The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=9237)

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 02-21-2021

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 25 outside my window this morning headed for snowy and 32. 3-5 inches of snow showing up in the weather service crystal ball.

Made it to Walmart yesterday morning and thought I found some new gym shorts. Got home and realized they don't have an elastic waist band so they'll be going back next week. Also checked the oil on my son's car. Oil level was good but it definitely needs to be changed. I'll do that next week. Only activities for today will be snow removal and the construction of a pot of chili.

Tom - sounds like the school district has it head in a very dark smelly place.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 02-21-2021

Good morning friends and neighbors. Well, some of you can be my neighbors if I consider a 150 mile radius as my neighborhood. Icon_rolleyes 

Temps outside around 50, heading to the mid-70's. Just about the same all week.

Don't know if anyone is up to another video chat, the last one didn't work out too well, just me and Lutz for a while. Think about it, I'll post something in the video chat forum to see if it's worthwhile scheduling.

For me, a little woodworking, a little scratchbuilding and some resting in between.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 02-21-2021

"On the road again." Good interview with Willie this AM on Today. 35 and windy. Wind chill!! Sunny and sitting in the sun is warm.

Lots of finger pointing in TEXAS. News wants to say "climate change" caused the ice and cold. Then renewable energy was not the problem. Personal view. All forms failed due to poor administration.

SisterIL and hubby coming for roast around 4. Wifey and SiterIL gone shopping. undefined Guess her hubby will drive here later. I crockpoting the roast, potatoes, onions and carrots. Wifey dumped in cream of mushroom soup. ?? Says brown gravy later.

New fancy frig coming tomorrow AM. Guess who has to get all the ice chest ready and inside?

Feel fine today. Slept late.

Stay well and warm.

OMG: got call from Wifey and SiterIL. We are driving to Louisburg [SisterIL's] for ribs. Make a plan and stick to it. undefined Turning crockpot to low.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - tompm - 02-21-2021

Good afternoon folks

It is bright and sunny again with a temperature of 34 which they say will be the high for the day. All forms of precipitation for tomorrow starting with snow and ending with rain with everything else in between. The Winter Weather Advisories have started as Chester County, the county to our west is now under one.

No layout work yesterday. I might have overdone it a little on Friday with the foam removal. We had to do some emergency repairs to the cat tree in the living room. The tallest and most used perch came loose and had to be reattached. I feel not as stiff today so maybe I will get some work done. I do have a pharmacy run and possible grocery store trip to make.

I hope everybody has a good day.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 02-22-2021

Good morning everyone, rise and shine, a new week has begun, well, actually that was yesterday, but most working folks think it starts on Monday. Me, there's little difference, church on Sundays (now days virtual), medical appointments during the week (also some virtual).

It's been many, many years since we lived in Texas, I remember outside pipes being frozen in the winter at our house in Houston, now I guess the whole house would be frozen. My prayers go out to everyone affected by these storms.

Not much going on today, no appointments until tomorrow, got time to work on my two train projects and that's about it. Still a bit tired with a slight headache from that last Covid-19 vaccine shot. it's only been a few days, so I'll give it time. The first one was easy-peasy, like Frank, just a bit light headed for a short time. As for the weather here, I checked four different forecasts and the only thing they agree on  is there's a chance of rain this coming weekend, so as usual, we'll just wait and see.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 02-22-2021

Happy National Margarita Day, gang.

17 and sunny at the moment headed for near 40 and sunny. Lots of melting.

Yesterday's 3-5 inches of snow magically became 8 inches of fluffy white. Temperature was cold enough that the snow blower handled it easily. The snow plow had been through a couple of times so I'll be out cleaning off the ends of the sidewalk and driveway. Only other project for today will be to water the house plants. Gas price dropped 3 cents over the weekend so I filled the tank so as to keep the big oil companies in business. Also need to call my son's internet provider. I called them in January and they claimed the service was disconnected. Now they say I owe 2 months worth.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - tompm - 02-22-2021

Good morning folks

It is 30 heading up to 37. They say there will be snow, rain, sleet, and who knows what else.

I had another good day yesterday. I finished the framework for the layout widening. After some clean up it will be time to start laying pink foam.

I need to run to the produce store and the grocery store. I should also hit the hardware store. I need to get more wood screws. After the layout work, I am down to my last six screws. I like to buy the big pack and Home Depot did not have them the other day.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 02-22-2021

44 and warming fast.  Rain later today. Lowes delivery of frig. Scheduled for 8 to 12 today. We got call several days ago as Wifey chatted on the phone [ID'd on TV screen]. No more word. So she calls today. Doesn't tell them who she is. Says we are scheduled for a frig delivery today. They tell her 1 to 5. She says thank you and hangs up. What did they say. 1 to 5. You didn't tell them we delayed the delivery for several days to get this time frame. No, you can call them back and argue if you want to. Shake my head and walk out of the room. Why did I get up early and cook sausage biscuits to be sure I was out of the way? 

Wifey qualifies for the new phase of virus shots. Will not sign up. Like a kid, scared of shots.

Stay safe and well.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 02-22-2021

Hello Blue
Some snow overnight turned to rain at 36 degrees.
Got a call from our tax man this morning, he had a cancel so we took it. I like early then it's done .
S.J.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 02-22-2021

59 degrees  2285_

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 02-23-2021

Good morning everyone, we're at around 50 right now, but it's not even 5:00 yet, over two hours before sunrise. We got to 82 yesterday, should be the same for a few days before it could rain and temps dropping into the 60's. Still got guys hanging around outside practices fields waiting to catch a fly ball. Still don't know if there'll be any Spring Training games played with spectators in the stand. Folks are still waiting to get refunds from last year's canceled games. TV news showed some woman that bought tickets on the Internet for around $350, they told her to go on the Internet to get her money back. Sounds logical, but she's fussing with the team, not the place she bought them from. Did I not see something about the NY Nicks charging $5,000 to see a game? They said it includes dinner and drinks though. Now you see why I'm not a sports fan. Icon_rolleyes

Got appointments today and a long shopping list at the grocery store. Out of just about everything but canned soup....

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 02-23-2021

Greetings, gang.

Hazy and 26 and the weather service is saying we're headed for clear and 42. A quick look out the window shows clouds building in from the west. Not sure if the weather service ever looks out the window. Lots of melting yesterday and more on tap for the remainder of the week. Highs above freezing until next Monday. Should get rid of a lot of snow.

Ran the snow blower yesterday morning after the plow had been through overnight. When I got back from the gym the plow had been through again so I had to redo it all. Also got a call from my son's other bank. All document passed their inspection. All bank accounts now closed. Next up is to get a recall repair which will take place tomorrow. Only other item is to change the oil on his car. I'll do that sometime this week while the weather is nice. Not sure what happened by my mail got deliver at about 7:30 last night. The carrier was reading the envelopes by flashlight. Nothing major planned for today.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - tompm - 02-23-2021

Good morning folks

It is 34 going up to 43. Hopefully that will melt some of the snow. Last night they said there would be no precipitation but now that are saying a 40% chance.

I got things cleaned up around the layout and moved the salvaged foam off the boards. I placed a new foam board down and then stared at it for some time. It was time well spent as I figured out how I am going to place the new foam. The 1-inch boards are pre-scored for breaking into quarters. I need one and a half boards to cover the plywood and framing. This will give me 72-inch width. There will be a 1-inch overhang on each side.

Knowing this I figured out how many more boards I needed. I then placed an order with Home Depot. Not thrilled about the delivery charge but I do not have a vehicle or access to vehicle large enough to transport them. They will be delivered tomorrow.

I did not get out yesterday. I just did not feel like dealing with idiot drivers in the snow. Today I need to visit the produce store, and the grocery store.

Off to do a few chores.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 02-23-2021

48 and sunny. Going into the 60's. Haircut day.

Frig sold. Actually feel bad. Lady was emailing me late last night. I want it. OK, call me. "My husband will call tomorrow to get directions." No word this AM. Emailed her and no answer. Got one a few minutes ago. She is a nurse and why emailing me after midnight. She's upset. Husband didn't call. This guy hadn't had a frig in a month. Lives 5 miles from me. Just drove out with it. Got cash.  Still feel bad for nurse. 

New one is great [should be as cost about twice what the old one did].

Already 50. Dogs happy. In fence playing.

Have a good one. 

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 02-23-2021

Got a Christmas Card from a Town Board member today. Yes, mailed Dec. 17, 2020 in Rolesville. This is no joke.