The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=9237)

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 09-17-2022

Greetings, gang.

I awoke this morning to thunder, lightning, and light rain. The show is all over now, leaving behind about a quarter inch of rain. Clearing later with a high around 80.

Phone and internet were up and down all day yesterday. Everything looks stable this morning but it looked that way yesterday also. We shall see. This morning is college football at 11 followed by maybe mowing this afternoon or maybe another acorn roundup.

Al the local gas stations now have the memo and everyone is in lockstep again at $3.59.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 09-17-2022

Good morning folks, aah, good old Saturday, forced myself to sleep in again. Icon_lol 

Weather report, back up into the triple-digits for a few days. Best chance of rain now moved to Wednesday, but the forecasts are grossly different. Waiting 

Wow, BIG change in gas prices, some stations down as much as two-cents.... $.3.97 Icon_rolleyes Folks in Tucson paying as low as $3.08. Nope, not worth the trip.

Should be able to watch a bit of football this weekend in between a few chores. Got some weeds out in the front yard, no enough to call a lawn guy so I go out every morning and pluck a few. Problem is that they propagate faster than I can pluck.... The backyard, I don't care, some weeds there are higher than the wall, but the HOA doesn't look in backyards. I know they've been issuing citations lots of yard service trucks all over the neighborhood.

Take care and enjoy the weekend....

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 09-18-2022

Greetings, gang.

Partly cloudy and 67 outside my window this morning. Supposed to get to around 80 again.

Got the laundry caught up yesterday morning and sat down at 11 to watch football. Gave that up by halftime as my team was getting severely beaten. Went outside and had another acorn roundup. Only about 40 lbs this time. Disposed of those, got my shower, and I was done for the day. Nothing going on here this morning. Mid afternoon will find me headed out for great-grandkids' football.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 09-18-2022

Good morning everyone, doing some chores yesterday got me a late start with football. By the time I looked, most games were a blowout. Did watch Notre Dame squeak by.  And yeah Tom, I did watch the Nebraska game for a while..... Arizona State got beat last night by Michigan. No, not "Michigan" or "Michigan State", but, "Eastern Michigan". Well, here goes another coach, fired with millions in severance pay.

Well, hurry on down, today is "National Cheeseburger Day", some folks are giving away burgers providing you have registered and ordered using their app... I'm getting sick of, "use our app to get free stuff", usually free delivery at inflated prices or some free sugar-laced drink that is no good to you if you're a diabetic.

Not much change in gas prices, still pennies away from $4.00. Seems like the Phoenix area is leading to country in inflation. "The Consumer Price Index around the Valley rose at a sizzling 13% pace over the 12 months through August, compared to U.S. inflation of 8.3%" says the local newspaper. They are blaming it on our population growth, which hasn't been an issue before now. Got to remember, election mid-terms are coming up in November.

Have a great day today whatever you choose to do, but have fun...

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 09-19-2022

Greetings, gang.

Sunny, light fog, and 57 in the corn and bean fields of northern Iowa. High for today in the mid 80s.

Yesterday's high was 83 but it felt much warmer that that while sitting at the football game yesterday. The stands faced west and there was no breeze to speak of. After about 10 minutes if sitting there I went back to the car and put sun screen on. The game was supposed to start at 2:45. Didn't start until 3:15, Then each game had an extra 8 minute period so the players who didn't get to play during the game could play. Not sure why the coaches couldn't cycle the players through during the game but it wasn't my decision. So far the only item on the agenda for today is to mow the yard. That may change as the day progresses.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 09-19-2022

Good morning everyone, today is National Butterscotch Pudding Day, unfortunately, I had mine a day early, I wish they'd tell me beforehand.

It hit triple digits yesterday, same for today. Suppose to be in the mid-80's by Wednesday and a good chance of rain. How good?, well depends on which forecast you're looking at, but one says 88%, that's good....

Watched some football yesterday, Tampa Bay and Pittsburgh got really physical for a while, I wonder what the satisfaction is in beating on a guy wearing padding, a helmet and facemask, and you get ejected from the game when you do? The Arizona State football coach quit after Saturday's game. I wonder how many millions he'll get as a parting gift....

Nothing else to report of any significance. Just going to do what I can when I can. Gotta make a Costco run sometime this week. My card expires and I'll need to update if I want to buy gas. Right now, Costco and Sam's Club are no bargain, only a penny less than most other stations, so I guess there's no rush. To be sure, I passed Costco yesterday and there were no lines at the gas pumps.

Take care, enjoy the week and stay safe...

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - tompm - 09-19-2022

Good late afternoon folks

Checking in late. Wife had her surgery today. We had to be at Paoli Hospital (just down the road from the Paoli Station on the former PRR Main Line now Amtrak) at 5:45 AM. Everything went well and we were home by noon time. We will get the results of the biopsy by the end of the week.

For the weekend, I got some gardening done just not what I planned. The tree over the carport had some low handing branches which I removed. I weeded the small lily garden along the fence, and cleaned up the carport. We got gas for my car ($3.73 PA price) and took it to the car wash. We drove my wife's car down to Delaware to get gas since Delaware is about 30 to 40 cents cheaper than Pennsylvania and paid $3.41.

For trains I reorganized my pile of new arrivals. Thanks to Bowser have a bunch of stuff I preordered many moons ago arrived I had to find space. I tuned up four Bev-Bel/Roundhouse 50 FT Express reefers. I added metal wheels and extra weight to bring them up to NMRA recommended weight. When I built them I installed Kadee couplers. I have two more Roundhouse express reefers sitting out needing the same treatment. After that there is a gaggle of other reefers, boxcars, tank cars, and gondolas to tune up. Maybe I will get some done tonight.

Tomorrow I am scheduled for an MRI of my neck, shoulder, and lower back.

I hope everybody has a good day.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - jim currie - 09-19-2022

hi all. Monday again, jeese where do the time go don't seem to get much done still cleaning out the rental woman left most all of her stuff when she moved back to the north after being there for 9 years, have enough canned goods to last till the rapture besides giving 4 boxes to someone from Mexico to share down there, as far as modeling i have only worked a bit on the laser cut caboose.

stay safe and if possible, coo; and dry.
Jim

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 09-19-2022

Dayle got me out of bed about 5:00 to watch the Queen's funeral. We stopped watching about noon or 1:00.

Had a note from a penfriend that one of her grandsons was in Westminster as a voluntary Special Police Constable.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 09-20-2022

Greetings, gang.

Clear and 71 outside my window this morning. High for today is supposed to be 95, tomorrow 70, and by Friday upper 50s. Going downhill fast.

Got the yard mowed yesterday and cut down the peonies. This morning I'll gather some more acorns and haul everything off to the yard waste disposal site. Also need to call a buddy in Nebraska to confirm my reservation for the train show next month. Only other project for today is to pay a couple of bills.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 09-20-2022

Good morning good people, got hot yesterday, 104, today we're somewhere in the mid to low 90's. Could rain today, but thunderstorms are likely tomorrow and Thursday. As for gas prices, most stations down two or three cents, Costco $3.94, most others $3.97 except that station up on I-17 must be pumping gold at $4.69. Just looked at the Los Angeles area, they're around $5.00. One has to wonder, this is the area that has all the storage and refineries and pipes gas to Tucson where gas is two dollars cheaper than in LA. Doesn't make sense. Nope

Tom, glad everything went well with your wife's surgery.

Went to Walmart yesterday to pick up some weed spray, the garden section is now filled with Christmas decorations. Went outside looking for the spray and there were all their Christmas trees set up.  Sheeze, according to my calendar, Christmas is still over three months away. Uh, maybe they didn't take this stuff down last year, could be... Waiting  And no, I did not get my weed spray. Maybe stop by Home Depot today....

Everyone have a pleasant and safe day today...

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 09-20-2022

Hello Blue
80 for today, 85 and storms for Wednesday. Windows open, A/C off.
Saturday was college football. Sunday, we went to an outdoor flea market in a small town surrounded by farms. After, we stopped and got some farm fresh corn and some maters for canning. They are already in the jars. My wife does them I wouldn't know where to start. I do pour the maters in the jars though. With supervision of course. Lowest gas price I saw was $3.75.
S.J.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 09-21-2022

Greetings, gang.

Clear and cool this morning. 64 right now but the high is only supposed to be around 70, quite a change form yesterday's high of 96. 64 tomorrow and 58 on Friday. Temperature bounces back for Saturday with a high of 77.

I got the acorns cleaned up yesterday and was all set to take them to the yard waste site along with some other stuff when the neighbor wandered down and offered to take everything as he was going there anyway. Yeah hard to find a better neighborhood. Called my doctor (actually an ARNP) for an appointment. The receptionist asked if I could be there in 10 minutes as they had a last minute cancellation. Her office is a half hour away. I told her one of the kids had the jet this week. Also got my room reservation confirmed for the train show next month. Need to do some grocery shopping this morning. Woke up at 3:30 again this morning and couldn't go back to sleep. Gonna be a long day.

Gas price jumper to $3.69 after having dropped to $3.45 over the weekend.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - tompm - 09-21-2022

Good morning folks

It is 60. Going up to 81.

Yesterday was a rough one. For some reason my wife had a great deal of pain and stiffness. No pain or bleeding in the area of the surgery. Her mobility was extremely limited and I had to take an extra day off from work. To make matters worse there was a building fire nearby last night and the wood burning smell and smoke set of her asthma. It took three treatments with the nebulizer to get things calmed down. By bedtime she was doing alot better and was doing okay when I left for work this morning. Luckily the job is less than a half hour away and the contractor is not doing anything critical. They are in the middle of removing 1600 CY of rock which is a very slow process. On the good side the biopsy came back negative, no signs of cancer, or precancerous cells.

As can be expected I did not get any modeling done. I hope to get back to tuning up cars tonight.

I hope everybody has a good day.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 09-21-2022

Good morning all, you have good neighbors Tom, I've been here five years now and don't even know their names.

It did rain a bit yesterday, today some forecasts show rain chances all day, all of them say especially tonight. we'll see...

Tomorrow is the Fall Equinox, I wonder, if they measure the rotation of the earth to withing a microsecond, how come the first day of Fall can be anywhere from September 20 to the 24th.?

My shooting buddy made it back from his cross-country trip, it's getting cool enough we may go target shooting in a few days.

Flatt Bear Today says what I think about technology. I tried to reactivate a lamp that Alexa wouldn't respond to the other day. Hours later, with three forgotten passwords and verification keys, and switching between my PC and cell phone, I got the job done. Technology is suppose to make life easier.

Have a great day today, I've got a open day so I might get some more done on my log cabin.