The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=9237)

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 06-15-2022

Hello Blue
We are headed towards 97 today. For us that is extremely hot. I think all the snow will be gone soon. LOL
S.J.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 06-16-2022

Good morning Big Blue, kinda got up there yesterday, 107, but... last year we had a record 115 so we can't complain. We're in our second day of the monsoon season, they used to have a formula, (five days in a row where the dew point is 55° or higher), but now they just pick a date. We used to have "dust storms" too, but now we have, "haboobs". I'm sorry, but why the need to change?

Gas prices still going upward, Costco now at $5.39, most others at $5.69. Traffic is lighter now days, don't know if more folks are working at home again or what.

Last report I heard is that those fires up near Flagstaff are over 27,000 acres now, highway 89 shut down, people being evacuated, others being allowed to return home. It's a mess up there right now. Prayers for those fighting the fires and living in the area that they are safe and successful at containing it.

Nothing earthshaking on my agenda today, I'll do what I feel like doing I guess. Take care, and you do likewise if you can....

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Charlie B - 06-16-2022

Good morning

It has been interesting all ready. Our border collie Clyde let us know that "Alert Condition One" exists. with his "Timmy is in the well" movements so my wifw followed him to see what the problem was. There was a baby possum with his head stuck in the chicken wire in the bottom of the fence. We freed it and set it on its way and Clyde was quite happy.  He never touched it and it was on the inside of the yard trying to get out. Most of the fence is 2x4 inch welded wire, but this is the old fence which was cattle fence and we had put 2 foot of chicken wire on the bottom to keep our dogs and the neighbors GSDs from biting each other. (they had what we called a fence fighting game). I think that they would have been best friends but the fence made all of them protective of their property.

I picked up the new AC at 5 PM last night and it was just in time because the one that we had wasn't cooling at all. it was according to the serial number 20 years old. I knew it was over 15 but I wasn't aware it had hit 20. This one is a lazy mans AC because it has a remote. By bedtime last night I was adjusting it to higher temperature. I had set it to "freeze my toes off " setting to see how it worked.  I finally got comfortable when it was set to 73 degrees.  We only hit 97 here in the Wilderson wildlife refuge.  I don't know what the official temperature  was but I can tell you it was not a dry heat. 

I have to mow again today, the grass is doing well. 

Gas is holding at 4.99 and diesel a dollar higher. 10 miles east PA. has a higher tax on the gas but for the first time since they put the tax on gas was actually cheaper, and diesel was too. 

Good wishes to everyone. Stay cool.
Charlie

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 06-17-2022

Greetings,, gang.

Lots of sunshine yesterday and today and it's supposed to continue through the weekend. 63 now headed for 88 later.

Quiet day yesterday. I did get the yard mowed and went for a nice bike ride. This morning I'll for for another bike ride. After that I need to run the string trimmer and leaf blower.

All stay safe,

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 06-17-2022

Good morning everyone, time to get ready for the weekend. It is a holiday weekend, well for some folks. Monday is "Juneteenth", a federal holiday meaning that our government workers have yet another paid day off of work.

Temps close to 110 today, a big surprise, suppose to drop to 99 all weekend, but the chance of rain has dropped to just about zero. They are saying this is the worse drought since they've kept records and it doesn't seem to be getting any better.

Only thing on the schedule for today is breakfast with the Brenda group and the house cleaning lady shows up. Saturday, the family is having a Fathers Day lunch a day early due to schedule conflicts. There's me, Pat and my grandson-in-law and probably something chocolate....

Gotta go, running late this morning, ya all have a fine day today and stay safe.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - tompm - 06-17-2022

Good morning folks

Current temperature is 76 and sunny with a high of 90. A different than yesterday when we had some really nasty storms.

We lost power at the house twice over the part couple of days. First time was Wednesday mid morning for a couple of hours. A tree branch took out some wires. Second time was last night around 10. This one was blamed on severe weather but there was none. Strange thing is along one road there was a transformer fire, a fire alarm at a school, and a fire in an air conditioner on the roof of the Rite Aid. All incidents were in about a mile and a half stretch of road. Anybody want to say power surge?

Didn't get any modeling done.

Some of this weekend will be spent getting ready for our delayed 30th wedding anniversary trip. We were supposed to go last year but couldn't due to travel restrictions. We will be heading to Punta Cana.

I have a bunch of cars to weather and tune up.

I hope everybody has a good day.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 06-17-2022

Hello Blue
Just checking in.
Sun today in the low 80s.
One of our club members is moving to Fla. so he was having a train sale last night. No basement there so away go the trains. I'm going to miss him as he is a likeable guy, but his kids are down there. As much as I hate winter, Fla summers, I hate more.
S.J.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 06-18-2022

Greetings, gang.

Last day of pleasant weather today. Sunny and 86, Tomorrow turns hot and humid again with highs in the 90s through Tuesday.

I did run the string trimmer and go for a bike ride but was too lazy to run the leaf blower so the sidewalk looks a little messy. I set an old office chair out by the curb with a "Free" sign. Disappeared within a couple of hours. More baseball this morning for the great-grandkids. Tomorrow is a memorial gathering for the parents of one of my daughter's closest friends. She is in Texas an is unable to attend so I will be going as a special envoy.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 06-18-2022

Good morning all, "not as hot" is today's forecast, 99 today and tomorrow. Some say rain, they said that for yesterday and the "nots" won, not a drop anywhere. I'll use my old and trusted rain gauge, stick my arm out the door and if it comes back wet, it's raining... TV news showing all sorts of ways of dealing with the Monsoon storms.... what storms? Nope I think the last time it rained here was February.

Finally got the junk off my layout (just tools and bins of parts), time to get the soldering iron out and get the rest of the track down. May work on that a bit today.

Fires still raging up north, the big one is now 27,000 acres and around 30% contained. They should put the guy that started this on the fire line to help put it out, but no, we'll keep him comforable in jail, feed him, give him free medical care and a lawyer who says we got the wrong guy.

That's it for now, have a great weekend, hope they are planning something big for you dads tomorrow.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 06-19-2022

Happy Fathers Day, gang.

Sunny and warm for the next three days with highs in the 90s. 71 right now.

Went to a couple of baseball games yesterday and got the laundry all caught up again. Today I'll be attending a celebration of life for the parents of my daughter's friend. Then the F1 race from Canada.

Gas price went to $4.79 on Monday and has slowly dropped. Yesterday when I was out it was down to $4.48 It may drop a couple more pennies today before starting back up tomorrow. I'll be filling the tank this evening.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 06-19-2022

Happy Father's Day Blue.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 06-19-2022

Good morning everyone, and a very Happy Fathers Day to all you pappy's out there.

Yesterday was cool and overcast, some rain in the southeast but only a few sprinkles on the windshield up this way. It should not hit 100 today, close but more like yesterday.

Gas still at an all-time high here, the national average dropped an insignificant two cents.

Just going to take it easy today, no plans, but then again, today is Fathers Day and we're not suppose to do anything. Enjoy the day...

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ngauger - 06-19-2022

Just stopped in to say "Happy Father's Day"

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 06-20-2022

Greetings, gang.

Another sunny hot day underway. Extended forecast shows probably hot all week. 75 now headed about 20 degrees north of that.

Had a very weird dream last night. For some reason I was in a bank downtown and two guy were trying to rob it. I had a gun and tried to shoot them. One of the guys was like Clark Kent and the bullets just bounced off of him. I was able to subdue them (not really sure how0 and tried tying them up with those stretchy bandage things they use in hospitals. People around me were calling 911 but the cops never showed up. Finally some guy who was a city council member showed up in his underwear, saying he just got out of bed and wanted to know what was going on. Said he would get a hold of the police for us. That's about the time I woke up. Just crazy!

Gas price when I left town yesterday morning had jumped 21 cents to $4.69. When I returned late afternoon it had dropped back to $4.48 and yes I immediately stopped and filled the tank. I also need to fill the gas can for the mower.

Big plan for today is to water the house plants.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 06-20-2022

Good morning good people, very quiet day yesterday, did not feel like doing anything, so I didn't, that's what Fathers Day is for. Today we go over 100 and once again, some rain in the forecast in a few days. Speaking of rain, nice going in the southeast part of the area, some places got over an inch, here, I saw a few spots on the windshield, I figure around 45 or 50, not enough to qualify as a sprinkle.

They are saying gas is dropping a few cents, Costco and Sam's Club are down to $5.29, but that's the only change I see. Some Circle K stores are giving a ten cent discount for cash, but they've been doing that for a while.

Pat and I are heading up to Cottonwood/Sedona this morning. It's been a year since we interred his mother there and I thought it was time to stop by. I've talked about Sedona before, beautiful red rock area, tranquil and if I had a choice of anywhere in the world to move to, Sedona would be it.

That's it for now, off to Brenda's for breakfast, then heading  up north. Today is Juneteenth, another national holiday, so some of you may have the day off, take care and enjoy the day regardless.