The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=9237)

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 01-27-2021

Greetings, gang.

High thin clouds are over the moon as it sets. The sun will be rising shortly to similar conditions. 8 at the moment headed for 20 this afternoon. Official report says we got 10 inches of snow yesterday.

Ran the snow blower about 4 times yesterday. Need to run it again this morning after the snow plow went through again, blocking the end of the driveway. Also got my new mp3 player stocked and ready for the gym. When ordering it I was surprised to find that mp3 players can be pricey. I saw one listed for $1500! Gym later this morning and a trip to the gas station for more gas for the snow blower. Other activities to be determined.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - tompm - 01-27-2021

Good morning folks,

It is 35 heading to 38. Looks like today is going to be the warmest day for the week. We could even have some of that white stuff over the weekend.

I finally got the last of the Christmas stuff into the attic. I still have to organize some of it and put it in the storage part of the attic.

I got the lumber I need at Home Depot last evening. Today I hope to start cutting and setting it in place.

Have to make a grocery store run to get the things I forgot yesterday.

I hope everybody has a good day.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 01-27-2021

48, cloudy and messy.  Guessers say snow late tonight early AM.  Maybe an inch [with temps this high?].  Doom and gloom guessers.  Try to cause excitement.  Had to go to Lisa's to meet with developer about them messing up her yard.  Her and the kids are quarantined.  Daughter sick but not hospitalized. Now frig repairman coming to see what he needs to order for icemaker repair.  A new icemaker, stupid.  Under warranty.

Scheduled to get my vaccine shot tomorrow.

Have a good one.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 01-28-2021

Good morning all. Got my shot yesterday, A little over a half-hour drive, went through three checkpoints before getting the shot, then had to wait fifteen minutes before leaving. Was in and out in around 20 minutes, very well organized there. There must have been 100 people there with yellow jackets, directing traffic, checking names, giving shots and some just hanging around waiting for something.... There are those (the tinfoil had folks) that believe these shots contain a micro-chip so the government can track you, rumors like that abound on the Net, but in fact, they do ask everyone to sign up for what they are calling, "V-safe", where the government contacts you daily for a while to see how you're doing after your shots. I can see now how these rumors start, but I'm not signing up and I don't have to. I just don't want to have to answer a text message at 2:00 every afternoon for a few weeks, then occasionally for the next six months. If I have any issues, I'll call someone.

We did get some snow at the north end of the valley. They said 4" in North Scottsdale. All the mountains to the north and east of us are covered in snow, always something to see. I'm sure the snow in Scottsdale is gone by now, but those hills will look that way for a while yet.

My layout is far from finished, yet I'm reworking the area where I put in a parking garage. It just didn't look right and took up too much room, so it's gone. Not sure what I'll put in there, just waiting for my Wather's order to show up. It's been a week now and it's still being, "picked". If they'd let me, I'm sure I could find those four items a lot quicker than whoever is doing the picking. Waiting

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 01-28-2021

Greetings, gang.

Clear and 1 outside my window this morning.. High for today is predicted to be a partly sunny 24.

Fairly quiet day yesterday. Trip to the gym was uneventful. New mp3 player works well. Not much going on again today. Swimming day at the gym followed by...???

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 01-28-2021

34 degrees and sunny.  Woke up at 8:15.  Got up to the blizzard. 

[Image: enhance]

Wifey got up at 3:30 to watch it snow. Eek  Children!  I woke up at 3:15 and looked out.  Was snow hard and big flakes.  Was pretty.  I got back in bed and went back to sleep. 

Crazy TV folks.  Found 2 18 wheelers on I 95 east of us off the road.  Big reporting.  along with one tree fell in Raleigh [reporter and camera there reporting constantly].  These folks need something to report.  Its funny

Get my shot later today [12:50].

Hope all stay warm and well. 

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - tompm - 01-28-2021

Good morning folks,

It is a cold 24 this morning. High is supposed to be 31. The next week or so is supposed to be the coldest spell we have had this season. There are rumors of a big storm coming for the weekend.

Yesterday was a blah day. I did feel well with a lot of aches and pains. My left knee was really hurting which meant I could not get comfortable. I spent a good portion of the day trying to figure out if standing or sitting hurt less. Today feeling much better. I actually have some energy. I may try to tackle a few things on the layout.

I did test the lumber for the layout, and it looks like it will work. I want to run trains a couple of more times before I rip up the track.

I have to move some stuff in our master bathroom. Plumber is coming to tomorrow to install a new vanity, sink, and faucet. Our sink has a couple of cracks. It is not leaking yet but it is only a matter of time. The faucet has some corrosion on it, so it is time for it to go.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 01-28-2021

38 and strong wind. Got the shot. Easy and very efficient. Feel fine. Stopped and got hotdogs from Cookout. Then left Caddy [again for the same thing] and got loaner.

Now home. Goof off. Feel better about going back out into the neighborhoods in the county between R'ville, Zebulon, Wendell and K'dale. NCSU Extension and County wants me to help with a survey about lack of transportation in that area [got call last night]. Will be knocking on same doors I feed during March thru Sept. They realize the folks know me and trust me.

Later.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Carolina Northern - 01-28-2021

Frank,

Glad it was easy. My wife and I have appointments at the same place next Wed. Hope there's still vaccine by then, the way the allotments are going. Heard Wake may be shorted again next week to allow for the mass event in Charlotte.

don

(01-28-2021, 05:34 PM)Carolina Northern Wrote: Frank,

Glad it was easy. My wife and I have appointments at the same place next Wed. Hope there's still vaccine by then, the way the allotments are going. Heard Wake may be shorted again next week to allow for the mass event in Charlotte.

don

Yes, DR. Cohen needs to learn how to plan and distribute.  She has done a poor job.  I think they have the doses or they wouldn't have scheduled.  That same facility was messing up Wake Co.'s allocation. [per a County official] Holding too many.   

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 01-29-2021

Good morning, and welcome to Big Blue, Carolina Northern, seems like getting a vaccine shot anywhere is a problem. Not only that, there's so many rumors floating around you don't know what's true and what's just Internet garbage. Do they have enough vaccine to continue? Don't know, some folks are having problems getting an appointment time, I got one and went the next day and have my second shot already scheduled. The news showed a man that had a printout of his appointment but didn't have an appointment ID or a QR code, they turned him away. Apparently, some trolls are giving out appointments as a joke, just to entertain themselves, scammers are doing it if you pay them, neither are legitimate, both are dangerous.

Got up this morning, Alexa said she couldn't turn on the lights because she had no connection to the Internet.  I do have Internet, just no WiFi, just need to kick-start my router...again. It's old and should be replaced, but then, I have so many devices connected by WiFi, everything from light switches to TV sets, that it will take hours to get back to normal. My son says, "welcome to the 21st century", I say, "I had more fun back in the 20th, take me back to the 50's and 60's".... please.... Icon_cry

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 01-29-2021

Welcome to Carolina Northern Don. Stop by any time but you may want to bring your own cup for the coffee!

Greetings. gang.

20 going to 30 today. Rain, freezing rain, sleet, and snow for tomorrow and tomorrow night.

Yesterday was routine. Half mile swim and 2 mile walk at the gym. Got a letter in the mail from my son's bank about why he's using a forwarded address. I called and explained it to them. Very sympathetic and promised to work with me when I get the affidavit which should be next week.

Not much on the agenda for today other that a trip to the gym. Gas price here jumped 15 cents yesterday. Up to $2.35 now.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - tompm - 01-29-2021

Good morning folks,

It is downright cold and raw. Temperature is a 20 but what is making it bone chilling is the wind of 20 to 25 mph with gusts up to 45 mph. Our high will be 26. They say this is the coldest day since 2019. Looks like we are getting an old fashion Nor’easter starting Sunday night through Tuesday. Supposed to bring a good old mix of snow, ice, and rain. Some of the weather soothsayers are calling for 6 inches.

I did some prep wok on the new vanity for our master bathroom. I have to move some stuff out of the room. The plumber is scheduled for after 12 today to install it.

I ran some trains last night. It was most likely the last revenue train aka freight train. You can see video of it here https://youtu.be/x9MW7usuKe0

There are rumors of a special last train floating around that will happen not long before the tracks are placed out of service in a few days.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 01-29-2021

30 degrees and sunny. High today is guessed at 38. Mom use to say, "The snow is staying around for more." Guessed wintery mix coming. NC usually has snow and within 24, all gone. Today is The Box work day. 

Cooked 3 egg ham, cheese and onion omelet. No peppers to chop and put in.

Today Show featured a principal of North Charleston SC High. Works night shift stocking at Walmart. Gives all his salary back to the kids. Been doing it for some time. Over 90% of his students are living BELOW the poverty level. Store manager did not know he was a principal.  Walmart donated 50K to the high school. Maybe some of the rich folks in Charleston proper will help.

Later

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Carolina Northern - 01-29-2021

Thanks for the welcomes, I'll post something in the introduction area when I have some time.
I've been lurking here for better than a year and registered last summer. Just haven't had much to talk about. After some of the forums I've been on, I'm slow to start, wanting to make sure that it's somewhere I'd like to be part of.
Long time model railroader in Raleigh, probably have seen Frank at a train show or TCA show, just didn't know who he was. I have a lot of folks I know only at train shows.

Don