The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=9237)

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 05-01-2022

(05-01-2022, 04:24 PM)jim currie Wrote: Don most gun screws are called 6-40 . but that don't mean they all are there are off the top of my head  there are 10 different used screws used benign   sharp V, unified , Whitworth , modified square , acme , B&S worm , buttress  , knuckle , daroelet , metrics , us standard . there might be more but would have to dig out my machinist hand book . but my guess would be 6-40. and after you find a replacement i would use blue lock tight.
Jim

This one looks closer to #4 or M3 but with coarser threads. The gun is a month old, the easiest thing would be to just call Taurus and have them send me a replacement. I will Locktite it in since it's not a sight adjustment screw. I will stop by Ace though, just to see what they have there.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - jim currie - 05-02-2022

Don just for S&G what model is it and where does missing screw go ?
jim

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 05-02-2022

Greetings, gang.

More clouds and more cold weather. Rain tonight into tomorrow. 43 now 51 later. Getting tired of this lousy weather.

Very quiet day yesterday. Hardest activity was frying some eggs for lunch. Off to the gym this morning. Keeping an eye on the lawn. Looks like it's going to need to be mowed soon. Very unusual yesterday in that I actually had mail delivered. Not sure what happened there.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 05-02-2022

Good morning all, this will be a busy week for me, several appointments, and I take the truck in for body work on Friday. Got to arrange for a rental and hope it doesn't take too long.

(05-02-2022, 12:28 AM)jim currie Wrote: Don just for S&G what model is it and where does missing screw go ?
jim
It's a Taurus TX22 and it's the "rear sight retaining screw". The rear sight is removable in case you want to change it. My friend has the same gun and I asked him to remove his screw so I could check the size and thread, but his is in there too tight. Taurus should replace it regardless of how it got loose, but I never touched it so this is how it came from the factory.

They are still fighting the fire near Prescott, it's now 38% contained. It's difficult to fight because of the terrain.

Ya all have a great week, stay safe and enjoy what you do...

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - tompm - 05-02-2022

Good afternoon folks

It is 58 heading up to 71. It rained overnight so it is cool a the moment.

We had a busy weekend outside. I had to put a new canopy on the gazebo in the backyard. There was a problem with the top piece they sent with the canopy, it was too small. All the numbers on the box and bag were correct and the main canopy fit. After looking at the gazebo carefully we realized this may be the last year for the frame. It is at least 9 years old and been out in the elements the entire time. I tried contacting the company but their phone kept disconnecting every time I asked for the parts department. We looked at new gazebos. I decided to go for broke and shortened the vent frame. I am proud to say the shortening worked and the canopy is completely installed. We brought out the furniture for the gazebo and for the front patio. I planted some plants around the fishpond. My back is telling me today I may have overdone it.

With all the outside work I got no modeling done.

I need to put up the light in the gazebo and do a minor repair on the pergola on the front patio. I do hope to get some modeling done today or tonight.

We need to run to PetSmart, the produce store, and the grocery.

I hope everybody has a good day.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - jim currie - 05-02-2022

(05-02-2022, 06:11 AM)ezdays Wrote: It's a Taurus TX22 and it's the "rear sight retaining screw". The rear sight is removable in case you want to change it. My friend has the same gun and I asked him to remove his screw so I could check the size and thread, but his is in there too tight. Taurus should replace it regardless of how it got loose, but I never touched it so this is how it came from the factory.

Don according to my go to gun smith its a 2.5 x45 , reported to be not a uncommon problem  , he didn't have one on hand to check length .
Jim

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 05-03-2022

Greetings, gang.

Rain and 40 in the remote reaches of northern Iowa this morning. 57 later with the rain letting up for a while. About an inch of rain since suppertime last night.

Fairly quiet day yesterday. Gym was routine and I goofed off yesterday afternoon. Then after supper I decided to take a walk in the rain. Walked for almost 3 miles. Very enjoyable. This morning I'm headed to Menards and Walmart and possibly a grocery store.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 05-03-2022

Good morning all. another hot day in store, a bit over normal, but in the 90's. Don't know what kind of summer we're looking at but they said we should see more rain. So far they're wrong...

(05-02-2022, 10:37 AM)jim currie Wrote: Don according to my go to gun smith its a 2.5 x45 , reported to be not a uncommon problem  , he didn't have one on hand to check length .
Jim

Thank you Jim, Home Depot shows some 2.5 x 45 flatheads in stock. I may have to grind the head and cut it short to fit, but I spent 20 minutes listing to music on hold with Taurus, before I went to their website and filled out a service request form. Then I realized they expect me to send the gun in, so I'm headed to Home Depot today. I already have some Blue Loctite. Awesome

Go meet the eye doctor that will do my cataract surgery. They say it takes about two minutes for the surgery, less than two hours including all the pre and post op stuff. A friend's wife had one eye done, and won't go back to do the other one. They told me if I didn't do it, I would lose my sight. Really a no-brainer choice.

Heading to Brenda's today. New owner, back open at 6:00, suppose to be a local customer that bought it. They say that the old regulars are starting to come back. The last time I went, I was the only customer there. We'll see...

Have a great day, and stay safe.... Icon_e_biggrin

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 05-03-2022

Hello Blue
More rain and 55 today. Our back yard is so wet I expect to see frogs and Lilly pads soon.
It's still indoor activities as the weather has not been warm enough to start doing spring outside.
No train news. Wife has caught the cold I had but seems to be handling it better than I did.
S.J.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - tompm - 05-03-2022

Good afternoon folks

The temperature is currently 66 going up to 69. Looks like a really nice day.

Worked some more on the yard. I hung the light in the gazebo. We went to PetSmart with the puppy. She was upset that everyone in the store did not come over to her and give her pets and attention.

Today I am hoping to give the fishpond filter its spring cleaning. We have some plants to repot.

No modeling again last night. Maybe tonight.

We need to run to the produce store and grocery store.

I hope everybody has a good day.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 05-03-2022

Don:
I had a cataract done about 18 years ago. This was due to retinal surgery fogging the lens or whatever. Sight in that eye is very clear except theretina didn't go down flat. The other eye has a bit of a cast because of some laser work at one point.
I claim that when I look at the hall rug, one eye thinks it's beige and the other thinks it's ecru.

I no longer worry about accurate shades of railway paint.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 05-04-2022

Greetings, gang.

A brief respite from the clouds and gloom is under way. Sunny skies and 33 right now but clouds are supposed to reappear and the rain will be here early tomorrow through Friday. Slightly warmer Saturday then 80s by Tuesday. Go figure.

Very successful shopping trip yesterday. I was able to clear everything off the chalk board. Also late in the afternoon I was able to get in about a 7 mile bike ride. Swimming this morning and maybe a bike ride this afternoon. Speaking of bike rides, Charlie, how are you doing on your bike riding?

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 05-04-2022

Good morning all, another hot and rainless day here today. A bit windy yesterday, not so much today....so they say.

Jim, thanks much, got a flathead 2.5x45 at Home Depot, ground the head to fit the recess and cut it down to about .25" and now my gun is back to normal. I'm still going to bug Taurus to send me a screw, I'm only one month into a lifetime warranty on it and I'm not sending it back for repair.

Tom, don't know how you do it, but be proud. I can't walk to the end of the block, and when I did ride a bike, I felt good doing a mile around the neighborhood.

Went to the new-new Brenda's yesterday. Starting to see familiar faces back again. Apparently some guy that owns a pizza place down the street bought it. I certainly hope he didn't pay her what she was asking, she ruined the business and expected her whole investment back anyway. Going back again today.

Got one appointment today and still some house maintenance issues that I've been putting off.

Let's all have a fun day today. Goldth

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Charlie B - 05-04-2022

(05-04-2022, 05:32 AM)FiatFan Wrote: Greetings, gang.
  Speaking of bike rides, Charlie, how are you doing on your bike riding?

All stay safe.

Tom

You just had to ask Wink
 I haven't got it out of the shed yet. I have been doing many jobs that I had put off and it is a struggle to do many of them because they involve working on a ladder. I have about 10 more days work (that should only take one for an able body).  The diet is still working though I had to start eating a little more because I was over doing it. 
I have been having more muscle and joint pain than I think I should and reading the side effects of a drug I am on that may be the cause so I am going to eliminate it for a few days to see if that is the cause. 

As for other stuff, I did manage to put a decoder in a Walther's American crane, however it doesn't need sound because there is an unreal amount of gear noise even with a liberal amount of LaBelle grease.  I also had to repair a stripped screw. I was really disappointed with the model though it looks fantastic. 

Don, I had my cataracts removed 8 years ago and it was a piece of cake, just don't bend over or lift anything for the first 2 weeks so they have time to heal and use the drops as directed.  I know they say you can lift a little but for a couple weeks it isn't worth the risk.  We had a dog that had juvenile cataracts that we had removed in 2007 and he came through the surgeries perfect. That was expensive but he was worth every penny.     At least you won't have to wear a cone if you behave. Wink 
It's cloudy here with the temp at 51. 

Cheers to everyone
Charlie

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 05-04-2022

(05-04-2022, 07:30 AM)Charlie B Wrote: Don, I had my cataracts removed 8 years ago and it was a piece of cake, just don't bend over or lift anything for the first 2 weeks so they have time to heal and use the drops as directed.  I know they say you can lift a little but for a couple weeks it isn't worth the risk.  We had a dog that had juvenile cataracts that we had removed in 2007 and he came through the surgeries perfect. That was expensive but he was worth every  At least you won't have to wear a cone if you behave. Wink 
Charlie

My only concern about wearing a cone is the amount of falling hair it might collect. Icon_rolleyes

Yeah, no lifting, no bending and no ogling  Nope