The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=9237)

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 07-08-2022

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy, still very humid, and 72. The NWS is claiming the low 80s for later.

Looks to be a quiet weekend ahead. Another F1 race on Sunday. I hope it's a good as last weeks was. After a terrifying start the race was very close all the way through. The redesigned cars this year have made for some spectacular competition.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 07-08-2022

Good Friday morning to ya all. We should not discuss weather it makes me shudder, 111 today, even higher for the weekend.  I do have an afternoon appointment, got to remember to start the vehicle remotely to cool it down. I forget to do it most times and it's really tricky getting in without burning yourself or choking from the blast of heat coming out of the A/C.

Got a gun show in Phoenix tomorrow, my younger son has comp tickets and it's all indoors. Don't need anything, but it's fun looking plus there's always people-watching at events like this. Guys in full camo with guns strapped to their backs, usually a flag announcing that the gun is for sale. Usually no bargains there, most booths are run by gun stores showing off their stock. Last time I was there I bought a rifle magazine from a guy that had a huge booth with nothing but rifle and pistol magazines. I looked him up and he is a local company that is in a completely different industry. Must be a hobby....

Tom, glad you enjoy racing, I guess it can get exciting but there are other things that seem to get my attention. Even watching football, I normally switch around and never see an entire game. I guess I'm not a really big sports fan, but I try....

Take care everyone, and stay safe, it's getting crazy out there.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Charlie B - 07-08-2022

Good morning everyone.
         I was up at 4am to let our oldest dog out and she refused to come back in, she wanted to lay on the porch so I let her and went back to bed. my wife let her in at 5:30. The yad is completely fenced so they are safe.  
         I mowed yesterday until one of the mower deck support rods came loose and I just didn't feel like crawing under it to replace it. The cotter pin must have broken to let the rod fall out. 
         The brass AS616 has become a real pain in the brass. I remotored it and it still was not running. I took the front truck off and found a burr on a gear that was stopping it from turning altogether but even after fixing that it won't run.  I don't want to completely regear it so I am going to remove both trucks and try polishing the brass gears. They turn but not freely. That will be a good evening project this week. Time to fix the mower. 
          Wishing everyone a safe and happy weekend. 
Charlie

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 07-08-2022

Hello Blue
Sun, and a stuffy 77 this morning.
I'm not a race fan, lost interest when they started using Hybrid cars.
I liked watching real Ford and Chevys race.
My thing is college football, so to each his own as they say.
No special news but I do like to keep up with the fellers here.
S.J.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - LiveSteamer - 07-08-2022

Happy Friday Everyone,

Well today is a better day but I'm still in a lot of pain. My girlfriend has been taking very good care of me and making sure I have everything I need. I've been resting up with my foot propped up and playing my train simulator game over the past few days. The weather on the other hand has been hot and humid. I did manage to go out yesterday and socialize but only to the grocery store lol. I might venture over to the work desk and fiddle around with some of the train projects I have sitting there until my girlfriend gets home from work. Hope you all have a wonderful day.

Have A Safe & Wonderful Weekend Everyone!!!!!!!!!

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - tompm - 07-08-2022

Good evening folks

I was going to post at lunch time today but the day went into the toilet fast. Coming back to the trailer from picking up lunch another driver ran a stop sign and plowed into my car. Driver side front door took the brunt of the hit. Door still works but sticks. Spent the afternoon on the phone with insurance companies. My neck and shoulder are now sore. Looks like a call to the orthopedic doctor is on the agenda now.

As it stands I have no idea what the weekend holds. I guess it depends on how much pain I am in. We did plan to do some house cleaning.

On the modeling front I have a bunch of cars to tune up so maybe I can do them.

I hope everybody has a good evening.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 07-08-2022

We had an interesting day. Our internet provider (one of the largest in the province) went off early in the morning. I noticed when my wi-fi clock radio wouldn't come on. Then the computer wouldn't connect. But the cell phone and iPad would -- different provider. First provider's cable TV still worked mostly.
Bank services in shops were mostly down. It eventually came back after supper.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 07-09-2022

Good morning all, Tom, not so good, I hope you're doing better and the only damage is to your car, not your neck.

Today I'm heading to the gun show at the Fairgrounds in Phoenix, it's inside since outside is suppose to be 111. I actually got some trackwork done yesterday, not much, but it's a start.

Bad news when you ISP goes down. My landline is tied to the Internet, so when I can't get on line, the first thing I do is check the phone. Sometimes, Alexa yells for me to reset my router and by golly, she's usually right.

Slept in a bit so gotta get going, hope you all have an enjoyable day.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Charlie B - 07-09-2022

Good afternoon. It is a pleasant day here when you are in the AC. I worked on trimming trees this morning so I could mow without getting branches in my eyes. I still have 4 trees to trim but it got too brutally hot out so I took a shower and will await the evening, or perhaps tomorrow morning.  

I have a new to me locomotive that I will install a decoder in this evening. It is a brass BP20 that I got on Ebay. It is beautifully painted and detailed and has two new can motors installed. The B unit is a dummy but for a short passenger train it should be pretty classy. BLI is supposed to do them but I am tired of waiting, at my age you never know what tomorrow may bring.  Icon_e_biggrin

Tompm,  I am sorry to hear your car took a whack and hope the neck injury is minor. 

The other Tom, I hope you are healing OK with no infection.  

Don. Looks like you are doing well and Jim too.  Keep up the good work. 

Charlie

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 07-09-2022

Greeting, gang.

It's a hazy 81 degrees outside my window this afternoon. Probably won't get too much warmer. The NWS indicated that the humidity should be lower this weekend but apparently no one told the humidity which is currently at 64%. Muggy enough that taking a deep breath can result in sweating.

Went to Menards this morning and picked up a new cordless string trimmer and some other trinkets. Also got the laundry done and watched the F1 sprint race. Looks like there will be more close racing tomorrow although the championship leaders appears well on his way to taking a second championship. I managed to put some weed killer on the yard and had a nice chat with the neighbor. I was planning to go to a play this evening but the antibiotic I'm on has kept me somewhat close to home.

Charlie - the healing appears to be going quite well on the ear but the area around the the ear is still somewhat uncomfortable. Thank you for your concern.

SJ - I raed this morning that there was a very big internet outage in Canada but the provider isn't saying just where or how many people were affected. I wonder if that's related to what happened to you.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 07-09-2022

The internet outage apparently came after a system upgrade. Anyone surprised?
It apparently was countrywide; there are 3 outfits that provide most of the service across the country.
When the outage happens, you find out how much of everything runs over the wires. Even the store maps at the mall were down. Fortunately, we didn't fall for the push to bundle our phone and internet together, so one stayed up, and the iPad was on the other network.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 07-10-2022

Greetings, gang.

Another steamy day underway in the remote reaches of northern Iowa. 70 right now headed for the mid 80s. Just had a brief shower which left behind maybe a tenth of an inch.

Looks to be a quiet day here. Right now I'm sort of watching a rather boring F1 race. Maybe a bike ride after the race.. Otherwise not much going on today.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 07-10-2022

Hello Blue
Sun and 80s today.
No outage here, at least not lately.
I guess my summers been boring to most folk's standard, but I am quite content just enjoying summer. With hi gas prices, lodging and food all up I'm not all that excited about travel.
One of my wife's sisters is coming today for a week. I guess I will make it through.
S.J.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Charlie B - 07-10-2022

Good Morning
      It has been a nice morning but headed for a muggy 90+ today. 

I worked on a decoder install on another brass locomotive last night. I don't know what the charm was with brass, I have been fixing shorts until I am blue in the face and still have a short that only strikes when I try to move the locomotive. That should mean it is downstream from the decoder so I will sideline that project until I am in the mood. 

My wife trimmed the schrubs and I finished cutting low limbs and we put it all in the bruch piles in the wind row. I like to leave it so the rabbits have shelter but if they don't stop eating my garden plants I will be eating rabbit stew.  Icon_e_biggrin

Nothing at all planned for the rest of the day except relaxing.

Cheers
Charlie

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - jim currie - 07-10-2022

(07-10-2022, 09:17 AM)Charlie B Wrote: Good Morning
      It has been a nice morning but headed for a muggy 90+ today. 

I worked on a decoder install on another brass locomotive last night. I don't know what the charm was with brass, I have been fixing shorts until I am blue in the face and still have a short that only strikes when I try to move the locomotive. That should mean it is downstream from the decoder so I will sideline that project until I am in the mood. 

My wife trimmed the schrubs and I finished cutting low limbs and we put it all in the bruch piles in the wind row. I like to leave it so the rabbits have shelter but if they don't stop eating my garden plants I will be eating rabbit stew.  Icon_e_biggrin

Nothing at all planned for the rest of the day except relaxing.

Cheers
Charlie

aah hasenpfeffer  2285_ good stuff   Hasenpfeffer (Rabbit Stew) Recipe | Allrecipes