The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=9237)

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 07-10-2022

Good morning everyone, yeah, a steamy day here as well, we are in an "excessive heat warning", over 110 for a few more days with humidity around 16%.

Went to the gun show yesterday. Thousands of people there, I'm guessing at least 20,000 guns both on tables and in the hands of folks walking around, yet there wasn't one armed guard that I could see. why, they were people interested in guns for protection, defense and like myself, for sport and not those mentally unstable that want to hurt others. It was crazy there but worth the time.

Got a few house things that need to be done, I'll peck away at them a bit today, some tomorrow and so forth...

Take care, have a great day and stay safe.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 07-11-2022

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and drizzly this morning. Got about a half inch of rain during the night and early morning. Looks like I might get a little more. 72 now, 84 later.

Pretty quiet day yesterday. Side effects from the antibiotic are keeping me off the bicycle and pretty close to home. Hopefully I've adjusted to it enough to be able to at least go to the gym later on.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - tompm - 07-11-2022

Good morning folks

It is a sunny 75 going up to 85.

Saturday I did very little. Shoulder and neck were stiff and achy. Took my wife to the dentist and then we went to the pharmacy and PetSmart. On Sunday with the help of my daughter I got a couple of loads of laundry done and the pond filter cleaned. Basically she did the heavy lifting. I am somewhat worried about my shoulder. I went to pull a gallon of milk out of the frig and nearly dropped it due to weakness and pain. I am currently trying to a schedule an appointment with the orthopedic doctor. I am also waiting for the other guy's insurance to call me. We had some texting back and forth on Friday.

I did not get any modeling done. Just too uncomfortable most of the time. I did revise a couple of entries in my inventory file to reflect kits that are now built.

I need to stop at the produce store on the way home from work today. Perhaps I can do some modeling later this evening.

I hope everybody has a good day.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 07-11-2022

Good morning and a happy Monday to you all. Got one appointment this morning and that's it for the week so far. Good thing, going out is not going to be fun, 115 forecast for today, may be better as the week goes, but not by much.

Gas is dropping, but most stations are still around $5.29 while Costco is down to $4.65. I get my gas at Costco early in the morning, no lines, but after they open the store, not so. I do my best to avoid going to the store for as long as I can anyway, getting a decent parking spot is out of the question, and even the self-checkouts have long lines. I'm just about to the point that I'm going to have to pick a day and bite the bullet.

Not much more going on, Pat and his family are on the beach in California this week so if there are any issues with Big Blue, they will have to wait.

Take care and enjoy the week...

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Charlie B - 07-11-2022

Good evening folks. It is still Monday here but only 30 minutes left.  It was a nice day despite the heat. I managed to get the under carriage of the RV pressure washed in prepertion for an application of Coroseal.  While I was at it I pressure washed my garden cart. It had no paint left on it. After it had dried thoroughly I applied a coat of Coroseal on it.

I had to water the garden because the rain we were supposed to get went over us without dropping any water 

It is time for me to call it a day. I pray everyone is well and your pockets are filled with happiness.
Charlie

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 07-12-2022

Good morning everyone, We did hit 115 yesterday, got back from my early morning doctor appointment and never left the house the rest of the day. The "real feel" was 119. Ahh, another "weather action day" according to one TV station that also claims "the most accurate forecast". Nice little catchphrases with really no meaning. Temps drop down to near a sub-zero 111 today.

Saw a gun I liked at the gun show Saturday, resisted temptation and didn't buy it. Got home and all I could think about is why I passed it up. Went on the Internet and found out why, it was selling higher than retail. I found some on the Internet that were up to $100 cheaper but out of stock. I did find the last on that was in stock here in the Phoenix area and I paid $60 less for it than I would have at the show. For the most part, there are few bargains at shows like this, but if you're looking for something specific, it'll be there. The other thing about gun shows is that there are private sellers there, not many but they are there, some have tables, others are walking around with "for sale" signs and those transactions do not require a background check or paying sales tax, and that's one contention of the gun control folks, the government has no record of the deal and the tax collector is helpless.

Got to make a run to Harbor Freight today, got a 30% off coupon on anything selling for under $10 and there's a few things there that I can use and they say that it's good for up to 4 items at one time. Harbor Freight cut back on coupons during the pandemic but they're back, even giving free stuff occasionally.

Take care, have a fun-filled day today and stay safe while doing it...

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Charlie B - 07-12-2022

Good morning folks.
      It's already too hot to be outside so I will stay in the AC today....It's a wet heat.  Icon_e_biggrin.

Railcop (retired) is coming for a visit so we can sit and drink coffee and complain about the prices of everything. 

The garden cart looks remarkably well for what I did. I have to scrape the loose paint off and seal that area then I will put a coat of Industrial Orange on it so I will be able to find it.  I have 7 quarts of that paint and nothing else to use it for. 

Tom, how is the ear? 

The other Tom, how is your neck and shoulder. I hope you have found a good lawyer because it sounds like you will need one. 

I will send wishes for a good day for everyone.
Charlie

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 07-12-2022

Hello Blue
Sun this morning with a Hi of 80 predicted.
Storms rolled through Michigan last night but missed us. So my wife is out watering the garden. One of her sisters is visiting with us this week, was a long time smoker, now she walks around tethered to an oxygen machine by a plastic hose. I am complaining that the machine is using up our oxygen. lol
No train news at all.
S.J.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 07-12-2022

Greetings, gang.

Sunny, 75, and blessedly less humid! Headed for the low 80s later.

Yesterday was pretty quiet. This morning I got the yard mowed and trimmed and ran the blower to clean off the sidewalk. This afternoon I'll be watching some tv. The ear is healing nicely but the antibiotic is ruining my social life. My daughter and I had planned to go see the minion movie this afternoon ($5.50 all day on Tuesday) but the side effects are keeping me close to home. In addition the aftereffects of that keep me off the bicycle. Speaking of bicycles - Charlie, have been on your bike yet?

Tom - hope all goes well for you.

All stay safe.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - LiveSteamer - 07-12-2022

Afternoon everyone,

Just a little update on myself. The pain level is nearly gone now and I'm able to move my foot a lot more now than prior to surgery. I've been able to get out and go to friends houses with the girlfriend and kids lately so that's a plus. I go back this thursday coming up for my follow up appointment and hopefully the doctor will release me back to my desk job. Fingers crossed he does because this sitting at home all day isn't for me. But other than that everything is good. We have a thunderstorm warning for today until 1900hrs tonight because since it's been hot, the thunder boomers are going to pop up as usual. Hope you all had a great weekend and are having a great start to your week. Take care.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - jim currie - 07-12-2022

well, another week shot. hot and dry here was 116 yesterday some chance of rain in the future so says the weather people (think as don says there just cta } doing a bit of model work improving an Athearn B&O bay window caboose.
hope everyone is doing well, LS staying home ant all that bad when I was anchored to chair my middle son took a half sheet to plywood put on legs with rollers and cut out a recess that put me in a u-shaped table got a lot of modeling done that way.
Jim

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Charlie B - 07-12-2022

Tom, No is the quick answer to the bike. I have been wearing myself out with chores that I put off far too long. I am thankful that I can now do some things that were impossible. I still tire easily but I push more and more every day. 
Charlie

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 07-13-2022

Good morning good people, glad to see that everyone is doing better and hope you're 100% soon. The older we get the longer everything takes for us including healing. As for our weather report, 112 yesterday and the same though the week. Rain? After seeing what the TV lady was showing us on the map, I was ready to dig a storm cellar, but all we got was two small showers to the west of us. Thank goodness I couldn't find a shovel. Icon_rolleyes

Went to Harbor Freight yesterday with my 30% off coupon for up to four items under $10. Bought a pipe wrench and some batteries, got my discount. I now have a stock of all kinds of batteries from AAA to 9V, and now I'm finding that I have at least five things that use a CR2032 coin battery and Harbor Freight has them at a good price. I can go back today and get four more items with the same coupon but I'm not sure why. Somehow, buying something just because it's on sale doesn't make good sense. I have some tools in their original packages that I bought many years ago just because I thought I could use them someday. Nope

Take care, have a great day and prayers for those in need...

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 07-13-2022

Greetings, gang.

Sunny and 62 with moderate humidity. High in the mid 80s. Someone dropped some bread crumbs as the humidity is supposed to find its way back starting tomorrow.

Quiet day yesterday. Off to Menards and the grocery store this morning.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - tompm - 07-13-2022

Good morning folks

It is Partly Cloudy 81 going up to 89. The big storms last night went around us, some to the north but most to the south.

Yesterday was crazy as we had an nscheduled concrete pour on the job. It was for a leveling pad for a cofferdam. Problemwas the contractor did not have approavl to move forward with the pour and we shut him down after the third truck. After several hours of back and forth between the contractor, his designer, the project designer, and the Philadelphia Water Department it was finally decided since the concrete is temporary they could proceed. Only problem was the eighth and last truck was late. He was supposed to arrive at 1:40 but got here at 2:45. The truck has 90 minutes to get from the plant to the job site. He made it with 6 mintues to spare. As a result I did get some overtime.

Since I was tired I got nothing done in the evening. Since not much happening on the job here is hoping to get something done tonight.

I hope everybody has a good day.