The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=9237)

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 10-06-2023

Good morning everyone, Friday again, how come so quick? We hit 100 yesterday, suppose to reach 104 today, then down to normal for a while. You said something about "rain", Charlie, I had to google it, couldn't figure out what that was. Looks like the Phoenix area got all of 0.15" since March, and none in the forecast.

It's easy to burst my bubble, we've dropped gas prices about 20 cents in the past week, but still Costco is at $4.55, many others now down to $4.79. Is it worth moving to Iowa for that? Not if I'd have to buy winter clothes, snow boots, snow tires and a snow shovel. I've lived in Arizona 70 years now and never had any of this stuff.

I know it's early, but I've started to make Christmas presents. Got to make about six of them, all different, so seeing as how time is zipping by, getting an early start is a good idea. No train stuff until I finish these projects.

Have a great and fun-filled weekend, but do it safely.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 10-07-2023

Greetings, gang.

39 and cloudy this morning. Supposed to clear off and get to the upper 50s later on. At least the wind has died down.

Had my schedule mixed up. College football at 7 last night so I'll go to the play tonight. Not much else going on. If I find some enthusiasm I may go out and round up some leaves to take to the great leave processing facility in the sky.

Gas was down another 2 cents to $3.23.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Charlie B - 10-07-2023

Good morning
        Tom, I was sorry to hear of the accident at your job site.  Burns are the worst thing to recover from. I hope all of the men come through OK. 

My grand daughters boy friend was injured in a serious industrial accident 2 years ago and has been on the mend yet there still were some issues with his health related to the accident. Sadly he passed away unexpectedly at 2AM this morning. He was a wonderful young man and we will miss having him around.

I will probably work in the train room today. I got a little done yesterday but not enough for bragging rights. 

Around here when we get a dry summer mother nature makes up with a wet snowy winter so Days, get those snow shovels ready.  Icon_e_biggrin

Charlie

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 10-07-2023

Good Saturday morning to ya all. Tom, that has to be traumatic, serious for sure. I wish the best and that they all fully recover.

Temps did hit 104 yesterday, around 100 today with "abundant sunshine", and then into the 90's for a while.

The TV lady said that we should be at around $3.25 for gas by Halloween. Well, Costco is leading the pack all over town, just dropped to $3.99, down 60 cents from just a few days ago (yeah, that's when I filled up). 35

It's Saturday, did sleep in, but I do have a busy day, but I'll take it one project at a time.

Have a great weekend and stay safe, please...

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ngauger - 10-08-2023

Tom:
I missed that story entirely..
This is the first I'm hearing of it.... Prayers for everyone involved!!

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ngauger - 10-08-2023

I had my suspicions confirmed today....
I had a 2001 Mustang, so i know what they sound like.
I was parked 2 spaces away from a brand new Mustang Mach-E and when the driver started it up, there was NO sound whatsoever.....
He backed out of his spot quiet as a mouse. Not something I would ever own!!!

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Charlie B - 10-08-2023

(10-08-2023, 06:39 PM)ngauger Wrote: I had my suspicions confirmed today....
I had a 2001 Mustang, so i know what they sound like.
I was parked 2 spaces away from a brand new Mustang Mach-E and when the driver started it up, there was NO sound whatsoever.....
He backed out of his spot quiet as a mouse.  Not something I would ever own!!!

If ya want noise, I bet those batteries are really loud when they explode.  Icon_e_biggrin
Charlie

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 10-09-2023

Good morning all and welcome to another workweek. Work for some of us may be getting paid to do something for someone else, like a big company, but for some, we're working just to make sure our lives are in order. The older you get, the harder that gets.

Aside from that, temps are still in the 100's, and no one has followed Costco's lead with gas at $3.99. Kinda makes you wonder what's going on, many stations still around $4.79.

I hope everyone has a great week, enjoy but also stay safe....

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 10-09-2023

Greetings, gang.

Under clear skies it's a brisk 35 degrees this morning with a predicted high in the low to mid 50s. Rain tomorrow night off and on through Friday.

Had a really good day yesterday. Drove to Omaha (about 3 hours away) and watched some of the great-grandkids play soccer. It was not about the soccer, it was about family time. Had a nice visit with all the kids and their parents. All that was aided by some very mild weather. A truly good day.

This morning I need to head to Menards and Walmart for some things. After that I'll start another leaf roundup. If all goes well I my get time for a swim also.

Gas price was $3.17 yesterday afternoon.

All Stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 10-09-2023

Hello Blue
We have sun this morning @ 42 degrees. Mid 50s for the week. Saturday of course was football day.
I spent Sunday with our club group. Gas is still in the $3.60/3.80 range.
S.J.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Charlie B - 10-09-2023

Good morning

It is winter here at wilderson. It is 52 degrees and I had the electric blanket on all night. It felt like 20 below but It only got to 39.

We are going to switch internet service providers. Currently we have internet only from Comcast and the speed is supposed to be up to 600 mbs. Actual speed is 282 down and 23 up.  On my T-mobile phone I get 234 down and 31.7 up.  I currently pay Comcast 76.01 and T-mobile will supply me with 5G internet for $40 a month unlimited nd no data caps.  My daughter switched and she says the service is great and one of my neighbors has it too so I think it is worth a try.  I don't care much for the cable company anyhow. Every 2 years I have to threaten to quit to get a better rate because they try to raise it to over $125. 36 bucks will buy a dozen eggs  Icon_e_biggrin

I built some flicker free light circuits for some passenger cars and it was a simple project and they work great.  Just 4 components, a capacitor, resistor, a bridge rectifier and a pot.  I think the pot can be replaced with a 1000 ohm resistor. I got all the parts from ebay and it costs about 50 cents a car.  I will do 2 more this afternoon. 

Tom, I am glad you got to see the grandkids play socker. That is a long drive but I envy you being able to do it.  

They are doing an autopsy on my grand daughters boy friend. They suspect drugs but he is clean and has been all his life. His personal doctor has been treating him for blood clots since the accident 2 years ago and my hunch is that was the cause of his sudden death as well as the last incident. He had to be revived 2 weeks ago and the police tried to treat him for an overdose. They drug tested him at the hospital and there was nothing in his system.  He was just one of the nicest young man I have ever met and we all loved him dearly.

It's time for lunch already. Seems like it has only been 4 hours since breakfast.  Icon_e_biggrin

Charlie

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - tompm - 10-09-2023

Good evening folks

It has been a nutty day and I am only now getting a chance to sit down and respond.

I had to get an X-ray of my right hip to see what has been causing the pain the last few weeks. Apparently, the femur is misshapen where it goes into the hip. Since I cannot take Motrin due to other medication, I take I am limited in what I can take for pain. Treatment options are therapy, injection, or hip replacement. We have tried therapy with little success in the past so injection is the most likely way to go. I guess I will be scheduling it for after I get home from vacation.

Getting to work was a treat. The Schuykill Expressway (I-76) was screwed up so I thought I would take Route 23. Then I found Route 23 was detoured. Then I found the detour was detoured. Once I thought I was in the clear I was detoured again. All this fun doubled my time back to work.

As far as the six workers injured last week, we have heard a little information. Four are in critical condition. The one who was injured the least will be in the hospital for at least one to two months. The other three are looking at hospital stays for up to six months. The final two are in intensive care and have undergone multiple surgeries and are under heavy sedation. We are saying prayers for them and their families.

This weekend we got most of the Halloween decorations done. I got a good amount of the laundry finished. We made trips to PetSmart, the grocery store, and the pharmacy. The pharmacy was the big issue as we needed to get my wife’s medication before our trip. One medication, mounjaro, is extremely difficult to get right now thanks to doctors improperly prescribing it for weight loss instead of its intended use which is for diabetes management which has resulted in a nationwide shortage. However, today we were finally able to come up with a solution that will give her enough through our vacation.

I did manage to put away the rolling stock pieces I wanted to. I cleaned off the workbench in preparation for the next project which I still need to select.

The next few days will be spent finishing packing and other vacation preparations.

I hope everybody has a good evening.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - jim currie - 10-09-2023

Hi all. well, its moday again (i think don't keep good track of what day it is ) still working on the buildings for Ludlow  the last 5 are nearing completion then 6 more houses  Icon_rolleyes

Charlie we just switched to T mobile and seems to work ok and its 20$ cheeper than old compamy

Tom not to offer unwelcome medical advice but you might try CBD gummies they have helped me.

other than that every one stay safe.
Jim

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 10-10-2023

Greetings, gang.

Clear and 35 in my back yard this morning. Maybe the low 60s for a high. The rain has been moved back about 12 hours. Not supposed to be here until tomorrow. Then last through Saturday.

I did get the leaves rounded up and will haul them away today. Also got everything on my shopping list plus a couple other items so 110% successful. I took the car through the car wash yesterday but it seemed like a waste of money. Still dirty on top of the trunk lid. That should be an easy place to get clean. I was considering washing it by hand but with the rain coming tomorrow why bother.

I see one of those electric Mustangs drive by the house occasionally. I'm surprised the Mustang emblem doesn't have a red face from embarrassment.

I'm (very impatiently) still waiting to get hooked up to the new city-run fiber optic network. They have the cable run to the other side of the driveway. Supposedly in the next couple of weeks they will be connecting to the house. Then when the weather turns cold they will start hooking up inside the house. What's really annoying is that across the street is in a different "cabinet" and they are getting hooked up before me. Of course that area to the north and west is filled with some rather more expensive houses. Oh, well. All part of the golden rule. Once I do get hooked up I should save about $100 a month. I'll be dropping my landline, cable and long distance carrier.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 10-10-2023

Good morning all, it's getting frustrating, another day over 100, suppose to be 96 today, but so it was the past few days and we always hit the 100+ mark.

Gas is dropping, $4.69 for a lot of stations, Costco still down there at $3.99. Just wonder, there's a Shell station with regular at $5.09 and I wonder just how many people stop and get gas there when other stations nearby are 40 cents cheaper.

That's it for now, busy doing Christmas presents, I have one finished and so I figure I'll be done with a week or two to spare. I understand that Walmart and Target are taking my que and have started to stock for the holidays. That's Christmas folks, not Halloween, not Thanksgiving, but Christmas, some 10+ weeks away.

Take care everybody, have an exciting, but safe day....