The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=9237)

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 08-27-2023

Good morning, nice day yesterday, only 113, should be 114 tomorrow and Tuesday. Not a drop of rain, even the monsoon winds are gone. I see water in the street but that's just from a neighbor that hasn't fixed a leak in his dribbler system. I have had them bust in the past and it looks like a fountain. I don't turn ours on in this house since it has 100% desert plants and they're on their own. No grass either, lots of weeds though.

Got two appointments this week, then nothing on the calendar until the end of the month. I may decide to take a trip somewhere....

Nothing extraordinary going on here, the gas station near me is now 2 cents below Costco and Sam's at $4.25, I don't know how long that will last but I just might fill up today.

I hope everyone has a very pleasant week with enough time to do what you like, rather than what you have to...

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Charlie B - 08-27-2023

Good morning. 
     David, it sounds like you had an enjoyable trip and hot dogs and corn on the cob are favorites here. 

We have a cool morning and clouds. I am hoping it dries out so I can mow at least the back yard. 

the house feels empty this morning without our white bundle of fur and our border collie is missing her too. 

I have a few projects I can do if the mood strikes me, My self starter mode appears to have a weak battery. Perhaps it will recharge with another cup of coffee. 

Don, I hope you guys get some useable rain, not just flash flooding when it hits. A good soaker would go a long way for most parts of the country.

Charlie

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 08-28-2023

Good morning all, another new week, another round of searing heat, 114 yesterday, TV lady says 116 for the next couple of days. We had a few showers on the east side, they always seem to stay there. When we lived on the east side, the showers always seem to be on the west side. Go figure. I tell Pat that we carry an anti-rain dome with us no matter where we go.

Got a easy week, two early morning appointments and and empty dance card through the end of September. 

That's it, the usual shootings, robberies, police chases and road rage incidents for the weekend. Wouldn't it be great if all the bad folks took a break for a few days. Oh yeah, all this heat and a few dumb-dumbs decide to hike the trails and of course, needed to be rescued. The trails are closed to animals at 100, and to humans at 110, with huge warning signs that many folks don't pay attention to.

Take care and have an enjoyable and safe week...

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 08-28-2023

Greetings, gang.

Cool but clear this morning. 60 now maybe going to 85 later on. No rain in sight for at least the next week.

Pretty quiet day yesterday. I watched the F1 race which was alternately boring and exciting. When the track was dry the race was boring but when the very heavy rains started it got much more interesting. Only thing on the agenda for today is a trip to the gym.

Gas down again to $3.45. Unfortunately the 91 octane for my car was $4.00. Just over $50 to fill the tank Saturday.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 08-28-2023

Hello Blue
Sun and 75 for today.
My weekend was good and bad. 
We took our clubs modular layout to northern Mi. for a display on Saturday. Ok that was great but by evening I was having lower back pain. By midnight I suspected a kidney stone and headed back home to our local hospital. Got there about 3am. I was right, it's a 7mm stone, still there. I went to surgery for a stent, it relived the pressure but I still have to deal with the stone. Waiting for a return call from doc's office for appointment.
S.J.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 08-29-2023

Good morning good people of Big Blue, I don't feel much like complaining about the weather seeing how those folks in Florida are about to get beat up, but yesterday was hot... it hit 117, four degrees above the old record. I turned on the cold water tap and it was hot. Took a thermometer and it read, 111 for a while, then dropped to 103. The hot tap was 127, not a whole lot of difference.

Gas prices are all over the place. Saw a QT station on US60 at $4.75, a mile away was an ARCO at $4.25. Crazy....

Not much to do today, feeling better so I just might do something that requires energy. I have a few sink drains I want to change out to the push-push type, I could start doing those. Could even work on the layout a bit.... choices, choices...

Take care, have a great day and stay safe...

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Charlie B - 08-29-2023

Good evening all
        I got my AC unit installed in the train barn yesterday and so far today I have dropped the mower deck on the lawn mower for a belt replacement, I sharpened the blades (4 years old) but I could not believe how good they still looked. They have cut a lot of grass I have everything back together and all I need is to hook up the lifting bars but my back says stop now or you won't move for a week. 20 minutes in the morning and then i can mow. 

Showers are possible tonight. 

No train work today, an early bed is quite possible The ibuprofen and the Tylenol are starting to kick in. 

Cheers
Charlie

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 08-29-2023

After our visitors reported on their visit to Point Pelee, Dayle wondered if we could make it in a day trip.
By the map, we would go 251 km (2 1/2 hours) down the 401 then turn south for 30 or 40 miles.
For a check, I turned on the old Streets and Trips software. This gave me trip of 2 days and some hours.
Their suggested route was around south of Lake Erie, past Cleveland, then take a ferry to Pelee Island and another ferry to the north shore. The return trip started with the same two ferries, then around through Detroit to get back home.
Point Pelee is the southernmost, mainland point in Canada. Pelee Island is halfway across the lake. It seems to line up with the southern border of Michigan and possibly the southern borders of Oregon and Idaho. It is a wonderful migratory bird watching spot.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 08-30-2023

Good morning all, I have a friend in Ft. Myers Florida who says she was missed by the hurricane this morning. She got it so bad last time that she's still making repairs. Prayers for all those in it's path, it's up to a category 4 now.

They got it right yesterday, it reached 116 as forecast, yet another record broken. Got all the way down to 93, yup, another record. I see some rain scheduled for Friday, I'm hoping they get that one right....

The gas station near me went from $4.27 to $4.49 yesterday, they are going to blame the Florida hurricane for rising gas prices here, that's what the TV lady said yesterday. Well, not in those words....

That's it, today's forecast is 110, we are one day away from breaking the 110+ record of 53 days. It's 97 in my garage, no woodworking projects today, got some stuff I can do inside. I hope everyone has a good day today, enjoy.

BTW, Flatt Bear is 10 years old today, stop by and leave Pat a message if you can. Flatt Bear

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Charlie B - 08-30-2023

Good morning
       I was up at 7 this morning and first thing I applied a liberal amount of icy hot to my back. I am sitting with a sweater on waiting for the hot part to kick in. The darned stuff makes my back feel like I am in a tub of ice and I am ready for some heat, and by the way, it is 61 degrees here this morning. I hope to get back to finish the mower and cut grass. 

Prayers are offered for those in need.  

Charlie

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 08-30-2023

Hello Blue
Cloudy. 56/69 for the day, warming through the week.
S.J.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 08-31-2023

Greetings, gang.

60 and maybe 80ish later. Heat starts tomorrow and lasts well into next week. Looks like I'll have to run my a/c for a third week this summer.

Quiet day yesterday. Need to do some shopping early this morning. Working on modifying a door to use the old hardware that came off the previous door. The previous door had a full length mirror mounted on it because the wife of a previous owner became ill and was unable to climb the stairs. A grandson helped me remove the original door and cut off the excess wood. We then mounted the door on the wall at the bottom of the stairs. I have the new door almost ready to hang.

Prayers for those in the path of the storm.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 08-31-2023

Good morning all, so much cooler this morning. Yesterday's low was 93, right now it's down to a balmy 90. "A stray shower or thunderstorm is possible", says the forecast, better chance in the evening. Still, most of those come in from the southeast and stay there. Still, we're fortunate that we aren't in the middle of a hurricane here. Prayers for those who are.

Nothing else happening worth talking about. Today is an open day, do as I want, so we'll see.

Take care and enjoy the day.....

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Charlie B - 08-31-2023

Good morning.
       It's a nice day here. we are still below 70 and it is almost 1PM. 

I finished a few minor things on the train barn AC so it is ready for the 90 degrees predicted this week end. The room is not hard to heat or AC because it is air tight and well insulated.  

I had a tech problem that has begun a couple days ago. Out TV has decided that we don't need to watch over the antenna and has updated the firmware so we can't access the antenna port directly, we have to use their app and can only receive what the tv wants us to.....that does not bode well for the TV.  I am still smarter than a smart TV.  I did a factory reset and now it can't go on line to get the firmware updates. We can still stream because we use a Roku and now we have all of our digital channels back which are more than enough to please us. we get over 60 channels with various content and our favorite is MeTV that runs all the good old shows. We can get Acorn and britbox with the Roku. In fact it is time for Gunsmoke so I am heading to see who Marshall Dillion has to gun today. 

Cheers
        Charlie

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 09-01-2023

Good morning good people of Big Blue, whoopee, we had a storm come though last night, not a heck of a lot, but it did rain. Now, here's something you don't see very often, but the Weather Channel shows a 100% chance of rain for this morning, 53% tonight and temps down more than 20 degrees to 88. It's September, why not.

Got an appointment this morning, then I think I'll hit Harbor Freight, they have a few things I can use that have sales coupons. I'm still trying to make up for all the tools that I sold, gave away or were stolen when we moved around a few years ago. Got to start thinking about Christmas, the past two years I've made most of my presents, haven't a clue what to make this year, but I enjoy doing it and they enjoy the gift of my labor.

That's all for now, gotta get to Costco this morning before gas prices go up again. They're still at $4.35, 14 cents down from most others.

I hope everyone has a nice weekend planned, some fun, relax, and do things you like. Take care and stay safe....