The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=9237)

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 09-01-2023

Happy September, gang.

61 now but the heat will start building as the day progresses. Upper 80s today and then the 90s thru next Tuesday before it starts to cool down again.

Welcome to Labor day weekend and the unofficial end of summer. Don't know about you but I don't have anything planned. With the heat expected I don't even plan to cook outside. Just too darn hot. I'll be turning the a/c on tomorrow and that will mark the third week this summer that I have to run it. Not much else to report.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Charlie B - 09-01-2023

Good morning. 
        We had a nippy 47 degrees at 6 this morning and it still is a cool 65 at 10:30.  Grass to cut again, it's been a never ending battle this summer. I also need to spray the drive for weeds again which should last the winter.  I have a tank sprayer with a 12 volt pump so it doesn't take long. I mix the [color=#4d5156][font=Roboto, arial, sans-serif]glyphosate-based herbicide concentrate to 1% so 2.5 gallon lasted about 11 years. I had to get more last fall and it was at a high price (99.00) but has come down this year. I probably have enough to last my lifetime. it takes 8 oz per spray (6.25 gallons). 

I hope every one has a great week end.
Charlie

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - tompm - 09-01-2023

Good morning folks

It is currently 67 on its way to 77.

It has been a week for the books. I had to see the doctor for a pre-op visit prior to getting an injection in my back next Friday. The pain has reached the point where I need some relief. The next day it was a visit to the podiatrist to have a corn removed from the bottom of my foot. What a difference that has made. I have gone from almost constant pain in my left foot to nothing. Now some other aches and pains have returned.

The trip to Rehoboth Beach, DE was a well needed break. We had several good meals and spent some time out in the ocean air. We did not venture into the ocean, but we did make use of the hotel pool.

I have begun wiring the second half of the layout. Thus far I have one curve partially done. My recent doctors’ visits have impeded my progress. I am hoping this weekend to make more progress and maybe even finish the wiring.

Not much planned for this weekend. Perhaps try to catch up on some laundry. I have to get propane for the grill so we can use it over the weekend. I may have to do some shopping at some point.

Along with the wiring I am tacking down the track and roadbed. If all goes well, I hope to run some trains.

Charlie sorry to hear about your furbaby.

I hope everybody has a good day and holiday weekend.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 09-02-2023

Good morning, Saturday and of course, got an extra hour and a half in of sleep. I guess I need it or I wouldn't keep sleeping. If I don't need it, I deserve it, so that will do....

Did get a bit of rain yesterday, I missed it but Pat says we had a shower around noon giving us 0.016" total for the day. We could have some showers later today, but glory be, temps just hit 90 yesterday, that was lower than the low for the day before. It almost feels like September.

Nothing else going on, filled up at Costco yesterday, right before they jumped four cents. Have a QT that a few days ago was at $4.75, it's now down to $4.39, a penny higher than Costco. That particular QT is kind of seedy. The guy that use to own an auto repair shop across the street said he would see drug deals going down frequently, nobody seemed to hide them. It is a high traffic station for all sorts of working truckers, especially yard maintenance, I even see a garbage truck there occasionally. That's the station the guy pulled out from and wrecked my truck. BTW, the body shop still has a door trim piece on backorder from last December.

Ya all have a great day, have fun, but stay safe.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Charlie B - 09-03-2023

Good afternoon.

We started with a nice pleasant morning but the heat has moved in and the humidity is on the high side. I got a little clean up done but it will have to cool down before I proceed. I had a couple old dressers that I was using to store all my good stuff in in the train barn and I either decided it was not that important or I found a better place to hide (store) it so I knocked the dressers apart and will use the wood for a fire sometime when we are sitting around outside. It will fit my firering. 

I will probably hang out in the train barn this afternoon and do some rearranging of kits and other items 

Have a good labor day for USA folks and everyone else just stay safe. 
Charlie

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 09-03-2023

Good morning, not much going on, temps still below 100, we have tied the record for 53 days at 110 or over, we may break that record later this week. We are also heading to break the record for the least amount of rain during the monsoon season. So many other records broken this year so far that I really can't keep track.

Got a new bench grinder to replace the one I sold back when I did my tool purge. Need to assemble and mount which I will be doing as soon as I post this. It's a bit cooler out in the garage and I might spend some time out there cleaning up a bit.

For us in the US, it's Labor Day weekend, I think that means we don't labor, not sure though. Regardless of where you are, have a great day, stay safe and stay happy....

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 09-04-2023

Happy Labor Day, gang.

Pleasant at the moment but it will turn ugly later with a predicted sunny high in the mid 90s. One more hot day tomorrow then temps drop back to a more seasonal upper 70s to low 80s.

Pretty quiet weekend so far. My only project yesterdays was tending to the graves for my wife and son Major project (ok, the only project) for today is to water the house plants. Otherwise just stay indoors, watch movies, and/or read.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Charlie B - 09-04-2023

Good morning
        Happy labor day. 

It looks to be a hot and muggy one so I will limit my outside activity. The never ending mowing of the grass is in my favor for a couple days. 
 I need to make some trim for the AC I installed in the train barn and I want to cut some 4x8 polystyrene sheets into smaller sections for easier storage. I may assemble a kit or two depending on my mood. 

Stay cool, high and dry everyone. 
Charlie

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 09-04-2023

Labor Day Blue.
Sun going to 92. 
We have no special plans for the day. I had some freshly made potato salad for breakfast. Saw the muddy mess at the festival in Nevada and floods in Vegas. Hopefully the rain raised the water level a tad. Time to wax the runners on the dog sled. LOL
S.J.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 09-04-2023

Good morning all, Happy Labor Day to all that observe it. Me, I'm not into labor ever since I retired. No real good news on the weather here, suppose to get to 110+ over next weekend, I just don't know if we're being punished for having such good weather over the winter months or what.

Nothing else to report, have a great day today....

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Amalynn - 09-04-2023

Morning folks. Wrapping up a stint of medical leave after an ER scare on the road. Hoping to be back to work, soon. My carrier is trying to find a new truck for me to drive. In the meantime I’m enjoying relaxing at home with my wife and the cat. Might go fishing today.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - tompm - 09-05-2023

Good morning folks

It is currently 76. It is going to be a scorcher with a high 92. Schools in Philadelphia and my school district, Upper Darby will be closing early today due to the heat and lack of air conditioning in some of the buildings.

I had a fairly productive long weekend around the house. I got all the throw rugs in the house shampooed. I added a disposable cookie sheet under the air conditioner in our bedroom, so the water does not drip against the outside wall. I got propane for the grille and grilled dinner on Sunday. The wife harvested her herbs and was drying them in the dehydrator. My daughter drove over to Swedesboro, NJ to pick sunflowers and dahlias. The ones she brought home are huge. Everything was well except for the power outages. We had three on Sunday. First two the power was out just long enough to cause all the clocks to flash. The third one was about 45 minutes long. A tree branch fell into the wires a couple of blocks away causing a fire and the outage.

On the layout I can say I am now about three quarters done with tacking down the roadbed and track for the two main lines. I still have to connect the feeders to the main wiring. I basically have two thirds of a curve to finish. When I am done the entire two track main line will be tacked down and wired into four power districts.

Today at work it will be trying to avoid being outside for too long. After work I have an appointment with the urologist. If all goes well, I would like to get done more tacking down of the roadbed and track.

I hope everybody has a good day.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 09-05-2023

Greetings, gang.

It's currently dark and 75 degrees outside my window this morning. By tomorrow that is predicted to be the high. Today should be the last hot day of the summer at 93. If that holds true I will have run my a/c for less than 3 weeks all summer.

With the high temperature today still in the 90s I won't be doing much of anything. Checked in last night and no jury duty this week. Yay!

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 09-05-2023

(09-04-2023, 12:41 PM)Amalynn Wrote: Morning folks. Wrapping up a stint of medical leave after an ER scare on the road. Hoping to be back to work, soon. My carrier is trying to find a new truck for me to drive. In the meantime I’m enjoying relaxing at home with my wife and the cat. Might go fishing today.

Good morning all, wow, sounds like a major accident, I hope you're doing better and back to work in a new truck soon.

I'm not going to do any checks on the weather or gas prices, nothing has changed. It's still going to be hot without rain and gas will be just as high as it was a few days ago. I won't worry until it's time to fill up again.

I've been taking it easy lately, just one medical issue after another. Not anything to make me want to run to the ER, just I'd like a break for a while. I still think this unrelenting heat has a lot to do with how we feel.

I hope everyone had a great day yesterday, and try again for another one today... Y'all stay safe, ya hear....

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 09-06-2023

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 63 at the moment. Supposed to get to the mid 70s later on.

Yesterday was pretty quiet. I did get the bills paid so I can live in the house for another month so the day was not a total waste. Also moving very slowly forward on the door replacement project.. This morning it's time for some grocery shopping.

Gas price in this town is just downright goofy. Over the long weekend everywhere I went gas was at$3.56. Yesterday when I was out one station was at $3.69. Directly across the street and at all the other stations I saw it was at $3.49. I'm curious to see what it will be today. Find out whether the group caved or whether the lone holdout lowered its price.

All stay safe.

Tom