The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=9237)

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 08-16-2023

Good morning, still not much to talk about, temps still high for a few more days, then back to normal, even in the 90's and rain this weekend. I really don't take that as gospel, they haven't been right in a very long time. Yeah, watching the news last night and they set out their, "storm trackers", vehicles with cameras to keep us abreast of the storm damage. They should have kept them in the garage, we got some rain on the east side, a few spots had some nice downpours, but for the most part, another bust.

Gas is up here, Costco just went to $4.05, others from $4.19 and that one station up on US60, $5.49. Those folks should be arrested for price gouging.

Get a massage and a chiropractic adjustment this morning, gotta make me feel better. That 24-hour flu thing lasts more than 24 hours. Feeling better this morning, but a bit hungover.

Take care everyone, stay cool and have a great day....

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 08-16-2023

Hello Blue
Yesterday was a gloomy one. Not much rain for us but cloudy all day. We have blue sky and 80 for this Wednesday. It seems like our summer days are sure slipping away in overdrive. Lunch with some of the wifes HS classmates yesterday, also had a large pine tree cut down. I coulda slowly done the job but no way to get rid of the sticky wood so having the pros do it was the best way. Got no plans for today.
S.J.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 08-17-2023

Greetings, gang.

Clear and again cool this morning at 69 degrees. only the mid to upper 70s for a high today. Hot weather arrives Saturday for the next week or so with highs predicted to be in the mid to upper 90s all week.

I did get a couple of minor outdoor chores done yesterday and more needs to be done today. I need to take down a tree that's growing in the bushes surrounding the back yard. It's a volunteer mulberry tree about 15 feet tall. I'll cut it into 4 foot lengths and haul it off to the yard waste site along with some other stuff. With the cool weather it will be a nice day for outdoor activities.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 08-17-2023

Good morning all, hard night, had thunder and lightning all night but didn't actually rain until about 3:30 this morning, and then not a whole lot. We'll take what we can get. Suppose to be cool and wet over the weekend from a tropical storm coming in from the Gulf. We'll see, they keep reducing the chances, was up to 60%, not more like 30 'cause it might just blow to the west of us.

Gigantic jump in gas prices, everyone is over $4.00, Costco/Sam's both at $4.09, Safeway was $4.49 last night, no telling what this morning.

The good news is that I don't have the 24-hour creeping crud like I thought. The bad news is that I have something else, most likely a sinus infection. Got really lucky yesterday, must have had some divine help, called the doctor at 1:30, got an appointment for 2:40, had blood tests in the lab and X-rays down in the imaging place and was heading home around 3:30. Almost like the good old days where they took care of you personally. Test results should be back today.

Get my stitches out today and, after more than a month, the plumber finally got the replacement single-handle faucet and will install it today.

That's it for now, hope everyone has a fine day today, ya all stay safe....

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 08-18-2023

Greetings, gang.

51 now going to maybe 81 this afternoon. 96 for tomorrow. Mid to upper 90s into next week.

Actually had a pretty good day yesterday. Played Paul Bunyan* and took down a tree. It was about a 15 foot volunteer mulberry tree that was growing up in the bushes around the back yard. Got it cut up and along with some leaves hauled it all off to the yard waste disposal site. Stopped at Walmart and picked up oil and filter for the car. Also on the way home I picked up a new filter for the furnace. Got the oil changed and the filter put in. After lunch I went to the local ReStore (they empty out old houses and sell things like old door knobs, doors, furniture, and myriad (I do like that word but seldom get to use it) other items). I found a latch for a door I'm going to install. I'll be able to use the original (probably 70 or more year old) door knob. They also have the striker plates but I didn't have the measurements with me. Guess I'll have to go back. Oh, darn!

On tap for today are a trip to the gym and mowing the lawn. If I mow today I shouldn't have to mow again for another week and by then hopefully the weather will cool down again.

Gas price was down another nickle yesterday to $3.69 with Walmart/Murphy Oil at $3.67.

All Stay safe.

Tom

* en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Bunyan for those not familiar with American folklore.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 08-18-2023

Good morning, early, even for me but woke up around 3:00, so I got up. I noticed that our official "no rain" streak is over. Yup, they got a whopping, 0.02" at the airport last night. This weekend should be, repeat, should be wetter and much cooler. Yesterday the low was 92, tomorrow, that will be close to the high.

Speaking of high, I filled up at Costco yesterday morning for $4.09 and saw the tanker truck there. Sure enough, gas went to $4.19. It's getting out of sorts and I'm sure we'll be back to $5.00 a gallon soon.

I was going to send a text to someone and found I could not until I put them in my "contact" list, how stupid is that? I wound up just calling them, isn't that what a phone is for anyway?

Moved my massage and adjustment to today, really hope they help, been feeling a bit under the weather the past few days.

Take care and enjoy the weekend.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - OBJack - 08-19-2023

Good Morning to those on the other side, I haven't been here for quite some time so thought I would drop in and say hello.

Nice to see all the same faces are still here.

I see a bit of talk about fuel prices in the States, let it be known I travelled 1000km to Perth and back (our State capital) last week and the "Normal Price Cycle", whatever the means, for fuel was AU$2.12 a litre. I reckon that computes out at about $4.48/gal  Icon_e_biggrin   So pretty much on a par at the moment, and it certainly hurts the hip pocket.

We just had a little taste of Spring today, so our daily walk to the beach was a joy, its been a while since it was this pleasant.

219  Jack

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 08-19-2023

Greetings, gang.

64 going to 94. That's the lowest high for the next several day. Could be over 100 a couple days next week but it will not be like Don's dry heat. Humidity will probably be in at least the 30-40% range. No rain in sight.

Yesterday was another productive day. Decent workout at the gym followed by stops at the grocery store and ReStore where I found what I was looking for. After lunch I got the year mowed and sidewalks cleaned. Tried running trains for a while but Nothing wanted to stay on the track so I gave up on that.

We all have seen stores rushing the next holiday season. The people across the street have taken it to a new level. Earlier this week the started putting up Halloween decorations.

Jack - good to hear from you again. Some pretty spectacular views.

Gas dropped another 3 cent to $3.66 yesterday.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 08-19-2023

Good morning all, good to see you again Jack. Really beautiful scenery, starting to warm up for you guys. For us, today should be in the mid-90's possibly rain. Hurricane Hillery is about 800 miles to the south of us, but is heading more towards California than Arizona, so we'll see what we get. No rain yesterday even though it was on the schedule...

Tom, we should just mail you guys money every week instead of playing games with gas prices. You're down three cents, we're up another dime. Costco is up to $4.29, we're heading to $5.00 quite soon.

Have a friend that his son caught some bluefin tuna and he gave me a large portion. First time cooking tuna but it came out just about picture perfect. Gorden Ramsey might have berated me for cooking it 20 seconds too long, but it was delicious. Still got some in the freezer.

Just going to take it easy for the next few days, still not over what it is that I have, but us old folk take a lot longer to heal than we used to.

Take care everyone and stay clear of any nasty weather.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 08-19-2023

Hello Blue
Sun and 80 for today. No wildfire smoke, sky is a beautiful blue.
Went to our club last night for some chit-chat and train running.
The Woodward Dream Cruise is today. We crossed Woodward last night, lots of cars and people still out there after dark. Woodward was bumper to bumper as far down the avenue as I could see.
Did some laundry this morning while sipping coffee and watching Looney Toons.
S.J.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Charlie B - 08-19-2023

Good evening folks.

I worked on a locomotive decoder install. Another Athearn FP45. Installing the lights is what really slows things down because I am using SMD LEDs in this one and it will take an overnight to let the glue that holds them to the lens set up. I had to use weld bond. For some reason super glue won't do it.
       Tom, we are still waiting for more pictures of the Backyard Southern.  
       Don I am glad you got that fresh tuna. I don't care for tuna at all, and salmon is one step below that. We went salmon fishing in New York 40 years ago. I was told fresh salmon had a better taste. It was still too strong to suit me. I prefer Bass or pike or perch is a treat too. 
       Glad to here from Peter too. 
       We had a nice day today and a better one coming tomorrow. We woke up ton 49 ° this morning so AC has not been needed all day. The dogs love it. 

Charlie

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - davidstrains - 08-19-2023

Hi everyone, Just getting back to the forum. Mentioned in another section that I dropped out 2007-2008-ish after I lost my train room to grandkids. Looking to build a shelf layout to run a few trains.  I will probably need some help updating myself on track planning, DCC, wiring, etc. Talk later.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 08-19-2023

I managed a trip to the train shop today. I got thin ACC and a tin of paint. I had my hand on a packet of diaphragms but then noticed the N in the corner. The store is going to re-hang them in the proper section.
We were going to go on to an outlet mall in Niagara but there seemed to be a major backup on the highway so we went to a craft shop instead.
Yesterday the temperature dropped to the point that SWMBO was wondering about the furnace. It's back up today.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 08-20-2023

Good morning all, well so far Hurricane Hillery has not caused any significant weather here, temps were in the mid-90's, no rain, no wind. We have a "marginal" chance of a storm later today. California is going to get the brunt of it, so we wish them the best.

Charlie, the tuna had a very mild flavor, not what I expected, and not very flaky either. Think medium-rare steak.

Glad to see we've got some old friends returning. Stick around, keep us updated on your progress and just stop by to chat if nothing more.

Y'all have a pleasant day, have fun but stay safe.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Charlie B - 08-20-2023

Good morning everyone.
       It is a very pleasant morning here with the temperature at 62° heading for 85. No rain forecast. 

Mowing was cut short (No pun intended) by a broken mower deck belt.  I thought I had that problem solved but at least this one lasted 2 years. I will have to try some more adjustment on the deck to keep it in line. 

David, it is great to have you back on board. I will watch your progress. 

I talked to Wayne last week and all is well with him, just very busy with modeling projects, he will be more active very soon. 

Our fur kid is showing a lot of improvement with the treatments she is getting. Next one is tomorrow. She will be 14 Nov. 9th. 

Cheers
Charlie