The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=9237)

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 04-20-2022

Good morning, today is a bit cooler, high-80's, good time to go shooting. It's been windy for a couple of weeks now, bad for those with allergies, even worse for those fighting the wildfires up north. One just south of Prescott, another north of Flagstaff. So windy that they've grounded the air tankers for now.

Got to load the truck, we're leaving for target shooting at 6:00, that way we get to shoot for a while before it gets too hot.

Take care and have a great day

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - jim currie - 04-20-2022

hi all . well I'm some what back in the land of the living been a tough 10 days as the paloverdes are in full bloom and I've been in a been in a Benadryl haze so i haven't done much of anything except to sleep .
Don didn't get any photos of n scale stuff in Tucson but from what i see there it wouldn't be worth the gas for you to drive there just to go to the hobby shop.

you all stay safe .
Jim

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 04-20-2022

We had our second booster shots today. Then I finished the income tax and submitted it and prepared the cheques.

Dayle got a notice about renewing her driver's licence. They said that it could be done online and she didn't need to take the in person mental test this year. But the website wouldn't let us do anything.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 04-21-2022

Greetings, gang.

Dense fog greeted me this morning. Visibility is down to about 1 block. Warming today into the mid 60s with clearing skies. Yesterday our very good friends at the National Weather Service predicted a high in the mid 50s. They got the mid part correct but it only got to the mid 40s. We did get about a half inch of much needed steady light rain.

Well, the car dealer proved me wrong. I got a call about lunch time yesterday. They kept the car for an extra day to test the repairs. So far all seems ok. Knee is still bothering me but not as much this morning. I'll still be taking it easy for a few days. Baseball for one of the great-grandsons this evening at 6. Also need to to a little grocery shopping this morning and I'm hoping my new glasses show up soon.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 04-21-2022

Good morning all, nice day yesterday, went target shooting, got into the high 80's before we packed up and left. Today into the 90's, tomorrow back down in the high 70's. Still windy which doesn't help any of us (99.99% living in Arizona) with allergies. Those Paloverde trees that Jim is talking about lay a blanket of yellow blooms all around and the wind kicks them everywhere. That's why they say if you don't have allergies when you come to Arizona, you will before long....

Jim, thanks for checking that shop in Tucson, it's the same here. The Hobby Bench on Bell Rd. had one or two N kits spread out just to fill the shelf. Kevin says the other one might be better. The guy at Hobby Depot had nothing in stock, but said he could order what I wanted. So could I and I guess that's why the brick and mortar stores aren't stocking anything.

Have a find day today and stay away from the Paloverde blooms even if you don't have allergies.... yet....

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 04-21-2022

Hello Blue
Woke up to another wet morning. Temps today. 53/69.
So far my wife and I have passed on the boosters, good idea? bad idea? who really knows. It's the pill company's making the stockholders rich.
Mask mandates are lifted but we still wear them when shopping. No train news although there are a lot of special runs in 3 rail, I'm not buying.
As I read this forum it appears me and the Chief are/were the only 3 railers. I like trains, doesn't matter what size they are. I have enough H O to build a layout but no room.
S.J.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - tompm - 04-21-2022

Good afternoon folks

It is 57 going up to 62. It is nice out until the sun goes behind a cloud and the wind blows and then it gets chilly.

Not much happening around the house. Working on the normal chores. Wife is having a great deal of pain in both her knee and back. Her round of therapy is done and she has an appointment with the doctor next week. Tomorrow she has an appointment with Public School Employees Retirement Service to discuss and apply for short term disability.

I cut the base of the fruit stand out from the rubble. I glued the window frame and door in place. I need to add the glass and then assemble the walls. I still need to order some advertising decals or dry transfers for the hot stand and eventually the fruit stand.

I have some running to do today. I need to go to Fed Ex and drop off my old CPAC since the replacement came and I finally got it set up. Then to the post office to drop off a few things. Then there is PetSmart, the pharmacy, and the grocery store. Luckily they are all along the same road in a couple mile stretch.

I hope everybody has a good day.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 04-22-2022

Greetings, gang.

A low grade thunderstorm is underway outside my window this morning. Rain is supposed to continue off and on through tomorrow.. 52 now and maybe the low 70s later.

Yesterday was uneventful and today looks to be more of the same.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 04-22-2022

Good morning good people, a chilly Friday for us here, tops in the mid-70's, then climbing back to the high 90's in a few days. Suppose to be rain and snow up north which will be good for the firefighters. We now have three wildfires going, the one up near Flagstaff is well over 20,000 acres with no containment and around 750 households evacuated. The other two are near Prescott and Tucson and aren't that big. The one near Tucson was started by someone dragging a chain, all it takes is a spark. Welcome to Earth Day folks....

Yes, it's Earth Day today and I saw this quote that is worth sharing:

"When the last tree is cut down, the last fish eaten and the last stream poisoned, you will realize that you cannot eat money." — Prophecy of Cree Indians

Like Tom, not much happening today. I may get back to my track laying, had to reroute some to make room for my new/old Arby's.

Take care, have a safe day and pay heed to those Cree Indians, they are wise people...

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 04-22-2022

I took the car in for servicing today and found that they didn't expect me to hang around -- no instant service -- they offered to send home in an Oober. I declined and made a new appointment that they knew I would stay for. Well, we'll have snow tires for another 2 weeks.
Was caught at a level crossing by a train. The crossing is a siding that crosses a 4-lane parkway.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 04-23-2022

Greetings, gang.

Another day of unsettled weather is underway in the remote reaches of northern Iowa. 63 now headed for 75 with strong storms, high winds (possibly near 50 mph), and hail are all in the forecast.

Due to the weather I am skipping the grandkids' games today. Other (indoor) activities will include laundry, house cleaning, and the Formula 1 spring race at 10.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 04-23-2022

Good morning all and a Happy Weekend to you. The weather is a bit zonkers here, up at the wildfire near Flagstaff, they had some rain and snow, but they say the winds dried that out and was no help. The fires rage on. Down here, the winds were wicked, I opened the truck door and the wind almost took it off the hinges. The only plus is that it stayed on the 70's and felt chilly. Starting Monday, we are back into the 90's, Tuesday will push 100 very hard...

Little change on gas prices, I see a few $4.63, the east side is about ten cents lower, Costco here @ $4.29. California folks are looking at the least, $1.00 more, I see some stations there at over $6.00, yet another good reason to avoid going to California.

The housing market here in Arizona is getting out of control. In three years, my house has doubled in value. I get probably six calls a week from real estate folks wanting to list my house. At first I was polite in saying "no", but now I let them know that they are upsetting me with their cold calls. I can understand, they are desperate for listings, houses are selling  for many thousands over listing, unheard of here. And if any Realtors are reading this, please don't call me, I don't plan on moving anytime soon, and if I did, I know who I'd list my house with. Waiting

Take care and have a fun weekend.... Icon_e_biggrin

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 04-23-2022

Hello Blue
Sun and 80 today which is just right for us northern folk. Too early to stay that way but it does happen once in a while.
I turned on our outside faucets this morning, a hard freeze should be over. Wife is getting antsy to do some spring garden work.
I gotta get busy and do some engine maintenance, but I've just been too lazy.
S.J.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 04-24-2022

Good morning everyone. The fire up near Flagstaff has destroyed 30 homes so far and is about 22,000 acres by now. The winds have died down, which is helping. They've called up some special crews and they have aerial tankers, so it is a major fire.

Not much else to talk about right now. I'm running late, overslept a bit. Tried to reschedule an appointment, called every day last week, finally told them to cancel all my appointments (8 total), yesterday I get a reminder that I have an appointment. And they expect me to let them work on my eyes when they can't even communicate between each other or respect their patient's wishes. Waiting 

Gotta go,  have a great Sunday, there may be some football on, I watched part of a USFL game yesterday and I did not see the antics allowed in the NFL. Hardly any fans in the stands, but let's hope that changes.....

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 04-24-2022

Greetings, gang.

47 and cloudy after a sunny start to the day. Not much warmer as the high is only scheduled to be in the low 50s. The wind today is a little less at around 30-35 mph as opposed to yesterday's 47 mph.

I did get a few things done around the house and also managed to get the oil changed on my car. About 6:30 we had a very strong but very brief storm with a quarter inch of rain and 45 mph winds in the space of about 10 minutes.

So far today I have watched a rather routine F1 race and that's gonna be about the extent of my activities for today.

All stay safe.

Tom