The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=9237)

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 11-01-2023

Another old timer chiming in and remembering that song!

Happy Day of the Dead, gang.

Another cool morning at 24 degrees. After several days in the 30s the temperature is supposed to be in the 40s and low 50s for the next several days, much closer to normal.

Not much to report from yesterday and today looks to be much the same. Biggest project for today is to put the phone on the charger for the week.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 11-01-2023

Hello Blue
We have sun @ 39 degrees. Some snow in the grass this morning. Other places in Michigan got a good taste of winter. It will all melt.
It's gonna be a stay home day.
S.J.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Charlie B - 11-02-2023

Good morning.
       Currently 42 heading to 48 with sunshine here. 

I didn't do much yesterday so I will do the same today. Cold air is hard to get used to.  

I did a few minor repairs to some locomotives last night and the decals I have for number boards are too large for the ALCo Centuries so I will have to make some the correct size. 

Enjoy the day
Charlie

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - tompm - 11-03-2023

Good morning folks

It is a cold 31 this morning. We are expecting a high of 56. It is low tire pressure light season.

It seems lately I only get time to post on Fridays and most Mondays these days.

I have been taking it easy since I got the injection in my hip a week ago. I am having long periods of being pain free. However, if I over do it my hip reminds me. As a result, some chores have been piling up around the house and I hope to get to them this weekend. I did get some time last evening to organize some of my locomotives and put them in bins. I have been updating my inventory program.

This weekend I plan to get the Halloween decorations down and put them away. Finish the laundry from vacation and begin to tackle the regular pile. I also need to put the suitcases away. I need to begin winterizing the bond but since that involves being on my hands and knees that will depend on my hip letting me do so. We have errands to run like the grocery store, pharmacy, and produce store.

I want to continue to update the inventory program and organize the locomotives and putting them in bins. I have a few that do not fit in the boxes they came in and I need to figure out storage for them other than sitting on the layout. I have couplers to change out on some rolling stock and perhaps I can start a building kit.

I hope Don is feeling better.

I hope everybody has a good day.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 11-03-2023

Hello Blue
Sun. 41/50s for the day.
Got a flu shot last week and the needle must have hit a vein. I had a BIG ole blue spot on my arm for a week.
Nothing in my train world, since the cold weather arrived we have been staying home a lot. 
S.J.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Charlie B - 11-03-2023

Well it is just after midnight here. I took a nap and then went to the train room late.  I had made number board decals for 3 locomotives and I managed to get them  installed. 
I put stripes on one side of an undecorated Amtrak Superliner and it is one of those that should not be rushed so I set it aside for the stripe to completely dry before using solvaset.  Then when that sets I will do the other side. 

Tom, those bowser centuries are nice locomotives. I got 3 in an ebay deal.  One of them had broken truck side frames because evidently they tried to remove them without taking the bottom gear clip off and it retains them.  I was able to get new side frames from bowser. 

I managed to mow the back yard and blew all the leaves into  the compost pile. The front yard will have the clippings and leaves left for the winter. I have to do the back yard or the pups drag the leaves in. 

Prayers for Don. I miss his updates.

Stay safe everyone and enjoy the shortened weekend 
Charlie

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 11-04-2023

Greetings, gang.

32 going to the upper 50s. 60s tomorrow and Monday.

It's been pretty quiet around here lately. I did get the plastic on the windows on the front of the house in preparation for winter. Today I'll work on the west side. Otherwise Saturday means laundry and college football.

Don't forget to get up at 2 AM and change your clocks.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 11-05-2023

Hello Blue
Where is everybody?
Cloudy w/some fog. 40s for the day.
I had a nice football Saturday, no plans for today. 
S.J.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Charlie B - 11-05-2023

Good morning.
        It is a beautiful morning here in southeast Ohio. It is 53° and sunny. It feels a lot warmer.  Putting outdoor things away for the winter (watching my wife). Wink

I worked on the stripe on the superliner yesterday and managed to get t on without destroying it. I had enough to do 8 stripes so it works like magic if you have spares. I also put the solvaset to the number boards I applied and did a few minor repairs to cars in the car shop.  I plan on working on the shelves today so I can get back to running trains. 

Have a great week everyone and get out and vote. 

Charlie

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 11-05-2023

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and, like Charlie, 53 degrees.  Headed for the mid 60s but with winds over 30 mph.  We'll probably have red flag warnings by this afternoon.

Routine Saturday.  Laundry done and my football team lost (again).  Took care of my wife's and son's graves and I plan to spend the rest of the day probably on the porch.

SJ - maybe everyone forgot to reset their clocks.  Or they're sleeping late because they got up at two to reset them. Icon_lol

Gas was down again.  $2.82 this morning.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 11-05-2023

Yes getting up at 2am is a PITA, especially the outdoor car.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 11-05-2023

Went to the RR show in Woodstock today. It was mostly sales tables, with a couple of layouts and some demos. My wife spent more than I did. I bought a calendar; she bought 2 advent calendars and a Route 66 road sign.
After we got home. I thought I'd lost my wallet. Searched the car twice. Called Wendy's but they didn't have anyone to check the parking lot. Dayle finally found it on the dash of the car, hidden by the box of the entertainment system.
We loaded the car with some plastic deck chairs that are the worse for wear from having been left out back for several winters. Off to the tip tomorrow.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - tompm - 11-06-2023

Good morning folks

It is currently 47 on our way to a high of 58 with a bunch of sun.

We got almost all of the outside Halloween decorations down and packed away. There are some metal ones which I have to check to see which ones need repairs. I know at least four that require some soldering. We also got a start on the inside decorations and are about halfway through. Did some cleaning of the floors and some laundry. We ran to PetSmart and the grocery store.

I was able to speed match the three Bowser locomotives, two Reading C-630’s and an ALCO Demonstrator C-628. I then made up a 16-car trailer train. I discovered that some of the flat cars are not running smoothly. I will need to work on the trucks and the wheels some, so they travel more freely. I a sure if the flat cars were rolling more freely I could have had a longer train. I continued updating my inventory program.

Here is a video of the trailer train.
https://youtu.be/OHjg3w90TlA

Tonight, I hope to finish taking down the Halloween decorations.

Now that I finally ran the trailer train, I need to work on some of the cars to see if I can get them to move more freely. I might start a new structure for the layout or perhaps do some ballasting.

I hope everybody has a good day.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - jim currie - 11-06-2023

hi all. things are about the same here think I; am stuck in a rut day just seem to melt away.
stay safe Jim.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 11-07-2023

Greetings, gang.

Clear and 35 this morning outside my window. Going to the 50s later on.

I got another herd of leaves rounded up yesterday. Also managed to do some (much needed) cleaning in the basement. This morning I'll take the leaves to that big corral in the sky and then do some shopping. After lunch I need to start sanding the outdoor park bench. It's been several years since I refinished it and is showing signs of wear. Fortunately when I did it last time I used stainless steel nuts and bolts so there should be no problem with disassembly.

All stay safe.

Tom