The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=9237)

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 01-29-2021

Hello Blue
I almost lost ya or you me. Had to get a new laptop. Long time here, had to do some searching to find you.
S.J.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 01-30-2021

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 28 in the remote reaches of northern Iowa this morning. The high is supposed to be in the low 30s with rain, freezing rain, sleet, and snow. Looks to be pretty nasty for the next 24 hours or so.

Not much happened around here yesterday. Trip to the gym was routine. Today is the ever popular laundry day along with some housekeeping such as vacuuming and dusting. Started watching the first Star Wars movie last night. The special effects, while quite good at the time (70s) pale in comparison to today's capabilities. Still a fun movie to watch.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 01-30-2021

Good morning all, Saturday and I got in an extra hour before getting up. Cold and damp, we've gotten an inch or so of rain so far this week. It was suppose to rain today, but they're not so sure now.

SJ, glad you didn't lose us, just search for "Big Blue". Remember how we got the name? Way back, we, as a group, were called, "the Gauge", and whoever did the site work chose blue as a background color. From the get-go, we were always referred to as, "Big Blue". We lost all that when we were merged with other forums, got a new name and eventually was sold. That's when we decided to go it alone as the "Gauge.net", and revived our blue colors. At one point, we had to change servers and update our software, so Mikey and myself decided we had the nickname, "Big Blue", why not change the forum's name accordingly, and we've been this way now for over eleven years. Just a bit of history folks..... Just for the sake of knowing, we resist all efforts to sell, merge, take ads or have sponsors. We support ourselves from donations, auctions and if need be, out-of-pocket. We just renewed our server space for another two years, and need to renew our domain name in a few months, so if you feel you can donate, anytime is a good time to do just that, do not feel obligated, just saying.....

Got my WiFi working again yesterday, now I'm still trying to get a few of my smart plugs to work. They didn't, then they did, now they don't.. Icon_cry

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 01-30-2021

Warmed to 34.  Off to get Caddy from dealer.  If not fixed this time, GM says replace radio [screen and all].  Should have been done earlier as 5th time in.  Get free loaner.  Just the trip to Raleigh.  Incorporate errands with it.  Then finish painting shelves for Wifey's work.  Owner wanted me to do. 

Stay warm and well.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 01-30-2021

Sun but stuck in the 20s today. Snow expected tonight and tomorrow morning.
It took me about 10 minutes to find "Blue" I tried the gauge, zealot, couldn't remember the correct name for here. I was still able to sign into the Z. 
My 2 year old HP laptop took a dump and when it was opened it was full of small plastic parts that had just crumbled into plastic China rot.
This one is a Lenovo, I never heard of it but have been told they are ok.
Anyway I'm happy to still be with you.
S.J.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 01-30-2021

SJ
Mine is a Lenovo. When we needed a new PC a few years ago, the Village computer guru approved it from what was on special at Staples. But we had to get the new Windows as well.

I'm all right on here, but I can't log in on the iPad for some reason.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 01-31-2021

Good morning all, chilly all day yesterday, could get into the 70's for the next few days, then a drop with a chance of rain later in the week. Lots of snow up what we refer to as the "High Country", closing some roads, but you can make it up to the skiing areas if you really want to. It must be fun, otherwise why would anyone travel hours to go to a place they'll be freezing their butts off just to risk tumbling down a hill while sliding on some wooden slats? Eek

SJ, I've got a Lenovo too. The company goes way back when IBM, the inventor of the PC, wanted out of that market and sold the division to Lenovo. I bought mine to replace a Dell that I'd take with me when we traveled, that one was about three times a thick and four times as heavy and had Win XP installed and was probably 10 years old. I've not had the opportunity to go anywhere for a long time now, so it sits mostly in it's case, just longing to take a trip somewhere, anywhere, just not up to the high country right now. Nope

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 01-31-2021

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 28 right now headed for more clouds and 29. A thin coating of ice is the only effect of the storm yesterday. Need to get out an put down some ice melt. Eastern Iowa got up to 6 inches of snow.

All chores accomplished in a timely fashion yesterday which leaves me with not much to do today. Write out a couple of bills and try ti organize the paperwork related to my son.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 01-31-2021

Rainy and cold [33] morning. Slept till 9. Sausage biscuit and sweet roll. SisterIL calling. Bet it, "Lets go somewhere." 

TV Church.

TV folks disappointed no freezing stuff around here. They are running around the VA border looking. Now all they need is for a tree to fall in Raleigh and they will be happy.  Actually not a lot of news this AM.

SJ, Lenovo is made right here.  My desktop is Lenovo.  My laptop for the County is Lenovo.  No problems so far.  

Hope all are safe and well. 

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 01-31-2021

Hello Blue
It's 28 degrees and about 3 inches of new snow this morning.
It's good to read my new toy seems to be well known. Me for some reason never heard of it. I do like it. And I'm glad I found you fellers without too much trouble.
Everyone stay safe.
S.J.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 02-01-2021

Good morning good people, we're not too bad today, right now it's in the high 50's heading for the mid-70's. Starting to get back to shirtsleeve weather. Lots of snow up in the High Country, even Sedona and Prescott have some on the ground. I can still see snow on the Bradshaw mountains north of Phoenix and there is some on Four Peaks, to the east.

SJ, on the downside, my Lenovo laptop is a bit slow, it only has a Pentium processor, but on the upside, I was surprise it has a built-in camera and mic so I can  use it for video chats. It's adequate for my needs, especially since I bought it on sale.

We are a few weeks away from Spring Training, and they are still debating the season. They cut Spring Training short last year,  they announce a schedule a while back, but who knows what they're going to do and will it attract the number of people that normally come here to watch those games.... Will we still have a dozen or so folks standing outside the training fields with gloves on, waiting for a fly ball to come over the fences? This is tradition we're talking about, so we'll see.

They're opening a new vaccine spot today at the Phoenix municipal stadium, they say they are equipped to give up to 29,000 shots a day there, but only have enough vaccine for five hundred, yet there's some 100,000 doses not given out yet and more on its way.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 02-01-2021

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 24 going to cloudy and 28. Boring weather day to match my boring life.

Didn't do much yesterday. Put some ice melt down on the sidewalks. Otherwise watched movies and read. This morning will be swimming at the gym and this afternoon I need to make some phone calls.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 02-01-2021

35 and just stopped raining.  Got a Dr.'s appointment this afternoon.  

Hope all you folks in the snow keep power and stay safe.  Will not tease you today.

Later.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - jim currie - 02-01-2021

hi all . another dingy cloudy day here (god i hate winter ) been working on several projects  including the pile driver just about finished the Johnson house will post photos when done  , cold damp weather is playing hob with the arthurites . 
Jim

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - tompm - 02-01-2021

Good afternoon folks

It is 29 with a predicated high of 31. The sleet has finally turned back to snow. We started getting snow around 1 PM yesterday ad it fell steadily until around 9 PM. We then had a few hours of nothing. Around 2 AM the sleet started. They are saying it will snow until tomorrow morning. I am not sure how much fell officially but in our backyard we have about three to four inches of snow although the top inch or so is probably sleet. They say we could get another five to eleven inches before this is done.

I did not get much done this weekend. Storm prep and shopping took up much of the time. Since it is the end of the month it meant we had to do our regular heavy shopping. The situation was aggravated by the Bread and Milk Panic crowd. Also, on Saturday we had to wait for the plumber to finish installing the vanity, sink, and faucet in the master bathroom. As a result, we only made it to the pharmacy, PetSmart, and the drive thru dairy store. Sunday, I did the grocery store and the meat market shopping.

On the modeling front I did not get anything done on the layout. I did build a Bev-Bel/Athearn NYO&W coach and switch the couplers on a Bev-Bel/Athearn Reading coach.

Today is just waiting for the snow to end so I can start clearing the driveway and sidewalks. I am doing a few little chores and I hope to get to the basement and fiddle with the layout.

I hope everybody has a good day.