The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=9237)

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - jim currie - 05-16-2022

Hi all . getting ready to head to Tucson today to see the urologist then got to go back on the 31st to see the cartologist  for annual check up on my cow valve .
Don don't fret . the cataract surgery was easy for me  went from legally blind to seeing again in left eye.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 05-16-2022

Can't get my writing to post.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 05-16-2022

Ok quick reply worked. Hello Blue.
87 in the Detroit area Sunday, 76 for today's Hi. Lots of rain overnight.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 05-16-2022

(05-16-2022, 08:34 AM)sir james Wrote: Can't get my writing to post.

We have been experiencing some server issues. We thought they we fixed, but possibly not. I just tried to post and got a "time out" error as well.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - tompm - 05-16-2022

Good afternoon folks

It is now 75 with a high of 76. We have had showers on and off all day. The really nasty stuff is supposed to show in an hour or so.

Will have to see how the job site looks tomorrow if we get the heavy rains they predicate.

We did get some plants into pots. Still have another flat to plant. I cleaned the pond filter but you can't tell because after the rain the fountain head is under water. We counted 16 fish. We had 14 when winter came. That usually means that at least two babies who we could not see last year survived the winter.

I didn't get to the workbench. I almost did but I got distracted. Going to try again tonight.

I hope everybody has a good evening.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 05-17-2022

Greetings, gang.

Sunny now but the clouds will move in later, bringing along a 70% chance of rain this evening. 56 now headed for 78 later.

Very quiet day yesterday. Spent most of the day sitting on the front porch reading. This morning I need to go to Menards for some potting soil Otherwise today will pretty much be a copy of yesterday.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 05-17-2022

Good morning everybody, "hot with plenty of sun" says today's forecast. A livable 100 +/- for the next week or two.

Got the left eye worked on yesterday, the patch comes off this morning. I'm surprised how many people that I know have had cataract surgery. The only issue I had yesterday was sitting next to some woman that was upset that her surgery was over a half-hour late. She complained to everyone, went to the front desk, they brought out a nurse to let her know she was next. When I was called, we were put in another waiting room and she was still complaining. Not sure how many folks they do surgery on every day, but there's a steady stream scheduled about one every fifteen minutes. How do I know that? Well, that crazy woman asked everyone what their appointment times were, that's how...

Not sure about gas prices, Gas Buddy is confused, one list shows Sam's Club at $5.49, but their map says they're $4.74.  I've got two more days of driving a rental, fortunately I put enough gas in it that I won't have to add any before I return it. They want about $2.00 a gallon more if they have to add it at the rental agency. The body shop said they have to strip and repaint my truck's fender, said it wasn't up to their standards. She said that she'd talk to her manager and see if they won't pick up part of my rental costs, which, as of today, has exceeded $400.

Enough already, I plan on having a relaxing and enjoyable day, I hope you all do as well...

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - nachoman - 05-17-2022

Looking to buy a few boards for a home project... I see lumber prices are still quite high...at least twice the cost from the last time I bought lumber a few years ago.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - tompm - 05-17-2022

Good afternoon folks

It is 77 now down from the high of 78. The sun has been out most of the day. The major destructive storms yesterday were a dud. We got about a half hour of heavy rain and then the sun with rainbow came out.

I got one of the Athearn blue box Tropicana reefers built last night. I will try for the second one tonight.

I hope everybody has a good day.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 05-17-2022

Odd day today. We had to have the water meter replaced -- they started telling us a couple of years ago and we put it off because of the Lurgy. Now they said that if we don't replace it they'll cut off the water. Appointment was between 12 and 4; finally came about 2:30. Tech couldn't get through the gate into the village; didn't know the other gate is always open. I tried pushing "9" on the phone but no luck. I suspect he was on his cell phone and not the intercom. Had to drive down and use my card. Don't know why that gate is down when the main gate is always up. Actual operation was about half an hour.
This is only the second outsider in the house in two years. Dayle had all the windows open to get the air exchanged.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 05-18-2022

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy at the moment but it is supposed to clear off later and get to about 80. Right now it's 55. Got about a quarter inch of slow drizzle all afternoon yesterday.

Speaking of yesterday I got some flowers moved into pots and put in the back yard. I was going to mow but it was just starting to sprinkle. That's the only item on my agenda for today until this evening when I head out the door for yet another baseball game. Then soccer tomorrow night. I'm having some struggles with my e-mail so it could be a long day on the phone with tech support.

My knee is doing much better today so I will continue my plan of not doing anything strenuous for the remainder of the week.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 05-18-2022

Hello Blue
I'll try the quick reply this morning. The new reply didn't work yesterday.
No special news here, too much rain, I'd gladly donate some to the west if I could.
55/60s for today. Showers again.
Yesterday morning reg. gas was at $4.49.
S.J.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 05-18-2022

Good morning all, kind of late, but I tired to post earlier when my keyboard locked up and I couldn't finish typing. Thought the batteries ran down, but nope, it started working again a few minutes later. However, I was able to nab a spammer while he was busy registering, I think that's a record for banning someone...

Got to hang around the house today, they're suppose to have my truck ready to pick up, it was almost finished when I called last night.

Gas here has hit the $5.00 mark, the highest I see is $5.43 in Scottsdale. Californians are paying well over $6.00 in the cities. Gas Buddy is all screwed up, their map prices don't match their search prices, the map is more close to what I've actually seen.

Brenda's Kitchen is now the, "Youngtown Diner". Don't know if that changed anyone's mind, but there were very few regulars in this morning.

Take care, stay safe and have a great day.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 05-19-2022

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and we just had a light sprinkle move through. 61 now headed for 87 but strong storms and possibly a tornado or two are on the schedule for tonight.

Another quiet day yesterday. I did get the yard mowed and ran the string trimmer. Also paid a couple of bills. Nothing major planned for today.

Gas here was $4.19 when I was out last night.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 05-19-2022

Good morning all, mid to high 90's this week, a bit higher next week, not bad, looking for the first 110 of the season, probably not that far off.

Got my truck back yesterday, did a good job with the repairs and paint match. Best of all, they detailed in inside and out before giving it back. Because of the delays, they also picked up two days of my car rental. I had lots of problems getting in and out of the rental Toyota, too low, that's one reason I drive a truck, much easier for me to step up..

There were some concerns with my cataract surgery that my left eye vision was still blurry, but it is starting to come around. It usually only takes one day, but I guess I'm a late bloomer.

Gas still holding at $5.00 here. Found out why there was a difference between Gas Buddy maps and search, the search was showing diesel, the map showed regular. So diesel here is around 60 cents higher than regular.

Take care and have a fun-filled day... 2285_