The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=9237)

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 12-10-2022

Cloudy 33 and 40s today.
A wee bit of snow last night. Some in the grass but pavement is clear and dry.
Gas was $2.99 on Thursday, I haven't been out since then.
A club meet tonight.
S.J.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - tompm - 12-10-2022

Good afternoon, folks

It is 38 going up to 42.

I have been down and out the last few days. I tested positive for COVID on Wednesday night. I am vaccinated and triple boosted so hopefully this will remain a mild case. I started Paxlovid Thursday. I have an occasional cough, and joint soreness. I had a fever of almost 101 Wednesday night, but it has been normal the last two days. I should test again tonight or tomorrow. Did I catch it on the cruise? Possible/probable. My wife, however, has not tested positive or have symptoms. She had COVID back in May.

I fixed the two BLI PRSL P70 coaches and their low coupler issues. On one I had to glue the body to the frame since the frame was riding low. On the second one I had to change the coupler. The original one was bent slightly.

At the moment I am feeling tired, so I am going to crash on the couch.

I hope everybody has a good day.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - jim currie - 12-10-2022

hi all. and a chilly good day woke up early and found ice on car window undressed and went back to bed. oldest boy brought me a passenger car that i can't find a maker it's a heavy cast resin car will post a photo later other boy brought me 4 old wood kits from the 50's or 60's and a tyco searchlight car  that's near mint the onlt thing  wrong with it is one of the coupler pin's is broke off.
Jim

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - TMo - 12-10-2022

Had a Tyco searchlight car as a kid. Seems to me it was light blue in color. Light picked up voltage off the rails. Also had their track cleaning car - that one was red.

I'm damp and a bit grumpy this afternoon. In another one of those examples of "No good deed shall go unpunished", I decided to clean up my workshop after the PSU/Illinois basketball game (highlight of the day as they got a road win over a ranked opponent). The shop was a disaster after too many projects done in a short period of time. I was making good progress and feeling pretty good when I moved a bucket of augur bits. When I put it down I caught the end of a 3/4" CPVC line coming off my well pump tank. Snapped the line at the pump output and water started spraying everywhere. Fortunately, the switch for the pump was right there on the wall and the sump pump was right there. Ran down to Home Depot to buy a length of pipe, two elbows, an adapter and a bushing and a ball valve. Humpty Dumpty's now back together again and I'm about to turn on the water to check my joints.

Got my shipment of additional Realistic Water and I'm almost ready to declare the water works done at Mud Run. Gonna add some water effects and do a bit more surface painting once things finish drying.

Cold and frosty this morning. Even the tree branches had a good coating of frost as the dog and I did a trip around Rocks State Park this morning. Sorted out everybody's stock gifts - my shopping is just about done (except for the wife). Temps have gone up quite a bit - pretty pleasant right now for mid-December. My son's itching to play golf tomorrow if he gets his clubs, but it's supposed to be showers with a high of 45 oF....

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 12-11-2022

Good morning on another new week, not that far from another new year, kinda scary how fast time goes. Yesterday was just another rubber stamp day here, temps and gas prices held steady, still no rain. We're going target shooting tomorrow, good chance of rain, but we're going anyway. I need to see if my new gun has been fixed. I sent it to Mossberg about a month ago, they paid for overnight shipping both ways, and had my gun repaired and back to me in less than a week. A lot of companies can learn something from that kind of customer service.

I spent some time yesterday designing a stock for that gun. The price range for a stock on the Internet ranges from $35 to well over $600. I get confused because the cheaper ones look the same as the expensive ones, Icon_rolleyes . So, I thought I'd try to make a wooden stock if I spent that $600 on some new power tools instead. Icon_lol What I do depends on how much energy I have and how much easier it is to just go buy one and then adapt it to my gun, (they also sell "adapters" on the Net), which makes it even more confusing to know what I'm buying.

I know, I'm dreaming, but never give up on your dreams they say....

Have a fun day today, lot's of sports on TV, football, basketball, hockey and ever pickle ball and corn hole. Did not know that the last two are fast becoming national sport events, and I thought both were for older folk.... wrong again... Icon_redface

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 12-11-2022

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy today and it's gonna stay that way for a while. 28 now headed for 38 later.

Routine Saturday for me. Laundry and basketball games. Gas price was down to $2.79 yesterday. The station that tried to raise the price soon fell in line with the rest of the stations.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - hillyard999 - 12-11-2022

(12-08-2022, 06:43 AM)FiatFan Wrote: ...Spectacular news form my son yesterday.  My granddaughter's brain lesions have all disappeared!  Thank you proton therapy!  Now she will be on chemo maintenance with current check ups scheduled for 3 months rather than 6 weeks. Thank you all for your kind thoughts and prayers while we struggled through this....

Tom

Tom,
That's such good news!
I can't even begin to imagine how much this has brightened your family's lives.

Hoping for more good news to follow.
Take care.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 12-12-2022

Good morning good people, was going target shooting this morning, but it's kind of damp out right now. I think we might go anyway since the report says there are light rains where we're going and it should be clear by the time we get there. Rains are much heavier here, the entire Phoenix Metro area has an average of about 1/4" which isn't bad for us. Temps are down as well, won't get to 60 anywhere near here, snow up in the high country which is why it's so cold down here.

Tom, I agree, great news for your granddaughter. We wish her the best and for continued success with her treatments.

Not much else going on here, got some house chores to do when I get back. The power company has super off-peak rates in the winter, just a bit over 3 cents a KWH from 10 to 3, and around 28 cents for "peak", from 4 to 7. The rest of the time and weekends are 11 cents. You do not want to do laundry or run the dishwasher in the evening. Summer rates are even higher and no super off-peak rates. Some folks super-cool their house early in the summer so they don't run the A/C during peak hours.

Y'all have a great day, stay warm, stay safe and avoid those big box stores and the Post Office if you can.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 12-12-2022

Greetings, gang.

Yep, more clouds today along with some really nasty weather arriving overnight. Rain, snow, freezing rain, and sleet have all been scheduled for overnight into tomorrow along with winds near 45 mph. Looks to be a really nasty 36 hours.

Pretty quiet day yesterday. I did go for a walk in the afternoon. Had a really bizarre dream last night. In the dream I had been chatting with a neighbor about constructing a running stream for the Backyard & Southern Rwy. My neighbor took the initiative to drill for water so I wouldn't have to use water from the house. Seems the drilling company had already drilled to 3400 feet without finding water. The cost of the drilling was running him about $1000 dollars a foot! Remind me to never eat the Tostitos Restaurant Style Salsa again!

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 12-13-2022

Good morning all, chilly and damp, got some rain yesterday, stopped early in the morning but still too wet to go target shooting. It rained for a bit in the evening but nothing past midnight so we're going to try to go today. Got a "wellness visit" from BCBS early this morning, normally I've been turning these down even though they come with a $50 debit card, but they beat me into submission this time, plus $50 is good money for a half-hour of my time, I never made that kind of money when I was  working....

Nothing else going on here, have not touched my layout in weeks, I still have some track to lay and bunches of ballast. Need wiring too, only then can I finish my log cabin park.

Have a great day, if it's cold in Phoenix, it has to be super-freezing most everywhere else so stay warm and stay inside. I remember days like this when I was a kid, snowing outside and maybe a cup of hot chocolate with a marshmallow (we couldn't afford whipped cream), but now I'd have to go up to the high country if I want to see snow... no thank you, I'll skip the hot chocolate if I have to.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - tompm - 12-13-2022

Good morning, folks

It is 24 and heading up to 39.

This the first day back to work since my COVID experience. I feel pretty good. I have a slight cough which is brought on occasionally by exertion. Other than that, I seem to tire quicker than I did before COVID. It was quite cold this morning as I made my first site visit at 7 AM. The cold went right through despite four layers and my hands felt it through my gloves.

We are still putting up some Christmas decorations. We won’t be doing as much as we normally do but we are trying to get the important ones up. I have few items to still put up outside I hope to do tonight.

Not much else happening. Still recovering.

I hope everybody has a good day.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 12-13-2022

Greetings, gang.

Icky day out there today. Winds near 30 and could get to 40 later. About a quarter inch of rain so far and I could get another half inch. The temperature is fortunately still above freezing.

It's gonna be a long day for me. I woke up about 2:30 this morning. Pretended to go back to sleep for about a half hour. Finally gave up and got out of bed around 3. Been up ever since. There may be a nap in my future.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - jim currie - 12-13-2022

hi all. like don its cold and damp, we got no rain that amounted to anything yesterday, cold with sun shining at present. been wiring layout and it's been a hassle did buy a 3/4 wood auger bit fir drill made it much easier to bore holes in supports to run wiring other than that hips are hurting with cold and damp.
Jim

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 12-13-2022

Hello Blue
Another gloomy day. Woke at 7, it was still dark and 30 degrees.
One of the 3r dealers was offering a MTH BTO tank car at $149.99. Wow I don't buy at those prices.
S.J.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 12-14-2022

Good morning everyone, well, we did get to go target shooting yesterday, we left about two hours later, temps were still low, but the sun was out and it didn't feel chilly. To be sure, around 10:00 I took my jacket off. We did good, no serious gun issues, my new gun fired nicely, a few jams, but it isn't that an expensive gun, like everything else, you get what you pay for.

Got to hit Walmart this morning, I normally go right after breakfast, before you can't find a decent parking spot. Then when you want something they have that's locked up, it takes forever to find the person with the key. I don't blame them, shoplifting is rampant, there are smaller stores that are closing because they can't stop people from just walking out with stuff, sometimes they swarm the shop, ten or twenty at a time. I feel bad that they can't stop them, and in some chains, you can get fired if you try.

Enough, I'm going to Denny's this morning. I see they are back open 24/7. Our waitress says that won't happen until they find enough people that want to work. I would jump at the chance except that I look silly wearing an apron. Remember back in the days when a waiter or waitress would stack plates up and down their arms rather than use a tray? Those were the good ol' days....

Take care, I see where there's some really bad weather around the country. Be safe my friends....