The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=9237)

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 04-16-2022

Greetings, gang.

Another frosty morning in the remote reaches of northern Iowa. 25 right now headed for 45 later this afternoon. No warmer weather until at least Wed.

Yesterday was disappointing. Got a call from the repair shop. One of the parts needed failed to arrive. So now I'm stuck with the loaner until at least Monday. Otherwise a very quiet day. This morning is laundry and this evening I'll be picking up a pizza and going to visit some friends. Not much else going on in my life at the moment.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 04-16-2022

Hello Blue
Sun with a Hi in the 40s for today.
I have a cold that I was hoping would be better for Easter but it's not co-operating.
Got some laundry going. No train news.
Let's remember what Easter really means.
S.J.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 04-16-2022

Good morning all, hope you all are ready for Easter tomorrow. It's been a long long time since I've done any Easter egg coloring, and I'm sure by now, Walmart's Easter candy is almost all gone. Seems like they still had lots of Peeps the other day though. I haven't even bought a bag of jelly beans this year.

I noticed that gas here is plummeting, it's down yet another two cents, just makes your head spin thinking about it, most stations are now at $4.659 (that .009 is an insult to mankind).

David, if I had my drill bits and taps in pin vises, I'd lose the pin vises and all. Crazy  As usual, I'd go buy new ones and find the lost ones a day after I used the new ones. 35

Y'all have a great day, I'm reading where there are blizzards in Montana, you guys  are talking about highs in the 40's, it's 7:00 AM here and we're already in the 60's, and we should hit 90 later on. Stay warm, stay safe and have fun....

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 04-16-2022

Our gas just went up 10+ cents a litre. (Remember, a litre is a generous quart).

We went out to a museum near Stratford, Ont today. There was a display about the early years of the Stratford Shakespearian Festival. On the program from the second year I found the name of one of our neighbours. On the same page was a William Shatner.
They also had a display about the CNR shops there.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ngauger - 04-17-2022

Happy Easter & Passover!!!

Weather all over the place here... 60's Thunderstorms, 50's and heading to 70's mid week...

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 04-17-2022

Happy Easter, gang.

Cloudy and 26 headed for snowy/rainy and 38. Not the most pleasant weather for an outdoor Easter egg hunt.

Went to visit some friends last evening and needed to put gas in the loaner. Wound up having to get the owners manual out to figure out how to open the filler door. Seems you have to hit the door unlock button and then get out and press the filler door. Just goofy. Otherwise a fairly routine day. Not much planned for today other than maybe a walk in the rain this afternoon.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 04-17-2022

Good morning, and a Happy Easter and Passover to you all. All sorts of outdoor Easter stuff going on around here, lots of Easter egg hunts, and as usual, St. Vincent de Paul is going to have dinner for a few thousand folks in need. I hope you all can spend the day with your loved ones and be able to see the joy of the day. For me, I'll be heading to church in a few minutes, it'll be crowded with those that only show up a few times a year, then I'll be having dinner at Pat's house, it'll be my great-grandson's first Easter.

Not doing much else today, still need to take it easy until my back gets back in shape a bit more.

Take care, have a great day and by all means, stay safe.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 04-17-2022

Have a blessed Easter Blue.
Sun and 40s today. Average for middle April is 60.
Still waiting for my cold to go away.
S.J.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 04-18-2022

Greetings, gang.

Clear and cold at 24 degrees this morning. High to day near the mid 40s with winds in the 30s. Got about 2 inches of snow on the grass yesterday but most of it melted off right away. The rest should disappear quickly today.

Gym this morning and maybe some grocery shopping. Hoping to hear word on my car later. Doctor appointment in the morning at 8.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 04-18-2022

Good morning good people, I hope you all had a pleasant Easter with lots of Easter bunny treats and didn't spend the day getting your taxes done. Yes, today is tax day. Yesterday, I just took it easy all day. I checked a while back and found I didn't have to file. The IRS website used to have a "do I have to file?" where you just plug in a few numbers and it comes back either "yes" or "no", but this year I had to go through the motions of filling out the 1040 before I found out.

We're in for a hot one today, It's 5:00 and we're already in the mid-60's, the high could reach 100.

I see in the news that our big manhunt for the guy that shot a cop last week is over, they got him last night. He vowed to shoot it out with the police, but apparently that didn't happen.

Everyone have a great day and stay warm. I'm heading to breakfast, Brenda's doesn't open now until 7:00, a week ago I was the only one there earlier, so she changed the hours the next day. The new owner is driving away the few remaining regulars, so we're trying a different place a bit further away. Brenda's Kitchen is in the home stretch, either it sells or it closes...

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - tompm - 04-18-2022

Good morning folks

It is 46 and going up to 49.

We had a nice Easter diner. Still putting away the dishes and stuff.

I was going to weather the hot dog stand but I realized I need to add a couple of signs to the building. I searched for decals or dry transfers but I don't have any so I need to order some. I open the fruit stand kit and looked it over.

We have to take the pup over to the vet for a booster.

I hope everybody have a good day.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 04-19-2022

Greetings, gang.

It's a sunny 24 degrees in the remote reaches of northern Iowa this morning. The high is scheduled to be in the upper 40s without the dramatic winds of yesterday. Possible rain tomorrow.

I was supposed to have a doctor appointment at 8 this morning but got called yesterday and moved to May 11th dues to a death in the ARNP's family. Still no word on the repairs to my car and I still don't like the loaner. Among other things I miss my XM radio.

Gas price when I was out yesterday ranged from $3.68 to $3.94 at stations directly across the street from each other. The lower priced station probably hadn't received the secret memo yet.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 04-19-2022

Good morning all, it didn't hit 100 yesterday, but came close, same today, very high 90's with a minuscule chance of rain. I saw a new article that the Snow Bowl is still open for skiing near Flagstaff, big surprise. Tomorrow we go out target shooting and temps drop into the high 80's. We still go really early and quit when the guns get too hot to hold.

Costco and Sam's Club dropped gas prices six cents to $4.29, while a few others dropped two cents to $4.65. We incidentally, are the highest in the valley, on the east side many are $4.35 with one Costco at $3.99. When I say, "valley", there are around 12 larger cities including Phoenix and a few smaller communities that is around 10,000 square miles. The Chamber of Commerce calls it "The Valley of the Sun", but its real name is, "The Salt River Valley". The normally dry Salt River runs right through from east to west. So much for geography...

Went to a different restaurant for breakfast yesterday, we knew most of the customers there, former Brenda's early morning crowd. OK place, but a bit far to drive to everyday.

Take care and have a great day today.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - tompm - 04-19-2022

Good afternoon folks

It is a chilly 47 and windy heading up to a high 49.

Yesterday was a slow day. I think the dreariness of the day affected everybody's motivation. I did get some laundry done. Took the pup to the vet for a booster. later in the afternoon she had a reaction to the shot resulting in pain in the rea of the shot. It was bad enough I had to call the vet and get medication for her. Today you never know she was in pain.

The DC/DCC toggle switch I ordered arrived. I installed it and it works.

Today is kind of do nothing day. There is always laundry and I have trash to collect upstairs.

For modeling I might work on the fruit stand or the coal yard.

I hope everybody has a good day.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 04-20-2022

Greeting, gang.

Cloudy and 46 with rain scheduled for later on. High in the mid 50s, supposedly.

My knee had felt a little stiff over the weekend but only when starting to stand. Really didn't think anything about it. Went to the gym yesterday and walked a mile on the track and then another mile on the tread mill. Then after lunch I walked to the grocery store and back (about 2 miles round trip). Apparently I aggravated something as my knee really did not like the process of standing. Once I'm up and take a step or two it's ok, just a little sore. Looks like I'll be skipping the gym for a few days.

In other news I got a call about my car yesterday. Said they had it fixed and it would be about $2k but wanted to let it cool down and test it again later in the afternoon. Never did get a call so I'm beginning to suspect they didn't get it fixed. Hopefully I'll know more today. Getting real tired of this.

All stay safe.

Tom