The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=9237)

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 09-22-2023

Good morning, Friday already and tomorrow bring us the first day of Fall. Yesterday felt cool, only 99, now they've got several days over 100 for next week. It's unrelenting. So are gas prices, most stations hit $5.00, the highest I see is $5.49. There are some stations below $4.50, but they're too far away to make sense to drive there.

Not much else going on this weekend, just do what I can when I can.

I hope everyone has a great weekend and a safe one a well...

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 09-22-2023

Hello Blue
Sun and 70s today.
Last time I was out gas was holding around $3.59. Eggs are down to a dollar but everything else in the grocery store keeps going up. I'm on the hospitals outpatient surgery list. Waiting to have this kidney stone and stent removed. We will start the process of getting ready for winter in the garden. Still have some plants with green maters but they will come out today. No special train news.
S.J.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - tompm - 09-22-2023

Good morning folks

It is 67 and going up to 73.

It has been a hectic week. I have been logging in a bunch of overtime. They closed a portion of the Schuylkill River Trail last week for 14 weeks. The contractor has to have it reopened by January 1, 2024. The first step is to install a 20- to 30-foot-high wood lagging wall to hold up the trail while the contractor constructs the foundations for the bulkhead walls and the walls themselves. They drilled the casings last week are installing the lagging during the day and during the overtime they are excavating for the next layer so the lagging can be installed the next day. Tonight for overtime we will be doing storm preparations as Tropical Storm Ophelia will be visiting.

I had an appointment with the cardiologist yesterday. Everything was good. I need to get an echocardiogram since it has been many, many years since my last one. If everything is fine on the echocardiogram, I don’t have to see her for a year.

The overtime and doctor’s visit killed anything getting done around the house this week. I did get to run some trains and I will post the results later.

The weekend appears to be a washout with Tropical Storm Ophelia coming by. I guess we will do some small inside home projects and/or some heavy-duty cleaning. Then there is always the laundry. I have a couple of mums to plant, and I may try to do so when I get home from work tonight.

I really need to think about what I do next on the layout since all of the mainline is tacked down and wired. I could ballast. I could work on the roads in the city. I could build another structure. I have some cars to tune up and some new Accurail kits to build.

I hope everybody has a good day.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 09-23-2023

Happy Fall, gang!

64 and somewhat foggy this morning in the remote reaches of northern Iowa. Good chances for rain for the next 36 hours with highs in the 70s and lows in the 60s. I got almost a half inch of a slow steady rain yesterday.

Speaking of rain (I was. Pay attention!) I forgot to put a bill payment out for the mailman yesterday so I took the pollution solution vehicle to drop the payment in a mailbox. It looked like it had quit raining (no ripples in the puddles) but the streets were still pretty wet. No problem, I though. Wrong! The back fender on my bike apparently wasn't long enough to prevent a mud stripe on the back of my shirt. A new fender is on the way from Amazon.

Gas price was down again to $3.57. Of course I still have over 3/4 of a tank. I will need to fill the tank about 7 seconds after the price skyrockets again.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 09-23-2023

Good morning all, yup, Saturday, got up, saw I didn't oversleep and went back to bed, got 9 1/2 hours in. Today is indeed the first day of fall and yes, we only hit 99 yesterday but the weather lady on TV says we'll be in the 100's all next week. We really must have made Mother Nature mad at us for whatever reason.

I might have mentioned that I got a bill for running though a toll booth somewhere in Washington state without paying. $3.20, but I did dispute it on their website, hadn't been in Washington in over 50 years and my truck has never been out of Arizona since I bought it new. I checked it the other day and by golly, I now owed $8.20 including late fees, but I could no longer dispute the charges, so I had to call them. I'll be darned if I'm going to pay for someone else's crime I don't care if it was only a dollar. Just a few minutes on hold, the nice lady asked me a few questions including my license plate, I said, "EZDAYS", she said, "the vehicle in question has EZDAYZ plates, not even yours". Charges dismissed.... I checked the website later and sure enough, I own nothing. I'm sure they're going to spend another few hundred to find the culprit.

That's my story for today, y'all have a great weekend, watch football, mow the lawn, sip pina coladas, whatever floats your boat. Have fun but stay safe....

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Charlie B - 09-23-2023

Good evening
       The last major east coast storm didn't get far enough west to drop some rain and we could use it. I am sorry for Tom and his project, I went through the same thing with water and flooding when we were building the hydro plant in Beaver Falls. I even missed my surprise 25th anniversary party due to water at the job sight. 

We went to the shelter to drop off some blankets yesterday and came home with a 9 month old Lab. She is so far beyond being good. She slept in a crate last night and the only sound she made was her tail hitting the sides when I went to check on her. She has instantly bonded with our male border collie. They had a wild morning playing in the yard and slept the remainder of the day. I doubt she has had much exercise for the last 4 months in the shelter.         

It's after 8PM  here  and I want to work in the train room but I think I will nap for a while. I can stay out there all night if I want to, and sometimes that works out well.

Nothing else going on so cheers everyone

Charlie

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 09-24-2023

Good morning all, It's Sunday, lots more football today, I think they're still playing baseball, don't keep up with that ever since the Dodgers left Brooklyn.

Charlie, looks like it didn't take long for that dog to settle in. What a find....

Nothing else going on, both temps and gas prices are too high, we did cool down to 96 yesterday, but should be back up into the 100's for most of  the week. Most stations at $4.99, a few lower, and some up to $4.39. We are switching from summer to winter blend which is suppose to bring prices down, someone needs to go to jail for collusion and price gouging....

Take care, enjoy the day and stay safe...

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 09-25-2023

Greetings, gang.

56 and clear going to maybe the low 70s. Slight chance for rain late this afternoon and evening.

Pretty quiet day yesterday. Went to a football game for one of the great grandkids. Watched a rather boring F1 race in the morning. Today is a trip to the gym and maybe a visit to Menards.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 09-25-2023

Good morning all, yet another Monday and the last few days of September. Cannot believe how quickly the days go by.

Nothing to report here, we had the usual violence over the weekend, car thefts, police chases, shootings, drive-bys and football. Plus some legal thievery such as gas prices.

Don't know if anyone here is affected by the storms back east, but prayers for those that are.

Take care, have a great week and be happy...

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Charlie B - 09-25-2023

Good morning.
      It's a cool 54 here with very light rain. I have a few inside jobs to do so the rain can stay. We need it badly. 

The new pup is a fast learner. She is a keeper for sure. All of the feral cats I had fixed are still hanging around. They are cleaning up the chipmunks and field mice but 6 cats hanging around are 5 too many. Wink

NS is building a training center for first responders in East Palestine. This is just across the tracks from my last house that my son bought. So far NS has spent over 899 million with the clean up and nice things they are doing to buy friends. They are going to rebuild and donate the freight station to the city.  They paid for a 4.8 million dollar carbon filtration system for the city water supply (which is supplied by wells 2 miles west of the derailment ) and 25 million for upgrading the city park. 

TomPM  stay out of the water Wink  Nothing else to report  

Charlie

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 09-25-2023

Hello Blue
Clouds and sun this morning. 64/69 for the day with shower in the forecast all week. Was still dark when I woke at 7 this morning.
The veggie garden is just a memory now. Annual flowers are still blooming though.
My fav Buckeyes squeaked a win Saturday and the Lowly Lions won yesterday.
My wife brought home some fresh cider and donuts they had after service Sunday. I had forgotten how good those cider mill donuts were. But boy they are good. 
S.J.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 09-25-2023

Today I went to renew my health card and driver's licence. Both expire on my birthday, the week before Christmas.
I arrived there at 9:01 according to my parking card and I was out of there about 9:30. Only about half the chairs were occupied.
The government has stopped mailing out reminders and apparently there has been a drop-off in renewals.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 09-26-2023

Good morning folks, rubber stamp Tuesday, temps around 104, gas still $5.00 and no rain in the forecast. That's it, getting kind of boring. Well, I did see something on the rain gauge map. There was one shower at the top of the White Tank Mountains, almost an inch. That's just a few miles from my house, but not a drop anywhere else in the entire valley. Crazy huh?

Not much else worth discussing, I still don't have enough stamina to get back to my layout, I start to clear off an area to work on, and just think, "maybe tomorrow", and go relax. I do have an ENT appointment this mornings, his claim to fame is he has a non-surgical approach to clearing the sinuses. That just went on my list of things to get done.

I hope everyone is doing well, enjoy the day....

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 09-26-2023

Greetings, gang.

Foggy and 57 outside my window this morning. Supposed to clear off and get to maybe 70.

Pretty quiet day yesterday. I managed to cut my thumb on Sunday and figured it would be healed up enough to to go to the pool yesterday. Managed to knock the cut open again so that was off the table. Didn't want to attract sharks while swimming.

Got a call late yesterday afternoon from a neighbor. The husband of an acquaintance of hers was buying stuff in an attempt to start a hobby shop here in town. Then he passed away and she has about 500 pieces of HO rolling stock in her basement. I have no need for it but I know a couple of other modelers in town who might be able to come up with something. Also have a couple of other options for disposing of it. It's mostly new but with some old Athearn blue box kits included.

Gas was down to $3.49 yesterday when I was out and about.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 09-27-2023

Good morning all,  no change here, hit 105 yesterday, today some say 103, the TV lady says 106. Either way it's way above normal. Costco and a few other stations have dropped to $4.65, most others still at $4.99 and up. Same as the weather, way above normal.

Today is a busy day, my cleaning lady is home sick, so it's time for me to do some house chores. My big issue is cleaning up all the sawdust in the garage, it's been there since spring and it's still too hot to go out there.

That's it for now, have a great day and stay safe doing what you're doing...