The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=9237)

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ngauger - 03-28-2022

Feels like the end of February, not the end of March... It's going to be cold and windy until Wednesday night, then rain Thursday and better weather next week...

We'll wait and see

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 03-29-2022

Greetings, gang.

It's a clear 35 degrees outside my window this morning with a guessed at high in the upper 40s. Rain and possibly some stray thunderstorms are scheduled for overnight tonight.

Fairly quiet afternoon after grocery shopping yesterday morning. Nothing on the agenda for today other than a trip to the gym and pick up some stamps. Am I the only one who pays by mail rather than on line?

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 03-29-2022

Good morning everyone, it looks dry outside so I checked the county rain map, bunches of rain on the east side of the valley, just a smattering here on the west side, and zippo here in Surprise. Suppose to have some around 6:00 this morning, one forecast says 60% chance, another 85 yet another just 15. The weird thing is that they are all correct regardless if it rains or doesn't. High today, 68, snow up in the high country usually means cold weather down here in the desert.

Gas is still up there, Costco and a few others are $4.59, some are as high as $4.89. Based on what other parts of the country are at, I think we're getting skinned here. Not as bad as California, but close.

We did go target shooting yesterday, cloudy and warm, and it became quite windy which blows away our targets (plastic bottles with some water in them for ballast), once they get hit. We did very well and had a great time. And yes, we did track down all those bottles and took as much of the brass back as well. I have a bucket of brass that I can bring to the scrap yard and get paid about enough to cover my gas that I used to get there and back. Plus, I usually spend a few hours sorting out rocks, live ammo and anything that's not brass.

Just about finished with my ole-fashion Arby's for our challenge. It's not too late to join in, there's still over two months left, so how about a few more joining in. It's a build challenge, kits, kitbashes, scratchbuilds so come on......

Take care and stay warm and dry.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 03-29-2022

Sun and 40s for the day. 
Our 63rd Annvi. today. I offered White Castle cheeseburgers, but she declined. Actually she wanted to fix our only roast so that's fine with me. Todays meat prices, the roast might go the way of steaks at our house, nada. 
Warmer tomorrow but the temps seem to be all over these days.
S.J.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Charlie B - 03-29-2022

Good Morning.  
         29 here heading for 40 with sunshine. Rain tomorrow but a high of 69 is predicted. 

Still scanning slides for my cousin at the historical society.  I haven't found much to my interest but I feel they have to be digitized for those folks with other interests. The closest I have come to train related are photos of The General when it was displayed in Wellsville Ohio in 1963 and they aren't what I would call great shots. The one collection that was donated the photographer meticulously made notes and numbered every slide, unfortunately the notes did not come with the slides so a lot of information has been lost. 

How is Packy doing? I am offering continued prayers for him.  

Tom, I am glad your wife is progressing. 

My diet continues. I am finally starting to feel a little better so that makes it worth while. I have lost 25 pounds since mid February. Another 80 to go. Wink

Our gas has crossed the 4 dollar mark and I can see it reaching 5 dollars when the weather turns nice.  Price in town has always been determined by the dealers comparing prices and raising or lowering per the competition. Many years ago we had a Dairy Mart store in town that had a lazy manager. The sign was high and he had to use a pole to alter the price. It the competition raised their price he just would not do the work to raise (or lower) his so our prices for gas stayed stable. I think we need more lazy managers and as much as I hate government intervention I think someone needs to look into why the price of diesel fuel has gone out of site. The price of diesel fuel hurts all of us even if we don't drive. 

Wishing everyone a happy day today and a happy future ahead. 
Charlie

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - tompm - 03-29-2022

Good evening folks

It is now 38 and going down to 21. High was 40.

I ran to the grocery store earlier to get a few things I needed to make crock pot potato soup. We just got home from the wife's physical therapy and finished dinner.

I tested the feeders and bus line that I have run thus far for the inside track. I was pleased with results as the test loco ran with no issues. I plan on running the bus line for the outside track and connecting the feeders. I need to rework the foam roadbed and switches in one area before I add the feeders.

I hope everybody has a good day.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 03-30-2022

Good morning good people, yesterday was indeed chilly, we finally did get rain all over the valley yesterday, some spots over 1/2", here in Surprise, we did get 1/8", hardly enough to measure, but I did see puddles, so that's good. Today we're back into the 80's, normal for this time of the year.

Charlie, Pat is doing exceptionally well, we had a family dinner yesterday with balloons and a birthday cake (his and my birthdays are a few  days apart). He's been back to work since Monday, today he sees the doctor and may get permission to drive. Lots of folks praying for his recovery, and it is working, so I thank you all for that.

Just about finished with my Arby's challenge, big problem, I have no clue where I'm going to put it on my layout.Maybe next to Denny's if I can make space...

I just renewed my truck tags. If you buy a vehicle the first day of the month, you get credit for that entire month and the renewal date is the last day of that month. If you buy it the last day of the month, you still pay for that entire month even though you didn't own the vehicle until the last day. My renewal drops every year I own the vehicle, this year it is a mere $512, but, $25 of that goes to pay for my, "ezdays" plates.

Gotta go, have a busy day today, so be good and be careful and have a great day..

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Charlie B - 03-30-2022

Good morning. 
     Currently we have 37 which is warmer by 15 degrees than earlier. It is supposed to reach 70 before the day ends. We shall await and see. 

Don, I am so glad to hear your son is doing so well.

The tax you pay for driving is another reason for me to stay in Ohio. I know you folks love it there, I have a sister in law that lives near you some place. Sun Lakes I believe. She is retired from the Mesa School district. She has been in AZ for 40 years so it is really her home. We do plan a visit but it won't be this year with the price of gas and truthfully we may never be able to afford to drive it and I won't fly, and Amtrak or bus just don't excite me. 

I got the extra dog bones picked up from the back yard fenced area yesterday. My wife gets them huge bones and they had them scattered. I reseeded the yard and I want to let the grass grow to at least 6 inches before I mow for the first time. We have a smaller area fenced off to the side yard that the dogs can play in until that happens. 

Have a grand day every one. I have all of the current batch of historical slides scanned, now to photoshop them and put them in order. I think I will take a break from them for the summer. 

Charlie

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 03-31-2022

Hello Blue
62 degrees this morning with howling winds. There will be power outages for sure.
Nothing special going on, just checking in. Hope all is well.
S.J.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 03-31-2022

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 31 with a couple inches of snow on the grassy areas. Should melt off by the end of the day with a predicted high near 40. 52 for tomorrow.

Took my car in to have it looked at yesterday and all they could tell me locally was that there "might" be a little play in one of the struts. Next week I'll take to the dealer and see what they have to say. Not much planned for today other than finally back to my Thursday beer and bereavement group. The bereavement is pretty much over but the beer is still there along with friendship and laughter.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 03-31-2022

Good morning all, just a quickie, got an early appointment. No change in the weather, no 90+ days in the forecast for a week, then I see some mid-90's towards the end of the week. The ski slopes are have plans for closing, first is in the White Mountains, then Flagstaff.

Pat (Duffy) has the OK to drive and return to work. He's doing great for coming out of major surgery. Thanks again for your prayers.

Have a great day today.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - tompm - 03-31-2022

Good afternoon folks

It is 65 with a high of 67. It overcast and could rain at any moment.

Yesterday we did a bunch of running to the pharmacy, PetSmart, and the grocery store. I did not have time to get down to the layout and work on the wiring.

I am hoping to get to the wiring later tonight.

I have to take the wife to physical therapy.

I hope everybody has a good day.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - LiveSteamer - 03-31-2022

First off,

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DON

Second, today was a decent day. It stayed warm pretty much all day and then a major storm moved through the area after 1pm today and since then it has been raining off and on. They are yet again calling for snow again tomorrow. I don't think Mother Nature wants to let go of winter just yet. Hope you all had a wonderful day and evening. Take care my friends.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 04-01-2022

Good morning all, and thank you Matt, at my age, we try to forget things like this, but then again, we forget a lot of things. Icon_rolleyes I had a good birthday, Pat and I went out for dinner since our birthdays are a few days apart. that was nice, plus he's feeling better each day and that's a good thing.

Not much else going on, I took some shots of my Arby's and they show the things that still need attention. I'll work on those for a while today, just one appointment today. Got to see a body shop. Some guy backed into the side of my truck and I didn't see the damage until I got home, so now it's my insurance that has to pay since I did not get any info from him. Not much damage, but one shop quoted $2300 which included 27 hours of labor, (absurd) plus $170 for pre and post scans which should only take a few minutes. My biggest concern is that they'll keep the vehicle for a while since they won't order the parts they say they need until a few days after I drop it off. "Drop the truck off and two days later we'll let you know how long we'll keep it".... Nope And yeah, my insurance doesn't cover a rental car....

Anyway, it's almost time to go to Brenda's for breakfast. Unbelievable, but the new owner has a sign on the front door, "THIS RESTAURANT IS FOR SALE". I just don't think that's something you want to advertise to your customers. Plus I understand that she wants considerably more than she paid for it even though there are far fewer regulars than there were before she bought it. Yet she still refuses to even say "good morning" to anyone or walk around refilling coffee cups like you'd expect an owner to do.

Have a great day everyone, do something you enjoy doing today, have some fun.... 2285_

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - tompm - 04-01-2022

Good evening folks

It is 49 now. High was 62. The wind has picked up considerably.

Getting here late today. I got up my usual time and feed the cats, dogs, and Guinea pigs. I fell back asleep and slept until 11. Once we got our brunch we headed out to run errands. Had to go to PetSmart, the pharmacy, and the grocery store. We had to go to three different Targets to get all of the online order my wife made.

I worked on the track alignment. I still need to do more so that I can continue adding the rail joiner feeders.

I get the night off from making dinner as my daughter is taking car of it tonight.

I hope everybody has a good evening.