The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=9237)

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 12-21-2022

Good Morning Blue
That snowstorm is headed our way for Thur/Fri. W/wind.
High temps will be in the teens past Christmas.
Today 20/30s.
I was in a zoom meet the other night, Twas nice to have voices fit the person. A 3 rail forum.
I have no plans for this day. Grocery shopping is done Gas is holding at $3.89.
S.J.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - tompm - 12-21-2022

Good morning, folks

It is 27 heading up to 39. Tomorrow and Friday we could have everything. Start with rain and/or freezing rain, then rain, and finally some snow. Low temperatures for Friday, Saturday and Sunday are 10 and 15.

I added new bows to the greenery on the outside windowsills. I had to make a late pharmacy run. I still have all my Christmas gifts to wrap.

I added screws to the coupler clips on four more Athearn blue box hoppers. I have two five-pack sets to finish.

Not sure what is up for this evening. I might be hooking up the new microwave if it gets delivered today.

I hope everybody has a good day.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Charlie B - 12-21-2022

We have sunshine and 24 this morning. I listened to the weather forecast and still don't know what to expect. There is a 15% chance we will get 8 inches but a 95% chance we will get 1 inch. If it snows I guess we will just let it snow.  

I plan on working on trains today. I did nothing yesterday but enjoy my birthday. I had a visit from on of my grand daughters and 2 of her little ones. It made for a great day. 

Tom, I think you will probably see blizzard conditions the way you are talking, and it looks like Sir James will also be hit hard. It appears this storm may stay to the north so the south Ontario area  will likely get hit too. 

I pray everyone will have a nice Christmas regardless of the weather. 

Cheers
Charlie

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 12-21-2022

As expected the NWS has issued a winter storm warning for now through noon tomorrow when the blizzard warning goes into effect until 6 AM Saturday. As long as I don't lose power I'm all set for the storm.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 12-22-2022

Good morning, getting scary close to Christmas. Sorry about you guys dealing with blizzards and nasty weather, we here are looking at "Chamber of Commerce" weather, high-60's for a few days, low 70's next week. I've got all my Christmas gifts wrapped. I made a few of them, I get the enjoyment of doing the work and I hope they enjoy what I've done.

Had my spine shots yesterday, they seemed to help, so I probably will be a candidate for ablation. The shots only last about 12 hours and are a test to see if ablation will work. I'll find out next Thursday.

Not much else going on, I wish everyone up north the best dealing with the weather, stay warm and stay safe. I can't believe there are folks here trying to get flights out to go up there, but being with family is important.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 12-22-2022

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy, cold, and windy this morning in the remote reaches of northern Iowa. -9 right now headed for a high of......-9. Yep, gonna be a miserable day. Got about 4 inches of snow yesterday afternoon. After supper I went out while the wind was still calm and cleaned the sidewalks. I wasn't sure just when the wind would get really nasty so I didn't set the trash can out. I also figured the snow plow would come by and knock it over before the collection truck could come by. As expected the plow did come by overnight but surprise, surprise the collection truck came by very early this morning. I saw him headed the other direction on the street so I quickly rolled the can out and got it there just as he came back. He said they put out a press release but apparently no one saw it. They are quitting by 10 AM since the high winds are supposed to be here by around noon. The blizzard warning remains in effect until 6 AM Saturday. Enough rambling for this morning.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - tompm - 12-22-2022

Good morning, folks

It is 34 with an expected high of 46. We have everything coming our way for the day or day and a half. We have freezing rain, rain, wind, snow, flash freeze from a sudden temperature drop. Going to be interesting.

I installed our new microwave that arrived yesterday afternoon. Didn’t realize how bad the old one had gotten until we cooked something in the new one. Took a shorter amount of time and cooked evenly and through.

I finished tuning up five of the blue box hoppers I recently added screws to their coupler clips. I have a bunch more to do.

I need to pick up my last online order today on the way home from work.

I hope everybody has a good day.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 12-22-2022

I finally got my new printer working. (bought it on Sunday) One of the steps is loading the ink and charging the print heads. You have to hold down the Stop button for 5 seconds. I was holding down the Start button. Once I reread the instructions, it did everything fine.

No major storm yet, but it may come.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 12-23-2022

Good morning all, since Christmas is on a Sunday this year, I wonder which day folks are taking off, today or Monday. Today was my scheduled day to pick up my truck. Not going to happen, it's still in the paint shop. It may be next year before I get to see it. No biggie, Geico is paying for the rental, except that my truck has a few features that I miss, like remote start so I can warm things up before I get in. The rental also doesn't have blind spot and lane change warning like the truck. Just a second of inattention by someone else and I'm totally inconvenienced.

Going to what used to be Brenda's for breakfast. The word is out that the new owner isn't paying the old one what he should. He's hardly ever there and has made no effort to meet his steady customers. Brenda and her husband knew us all by name, he says that the restaurant is a "people business, not a number's business". The last two owners were just concerned with the bottom line, and not how to keep customers.

I hope all is well for anyone in the storm areas, some folks have no power and I'm sure, a difficult time getting around. Regardless of where you are, stay warm and stay safe.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 12-23-2022

Greetings, gang.

-11 with a wind chill of -35 and winds up to 30 mph. Winds could hit the mid 40s later today and tonight. Lots of blowing and drifting snow. Some white out conditions. Much of the state is in a no towing zone. All in all not a nice day.

With the weather as it is there's not a whole lot to report. I've been reading and watching movies and that will continue today. Continuing prayers for those in the path of the storm.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - tompm - 12-23-2022

Good morning, folks

It is currently 42 which is the high for the day. The temperatures will be dropping all day until they bottom out at 8 this evening. We had the majority of the rain yesterday and overnight. Another round is coming and there could be a short burst of snow. They keep talking about a flash freeze as the temperature drops.

I added screws to the clips of seven blue box hoppers. I finished tunning up eight blue box, Roundhouse, and Stewart hoppers and a blue box caboose.

I need to pick up my last online order and drop a couple of Amazon returns. I have Christmas gifts to wrap. There are some last minute Christmas things to do.

I hope to work on adding screws to some more Athearn cars and continue tuning up and organizing hoppers.

I have a doctor’s appointment this afternoon with the orthopedic surgeon to discuss why my left foot is catching on things occasionally.

Just in case I don’t make it back online I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas and a great day.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 12-23-2022

Hello Blue
Wind, snow and 10 degrees. That's the Hi for today.
We did our grocery shopping early in the week. Now the shoppers are out looking for winter supplies, groceries and Christmas presents.
Unlike other places we don't have deep snow. I can still see the pavement and grass.
S.J.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Charlie B - 12-23-2022

The bottom dropped out overnight in southeast Ohio but only an inch or so of snow where I am so far but it is blowing and drifting. 
My challenge so far has been to convince our Samoyed (snow dog) that she does not want to go out. She loves the cold and would lay out in it but with her arthritis I don't think it is a good idea.
Train room today.
Charlie

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 12-24-2022

Happy Christmas Eve, gang.

The weather is still the big (read only) story here. -4 at the moment with winds 20-30 mph. Wind chill is -30.

The roads around here are blocked to the north, east, and south. The only way out of town is to the west. Fortunately I don't need to go in any of those directions. Today will be yet another day indoors. The wind is supposed to die down later so I'll probably go out and clean the parts of the sidewalk that have drifted closed. I'm not expecting a newspaper again today. The papers are printed in the next town to the east and the roads are closed. And it's too windy to use the drones for delivery. Fortunately they have an online version.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ngauger - 12-24-2022

Merry frozen Christmas Everyone!!!

It's a horrid 7 degrees with a wind chill of -11
It's supposed to be around 35

Not looking forward to venturing out later.....

Everyone in the storm area, Take Care!!!

Don - Glad to hear PJ is, at least, home for the holidays.....