The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=9237)

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Charlie B - 10-03-2023

Good Morning
       56 to start the day with a high of 84 predicted.  Cold front coming by the end of the week. We do need some rain. 

I have been doing some yard work. I have the remains of a load of dirt that I bought as top soil that I am using to fill a low spot in the back yard. I have been using my lawn tractor and cart. Last night I ran out of steam so I left the tractor and cart sit by the dirt pile. The feral kittens made a Gym of it and I watched them playing on and around it on the CCTV. It was a better show than what you find on TV.  I will finish that job this morning

Nothing else to report.  

Charlie

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 10-04-2023

Good morning good people, like Charlie, nothing exciting to talk about. Oh, one biggie, many stations have dropped gas by a whopping four cents. A few down as much as a dime. Don't know if anyone else here can remember, but the old mechanical gas pumps topped out at 99.9 cents and when gas went up over $1,00, there was panic in the streets. There were no credit card readers so they actually had to manually figure out what you owed. It seemed like within days, every station in the country had electronic pumps that could calculate up to infinity.

Temps going back up, we'll be in the low 100's again by tomorrow or Friday.

Cleaning lady shows up this morning, and that's about all that I can handle for one day. Y'all have a good one, be careful, stay safe...

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Charlie B - 10-04-2023

Good morning
     same weather today.  I have a doctor anointment at 10:30. 
      I managed to build 4 passenger train lighting keep alives last night and by golly they work. I will install them tonight. 

Cheers
Charlie

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 10-04-2023

Hello Blue
I am no longer stoned. Home from the hospital, stone and stent free.
Temp is a beautiful 81 but this might be the last 80s till spring.
Gas was $3.79, up about 20 cents.
S.J.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 10-04-2023

Days
Many decades ago, Canada was trying to metricate. The gas stations were resisting strongly. Then gas went over the 99.9 mark and suddenly all the stations converted to litres. That bit of mechanism must have been cheaper than cutting a hole in the pump to show an extra digit.
The cheapest gas in town is now 149.9 (Costco and one other).

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 10-05-2023

Greetings, gang.

Clear and 51 this morning. Supposed to get to near 70. Cooler tomorrow and Saturday with highs only in the 50s. Looks like the furnace will probably run for the first time this season.

I made a little progress on a couple of projects but of course one requires yet another trip to Menards. Probably won't happen today as the project is not time critical. There's a play being preformed by the local community theater this weekend called "The Curse of the Werewolf." It's billed as a comedy. Could be a fun evening. I'll probably go see it tomorrow night.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 10-05-2023

Good morning all, needed to fill up yesterday, Costco was $4.65 and I debated was it worth driving three miles extra when some stations had dropped a dime or more. Went anyway and they already dropped again to $4.59. We are heading in the right direction but at a much slower pace than we went up. My cleaning lady just got back from Iowa and said she could not believe the difference in gas prices. I guess I shouldn't complain, I just looked at California prices, many stations are over $6.00, now this is the state where oil is imported, pumped out of the ground and refined before shipping it to other states, so one would think that gas there would be a lot cheaper.

That's about it, temps still around 100 for a while, but tolerable. No rain in the forecast in the foreseeable future. Got a clean house yesterday, now to do my part and do a few house chores on my own.

Y'all have a great day, do something that puts a smile on your face. For me, that would be creating something, anything. That's why I like model railroading, mostly the "model" part...

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - jim currie - 10-05-2023

hi all. again been sometime since i've posted , things are about the same had to transfer to casa Grandi VA to get to see a doctor as Yuma still don't have a primary care doctor for me. as far as modeling I've been trying to finish several dpm kits with modifications the S.C. Rodotum bag and sack need to make sign and it will be done to go 5 others that are nearing completion, have done some work on 4th level on layout. other than that been gimping about . one thing to ad  last week i got up about minight to get a drink nand low and behold there were a large pair of green eyes staring in to the back arizona room door , guess what iit was ?
Jim

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 10-05-2023

(10-05-2023, 04:55 PM)jim currie Wrote: hi all. again been sometime since i've posted , things are about the same had to transfer to casa Grandi VA to get to see a doctor as Yuma still don't have a primary care doctor for me. as far as modeling I've been trying to finish several dpm kits with modifications the S.C. Rodotum bag and sack need to make sign and it will be done to go 5 others that are nearing completion, have done some work on 4th level on layout. other than that been gimping about . one thing to ad  last week i got up about minight to get a drink nand low and behold there were a large pair of green eyes staring in to the back arizona room door , guess what iit was ?
Jim

Probably the worse thing we had staring back at us was a gila monster. Did not hang around long enough to see what color it's eyes were. In your case, I'm going to guess, mountain lion...

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 10-05-2023

here, kitty, kitty, kitty...

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - jim currie - 10-05-2023

(10-05-2023, 05:43 PM)ezdays Wrote:
(10-05-2023, 04:55 PM)jim currie Wrote: hi all. again been sometime since i've posted , things are about the same had to transfer to casa Grandi VA to get to see a doctor as Yuma still don't have a primary care doctor for me. as far as modeling I've been trying to finish several dpm kits with modifications the S.C. Rodotum bag and sack need to make sign and it will be done to go 5 others that are nearing completion, have done some work on 4th level on layout. other than that been gimping about . one thing to ad  last week i got up about minight to get a drink nand low and behold there were a large pair of green eyes staring in to the back arizona room door , guess what iit was ?
Jim

Probably the worse thing we had staring back at us was a gila monster. Did not hang around long enough to see what color it's eyes were. In your case, I'm going to guess, mountain lion...
yep you got it don , from the  looks of its tracks its a yearling.that was kicked out by mama

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 10-06-2023

Hello Blue
We have sun this morning with a called Hi in the 60s.
Looks like summer is over here. Gardens are gone, leaves are falling, and the last snow drift has disappeared. 
No special plans for the day. 
S.J.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 10-06-2023

Greetings, gang.

Skies are clearing now but earlier I had 35+ mph wind, rain, and 41 degrees. Only supposed to get to the mid 50s today. This in a week that started in the 90s.

Really not much going on here. I was considering having a leaf roundup but it was canceled due to weather (and a complete lack of interest). This evening I plan to go to a play at the local community theater entitled "Curse of the Werewolf." The title sounds somewhat intimidating but with dancing penguins included it sound more like a lot of fun.

Hate to rain on your parade Don but gas price dropped again here yesterday. Down to $3.25

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Charlie B - 10-06-2023

Good morning.
       We got some needed rain overnight and it is a pleasant morning with more showers possible. 

I think working on trains will be in order today. 

We have a few cougars in the area but fish and wildlife denies it. I saw one about 30 years ago and there are pictures posted now and again of one on someones porch. We have a lot of forested land around and even big foot could hide for years. 

Have a good weekend all

Charlie

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - tompm - 10-06-2023

Good morning folks

It is 66 going up to 80.

The past few days have been perhaps the roughest days I have ever experienced at work in my entire life. On Wednesday afternoon there was an explosion involving a generator and fire that burned a construction storage trailer. Six workers were seriously burned. All six were transported to the hospital in critical condition. Four have been told they will be in the hospital for at least a month receiving treatment for their burns. The other two are in intensive care and from what I have been told very bad shape. I was not near the location of the accident as I was in the inspectors’ trailer which is a mile away doing the end of the day paperwork. I was made aware of the situation when the assistant foreman arrived asking for help. I immediately called 911. I ask for prayers for both the workers and their families.
Here is a link to a news story about the accident: https://6abc.com/manayunk-explosion-flat-rock-road-philadelphia-fire-bomb-squad/13863689/

Not much got done this week. In the earlier part of the week, we did work on some Halloween decoration. There were also a couple of doctor’s appointments. We worked on packing for our upcoming cruise next week. I did manage to get the oil changed in the car yesterday.

With everything going on nothing got done on the layout or workbench. I don’t know what if anything will get down over the weekend.

I hope everybody has a good day.