friends.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 03-27-2022

Good morning all. Temps dropping, but still in the 90's for another day then mostly around 80 for a while. It's crazy, some of you guys are getting snowed on, we're into shirtsleeve weather.

Not much else going on here, baseball Spring Training, that's about it. The traffic here is getting absurd, you would think that gas was sell for $1.00 a gallon. I guess we won't see the snowbirds fly home until after Spring Training and the snow lets up wherever they're going. They are building houses and apartments here as fast as they can, here in Surprise, they have about 1500 new single-family homes in process and another 1500 waiting for permits. More apartments and condos being built than I could count. The city sends out a list of all permit activity each month and when they say "multi-family", that could mean two units, or two hundred. The new trend is to build individual apartments, like small homes rather than multi-story ones, but there are enough big ones as well. There's a large area a few blocks for where I live, half is being built for RV storage, the other half will be condos... Me, I'm staying where I'm at. Too much junk to move again.

Have a great Sunday, stay warm and stay safe...

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 03-27-2022

Greetings, gang.

Clear and cool again this morning but at least there's no snow to shovel. 20 now headed for 40 "they" say. Yesterday "they" predicted 40 and it got to 35. The day before "they" predicted 50 and it got to 45. So I'm guessing maybe we'll hit 35.

Got a lot of scraping done on the east wall in the basement. Probably do some more this afternoon. I'll need to make a Menards run (oh, darn!) for some mortar patching tomorrow. F1 race at noon (central time) today.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 03-28-2022

Good morning all, temps drop a bit today, they say that Friday was a new record at 97, today around 80 and tomorrow in the high 60's. Rain tonight and tomorrow. This gives us a chance to go target shooting this morning, so we are. I was talking to my SIL in upstate NY yesterday, was snowing there, was 90 here. Icon_rolleyes

Filled up at Costco gas yesterday for $4.57, today it's $4.62. Needed a bit over a half a tank, almost $60. I'm afraid to go grocery shopping. I still remember those days when the pump would stop at $100, and you had to start over to fill your tank. I have a friend with an RV that has a 100 gallon tank. It uses diesel and that's over $5.00 right now. He gets around seven mpg, and is thinking about aborting their summer vacation trip across the country. If gas doesn't go up, that's around $5,000 for just the gas.

So much for inflation/deflation and the weather. I have a busy schedule for the next couple of weeks, so today is a 'do what I want day'.

Everyone have a great week, be careful, have fun and find time to do what you want.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Charlie B - 03-28-2022

Good Morning
     22 degrees headed for 27 with snow squalls occurring. In my day of hunting I shot many groundhogs on the farm (they made good stew) but I missed the evil one I guess Wink

Still scanning slides. Too cold for anything else.

Nothing else important.

Prayers for those in need.
Charlie

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 03-28-2022

Hello blue
Sun but cold. 30s today.
I got together with some of the club guys Friday night had some good run time.
Got a home haircut on Saturday, feels good.
S.J.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 03-28-2022

Greetings, gang.

36 headed for 46. Still pretty cool out at the moment.

Jut got back from the grocery stores. Walmart was completely out of eggs. Fortunately the other store had plenty. Gas when I left the house was $3.61. When I came home it was up to $3.94.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - jim currie - 03-28-2022

hi all . been sometime since posted here , got my Tichy order so i can proceed on challenge . on a bad note my bipap machine died Sunday morning about 6:15 causing a rude awaking .
tom if you lived  a bit closed our girls are in full spring production last two days we got 33 eggs so we have a surplus  so we have  been pickling some  and having lots of omelets .
Jim

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - tompm - 03-28-2022

Good evening folks

It is 24, High was 31. We have been having snow squalls on and off all day.

Drove down to Delaware to get gas. Price was $4.09. I used my grocery store rewards and paid $3.09. Prices in Pennsylvania near the Delaware border were $4.29, near our house it was $4.59. We had to stop at Walgreens and get testing strips for a glucometer. We then grabbed dinner and got home a little bit ago.

I mostly finished the hot dog stand last night. I also ran another set of rail joiner feeders. In order to do so I had to rework and attach some roadbed and track. I connected the feeders to a bus line.

I want to continue working with running bus lines and eventually test them out. I hope to connect the feeders for the outside track to a bus line.

I hope everybody has a good evening.