The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=9237)

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 05-01-2023

Greetings, gang.

Windy and 38 headed for 58 and even more windy with gentle breezes near 40 mph again. The wind is supposed to calm down by Wed.

Pretty boring F1 race yesterday. So far the only item on the to do list is a trip to the gym. More items may (or may not) be added later.

Gas was down to $3.27 Saturday evening.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 05-01-2023

Good Monday morning to ya all. We did hit 102 yesterday, should have tied the record for that date. Gas is dropping all over the country except here in the Phoenix area. Lowest price in Arizona is $3.43, lowest around here is $4.39 in three stations, then $4.99 is the next best for the thousands of other stations.

David, I'm not sure how far I can go in a family tree, I get to my grandparents and stop. My friend was in the process of working on it, but she passed a few years ago and that's as far as it got. It's funny that for some families, genealogy is important and traceable, but others, like mine, no one seems to care to even try. I may even have some cousins around, but I'd never find any without a lot of help.

Not much on the schedule for me this week, I'm tempted to go clean up the garage, but I did a bad thing to my foot and I've been instructed to keep it elevated until it heals a bit. Now I can watch TV without feeling guilty.

Have a great week everyone, stay away from that bad weather, I hear about more tornadoes, and by all means, stay safe.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 05-01-2023

Hello Blue
We have another gloomy morning, rain overnight. The temp is 40. Coldest May Day in 115 years, so they say.
I know where my grandparents are from and I'm good with that. Some relatives have tried tracing but I don't think they learned much.
A quiet Sunday, we were just lazy all day.
S.J.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - tompm - 05-01-2023

Good morning folks

It is 53 heading up to 57 and the sun is shining. It was wild weather this weekend. Friday evening and Saturday morning we had ran. Most of Saturday remained rain free but overnight and most of Sunday we had rain with the heaviest Sunday night into this morning. I am not sure how much we got over the weekend, but I have heard 3 plus inches from several places.

The river is very high this morning. According to the river gauge a few miles upriver the flow should have crested, and the water should start receding. It will be a day or two before they can access the riverside of the weir wall.

With all the rain we worked inside the house. We got the rugs cleaned in the foyer and living room. Replaced the miniblind in the hall bathroom. I got some laundry done but not as much as I wanted to. Saturday between the storms we ran to the post office, produce store, gas station, BJ’s, and the drive through diary store.

The wife is having issues with her allergies for the past week. We are not sure what is triggering them, and she has an appointment with a ne allergist. She has finally given up on her current allergist and his rude bedside manner and overall lousy attitude. I gave upon him about a year ago and have been trying to get her to do the same. It came to a head last week when my wife called him, and his receptionist answered, and my wife heard him in the background tell the receptionist to tell my wife he was not in.

Spent a portion of the weekend allowing my son to vent. He is the lead organizer of the county Pride Festival in June and at the last minute the township police department decided they need 10 officers for the event and not the 6 previously agreed to. He now has to fund raise an additional $5000 to $7000 in the next four to six weeks. This was also a surprise to the township council and there will be further negotiation going on between him, council, and the police department.

Unfortunately, I got very little done on the workbench or layout. I was able to put some rolling stock away that I used for the latest run by. I did clear out some junk from an area that I can now use for storing some train stuff.

I am not sure what this evening holds. Maybe more laundry.

I hope to finish putting away the rolling stock from the last run by. I would like to finish painting the walls for the Morgan House. I have a couple of new locomotives I would like to test.

I hope everybody has a good day.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - jim currie - 05-01-2023

hi all. well, its Monday again and things are about the same. should have the wood for the 4 level of layout today as 8 ft 2bys are hard to put in car so i had to wait for friend with truck to go into Yuma to get it still in doldrum on models can't seem to motivate myself to build anything. did see urologist last Monday same old story won't operate till I get off blood thinner he's trying to get VA to make an appointment with vascular to see about removing clot.
stay safe Jim

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 05-02-2023

Greetings, gang.

40 now and maybe 60 later and still very windy. Improvements arrive tomorrow. Maybe 80 by Sunday.

Routine day at the gym. Late afternoon I noticed that apparently the new renter across the street will be a guy. First thing to be moved in was a new 65 inch tv. Not much planned for today. Maybe mow the yard this afternoon. I need to change the oil in the mower before I do that though. Also time to start on seasonal track repairs on the Backyard & Southern.

Gas was down again yesterday to $3.23.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 05-02-2023

Good morning all, temps are going down, bouncing between the high 70's and the high 80's through to the weekend. Not much else going one, Costco & Sam's increased gas to $4.45, one Circle K dropped a whole penny to $4.98. The TV lady says that we could see gas prices drop to around $4.50 by summer...whoopee-do, this while gas is in the low $3.00 in most other parts of the country.

Not much else going on around here, I canceled my newspaper over a week ago and I do not miss it. Really, the past year I can't count the days that it never showed up, but I can count on one hand the days that it showed up on time. Reading the morning news at 4:00 in the afternoon just didn't cut it.

So, I'm glad some of you guys are finding time with your trains. I have the time, I just need some motivation, I hit an impasse and I can't seem to get back in the groove. One day I'll find a spark and then off I go...

Take care everyone, enjoy the day....

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - tompm - 05-02-2023

Good morning folks

It is much brighter yet cooler day with temperature at 46 and a supposed high of 52 with a chance of more showers. The river is still up. It has gone down about 4 feet but still needs to drop another 4 to 6 feet before it is safe to access the work area on the riverside of the wall.

I had to make an emergency run to the pharmacy to pick up the wife’s inhalers. Allergies have been hitting her hard this spring. Did a little more laundry.

I finally got to finish painting the last wall for the Morgan House. Next I need to seal it and do the mortar lines. I did some organizing of my TOFC fleet so I can figure out if I have enough trailers or do I have enough trailers but need more flat cars.

Tonight, should be an easy night. I must take the recycle bins out to the curb. This also means getting rid of some of the cardboard boxes that have been accumulating. As requested, I set up the rug cleaner so the wife can use it. This will mean I will need to clean it afterwards.

I would like to seal the just painted wall for the Morgan House. I need to add glazing for the windows of a second wall and add the window frames and doors on a third wall. I need to finish putting rolling stock away and tune up any cars that I have not previously done.

I hope everybody has a good day.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 05-03-2023

Greetings, gang.

Another sunny day underway outside my window this morning. 35 and that's supposed to double by this afternoon. Looks like warmer weather has finally arrived. Highs are predicted to be in the 70s and even 80 for the next week.

Decent day yesterday. Progress at the gym was rather lackluster but after lunch I got the oil changed on the mower and then mowed the yard. Then I got the inspection camera hooked up to my phone and working. Today I'll be trying to recover the oil filler cap that was eaten by the air intake on my car.

Gas price was interesting yesterday. One station showed $3.49. Directly across the street the price was $3.21. When I go past there today I'll find out who got the memo on the correct price.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 05-03-2023

Good morning, not much change over the past few days, temps down slightly, may even dip into the high 70's tomorrow. No change in gas prices.

I may go to Brenda's Kitchen this morning, the new owner took over on Monday and changed the hours. Since they ran off the early morning crowd, they are now opening at 7:00. I may go just to see who is doing what, but I doubt that they'll ever see us back as a group. We found a new place and that's working just fine. Today my cleaning lady shows up at 8:00, so if I do go, I'll need to be in and out quickly. I could go to Denny's, they're suppose to go back to 24/7, but they can't find enough cooks to work the shifts, so starting tomorrow, they will open at 5:00.

Not much else going on. Remember, we're trying to get another video chat together, there's a thread going where you can sign up, or at least leave a comment.

Be careful, it's getting to be a madhouse out there, tornadoes, mass shootings, AI, 70 vehicle pileups, flooding...very scary. Yeah, we're still getting local flooding alerts thanks to dam releases. Too many roads run through creek beds and normally dry washes and sometimes folks take chances when they shouldn't. Otherwise, try to have a great day, prayers for those that aren't....

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 05-04-2023

Happy Star Wars Day, gang

May The Fourth Be With You.

Warm trend continues today but rain chances start tomorrow and last through the next week. 47 now maybe going to 80 later on.

Interesting experience trying to recover the oil filler cap. Tried from one direction and couldn't figure out what I was seeing. Tried from another direction and managed to get the camera caught in the air duct. Fortunately I was able to get the camera back out. Also need to figure out the interface that controls the camera. Not much going on today.

Gas stations are still at a standoff. One at $3.49 and across the street the price is $3.21.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 05-04-2023

Good morning, do we need to dress as Jedi today? But... it is also "National Candied Orange Peel Day", and most important, "National Day of Reason". Not sure of which nation though... Icon_rolleyes

Got my house cleaned inside yesterday, as well as the outside. Got a text from the lawn care guy, "need anything?", oh did I ever. Had weeds 4' high around the edges of the back wall and through the cracks in the cement. Places that he missed with the weed spray last time. They were waiting for me when I got back from breakfast, they must have had some open time. Did a bang-up job, this time I can see that he did spray the entire front, sides and back including places he missed last time. I was OK with the price too, especially since it included spraying the yard.

Brenda's Kitchen is no more. The new owner changed the name, took all the knickknacks off the walls (Brenda had lots of them that she'd change with the season or holiday), and he made a few other changes. All-in-all, it was being run like a restaurant, not like the previous owner was doing, but I doubt that we'll go back there as a group anymore.

Unlike the rest of the country, gas here is on the rise. Costco and Sam's are still the lowest at $4.55, $5.29 seems to be common with brand name stations, they'll blame the increase on "Summer blend" changes (10% ethanol).

Take care, enjoy the day.... Icon_e_biggrin

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Charlie B - 05-04-2023

Good morning

It is really my 60th wedding anniversary so that tops them all for me.  It is darned near as cold as it was too. 

I am hoping to work on a couple locomotives but I have a video appointment with my PCP in 40 minutes so I am heading for a coffee to get me through.  My BP is good and my O2 is likewise so we will just say howdy and be done. 

More later 
Charlie

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 05-04-2023

Hello Blue
Just checking in.
We have sun this morning and maybe 60 for the day.
Our mower guy hasn't shown up yet this year. I might have to cut it myself.
Aldi's yesterday, they have jumped on the price increase bandwagon. I would like someone explain to me why prices have increased so much. I think we are getting the royal $crew. Egg price had dropped to $2.20 dz, gas was still $3.49 most places.
S.J.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 05-04-2023

(05-04-2023, 07:22 AM)Charlie B Wrote: Good morning

It is really my 60th wedding anniversary so that tops them all for me.  It is darned near as cold as it was too. 

I am hoping to work on a couple locomotives but I have a video appointment with my PCP in 40 minutes so I am heading for a coffee to get me through.  My BP is good and my O2 is likewise so we will just say howdy and be done. 

More later 
Charlie

Congrats to you and your bride Charlie. 60 is a very good number, it takes patience, understanding, cooperation and love. Been there so I know. I wish you both the best and many, many more years together.