The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=9237)

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Charlie B - 08-25-2022

Good morning everyone.
         I am saying special prayers for your grand daughter Tom, Praying for a missed diagnosis and something very minor with an easy treatment. 

There is nothing more important to be said.
Charlie

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 08-25-2022

Good morning all,

Tom, you and your granddaughter are indeed in our prayers. Let's hope the outcome of any tests show otherwise.

Tompm, thanks, I saw the surgeon yesterday and he says my symptoms are typical of those that had this surgery, just that they are lasting longer than normal. I get another CT scan next week to see if I might need some touch up work. Meanwhile, I'm OK for more activity.

Jim, I did your vinegar thing, and after two years, the coffee even tastes better, thanks... I told a friend and he's going to do likewise with his coffeemaker.

Still going to take it easy today, no rain for a few days, as usual, late afternoon t'storms forecast for today. Temps right at 100. Have a friend and his wife that is driving across country in their RV, he's halfway back and says he cannot escape the rain, heat and humidity.

Take care everyone, have a great day and stay safe....

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 08-25-2022

Hello Blue
Sun and 80s today, chance of some storms later.
Took a ride to Lowes and Home Depot. There is one place that they are only a parking lot apart. Good for price shopping.
Got a new disposal, Lowes matched the H.D. price so we didn't have to go back.
Gas is still sitting at $3.89.
S.J.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 08-26-2022

Good morning everyone, another weekend is upon us. No rain three days in a row and now chances have dropped to below 10% for the next week or so and temp coming back up, pushing 110 by Wednesday. Oh joy!!!

No change in gas pricing, Costco still $3.69, others up to $3.99.

Home Depot and Lowe's are across the street from each other here in Surprise, but really not walking distance since Lowe's is at the far end of their shopping center. Both give vets discounts but you need the "app" at HD and it hardly ever works in the store. Clerks say, "poor store wi-fi", and just ring up the discount anyway... Lowe's used to give a discount on everything, but not anymore. Neither gives discounts on lumber. Just checked HD lumber pricing, a 2"x4"x8' stud is $4.75 and a 3/4" sheet of plywood is $61.15, red oak is almost $100 a sheet and there are limits so you're not going there to buy enough to build a house. Nope I imagine most construction sites now days have armed guards 24/7. I remember back in the 60's we were having a house built and the builder was wondering why he didn't have enough plywood. Turns out the guy across the street was adding a room to his house...

Enough for now, Tom, I hope your granddaughter is doing better, keep up posted please. Everyone, have a great day.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - tompm - 08-26-2022

Good morning folks

It is 81 heading up to 88. Feels like the humidity is creeping back in.

As I predicated not much got done after I got home from therapy last night.

I am hoping for a productive weekend. If the storms hold off we have gardening to do such as trimming the weeping cherry tree and replanting a few plants. I have weeding to do. Inside the house are the usual weekend tings such as cleaning the floors and that neverending laundry.

I still have a bunch of rolling stock to tuneup and a couple of new locos to test.

I hope everybody has a good day.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Charlie B - 08-26-2022

Good morning all. 
        We have thunderstorms in the forecast as I continue work on the RV. I have the seats repaired and reinstalled. The additional bearings in the swivels made a big difference and now I can also raise the seat if I need to have a shorter driver. 

I rediscovered why I don't like Teflon tape for pipe joints. I installed a new water separator on my compressor and of the 10 fittings 10 of them leaked Icon_redface so I had to take everything apart and use pipe dope. No leaks  2285_ now. 

Continuing prayers for Toms Grand daughter and Sure wishing Tom in Pennsylvania a good week end and pain relief there. Don, you too have my prayers for a continued and complete recovery.  I think we should all pray for everyone. I think the world is going through a very stressful time. Better days are coming, we can be sure of that. 

Cheers for the week-end
         Charlie

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 08-27-2022

Greetings, gang.

Thank you all for your prayers. I will let you know more as I know more.

Cloudy and 71 at the moment with cloudy, a 30% chance of rain today and a high near 80. 70% chance of much needed rain tonight.

I did manage a bike ride yesterday but that stupid antibiotic from my ear surgery still has my intestinal ecology in some disarray. Later this morning I'll be headed out to the first football game for the great-grandkids. Some kind of tournament that starts at 11 and runs until about 3 or 3:30. Then when I get home I'll watch my first college football game on tape delay (although there is no actual tape harmed in the process). Tomorrow morning F1 racing resumes after the August break.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 08-27-2022

Good morning all, another weekend and the last few days of August are upon us. Hard to think about it, but yeah, college football is back and NFL football isn't that far behind. Starting to see ads for the Fall season TV shows. Not long before the big box stores pull out their holiday decorations. I understand, like a lot of things, turkeys are going to be in short supply, meaning no more bargains.

We will be well into the triple-digits for the next few weeks, a possibility of 110 on Tuesday and Wednesday. College football games are usually played in the evening here unless they're scheduled to be on TV. Think about it, next Saturday, it's still expected to be over 100 at 7:00 PM.

Shocked to see Costco and Sam's Club raising gas prices, now $3.74, many other stations at $4.29. Looked over around Los Angeles and saw one station there at $5.99. Location, location, location... gouge, gouge, gouge... I have been thinking about taking out a student loan to help me pay for gas.

Still a lot of abdominal discomfort, get a Ct scan on Monday to tell the surgeon if he needs to do anything. Would like to be working on my log cabin, but don't feel comfortable sitting for any length of time. Thank you all for your prayers and concerns.

Ya all have a great weekend.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 08-27-2022

Hello Blue
Sun 66/81 for today.
Sam's and Cosco might have raised their price to slow down sales. The Sam's gas by us is always filled with cars. 
Our last trip out gas at the corner stations was still hanging @ $3.89.
I love college football, well at least with the teams I like. If none are playing, I'm not watching. 
At least you guys don't have to suffer watching the pitiful Detroit Lions. I'm usually napping before halftime.
S.J.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 08-28-2022

Good morning good people, Fall is but a few weeks away and we're still in for a hot and dry week. There was a good storm last night just west of the 303 freeway, about three miles away, I should see some specks on my windshield. This week looks like it's going to be busy starting tomorrow. Not sure about today, rested all day yesterday and feeling just a bit better this morning still need more rest I think. CT scan tomorrow will tell if I need anymore work.

Got to watch the first college game of the season yesterday, It's refreshing that they celebrate a touchdown or a good play with a pat on the back or a hug off the field. No dance routines, no running around like a chicken, just good football and good sportsmanship.

You may be right SJ, I fill up at Costco early because when the store opens, the gas lines are long. Our Costco has six pumps at each island so there is a lot of throughput. Sam's Club is usually not that busy and there are fewer pumps.

I hope everyone has a great week, prays for Tom's granddaughter, Tompm and wife, and anyone else here in need. I talked to Woodone the other day, he's been though some serious medical issues as well, so include him in your prayers if you would. We all agree on one thing, getting old is not for the faint of heart.. Nope

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 08-28-2022

Greetings, gang.

Clearing and 71 headed of sunny and 87 with 20 mph winds. Got over 2.5 inches of rain overnight.

Long day sitting and watching kids football. Got home and watched Nebraska go down in flames - again. Looks like it's gonna be a long season again. Right now there is a rather boring F1 race playing in the background. I may go for a bike ride a little later on. Otherwise not much planned for today.

Gas price down to $3.49

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 08-29-2022

Greetings, gang.

Clear and 68 with a guessed at high in the low to mid 80s. There's a slight chance of rain later this morning.

Yesterday was pretty boring. F1 race which I normally follow quite closely was simply on in the background whilst I did other stuff. In the afternoon I took a short bike ride to see if the local automated speeding ticket dispenser was really where the cops said it was. It wasn't. I'll be writing them another e-mail this morning to see where it is. Otherwise not much on the agenda for today.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 08-29-2022

Good morning everyone, down to the last few days of August, one week until Labor Day. Not sure if there are any big deal celebrations, maybe somewhere on the beaches where they can cool down a bit. For us, 106 today, pushing 110 tomorrow and around 105 on Labor Day. No rain in sight, just heat and high humidity (35%) to make going outside miserable and even worse when the A/C power bill shows up. Lots and lots of houses now have solar. "save hundreds on your power bill" they say. Yup, and all but about ten bucks of that goes to the solar company to pay them for the panels. In Surprise, there's an ordinance making it illegal to solicit if you have a "no soliciting" sign on your house. I have one up and still get guys, "oh, we're not selling anything, I'm here to save you money". I guess the solar companies don't know the definition of "soliciting".

No changes in gas prices, filled up at Costco yesterday, got a busy week ahead starting early this morning.

Spent some time yesterday working on my logs. No success in getting decent notches on the ends. The wood is spitting when I trim the ends, even using a diamond cutoff wheel or a shop knife, and they're too soft to get consistent notches. I've got several shapes of cutting bits and some small files that might work. Hey, it keeps me off the streets and occupied doing something I like to do. Looks like I'm in need of a few more jigs to hold things steady.

Take care and have a great week... Icon_e_biggrin

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - tompm - 08-29-2022

Good morning folks

It is 75 with 99% humidity. Going up to 89.

I had a fairly productive weekend. We got several plants transferred into new pots. Got some weeding done. I had to fix the cover on the pergola on the front patio. Several of the pieces that hold the cover in place had come loose and had to be put back in place. Even got some of that pesky laundry done. I still did not get to the weeping cherry tree trimming.

I started doing some further organization of my rolling stock. I currently have things stored by board categories such as reefer, boxcars, open hoppers, etc. I am now organizing things into more narrow categories. For example I stored all my Tropicana reefers in one bin. I will do the same with express reefers, wood reefers, etc. I fixed a couple pieces of rolling stock. One need a new brake wheel, another needed new trucks.

Maybe today I will trim that weeping cherry tree.

I want to continue reorganizing the rolling stock. Also tune up some of the rolling stock sitting on the layout.

I hope everybody has a good day,

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 08-29-2022

Hello Blue
Cloudy, 80s, some rain expected today.
Got a haircut this morning. Always think of Da Chief as we would debate which of us had the most hair to cut. I figure at my age I'm lucky to still need haircuts.
Corner station, gas was still @ $3.89.
S.J.