The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=9237)

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 05-13-2022

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 62 at the moment headed for clearing skies and 80. Had a brief shower overnight. There was enough rain coming through the open window beside my bed to wake me up for about 7 seconds til I closed the window. I was back to sleep before my head hit the pillow.

Yesterday was pretty quiet. Still taking it easy on my knee. I may go to the gym and swim for a while just to burn some calories. Also need to go to Menards for a new dehumidifier for the basement and some ant kill for the patio. It's a never-ending battle to keep the ants from taking over the patio. Once the ants have been controlled again I have some paver sand I need to put in the gaps to help control the vegetation that also likes being on the patio.

Tom - congrats on the new job.

Charlie - the only way I found out about the anemia was by signing up for their on-line documents. I'm on my 4th or 5th medical practitioner in the last 12 years and it's not of my choosing. The place where I go seems to have a moderately high turnover rate. I've had two different doctors, two PA's and now and ARNP. All have been very good, just not anyone long enough to get to know them.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 05-13-2022

Bonus post at no extra cost!

Just got the new Menards ad and guess what's on sale. I'll be out the door shortly to get my new lower priced dehumidifier!

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 05-13-2022

Good morning good people, stayed in the 80's yesterday, today high 90's, the weekend maybe up to 107. Lake Mead dropping to the point that there are hints, "no, we're not considering water restrictions just now...", meaning that they're on the table. First restrictions will be the farmers causing food prices to go even higher. In my opinion, the first to go should be golf courses. There are literally hundreds of them here, each using a massive amount of water every day.

Charlie, they want you to stay hydrated so it's easier to poke you for your blood draw. Just had a CT scan with IV contrast and they had me drink a bottle of water one hour before for that very reason.

Also Charlie, regarding that panel I'm working on, I did that for a living and could easily ruin a large graphic display that we spend hours making, but that was over 20 years ago and I seem to have forgotten some of that discipline. Icon_rolleyes I got the second panel drilled, then screwed it up trimming it on the table saw..... on to panel #3. Waiting

Congrats Tom, it's got to feel good working again.

Got an email, they are "pushing to get your vehicle to you by late Monday". Four more days trying to squeeze in and out of a Toyota that's about 2" from the ground. Four more days paying rental on a car I have just because I don't want to be stuck without one.

Take care, have a great day today, just be careful, especially if you are superstitious.. that's all I can say about that.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - tompm - 05-13-2022

Good afternoon folks

It is now 65 with a high 72. We have had showers on and off all day.

The first week of the new job is done. I still have the sound of the hydraulic hammer in my head. It will probably take most of the weekend to fade.

Last evening I did a few chores around the house. Working again is giving me something of a routine again. I still did not getting to any modeling. I hope to do some this weekend since it may be raining all weekend.

I hope everybody has a good day.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 05-14-2022

Greetings, gang.

Sunny and another pleasant day underway. Yesterday turned out to be downright gorgeous after the clouds dissipated and the humidity went down. Today looks to be the same with a high in the low 80s.

With the cloud cover yesterday morning I was able to get the car washed and waxed. Otherwise I didn't do much. Trying to let the knee recover. This morning I have a soccer game and otherwise laundry is the only activity planned.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Charlie B - 05-14-2022

Good morning. 
     I finally got my lawn sweeper repaired and I was able to sweep the large clumps of grass from the spring growth, then I was able to mow and make the grass look presentable. 
I mow an acre and I don't like to remove the clippings bit the grass got so high because the ground was to soft to mow.  Now the mulching blades can do the job. 

Tom, if you want to try a good ant killer try this one. https://deepgreenpermaculture.com/2020/10/23/how-to-make-borax-ant-bait-for-indoor-and-outdoor-use/
Don't bother with making a trap just place the cotton balls on  a piece of waxed paper. That was they take the borax back to the nest and it kills more at the source. We get the small ones in the house at times and a cotton ball or to soaked with this placed on a piece of waxed paper where they are seen eliminates them in a day. It sure isn't expensive and isn't smelly. 

We are expecting more rain today. I wish the folks out west could have some of it. 

Planning on an easy day.
Charlie

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 05-14-2022

Good morning everyone, yup, got an extra hour and a half sleep this morning. I've got one goal for today, I'm determine to finish that control panel. There are 15 holes that must be right on, no wiggle room, and I keep getting one of them just a tiny bit off. One more try and I'll need to get another sheet of acrylic. Waiting 

Temps today in the triple-digits, tomorrow close to record. I would like to see Charlie's wish come true, as far as I can see, we have just about  1/2" of rain so far this year. We are not into our monsoon season yet, and some are predicting more rain than normal. In the meantime, Lake Mead had dropped 25' since the first of the year.

Gas at Costco and Sam's Club are up to $4.64, most others are $4.89. I see one Shell station on the east side at $5.29 already. that's a dollar more than Costco was two weeks ago. Also glad we don't have young kids to raise, you can get by without toilet paper if need be, but not baby formula. Why do we keep on having these shortages? Walmart has kept their formula behind locked doors for a while now, but those cases are empty today.

I hope you all have a fun-filled weekend and can find baby formula if you need to.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Charlie B - 05-14-2022

(05-14-2022, 08:07 AM)ezdays Wrote:  but not baby formula. Why do we keep on having these shortages? Walmart has kept their formula behind locked doors for a while now, but those cases are empty today.

I hope you all have a fun-filled weekend and can find baby formula if you need to.

Don I did watch a few minutes of news this morning to hear doctors are warning mothers not to use alternative formulas. I wonder if they really mean to let the babies starve. We used the Carnation canned milk formula for all 4 of our children and not  one has any allergies. 
Charlie

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 05-14-2022

Gas here is over C$2.00 a litre (about a quart) at a lot of stations. Diesel is even higher. Maybe we should have filled up the motorhome before we stored it. (But it's not going anywhere this summer, anyway.)

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 05-15-2022

Good morning all, only made it to 104 yesterday, could get to the record of 107 today. Humidity around 7%, making it hot and dry.

Charlie, we raised two back in the 60's, one had allergies and needed the formula, the other didn't. I wonder how many babies are taking formula "just in case". What gets me is that our government is sending formula to the border to take care of border crossers and leaving our own parents to fend for themselves.

Gas is going out of sight, Costco is now $4.69. What's crazy is the cheapest gas in Arizona is in Bullhead City, ($3.98) it's out in the sticks, on the Colorado River, halfway between I-10 and I-40, about 200 miles from where we are, but across the river from Laughlin, NV, (which has gas for $5.25). Makes no sense at all....

Going to stay home most of today, need to stop by Loews to pick up some more acrylic now that I found the real reason my panels wont fit. I am determined to get it right, actually, I have no choice at this point... Nope Will also take some time to watch a bit of USFL football, got two games on TV today. Don't really know whose playing or what the rankings are, just that it's decent football without all the theatrics.

Take care, stay safe and be happy. Icon_lol

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Charlie B - 05-15-2022

Good Morning
I was up early and I do have some minor chores left for today. I got a lot of small chores out of the way yesterday so I really could just take it easy. I haven't been railfanning for over 4 months so maybe I will break down and go fishing   Icon_e_biggrin Seriously I think I need the rest.

David, that is outrageous. Our prices are bad but I can't understand why Canadian prices are soaring that much. It might be because of exports to U S. I wish the people running our countries really had our interests at the forefront instead of their private agendas. 

Good day to all
Charlie

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ngauger - 05-15-2022

Finally caught up on my reading here Smile

Tom - Congrats on the new job

Gas may reach $5.00/Gal here soon... It's so crazy!

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 05-15-2022

Greetings, gang.

Sunny and 55 headed for cloudy and a 20% chance of showers with a high around 71. Off and on chances for rain through the coming week with highs mostly in the 70s.

Soccer yesterday morning and then laundry. Spent the rest of the day resting my knee. Still acting up. I may have to go to the doctor for it if it doesn't clear up soon. Today will be another day of resting.

I wonder if part of the formula shortage is people buying it as soon as it hits the shelves and then reselling it at a "slight" markup. Yeah, it sucks to be old and suspicious of everyone.

Charlie - interesting article. I'll look in to it.

Gas here dropped a few pennies to $4.06.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - tompm - 05-15-2022

Good afternoon folks

It is 70 on its way to 77 with the sun playing hide and seek. May get some showers at some point.

We ran down to Delaware to get gas. I paid $4.09 with my 30 cent grocery store discount. Price at the first station in Pennsylvania on US 202 was $4.69. I am glad I got the new job. I am going to need it to pay for gas.

We did a few chores around the house. I still did not get any modeling. I am hoping to get some in today.

Need to run to Ace to grab some paint for the backyard fence. Wife is going to ty to paint it.

Also need to run to the grocery store and get some lunch stuff. Our office/trailer is supposed to have WIFI, a microwave and fridge but as of Friday it did not. Contractor promises it will be there tomorrow hopefully with our desks and chairs. Currently I am using a folding chair and and folding table. I shouldn't complain too much. The air conditioner works and the toilet is hooked up to public sewer and water which means no office porta potty.

I hope everybody has a good day.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 05-16-2022

Good morning everyone, here we are in the middle of May already. Have to really wonder, does time really speed up as you get older or is it the perception that it does????

Got an early morning appointment to get my left eye cataract replaced, two more weeks and they'll do the other one. I have not heard anyone say that this surgery didn't help them, so although it's a bit daunting having someone working on your eyes, my choices were to either do it or lose my eyesight....

Just checked Costco and Sam's Club for gas, they're up another ten cents to $4.74 right now. I do see a few more brand named gas at $5.29, parts of California well over $6.00. You just have to wonder why our government has stopped issuing new gas and oil leases, just doesn't make sense... Nope Have friends that just started on their four-month vacation with their RV. It uses diesel and he's figuring on spending around $4-5,000 for gas. If this keeps up, they just may come home sooner. They could spend a couple of months in Hawaii for that kind of money.

Brenda's is looking like old times, little by little the morning regulars are trickling back. Just a whole different atmosphere.

Everyone have a great and prosperous day...