The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=9237)

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 04-04-2023

And a good chilly morning to ya. Yesterday it got up to 83, today we may only reach 61. Was windy late yesterday, garbage pickup day today, so lots of garbage cans finding their way down the street. No need to put mine out yet, they don't get to our street until about mid-afternoon. We still are suppose to get into the high 90's by this weekend. We're heading up to Prescott this morning, I see the temp there right now is "28, feels like 18". Still windy, and won't get past freezing until this afternoon. Why are we going? Well, there's another gun shop up there that we've heard good things about and it is a nice drive going the way we go. We skip the freeways and take the scenic route.

I did get to my layout yesterday, cleared up most of the mess so I could work on the two tracks that transition from one section to the other, then sat down to work out a solution. Got distracted and never got to do any actual work. So be it, I'll get back to it, I promise.

I hope you all have a great day all day....

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 04-04-2023

Forgot to mention earlier that my grandson in Hawaii called last night. He saw a news report that there were strong storms predicted for the area and wanted to make sure i had a safe place to go in case of a tornado.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Charlie B - 04-04-2023

Good Morning
     Happy Birthday Tom

It is currently 53° heading for a high of 61° with clouds today. a slight chance of raqin in the forecast.

I started wiring control boards for the 3 new yards. I got all the panels drilled and the switches installed as well as the Voltscooters for the 3 blocks Three yard is wired with the gaps cut.  I will try to remember some pictures today. 

Nothing else noteworthy 

Charlie

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - tompm - 04-04-2023

Good morning folks

It is a very nice 58 heading up to 74. We are now up to eight confirmed tornadoes from Saturday’s storm. New Jersey had six, Pennsylvania, one, and Delaware one.

Thank you for the birthday wishes. I didn’t do much. My daughter had to work late, and my son is out of town. My daughter made one of our favorite crockpot dinners and we had cake after she got home and ate. I got a new soldering iron and station. This one is temperature controlled. I also got some “helping hands” clips.

I put away the rolling stock I used for my latest run by. I will post pictures once I get them edited and organized. I now how five cars I need to check and make any necessary adjustments before I put them away. I stopped at Michael’s and picked up some paint I need for the walls for the Morgan House.

Tonight, my wife and daughter are taking me out for my birthday dinner. We are going to Fogo de Chão in King of Prussia. This is a Brazilian steakhouse where the waiters bring around skewers of various types of steaks, chicken, and pork to your table and choice what you want, and you can have seconds and thirds. So, I will be eating light all day to save room.

I hope everybody has a good day.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 04-04-2023

Hello Blue
46/55 for today.
Out this morning for a blood draw, lots of traffic because I went before nine. Lowest gas I saw was $3.39.
Tom sorry I missed birthday wishes, glad you had a good one. 
Two of our three kids have BDs tomorrow. (5th) Born six years apart I still tell them they were twins.
S.J.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 04-05-2023

Greetings, gang.

35 now going to maybe 39 later. Not gonna be a real pleasant spring day. 70s by the weekend.

Managed to swim 3/4 of a mile yesterday. I was going to get on the tread mill or elliptical after that but started getting muscle cramps so I just came home. Niece and family arrived about 3 AM. I didn't hear a sound. Woke up about 4 and they were all sleeping.

Not much else going on today. Big project is to charge my cell phone for another week.

Gas price was $4.49 when I was out yesterday afternoon.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Charlie B - 04-05-2023

Good Morning
    East Palestine, OH ; Wed 05· 81°. 24%. SSW 17 mph. Cloudy skies. A stray severe thunderstorm is possible. High 81F. Winds SSW at 15 to 25 mph. Currently it is 63 and cloudy. 

I finished the wiring for the new extension. I ran 12 gauge CCA audio wire for supply lines. That was the cheapest option and I needed 3 feed wires, the longest was 8o feet, then one 65 feet and one 52 feet  250 feet cost $34.95 including the shipping.  It carries the 3 amps to each block easily.

Charlie.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 04-05-2023

Good morning all, yesterday was windy and chilly, 65 with gusts up to 44mph. Today high 60's and ramping up to over 90 by Sunday. We're going shooting on Monday, forecast out in Tonopah will be 96. Went up to Prescott yesterday, really cold and windy, wasn't suppose to get up to 32 until 1:00, but we were back home by then.

Been needing postage stamps and every time I go to the Post Office the line is almost to the door, 20 or 30 people waiting, so I abort. On the way home yesterday, we were driving though Yarnell, population around 700, and spotted this really tiny post office, stopped, one customer an she was just BS with the clerk. In and out in less than a minute. Yarnell is where we lost all those firefighters a few years ago. There is a local memorial in town and a foot trek to the actual memorial just out of town. The hike is about five miles by foot and not for the weak of heart or old folk. Me, I'd have trouble just climbing the stairs to the start of the hike, but they say if you do go, it's a somber event.

No change in gas prices in the Phoenix area, but found that gas was a lot cheaper in Prescott and a few places along the way. Take the freeways up there and you wind up getting ripped off. $4.49 here, $3.59 in Prescott, $5.00+ along I-17.

12 ga is pretty heavy-duty, rated for 15 amps, you shouldn't have an loss there Charlie. That's not a bad price either...

Take care, have a great day today

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 04-05-2023

Hello Blue
Tiss raining @71 degrees. Severe storms are possible, so they say.
Today is our twins birthday. Son was born on this day in 1963, his sister was born on this day in 1969.
Blood draw yesterday, all the numbers were in the normal range.
S.J.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 04-06-2023

Good morning, good morning, there's an old song that starts that way, temps are on their way up, 69 yesterday, 79 today. Still under normal, but we'll be well above normal by this weekend. As for weather in other parts of the country, my heart goes out to those folks hit by those tornadoes.

Saw a news article saying we'll be seeing $4.00 a gallon gas soon, heck, we've seen $4.50 for weeks now. It still baffles me that gas is as much as a dollar less in some very remote towns here, and we're on a par with the highest areas in California.

Things are settling down here a bit, baseball fans are gone, next come the snowbirds, they'll start flying home in a few weeks and we'll have our roads and parking lots spaces back.

Take care, have a great day and stay out of that bad weather.....

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 04-06-2023

Greetings, gang.

Lot of sunshine and blue skies scheduled for today. Currently 33 after a low of 21 when I got out of bed around an hour ago so it's warming quickly out there. Supposed to get to the mid 50s later on. NWS is claiming 80s by next week.

Had a really nice visit with my niece and her family yesterday. Played Xbox games with the kids and had nice conversations with the adults. I had forgotten how much food growing children can go through. The two boys took care of a half box of cereal (Honey Nut Cheerios if you're curious) and almost a half gallon of milk. The young lady managed to wolf down 4 dessert plate sized pancakes. Overall a really great day. Nothing major planned for today other than a trip to the gym. Had a weird dream last night about looking for new refrigerators at Menards. In the dream I also bought some window screen material and wound up painting their floor with a broom.

Don - glad to see your Dairy Queen got its red spoon back. I would have loved to see a picture of the spoon tied to the top of the police cruiser.

I noticed a typo in my post from yesterday. Gas was $3.49, not $4.49.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Charlie B - 04-06-2023

Good Morning. 
        It is 48 ° and cloudy with a chance of rain in the forecast. 

I am about to head out for Home Depot to get the rest of the wood I need for the layout extension. I just need some 1/2s to fill the gap between the shelf and the wall.  It will not be an easy job for me unless I can make my undertable creeper work because there is no way I can bend down to do the little work I need to do. 

No ground water contamination has been reported from the derailment. One Youngstown news station had an in depth investigation and to their dismay they couldn't find any contamination. It was quite a letdown for the news commentators (you could tell by their expressions Wink )who of course were hoping for the worst. Thank goodness it was good news. 

If all goes well I should have the layout room mess cleaned up by the end of the week end. 

I am glad you had a nice visit Fiatfan. It is always great to have family visit. I love it when my great grandkids come, but I also love it when they go. They are so full of energy that they drag me down quick I have 2 great grandchildren I only get to see once a year. They live in Wichita KS. My grandson is an IT man and works from home and his wife is an instructor with the Air National Guard. She took this assignment about 3 years ago and was just promoted to chief master sergeant. She has 23 years service. She was planning on retiring but enjoys her work so well she has put that aside for now. Paygrades for an E9 aren't too shabby either. 

My second oldest son has really gotten back into modeling and two of his grandsons are joining in. I am so glad to see this because the two boys need something to occupy their time. This son of mine had trouble reading in school until he got interested in trains and started reading about them. Find a subject of interest and away he went. He ia also a gear head. He is one of the top mechanics in the area and is getting calls from dealerships when they have problems they can't fix. He is now working for a guy that sells large used trucks mostly with hydraulic lifts like the power companies use. His boss buys used ones and completely rebuilds them and every disaster makes his sales soar. 

Prayers for all that need them. I am hoping that Deano, Todd, and Bruce are all OK. I worry when folks suddenly drop out of sight. 

Cheers
Charlie

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - jim currie - 04-06-2023

(04-06-2023, 10:22 AM)Charlie B Wrote:         I am about to head out for Home Depot to get the rest of the wood I need for the layout extension. I just need some 1/2s to fill the gap between the shelf and the wall.  It will not be an easy job for me unless I can make my undertable creeper work because there is no way I can bend down to do the little work I need to do. 

Cheers
Charlie

you might think about a topside creeper, my youngest confiscated mine now I need to get a new one.
Jim

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 04-07-2023

Greetings, gang.

Partly cloudy and 30 going to 65 this afternoon. I certainly hope so.

Nothing much exciting to report from yesterday. My daughter called and invited herself to Easter dinner. Had to run to the grocery store last night to stock up on needed items. Nothing big planned for today. Gym this morning and a bike ride this afternoon.

Gas is still $3.49. Eggs were $3.99 in the store last night.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 04-07-2023

Good morning all, we should be in the low 80's today, right on average, by Tuesday we could hit 100. Costco and Sam's Club both jumped to $4.39 for regular gas. Can't tell beyond that, Gas Buddy is having map problems so I can't see the higher prices. As for eggs, I bought a dozen extra large at Walmart yesterday for $3.62, large is going for $3.24. Found one package with a broken egg. Up to about a year ago, they would have to dispose of the whole dozen. They had to pass a law allowing merchants to replace the broken egg and put the package back on the shelf. Why did we have a law that said the couldn't do that? Crazy. I saw this cartoon yesterday:

[Image: cartoon-4_5.png?ve=1&tl=1]

Easter is two days away, so you all observe the day as you choose. Me, I guess after going to mass, I get to stay home, which is fine. I need to be able to just relax for a bit more and if I get invited out, I can't do that.