The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=9237)

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 11-18-2022

Good Friday morning all, counting down to Thanksgiving, less than a week away and they're still counting ballots. We may have a recount for governor and attorney general.

SJ, glad to hear that you're doing OK now, kidney stones, the scourge of mankind.

No change in the temps here, 70 +/- for a while, around 10 degrees below normal. Wouldn't be so bad except for the wind. When it's this cold you know it's snowing up north. Gas has dropped, some stations down to $3.99, a few still at $4.99 like the one about 5 miles up US60 from one at $3.99.

Busy day today, still need that shot in my back before I can do anything productive, that happens on Tuesday.

Ya all stay warm and safe now, get your shopping shoes out 'cause Black Friday is but a week away.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 11-18-2022

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy at the moment with a chance of flurries through tomorrow morning. 13 now headed for 19 later. About 15-20 degrees below normal. The low Sunday morning is supposed to be 5. Brrr!

Not much going on around here. Need to get to Menards and the bank today. Tomorrow is basketball for the great-grandkids in two different locations.

Gas price surprisingly dropped yet again yesterday. Down to $3.26

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 11-18-2022

Hello Blue
Woke up to our first snowfall that stuck in our area. Not much but it stayed on the pavement this time. Current temp is 30.
My only news this morning is that it's cold out.  LOL
S.J.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Charlie B - 11-18-2022

Good morning 
        Just reading my post from yester day that I did by voice. I thought about correcting it but I got a chuckle out of it so it shall stay. Voice recognition needs some improvement.  Icon_e_biggrin

I beat the snow but not by much. Traveling I90 west was clear and dry but the clouds were very threatening. Just before I reached the NY/PA state line the warning sign posted that I-90 was closed at the Ohio State Line.  I made Erie and I-79 south before the snow started falling and even with the heavier traffic on the road from the I-90 closing I only lost a little time when I ran into snow squalls. By the time I crossed the I80 area the sky was clear 

Border agents both ways were courteous and no delay in time.

It was good to spend a day with Ed and Wayne and I got to meet their friend Gord too. 

I haven't heard what Buffalo did get but I did get out in time. 
Charlie

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - TMo - 11-18-2022

Spent my Friday off running up to my mom's in the Lehigh Valley to remove the window between her downstairs kitchen and her rec room down there. Interior wall. Complete exterior window - no more. Replaced it with a couple sheetrock panels, screwed that into the adjacent studs, taped and mudded. My youngest brother's graciously offered to sand it tomorrow and hit it with a couple more coats of mud prior to having mom paint it before Thanksgiving.

And as usual, mom had a couple other odds and ends that needed attention. Bird had made a nest in her dryer exhaust by dismantling the louvers. Mom had bought a replacement cover, but it wasn't a 1-for-1 replacement. Got my engineering cap out and laid waste to what she bought and installed it over the old one - I think it's now birdproof. My middle brother and his wife had bought her some pendant lighting to hang over her island (which already had some can lighting over it. Left to me to figure out how to rework the lighting, wiring, and an updraft fan assembly that isn't wired to anything. As a result, I have a wordworking assignment to carry out (building a box to cover the lighting and fan and support the new pendants) before Thursday when I go back up there to eat turkey.

Took Caddy on the 2.5-hour trip up and back in the pickup. I could tell he was grateful to get out each time and stretch his paws. Snowing all the way from Kutztown to the PA border tonight and PennDOT trucks were waiting to throw salt at all of the exits. Winter is here.

Tomorrow's the last day of bachelorhood - I pick up the bride and my father-in-law early on Sunday. I may get some stone building done for Mud Run if I can knock this thing out for mom.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 11-19-2022

Good morning all, no new news, just like Bill Murry in "Groundhog Day", no change from yesterday. Cool, windy, high gas prices, still counting ballots, total confusion by the countees as to how many ballots are left to count. No hanging chad, but a few folks used blue ink and some used check marks instead of filling in the little oval like the instructions showed.

I do see where Buffalo got dumped on. Up in Flagstaff, the Snow Bowl opens this coming week. If there's not enough snow, they can now make it using machines. They use reclaimed water, fortunately it's filtered and all that so it no longer has a yellow glow to start with.

I hope everyone has a great weekend, and those that need them, have shovels ready. Our motto here is, "you don't need to shovel sunshine", and so we expect a caravan heading our way from Buffalo any day now...

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 11-19-2022

Greetings, gang.

Sunny but cold and windy at the moment.  24 with a wind chill of 12 and winds gusting to near 30 mph.  40 tomorrow.

Errands accomplished in a timely fashion yesterday and basketball this morning was lots of fun as usual.  During the game this afternoon I got the laundry done.  We lost (again).  This time only in the last 2 minutes when our defense came up a little short.  Going to the gym lately has been entertaining.  Lots of "clothing by Krylon" on display 2285_  along with other things. Eek

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 11-20-2022

Good morning everyone, not much to talk about, weather forecasts are a bit inconsistent but one uses the term, "Beautiful" for many of the days in their forecast, so I'll go with that. Just a bit windy, but tolerable.

Busy week, appointments every day up to Thanksgiving, but nothing on Friday. I mentioned that I wasn't going out on "Black Friday" and someone called me a "Grinch". I had to remind them that it was the residents of Whoville that were all about buying and spending and  lavish decorating contests, and it was the Grinch that put the spirit and meaning of Christmas back in the hearts of all the Whos in Whoville.

That's it for now, I may watch the games today in bed with a hot pack for company. Get my cortisone shot on Tuesday.

Be careful out there, millions of folks traveling this week, many may not know how to drive in snow, I'm one of them, just lucky I live where I do.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 11-20-2022

Greetings, gang.

Warming trend underway in the remote reaches of northern Iowa. 25 now after an overnight low of 7 that occurred around 1 AM. Supposed to get to 40 this afternoon but with 25 mph winds it won't feel all that warm.

I just finished watching a rather boring F1 race. Boring to the point that I woke myself up a couple of times because someone was snoring. My goodness they were loud! Today is pack and straighten up the house. Leaving for Houston in the morning for a week with my son and his family. I should be back by the following Tuesday. Participation here may be somewhat spotty for the next week.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 11-20-2022

Hello Blue
Just checking in.
Cold this morning. Was 18 when we got up. Some lite snow overnight. Hi for the day will be 26 for a couple of minutes. 40s next week though.
Gonna do some grocery shopping tomorrow. Gas is sitting at $3.89 most places.
S.J.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - TMo - 11-20-2022

Picked up the bride early this morning at the airport. They caught a redeye from LA after their short layover from Hawaii. I've been trying to be quiet this morning while she's been trying to get some sleep. Even with the first-class flights her dad paid for she's still worn out. Turns out she likes first class now after one experience (that's gonna hurt my pocketbook).

Got a woodworking project to do for mom prior to my arrival for Thanksgiving, so at some point today I have to fire up the table saw and sanders. Railroading's gonna have to take a back seat until I get that one finished.

Gas was $3.59 this morning here in MD. On the way back from the airport it was 34 oF. The dog and I took a jaunt through Rocks State Park this morning. Not much moving up there besides the tree branches which are now empty of leaves.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 11-21-2022

Greetings, gang.

25 now headed for the upper 30s here but where I should be this evening it will be in the 50s.

Headed for Texas in about an hour to visit my son and his family. Should be back next Tuesday. Participation here may be spotty over the next week.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 11-21-2022

Good morning all, another new week, filled with joy and excitement. Not sure why, other than for us in the US, Thanksgiving is just days away, the official start of the holiday season. I guess that's exciting and joyful enough. Watched some football yesterday but wasn't in the mood so I suppose I missed a couple of last minute wins when those teams were behind when I turned them off. Sheesh...

Tom, have a safe trip and have a good time, it's nice to be with family over the holiday. We will celebrate Thanksgiving on Saturday, my son's FIL will be coming down from Colorado which is fine because I've not seen him for a few years.

Temps in the mid to high 70's this week, next week a lot colder and a chance of rain meaning they're in for snow up in the high country. No plans on going up there anyway, but it does tend to make it a bit chilly and usually, windy here. It's not fair, we just got through a summer of temps well over normal, and here we are now with temps well below normal. I guess there is no normal anymore...

Enjoy the week everyone, stay safe and stay warm and do something you like to do today...

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - tompm - 11-21-2022

Good morning, folks

It was a darn cold 24 as I walked along the Schuylkill River this morning at the job site. Lots of ice all over the job site. Looks like one of the pumps failed over the weekend and more water than usual got into the excavation area. Predicated high is 41.

I had a busy and productive weekend around the house. Saturday, my daughter and I reorganized the garage and put away all the outdoor furniture. I still have the canvas roof to take off the backyard gazebo. We got the cabinet under the kitchen sink cleaned out and reorganized. There was a lot of “When was the last time we used this?” questions asked. Sunday was a recovery day. We changed the table clothes for Thanksgiving and did some laundry.

Unfortunately, due to the house chore productivity the modeling suffered. On Sunday I did get to run my new Bachmann Spectrum PRR K4 with four Broadway Limited PRSL P70 coaches. At first things we frustrating as the tender kept uncoupling from the coaches at one of my trouble spots. Checked the tender coupler and the coach coupler against the Kadee coupler gauge. The coach was correct but the tender coupler was a little low and was also an EZ-Mate coupler. Changed out the coupler with a Kadee #147 (whisker with a medium underset shank). Everything worked perfectly afterwards. Ran the train for a good hour and even got some video.

Today’s plan is to stay warm. I need to make a few trips out to the job site to see what the contractor is up to. We had a concrete pour on Friday, and another is planned for Wednesday. I need to make a pharmacy run on the way home.

I need to covert some couplers on some Bowser and Athearn RTR cars. Maybe if time allows build some Blue Box kits or Accurail kits.

I hope everybody has a good day.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 11-21-2022

Hello Blue
Sun and 44 this afternoon. The wind hasn't stopped blowing in a week.
Some grocery shopping and a haircut this morning.
I was surprised to see gas down to $3.69.
I too watched some football over the weekend. Got 3 wins out of four.
No train news.
S.J.