The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=9237)

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Charlie B - 05-04-2022

ezdays  Wrote:Yeah, no lifting, no bending and no ogling  Nope

But the ogling is better when you can see.  Goldth
 Charlie

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 05-05-2022

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy, cold, rain. Bah, humbug!

Decent day yesterday. Swimming in the morning and a bike ride in the afternoon. Also got the winter toys put away and the summer toys out. On the bike ride I met a guy I used to work with. Stood on the bike path for about 10 minutes just catching up. I gave him and the other guy a really hard time about riding electric bikes. Not much planned for today other than my Thursday group this evening. If it dries off I may go for a bike ride later.

Don - I thank genetics and a moderately active work history for my health. I am very fortunate in that at 76 years old I take no medications and am in good health. After I retired my wife was the one who suggested I join the local YMCA. Not sure if she wanted me to stay healthy of just get me out of the house for a while.

Charlie - don't give up hope. You'll get there.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 05-05-2022

Hello Blue
Sun and 60s today. But of course more rain tonight. sigh
I read that Lake Mead is so low they found a rusty barrel with a body inside. I'm surprised that they haven't found a few cars as well.
No special news here, got a routine M.D. appointment at 10:30.
Got some stuff ready for a train show on Saturday. Then a club meet that same evening.
Bushes and spring plants are in full bloom but the big trees are just now showing signs of green leaves.
S.J.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 05-05-2022

Good morning everyone, getting warmer today. Now they say a few more days above normal, then a few below normal, down in the 80's. I guess I never should have put my longjohns away. Icon_rolleyes  BTW, I do remember they were issued along with all clothing when I went to Basic Training in upstate NY. Spent three years stationed in Yuma, Arizona, never saw anyone wearing them there. Nope

Tom- my genetics are inclined towards no exercise, I can't remember any of my family, ever even using that word. I even managed to skip gym class when I was in high school. We did live on the third floor when I was young, climbing stairs was all we got.

Jim- thanks again for that info, worked just fine. I don't know any gunsmith here anymore. There's one over on Cave Creek Rd. that I'm planning on seeing one of these days. A good hour's drive away, but I don't see any on this side of town that I can actually talk to. Most shops have a "drop it off" and the smith will pick it up on Tuesdays. No, I want to talk to the guy and hear his opinion before giving him the gun to work on. That shop across town has an on-site smith.

SJ- Yup, they think he was shot in the head too. Remember, it's not that far from Vegas. There's probably more down there as well.

Brenda's is starting to feel like home again, familiar faces showing up. Life there is good once more....

Take care everyone and have a great and fruitful day.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - tompm - 05-05-2022

Good afternoon folks

It is 64 going up to 70. Today is the last day without rain for the next three days.

We have been busy around the house both inside and outside. My wife repotted a bunch of plants. I cleaned out the fishpond filter and scrubbed the fountain that goes in front of the front patio. Inside I did a heavy cleaning of the floors upstairs and downstairs. I brought the bins up from the basement for the Easter decorations.

With the nice weather we will be working outside. The wife is going to repaint the wooden swing. I plan on moving the water lilies from the deep end of the pond to the shallow. Then I will install the pond filter.

I did install screws in the coupler clips on a couple of Athearn Tropicana reefers. I began assembling an RF&P wide vision caboose Athearn blue box. I ran a test train of my RF&P GP40's and seven completed Tropicana reefers.

I need to run to the produce and grocery stores.

Jim, thanks for the signs. I saved the sheet. However, I cannot print them since our printer won't print color. Looks like I need to get a new one.

David, I tried the #147 coupler which is the high variation of the #148 but they did not work. The cars were that low.

I hope everybody has a good day.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 05-06-2022

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy now but it's supposed to clear off and actually show some late spring weather with a high in the upper 60s.

Didn't do much yesterday. Bike ride and then my Thursday group. Gym this morning and probably mow the yard this afternoon. Gas jumped up to $4.09 yesterday.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 05-06-2022

Good morning all, welcome to another Friday. Temps did not get to 100 yesterday, to be sure, they're now saying that won't happen until late next week. 

Gas here has gone up as well. Costco is now $4.49, most others at $4.75 up to $4.99. Looked at California, they're about $1.00 more than here, the highest I saw there was $6.19. Saw some in Texas for $3.39, Hawaii, where gas is tankered in was still lower than here at around $4.60.

Get my truck fender-bender fixed today. Well, I doubt that they'll even start working on it for a few days, but it's not that big a deal. Just that there's lots of others in the queue. There are four or five body shops in one area of town and they're all booked out. Another one that I got an estimate at two weeks ago had me scheduled in June.

Hope everyone has some nice plans for the weekend. Think I'll watch a bit of USFL football. Don't know if it's a rule, or just good sense, but I still haven't seen any dancing in the end zone or players strutting around like a chicken, just playing football....

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 05-06-2022

Hello Blue
A few showers and 60+ today. 
Yes there's probably lots of things at the bottom of Lake Mead, it is interesting to see what might be there, after all these years of being covered with water.

We saw the dam once, one of our first Vegas trips. Took the tour bus as it didn't cost much back then and the bus tours kinda got priority status.
I'm ready with some goodies for tomorrows train show.
S.J.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - jim currie - 05-06-2022

(05-05-2022, 10:25 AM)tompm Wrote: Jim, thanks for the signs. I saved the sheet. However, I cannot print them since our printer won't print color. Looks like I need to get a new one.

Tom have several pages of posters  let me know your era  and pm me your email address I will give you some more,
Jim

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 05-07-2022

Greetings, gang.

48 outside my window today.  I will be wearing a hat today as no natural sunburn protection on the top of my head.  Lots of clear skies and warm temperatures.  Supposed to get to 74 today.

Yesterday didn't go quite as expected.  Motivation for the gym was non-existent.  I did go for my first 12 mile bike ride of the season.  Also mowed the yard for the first time.  I don't know how much longer I'll be able to ride the bike.  My knees and I have been discussing the issue since I returned yesterday afternoon.

Soccer at 9 this morning and I'm still debating whether to go to Ames this afternoon for a baseball double header.  The second game starts at 3:40 (if it's on time) and games generally last close to 2 hours.  That would put me home around 7.  Makes for a very long day.

I'll leave you with this thought from my favorite cartoonist - Gary Larson

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 05-07-2022

Good morning good people. Saturday, slept in again, like Tom's cartoon, when you get hit by that "old age" truck, it tends to make you a bit lazy at times, Saturday morning is one of them for me. Awesome Oh, officially, we didn't make 100. Our "official" temperature is taken at Sky Harbor Airport and it only hit 99 there. Got up to 101 in other parts of the valley though.

Went grocery shopping yesterday, got hit big time by inflation. A carton of 18 eggs at Walmart before the pandemic was around $1.54. During the pandemic, it went up to $2.50. Yesterday it is now $5.00. A $1.50 can of soup is now $1.98. That's quite a bit higher than the numbers that we're being fed, although I did see a few items that hadn't changed prices recently. Didn't even stop at the meat dep't, I didn't want to go into a depressed state any more than I already was... Icon_cry My 6% SSI "raise", isn't going to help much, especially since part of that went back to the government for Medicare. 

We missed Cinco de Mayo the other day. That's a big deal around here, extra seating put out in Mexican restaurant parking lots. Me, I stayed home as usual.

Enough old-age grumbling, everyone have a great weekend if you can, do something that you enjoy. Me, I have some plumbing to work on and that's OK, I like fixing things.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 05-08-2022

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 57 right now with a thunderstorm approaching. The high for today is only supposed to be about 64. Then tomorrow the heat wave starts with a high in the upper 80s for most of the week.

Soccer was entertaining as always yesterday but I skipped the baseball games. Ran the string trimmer and used the blower to clean the sidewalk. Put all the screens on the front porch. Also rode the bike for 7 miles and my knees are not complaining this morning so that's a good thing. This afternoon will be taken up with watching the Formula 1 race on ABC.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 05-08-2022

Good morning all, and Happy Mother's Day to anyone out there (not just here), that happens to be a mother. Worship 

We finally hit the first triple-digit for the year, it was 102 at the airport yesterday. We are looking at reasonable temp (high-80's/low 90's) until next weekend, then around 106 they say. I still find it hard to follow them, even the past weather stats are inconstant and their forecasts change daily. One thing is for sure, the drought continues. No one, except the MS app shows any rain in the near future. Why the show a 4% chance in Tuesday and no one else does, is beyond comprehension. Crazy Everyday they show at least a 1% chance of rain just to hedge their bet. Waiting

Got a light week which is good, my rental car is a Toyota, gotta step down to get in, my truck you step up which is so much easier to get in and out of. They called me Friday and said that my fender and bumper should be in the paint shop on Monday. I'm surprised that they've got it torn down already. I'm hoping to get it back later this week, in the meantime I don't go anywhere that I don't absolutely have to. Right now, I'm redoing my layout's control panel to show the additional interchange track and wiring so that'll keep me busy at home for a while.

Have a fun and peaceful day everyone, stay safe for sure.... Icon_e_biggrin

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 05-09-2022

Greetings, gang.

Partly cloudy headed for clear skies later. 61 now headed for 87 this afternoon with winds near 40 mph. Summer-like weather scheduled for the entire week.

Fairly quiet day yesterday. I did notice the two young ladies across the street had new bicycles in their back yard. Went over and cautioned them to either lock them up or take them in the house as I had a bicycle stolen recently. I noticed later the bikes have been moved indoors. Swimming this morning and just enjoying the warm weather this afternoon.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 05-09-2022

Good morning folks, another "iffy" week weather-wise until the weekend, then to quote the forecast, "Blazing sunshine and hot".

Got my plumbing issue done. Had to call Pat to help, needed two hands to hold the pipe and two more to unscrew the drain. I now have a sink drain that works using a magnet. It opens and closes like normal, but it pulls out completely so you can get a snake down if there is ever a clog. Technology comes to the bathroom. Next will be, "Alexa, close the #2 sink drain and fill the sink with warm water".... Icon_rolleyes

Didn't do much more over the weekend, just took it easy. I'll have time today to work on my layout control panel, I just don't feel like going anywhere in that rental car that I don't have to. So far I have just one appointment this week and hope to get my truck back by Friday which is good since next week looks pretty busy.

Gas is going up past the pandemic days, Costco was $4.29 two weeks ago, is now $4.54. I spotted one $5.03 up in north Scottsdale. Most stations are at $4.69. I can bring my rental car back empty and they'll only charge me close to $7.00 a gallon to fill it back to where it was.

Take care and have a great week...