The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=9237)

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 02-27-2023

Hello Blue
Cloudy, wintery mix forecast till afternoon then rain for a while.
I spend every winter waiting for March. Yes it can be nasty but winter is behind us. Detroit area, 5th warmest winter on record. 
The weekend was mostly quiet except for a call from #2 son. They went to a catered event and there were lots of unopened food trays left. The caterer told them to take it as it would have to be thrown away. They did, then called the family to come and get some of it. Raindrops have begun.
S.J.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - jim currie - 02-27-2023

hi all. well, another Monday is here started on the cbd and it works been able to get 6 or 7 hrs. sleep uninterrupted. been building structures for Ludlow got 3 more for center of town and 9 more houses for town and surrounding aera plus 3 barns and 6 asserted small structures. 
stay safe and if possible warm Jim

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 02-27-2023

Snow started mid afternoon and looks to continue through tomorrow. I think it comes from Colorado by way of Michigan. We need to tighten up the border controls.

I went to the local big chain bookstore today. They have tidied up the magazine rack. They removed all the magazines I buy -- all the British modelling ones. I may not be surprised as I might be the only person in town buying them.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 02-28-2023

Good morning all, still a bit chilly out, mid-60's, about 10 degrees cooler than average. Even cooler tomorrow with some rain starting tonight. Almost normal temps starting Sunday. Just for the record, our earliest 100 degree day was March 26 in 1988 so we'll take what we get now. Flagstaff is looking at about 2' of new snow over the next two days, so winter is still with us. Won't even mention gas prices, can't keep track. Some stations up, a few down. Don't care, got a full tank and I'm not going anywhere for a while.

We are looking for some items that we can auction off. Preferably HO scale or generic things like books or collectables. Our auctions haven't been doing that well so far, we just need the right thing. Send me a PM if you have anything you would like to donate.

Take care everyone, enjoy the day, stay safe and stay out of the bad weather....

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 03-01-2023

Happy March, gang.

31 now and maybe the mid 40s by this afternoon.

Nothing other than routine trips to the gym happening at the headquarters of the Backyard & Southern RR. Gas price jumped 40 cents to $3.29 yesterday.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 03-01-2023

Good morning everyone. Suppose to be a pretty wet day today, good chance all day (except right now), much better chance later in the day. Got to go to Walmart, going early for sure. Warnings not to go up north, 1 to 2' of snow forecast for today. Bad accidents on I-17 due to weather the other day, some 20 vehicles involved in four different accidents at the same time...

Not much else to talk about right now, gas prices all over the map, Costco beat out by a Circle K, one Safeway and Sam's Club. I pay my Costco membership mostly because of their gas prices, I should get a rebate.

Gotta go, get to Walmart before the crowds and the rain. Have a great day, stay safe.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 03-01-2023

Just noticed a typo. Should be $3.49, not 43.29.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 03-01-2023

Hello Blue
Welcome to March, we can slide into spring from here. 35/47 for the day.
S.J.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 03-01-2023

Sorry fellers,I didn't think about blue on blue.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 03-01-2023

(03-01-2023, 09:46 AM)sir james Wrote: Sorry fellers,I didn't think about blue on blue.

heartache on heartache...

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - jim currie - 03-01-2023

bobby Vinton 1963

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 03-02-2023

(03-01-2023, 11:14 PM)jim currie Wrote: bobby Vinton 1963

Just as fitting: "Blue Velvet"... also Bobby... 1951

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 03-02-2023

Greeting, gang.

Cloudy and 23 headed for maybe the upper 30s and a few less clouds.

Routine day yesterday. Decent (meaning sweaty) day at the gym. Then some porch sitting in the afternoon. Went to dinner with some long time friends last night. Lost of laughs and great conversation. Thursday "group" this evening but not much of a group as there are only 2 of us at the moment.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 03-02-2023

Good morning all. Yup, a good rain yesterday, we got almost 3/4" here. We could get a bit more today. Flagstaff got buried, almost two new feet and a snow pack of 40". Ya know what's crazy, all the TV stations send crews up to Flagstaff to take video and interview folks and show how deep the snow is, then they tell you to stay home... don't do like they do. Nope Something else I wonder about, why is it that the NWS reports daily on new snow and snow pack in Phoenix and of course, Flagstaff, but doesn't show that in their Prescott or Winslow reports. Both which gets a decent amount every year, while Phoenix has only had measurable amounts seven times since 1933. We do occasionally see snow in the upper north edge of the valley, above 2000', but we measure everything at the Phoenix airport.

Today is the first day that I've been out for breakfast in a week, still have a touch of that bug, taking a long time to go away.

Have a great day, stay out of the snow unless you have skies or snow shoes on...

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 03-03-2023

Greetings, gang.

26 headed to the low 40s with possibly some fog later on this morning.

Unusual morning yesterday. Fell sound asleep for about 90 minutes while sitting at my desk. I was watching an old western and playing solitaire. When I woke up the timing on the solitaire game showed it had been running for an hour and 30 minutes. Felt groggy the rest of the morning. Then last night I had a dream that I was going to test drive a new car but had to lay a credit card on a certain spot on the console before the car would start. I hope I'm not giving manufacturers and ideas.

Also no mail yesterday which meant no paper. Seems I'm only getting mail delivery 5 times a week.

Nothing planned for today.

All stay safe.

Tom