The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=9237)

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 06-24-2023

Good morning everyone, Saturday, Had a bad night, woke up at 6:00, but still only got less than 8 hours sleep. I'm not one for naps, suppose to be a sign of old age, and I haven't hit that mark yet.

We have a few wildfires around the state, 12 active ones right now ranging from one acre to over 3,000 acres.

Tom, I envy you, my insurance will pay for joining a club that accepts "Silver Slippers", or "smelly sweat socks", and I'm curious what that offers. I think my problem is that I don't get enough exercise and that leads to a downward spiral. I am committed to doing something after I've healed from my upcoming surgery.

Nothing else happening worth talking about right now, temps and gas are holding steady and that's it. Hope everyone has a fine weekend and stay safe. Around here, they've got those tents set up in parking lots selling fireworks, but it's still too early to fire them off. That doesn't mean that some folks won't do it anyway.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - hillyard999 - 06-24-2023

(06-21-2023, 05:45 AM)FiatFan Wrote: Had a really weird dream last night....
Tom

Tom,
I have wierd dreams a lot.   
Smile

Don,
wishing you well with your surgery.

As for myself, we are still recovering from last Monday's water heater failure in the garage.  
Lots of low value junk to go through before throwing out.  
I was surprised to find a bag of newspapers detailing the Mt St Helens eruption. A bit ennbarrassing.
Didn't even know I had this.  Tells me there's lots more to get rid of.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 06-25-2023

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and cool at the moment. 64 now going to only the low 70s later with 30 mph winds. High winds tomorrow again but warmer with a high in the low 80s. No bike ride for the next couple of days. Got over an inch of rain yesterday.

Tried to install some new blinds yesterday and found out they are too short. I'll need to take them back and get the correct ones. Otherwise, much as Don said, really nothing going on at the moment. Great-grandkids sporting events seem to be in remission also.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 06-25-2023

Good morning, and a pleasant Sunday to you all. Today could be our first 110 of the year, depends on who you believe. The TV folks say 110, the weather apps all say 107. Regardless, it's starting to warm up.

Gas is still slowly dropping, Sam's is down to $3.98, a few at $4.09, and $4.19 is common but still a dollar more than in some of the remotest parts of the state. Go figure...

I checked, and the fitness program the insurance covers is, "Silver Sneakers", not "slippers". Icon_redface Blue Cross continually changes its website and I have no clue how to even get into the program or what fitness center to go to. Guess I'll be on the phone with them again tomorrow. I called them on Friday just to be sure I didn't need pre-authorization for my surgery. At first she said no, then after consulting with her supervisor came back and said I needed it. I asked her to talk to the hospital folks and later she called and said I don't need it and am good to go. I also asked that if this is wrong, who is responsible and she says it's the hospital's fault for not asking. Things change, I remember last year after I had the initial surgery, I got home from the hospital and there was a letter waiting telling me that the surgery was denied and that I needed to find another doctor. I guess the doctor was going to have to remove the stent he put in, Nope but luckily, the insurance company relented. A few months later I got a check back from somebody for overpaying. Icon_e_surprised I don't have a clue what's going on and I think that's the way they want it.

Nothing else going on, been taking it easy until the surgery, been watching some of the different, "to Catch a Smuggler". Unbelievable  what those drug cartels do in order to get their stuff across the border. What's sad is that they find folks in need or are threatened and they are the ones that wind up in prison. And what they do catch is only around 10% of what is sent.

Take care, enjoy what's left of the weekend and stay away from those twisters.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 06-25-2023

Interesting morning. I needed to return some blinds to Walmart and decided to pick up a few things. No problem but on the way out I noticed they had gasoline for $3.07. Drove past a few gas stations on the way home and everyone else is at $3.39, which was down a dime from yesterday. Eggs, by the way, were $.99. Quite a drop from $5.59 a while back.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Charlie B - 06-25-2023

Good evening
     I have been under the weather for a couple days. I think a tooth may be infected. I have a prescription for antibiotics and a dental appointment Thursday. In the meantime I'm living on OTC pain pills. Last time I had this about 40 years ago the doctor was allowed to give us real pain medication, now we have to suffer because some idiots abuse them.  Icon_redface

Cheers
Charlie

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 06-26-2023

Greetings, gang.

Cool and windy at the moment. Supposed to warm up but still be windy later.

Very quiet day yesterday. Gym later this morning is the only item penciled in on the to do list.

Charlie - I hope Thursday arrives quickly for you.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 06-26-2023

Good morning all and a happy National Chocolate Pudding Day. I wonder if the government takes the day off for this.

My confidence in the weather forecasters is waning. They all agree that yesterday we finally hit over 110, but the TV lady said we'll be at least 110 and up to 114 all this week, while everyone else says we'll be in the low 100 most of the week. Typical misinformation.

I know what you mean Charlie, you get a prescription for pain meds and open the bottle to find 10 pills, and you had to show your ID, get fingerprinted and frisked with a full background check before they would give them to you. Good luck on your dental appointment.

That's it for now, no real change in gas prices, I'm sure they'd like to go back up, but all the snowbirds are gone so it's supply and demand.

Take care, have a great week and stay safe....

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 06-26-2023

Hello Blue
Cloudy, 70s for the day. Weekend was mid 80s. Storms expected later.
Saturday I went to a thing in Owasso Mi, it was a combo military/train event. Our club had its modular layout there. One of our members has assembled a large collection of military flats w/loads. Not overcrowded but was well attended. No plans for today.
S.J.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - jim currie - 06-26-2023

hi all. Monday again my how time fly's. Not much news other than one of the trees dropped a big limb on what the wife calls the lattice corner more repair work when weather cools of in the fall, just need to get out the chain saw and cut it up for now. that's about all the news for now stay safe .
Jim

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 06-27-2023

Greetings, gang.

59 now going to the low 80s maybe later. Rain chances move in tonight and stay through Saturday.

Pretty quiet day yesterday. Gym and a 12 mile bike ride. This morning I'll be heading to Menards. Later on I'm going to try a 21 mile bike ride. Need to get in shape for a community bike ride coming up at the end of the month. Then this evening I'll be going to old people dinner (you know, early before it gets crowded) with some long time friends.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 06-27-2023

Good morning, not even 5:00 yet didn't sleep that well (allergies) and I've got a busy day today too. Wild dreams all night and I can't remember one of them. That's normal, usually can't remember what I ate for breakfast... Nope

Temps hit 112 yesterday and are going to be up there all week and then some. We haven't seen rain since March 15 and right now we're at 2.88 inches for the year. No signs of any monsoon storms yet, but they can come up at the drop of a hat.

Speaking of hats, I was watching "For a Few Dollars More" last night and watched Clint Eastwood and another guy shooting at each other's hats, even shooting them off their heads and blasting them while in the air. Can't happen, saw two shows, "Mythbusters" and, "Hollywood Weapons" that tested that, and in every case, the bullets just went through the hat without it moving. They also tested the movie where Eastwood splits a rope in two tied around another guy's neck. Can't happen either, the rope is wider than the bullet. All movie magic done with strings and explosive charges.

So much for that, got to eat breakfast at home, believe it or not, I have a 7:15 doctor appointment. I've got another one that I've seen before 8:00, nice to know that some doctors are early birds. I always try to get an early appointment, I'm up and the doctor is usually on time.

Take care, have a safe day and stay away from those storms.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - tompm - 06-27-2023

Good morning folks

It is 68 going up to 82 with the possibility of more storms later this afternoon or evening. We had quite a light show last night with many window rattlers. Power went out of about 2 minutes. We actually had three storms roll through starting at around 10 PM. I had to deal with a couple of road closures and a traffic signal that was dark on the way to work.

I did not make it here yesterday as the wife had a rough weekend. She was having trouble with her breathing starting late last week. She called her allergist, but they told her to contact her primary. She contacted her primary only to find out her doctor left the practice and none of the remaining doctors were willing to help here over the phone or via a telemed visit as it was Friday afternoon. Looks like she is going to be searching for another practice. Saturday things started out well. We went to the produce store and a nursery. After the nursey she had a coughing spell that brought us home. The rest of Saturday was uneventful. Sunday started out well. She replanted one of the window boxes that the squirrels had destroyed and I planted the plants we got Saturday in the front garden. Afterwards we hung out on the front patio and then went inside and did a few small chores as the weather looked threatening. As the evening wore on her coughing spells increased in severity. She also began to experience the chills and took her temperature which was over 102. At that point we headed off to the emergency room. After 6 hours there and a bunch of tests they determined she had a major sinus infection but no pneumonia. After a couple of Tylenol and an antibiotic we were on our way home getting there about 3 AM. Yesterday I went tot the pharmacy and picked up her meds. With the antibiotic she is feeling a hundred times better.

Somehow despite all the drama I did manage to replace the couplers and add screws to the coupler clips on five Athearn cars.

Today we see our kids off on their European cruise.

Maybe I will get some more couplers changed.

I hope everybody has a good day.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 06-28-2023

Greetings, gang.

Hazy, smoky skies greeted me this morning after a thunderstorm overnight which left a quarter inch in my rain gauge. 67 now going to maybe the upper 80s later on.

Went to Menards yesterday and got some new blinds for the windows in the spare bedroom. Also picked up a new garden hose. The old one is really wearing out after 30 some years. Then hit a few grocery stores, Also picked up a new cell phone. Had lots of "fun" getting it started and getting all my data transferred. Interestingly enough at least some new phones (including mine) come without a charger. No big deal, right? Wrong. New phone has a newer type of connection for charging. Fortunately I did have a cord with that type of connector and was able to get the phone charge. Then I had to scan a qr code on the new phone with the old phone but first I had to update the qr scanner. Then I had to update the switching software on the old phone. Had to do that via the internet as the old phone no longer had cell service. Bloody nightmare! Anyway finally got it all done.

Trip to the gym this morning and then install the new window blinds.are the only activities on the agenda so far.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 06-28-2023

Good morning good people, just a tad warm here. I'd rather it be what the Internet apps say it should be (104) rather than what it actually is (111), but hey, it's June/July and that's what we get here for having such a nice Winter.

Tom, my last new phone had one cable, a C male to C male so I could transfer data from the old one. No charger, no charging cable. I guess they figure if I have an old phone, I already have those. Fortunately, I do, but they didn't know that. The good news is that the data transfer went smoothly, the bad news is I needed to find all my passwords or do the "I forgot my password" thingy. I rarely use my phone to call folks, I do still have a landline, and I do not use my cell phone to surf the Internet, got a nice big screen for my desktop, why should I squint or scroll to try to read whats on my tiny phone screen? For too many people, their phone is their lifeline to the world and to family and friends. Sorry for being so old fashion, but I know someone that still thinks a fax machine is the way to send data....honest.

Oh, and for those of us that still have landlines, how many times have you had someone try to send you a text message to it?

Had a 7:15 doctor appointment yesterday. Got there early, they took me right away and I was out of there before my appointment time. Called my second appointment which was for 10:00, told them I was available and they said to be there by 8:30. Saved me half the morning. Doesn't happen very often though, but that's why I try to get early appointments.

Looking at gas prices, cannot understand why Costco, Circle K, and QT can sell gas for $3.59 in some areas of town and $4.19 in others.

Gotta go, get things done before the heat hits. Take care my friends and have a safe and bountiful day.... Goldth