The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=9237)

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 07-14-2023

We went to visit our neighbours in their new trailer (camping) today. They are in Wasaga Beach and all I can say is that you're not supposed to get there from here. All the roads run northwest from Guelph except one that wanders northeast, but the only road that goes north all the way from there has so many hills that you wonder why we had an ice age.
But we did get there, had a nice visit and went to the beach and survived the trip home.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 07-15-2023

Greetings, gang.

Hazy and 63 with smoke scheduled to arrive shortly. 84 maybe for the high.

Routine day yesterday. I did apply some weed killer to the yard with results "visible in 3 hours." Yeah, maybe not. Today is laundry and bike riding. Still very humid around here so not much outdoor activity planned. I was going to wash the car yesterday but remembered I'll be going to my grandson's place tomorrow so that project can wait. There's about two and a half miles of gravel road to his home.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 07-15-2023

Good morning, yup, another Saturday and yet another record to set. Yesterday got down to 93 and up to 116, tied both records, and the 15th day in a row of at least 110. Today and/or tomorrow could get up to 119, can't really be sure since no two forecasts match. Regardless, it'll be hot. Rain, nada, not since March 15. Our Monsoon season is a bust so far, all these "monsoon specials" on TV a few weeks ago, newscasts showing video of flooding and water rescues, all for naught.

Feeling well enough to work out in the workshop. I'm building a tabletop light box (18" x 24'). I used to have one but it disappeared during one of our moves and I see where one would come in handy, especially doing some scratchbuilding. Not sure, but it's a tool that I had and want it back. I guess I've reached the age where I long for things that I used to have and hope I still have the ability to use them.

Not much change in gas prices, we seemed to have hit the bottom, a few stations are heading back up now by a few pennies.

Take care my friends and have a very nice weekend. If I go out anywhere it'll just be to pick up something for dinner that I don't have to cook.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 07-15-2023

We were planning to meet a railway friend at the highland games. He emailed that he thought the parking areas would be unusable. After 9:00 this morning there was a tremendous deluge.
Our friend was heading out to help build a new layout at one of the clubs.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 07-16-2023

Good morning, 5:00 and it says 95 outside. Another record yesterday, no tie this time, 118. Could get even higher today, fortunately, I'm going to church early and just lock the doors when I get home. It's not so much the heat, it being so constant that's getting to us. I think that's the 16th day in a row and we should easily break the record of 18 days of 110 or better. I hate to see what my electric bill will be for July, I'm guessing close to $400 since the A/C shuts of for a few minutes and it's back on again... Tried working out in the garage, but I can only stand about 10 minutes and back into the A/C house. Not really complaining, that's what we sign up for when we live here, then comes winter and we know why we did it.

So that's it for now. I will do what the weather will allow and today I might just have to stay inside and work on my layout. Still have some trackwork to lay and wire, so this could be the time to get that done.

I hope you all have a great day today and the weather is nice in your area.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 07-16-2023

Hello Blue
Sun but wildfire smoke intruding. Hi of 84 today.
Yesterday's D3Rs club meet went will in spite of it raining till 3pm. The modular layout was tent covered and at the garage door so everything and everyone stayed dry. Our host had invited some out of town/state guest, mostly U-Tubers. This old man is tired today but it was a great outing. Gas is still sitting at $3.59.
S.J.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - jim currie - 07-16-2023

hi all. been absent tor a few days fell Wednesday morning went to urgent care on Thursday morning as the VA here doesn't work with any other er room they did a ultrasound and didn't see any blood clots  so they gave me a med for pulled muscles on leg was a bit better on Friday but still bed ridden Saturday morning went to bathroom and when i got up from toilet the pain was unbearable stayed with med from urgent care till noon called friend  he(wife was in no shape to drive fir 3 hours) drove me to Tuson VA er they did x-rays said nothing was broken but gave me some heavy duty pain meds 8mg of morphine injection  and a10 mg of steroids for inflammation and swelling .sent me home with 5 days of 2mg morphine pills and 5 days of steroids before injection a couldn't move right leg without level 10 pain after the morphine kicked in a had a bit of mobility got to go back to Tucson to see the orthopedist doctor soon .
stay safe Jim
stay safe .
jimOrthopedic

Oe

Orthopedic

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 07-17-2023

Greetings, gang.

Very smoky and 59. Only going to the mid 70s today and tomorrow.

I intended to go for a bike ride yesterday but when the time came I just said forget it. No ambition. Late afternoon was a party for for a great-grandson who turned 12. This morning is swimming at the gym with not much else. Still lacking in ambition. Prayers for all in need.

I ordered some stuff on Saturday. Got notification it was being shipped from San Diego and is due to arrive today. My newspaper can't make it here from 20 miles away. Grrr!

Gas was down to $3.31 yesterday.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 07-17-2023

Good morning all, going to be a busy week for me, got all sorts of appointments, some made six months ago. Yeah, some doctors I see but once a year so I've had appointments for 2024 for quite a while.

Jim, from what I hear, dealing with the VA is no picnic so getting seen so quick has to be astounding. Good luck, I wish you the best.

High temps are not going away here, we're breaking records all over the place. Today should be the 8th day in a row where the low was 90 or higher, and that's a new record. Today also will tie the record for being the 18th day in a row where the high is 110 or more. Weather lady says 117 for today and tomorrow, glad my appointments are all early morning. I need to bring a thermometer out in the garage, I can't stay out there for more that about ten minutes at a time. At that rate it will take me a week to finish a two-hour project.

I hope the weather eases up a bit for everyone. Pat and his family just got back from two weeks in the UK, now they're off in San Diego for another week. Surprise, it'll still be hot when they get back.... Take care everyone, stay cool, stay dry and definitely stay safe.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - jim currie - 07-17-2023

(07-17-2023, 06:02 AM)ezdays Wrote: Jim, from what I hear, dealing with the VA is no picnic so getting seen so quick has to be astounding. Good luck, I wish you the best.

don the local VA is slow but Tucson is a flagship hospital making the 3-hr. drive worth it fast service great people understanding doctors they had to haul me in there but by the time we left i could stand unto get into car. heard a lot of bad things about the Pheonix hospital but Tucson is great the other one i know has good service is the grand junction one been there one while visiting kids.
hope you're getting better by the day.

Jim

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 07-17-2023

Hello Blue
79 sun thru smoke day. You fellers that live with 100+ temps would probably be wearing a sweater. We have the A/C on.
Got some nice comments from visitors about our outing on Saturday. 
Nothing going on today, a routine doc visit tomorrow.
S.J.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - tompm - 07-17-2023

Good afternoon folks

It is getting toasty, not Arizona toasty, but toasty for us. The temperature now is 85 and going up to 91. The humidity is now 51% but it was a lot worse this morning. The air was so heavy this morning you could chew it.

Saturday my wife had a dentist appointment and afterward we went out for breakfast. Then we did our running, Amazon returns at Kohl’s, down to Delaware to get gas, and then the nursey/produce store. We got home and my wife had to pack up a couple of items she sold online. I was able to tune and inventory some rolling stock.

Sunday we ran to Target to pick up some bins. I needed a couple for some rolling stock and we both needed some for our cold weather clothing. With June being such an up and down month with the temperatures we are just getting around to storing our heavier clothing. We also stopped at the grocery store where I promptly forgot half of what we needed. My stupid and rude people tolerance meter surpassed its limit, so I hit the point where I just wanted to get out of the store. Once home I put my clothing in the bins and took them up to the attic. Later I reorganized my 50-foot steel boxcars into three categories; sliding door, plug door, and double door. I then stored them in bins accordingly.

Today on the way home from work I need to hit the pharmacy and the grocery store to get what I forgot yesterday. I hope to tune up and inventory a few more cars. I may play around with the Walthers Asphalt Street System.

I hope everybody has a good day.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ngauger - 07-17-2023

CSX Derailment today....Closer to tompm than me......
https://6abc.com/freight-train-derailment-whitemarsh-township-montgomery-county-pa/13513612/
No Injuries... No major spills

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - tompm - 07-17-2023

Not that close.

From what I can figure out the line is the former PRR Trenton Cutoff.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 07-18-2023

Good morning all, still breaking and tying records, today should break the record for most consecutive days of 110 or higher. We already broke the record for consecutive days where it never got below 90. Tom is talking about it getting to 91 in Philly, well, it never got below 95 here yesterday. Unrelenting.... Folks still going out in this heat and need rescue, one guy not too far from here took his bike out into the desert and had a flat. He called his wife to meet him but he never showed up. By the time they found him, it was too late. We have the same issues with hikers.

Jim, you're right, delays at the Phoenix VA started that investigation a few years ago, no sure it anything is any better. I have a friend that goes there and has issues whenever he calls. They keep messing with his meds, especially his Insulin. Thanks, I am doing lots better, my biggest issue is my back and I get that dealt with tomorrow. Been trying to do some work out in the garage, I took a thermometer out there yesterday, at the time, it was 113 outside, and 106 in the garage. I'll try to get something done early enough today, everything is cut, I just need to assemble and glue.

Well, a early start for me, breakfast with a friend, hit Walmart on the way home, then lock the doors behind me when I get back 'cause it's going to be 117 later today. Take care everyone, stay cool as best you can and by all means, stay safe....