The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=9237)

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 04-02-2022

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and it looks like the snow is over for today. There's about an inch of wet snow on the grassy areas again. Nothing stuck on the sidewalks so no shoveling at least. 32 now headed for 55 and sunny this afternoon. Then rain predicted for the next week except for Tuesday. Looks like the April showers have arrived.

Pretty quiet for me yesterday. I had an attack of the lazies and never even went to the gym. Today I'll do laundry and maybe get the bike out. At the very least I'll go for a walk. Also need to get a sympathy card for a friend of my daughter. Her husband passed away yesterday.

I was supposed to go visit some friends for supper last night but the lady called me early yesterday and canceled as she wasn't feeling well.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 04-02-2022

Good Saturday morning to you all, a late one, but then again, it's Saturday. Nothing on the agenda today, maybe able to post some pics of my scratchbuilt challenge. Have no idea what else I'll be doing. I should clean up the garage, lots of sawdust there from my last project. We'll see...

Temps today with a high of 86, by Tuesday we'll be back into the 90's and pushing 100 later in the week.

Ya all have a great and fun-filled weekend.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 04-02-2022

Hello Blue
Sunny, Hi in the 40s today.
Did some laundry this morning while watching Bugs Bunny.
Last night gathered with some of the club members and did some train running.
No other plans for the day.
S.J.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 04-03-2022

Greetings, gang.

Clear and 31 this morning headed for cloudy and 52 later on. Small chance for rain this evening.

Finished the prep work for the basement wall yesterday afternoon. Today I'll paint it and call that project done. Considering doing some minor wall repair in my shop also. Had a pleasant walk to the grocery store yesterday afternoon and I may take another walk today.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 04-03-2022

Good morning all and welcome to a new week. I wasn't finished with the old one, but I guess I have no choice. Mid-80's today, high 80's tomorrow and 90's for the rest of the week. Not sure how the rest of the country is fairing, but we're getting hot a bit too soon.

Not much else going on, today will be one with little action, screwed my back up somehow and moving around isn't the best.

Gas prices are suppose to be going down, Costco and Sam's Club are down to $4.35, but most all others are still holding at $4.69. Don't tell me that we're not being taken advantage of.... Nope

Take care everyone and have fun today.... Icon_lol

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 04-04-2022

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 33 outside my window this morning. Supposed to clear off and get to the mid 50s this afternoon. Rain starting tomorrow and lasting off an on for the remainder of the week.

I got the basement wall painted yesterday afternoon and all looks good. I can't believe how well the new and old paint match after 15-20 years. Today I need to pay bills and work on my taxes. If I get time later on I'll have to clean up the dust in the basement and start putting stuff back where it belongs.

Gas was down to $3.73 when I was out and about yesterday.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 04-04-2022

Good morning all, had an early morning appointment, eyes are still a bit fuzzy thanks to them being dilated. She said something about my having Cadillacs, but I said, 'no, I have a Honda'..... They still insist that I come back,something about moving my Cadillac, maybe they thought I parked in the wrong spot. Icon_rolleyes Got some issues here I think.

So far, no real change in gas pricing except the warehouse clubs. They're down 20 cents, while all other stations close by holding at $4.69. Other stations in the Phoenix area range from $4.49 up to $4.97, and I think we're being taken for a ride... Waiting 

Nothing else going on worth talking about, Spring Training is almost over, don't care except no more road closures around the stadiums and snowbird traffic will be thinning down.

Y'all have a great day, stay warm and stay safe....

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - tompm - 04-04-2022

Good afternoon folks

It is 49 and we are heading up to 53 with some soon.

Yesterday I had a quiet birthday. Just relaxed around the house. My daughter treated us to Texas Roadhouse takeout for dinner. I am still feeling full from it now.

I worked on the layout. I finished running the roadbed for the outside and inside track. Now all the layout has roadbed. I still need to do some of the third track once I figure out what I am doing with a couple of industries. I need to finish the roadbed in order to do the electrical feeds. I added another to the inside track and connected it to the bus wire. One more and that will complete the first block.

I took my son for his last visit to his pediatrician. He will be 24 in a couple of weeks and therefore he will age out of their office. Wife has an appointment with the orthopedic for her knees in about an hour.

I hope everybody has a good day.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 04-04-2022

For those who follow it, there is a new Flatt Bear today.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - tompm - 04-05-2022

Good morning folks

It is 42 heading up 53. We have the possibility of rain.

Wife's visit to the knee doctor went well. No surprises as she has bad arthritis in both. Doctor gave her a shot of cortisone in one which now feels great. She goes back in a couple of weeks to get the other knee done. They are staggering the shots due her diabetes since the steroids will mess with the blood sugars. We got the St Patrick's Day decorations put away. Now it is time to get Easter decorations out.

If the weather holds off we have some planting to do. Wife has therapy later this afternoon.

I worked more on the electrical on the layout. I ran the bus line for the outside track and connected a couple of feeders to it. Tested it and it was successful. Now I need to add some ore feeders and connect them.

I hope everybody has a good day.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 04-05-2022

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 38 with some light rain scheduled for later this morning with a high near 60. Rain chances off and on through Friday.

Yesterday was a pretty decent day, Ok workout at the gym. Also got the bills paid and filed my income tax, both federal and state. Getting a little back so maybe I can afford to put some gas in the car. Also closed out the separate account that I had set up to handle my son's estate. Only one project left to finish out his estate and I may work on that today. Also on the to do list for today is to start cleaning the basement after finishing the wall. Some items may not survive being put back in place.

I have an appointment for next Monday afternoon for the dealer to look at my car. It will be a busy day as I have an eye appointment in the morning in a town about 45 minutes east of me. Then the appointment in Des Moines which is another 45 minutes south. I allowed plenty of time between the two so my eyes can recover from being dilated.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 04-05-2022

Good morning everyone, warm today, low 90's, up to 97 later this week. Going to be a hot summer, they are saying a wet one too. We'll see.

Filed a claim for my fender-bender, I can go to a Honda repair shop, bring it somewhere they say to get a quote, or send them photos. I've already gotten two quotes, so I'm going to do the easiest thing and send them photos.

Not much else going on right now so I think I'll have time to finish up on my challenge.

Went to Brenda's yesterday, new cook, waitress apologized for a lousy breakfast and said she'd be apologizing all day. Different cook today so we'll go back. The new owner is full of surprises. One legacy of Brenda's is that all the coffee cups were different and frequently matched a holiday. Customers would frequently bring in a bunch of different cups and leave them, since Brenda said they get chipped and broken easily. So, a few weeks ago, the new owner decided to bring in glass cups, taking away one more thing that made Brenda's what it was. That lasted one day, I guess no one accepted the change. The thing is, no one is bringing in replacement cups as they did for Brenda.

So much for that, gotta go, so everyone take care and have a great day. I am predicting that our weather here will spread across the country and they'll be no snow anywhere, well, on this side of the border anyway.. Icon_rolleyes

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 04-05-2022

Hello Blue
We have sun today. 55 for the Hi.
Yesterday was a day of rain mixed with snow. It was above freezing so it was pretty without being a nuisance. Wife is out to lunch with some church ladies, so I am goofing off while she is gone.
S.J.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 04-06-2022

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and windy for the next three days. 40 now, 47 later with a slight chance for rain. Winds could hit near 40 mph now through Friday.

Started cleaning up after my wall painting project. The floor is clean but I still need to wipe down the stuff on the shelves. I need to make a Walmart run this morning . Otherwise nothing on the agenda for today.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 04-06-2022

Good morning everyone, 5:00 AM and it's in the high 60's already, heading to the mid 90's. I looked at a few forecasts, it could rain Tuesday, one says 9%, another 19%, then 66% and lastly, "99% chance with inland hurricanes and tornadoes".... Uh, that last one is mine and as accurate as the rest. 1% gets me off the hook if it turns out hot and sunny or just a bit cloudy. Waiting

Reworking some track to make room for my Arby's scratchbuild challenge. Should look OK next to Denny's.

Went to get a eye exam, saw several techs giving me different tests, then I'm ready to see the doctor. She spent four, maybe five minutes looking at my eyes, telling me I need cataract surgery, then routed me out the door. Yesterday I got a request to do an email survey on that doctor. I never really got to know her, and I'm suppose to give them a good report. I bough some wood at Lowe's, they wanted a survey on my opinion on what i bought and photos of how I used it. I get more phone survey calls than I do about my vehicle warranty running out, and it's getting so that I expect the grocery store to ask me how I enjoyed the pie or can of soup that I just bought. It's crazy, got a CT scan and they sent me a survey and wanted to know if I'd recommend then, I said "no". Got a call asking me why and I told them it was not my choice, but the doctor's. No more answering surveys, even the ones that say I have a chance to win something. Nope

Enough griping, enjoy the day.....