The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=9237)

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 11-18-2023

Greetings, gang.

29 now going to maybe 49 later on. Warm yet tomorrow and Monday then the temperature returns to more normal highs/lows for this time of year. Not looking forward to that.

I finally made it back to the gym yesterday. I've been taking time off from that to hopefully allow my shoulder to heal. No such luck. I guess the next step will be to see abut a massage.

The new network cables should arrive today. Now that the conduit is installed to the house the next step will be to actually bring the fiber cable from the driveway into the house. Really looking forward to it. I did get the area around the furnace cleaned out. New furnace to be installed Monday. I'll be glad when it's done. I don't sleep well when the house is too warm. I've had to leave the furnace at the daytime setting to keep it from cutting out, stopping for an hour, and other "undocumented features." The tree guys were here yesterday and got the tree trimmed back in about 20 minutes.

This morning I'll be headed to a basketball game for one of the great-grandsons. Drive for an hour, watch an hour long basketball game, drive for an hour. Game starts at noon so I could be rather hungry by the time I get back.

Gas was down to $2.85 yesterday afternoon.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 11-18-2023

Good morning good people of Big Blue. I'm a bit skittish this morning, strange things going on outside. Looks like there's water falling from the sky. I thought at first that the sky was falling, so I had to Google it, and discovered they call that rain. Icon_e_surprised I hadn't seen it in so long, I forgot that can happen.  Worship 

Gas her down to $3.45 at Costco/Sam's, $3.59 the next closest here in Surprise, but $2.77 if you want to drive about 90 miles down I-10.

Got some house chores to catch up on, I'm still a lot slower than I was, still recovering, but it's taking more time than I like.

Tom, glad to see you finally get cable to your house. Make sure you note how it's run. When we got cable they ran it from the ally through the backyard, and we decided to dig a year later to plant something and you can guess what we cut.... Not quite as bad in another house where we hit the waterline, then the gas line with a truck-mounted non-forgiving drill rig.

Y'all have a great weekend, football maybe, I'm getting more and more disappointed in how the games are played now days, a little nap is more rewarding.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 11-19-2023

Greetings, gang.

32 this morning going to the upper 50s with some clouds moving in. A 20% chance of some sprinkles/light rain overnight tonight. It actually got much warmer than predicted yesterday, got all the way to 62.

With that warmer temperature I was able to gt another batch of leaves collected. Getting down to the last few. The network patch cables arrived yesterday. Some are installed and others won't be needed until the fiber optic cable is brought into the house. Not sure when that will be but hopefully soon. This morning I'll watch the F1 race from Las Vegas. Also need to water the yard where the crew dug it up to install the conduit. After i water it I've been using the tamper to get the sod settled back down. Hopefully that will enable the grass to come back in the spring. Too cold for it to grow any more this fall.

Gas was down to $2.82 ($2.79 at Walmart/Murphy Oil).

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Charlie B - 11-19-2023

Good morning
       34° heading for 54° with sun.  Our gas finally hit 2.99 but that will go up tomorrow for sure with the holiday on the way.

I put a couple blue box kits together last night. I had forgot how much fun they were to assemble. Modelers today are missing out on a good thing. They are a great way to learn. Even with drilling and tapping for screws in the couplers it only takes about 45 minutes to assemble a refer. 

Tom, I hope you get that cable up and running this week. Maybe then you can set up a webcam on the Backyard and Southern. Icon_e_biggrin

Wishing a good week ahead for everyone. 

Charlie

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 11-19-2023

Hello Blue
We have a frost-free morning here in lower Mich. Hi's for the week will be in the 40s. When I was out on Fri. gas was $3.29. Aldi's eggs were 97cents. Yesterday was a football day for me. We all have different likes, and this is mine. No train news.
S.J.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 11-20-2023

Good morning all, and as strange as it seems, this is the official week to start the holiday season. Scary because we just barely got through Valentine's Day and I don't remember the Fourth of July or even Labor Day. Soon it will be next year. This is also a tricky week, my granddaughter is due soon and is showing signs of labor, so that can happen anytime and change all the plans for Thanksgiving. We are suppose to have Thanksgiving dinner at Pat's house on Saturday so that the whole family can be there, but that could change if there's a new member of the family just arriving. Suspense....

Temps are finally in the normal range, mid-70's, no rain since Saturday, maybe next week.

Gas at Costco down to $3.35, not the lowest in the valley, but low for right around here.

I hope everyone has a great week, and if you're crazy enough to go shopping on Friday, good luck there.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - tompm - 11-20-2023

Good morning folks.

It is 32 currently and going up to 51.

The weekend had good moments and bad. Saturday was the rough day. Things started out well. We got one of my wife’s coats dropped off at the dry cleaners. However, we should have taken the hint that it was going to go down hill by how people were driving in the parking lot. I saw close to a half dozen near misses. We then made it to the pharmacy where they had my wife’s medicine in stock. She is taking Mounjaro and it has been difficult to find since many doctors are prescribing it for weight loss which means the diabetics who the drug is approved for are having a hard time getting it. The last time it took us almost 3 weeks to get the medication. Next my daughter and I tried to get new phones as our lease was up. That was a total disaster. Issues with T-Moblie’s payment systems prevented us from trading in our old phones. We spent close to two hours there and came away with nothing. The day did end with a positive as we got a good dinner at one of our favorite restaurants. Our waiter remembered my wife from her days as a teacher’s assistant.

Sunday I spent at home. My wife and I empty all the pots from the front patio and winterized a few plants in the garden. I got laundry done but not as much as I had hoped.

I spent some time entering some rolling stock into my inventory program. I organized a pile of new passenger cars and rolling stock by putting the passenger cars in one pile and the rolling stock in another. I did not get around to boxing any of the locomotives sitting on the layout. Maybe I will this week.

No Black Friday shopping here unless it is online. For me it will be just another day at work.

I hope everybody has a good day.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - jim currie - 11-20-2023

Hi all. well, another Monday is here things are about the same did do some work on the 4 th level of the layout other than that been sitting on my bottom with legs elevated to help wih swelling.
slay safe Jim.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 11-21-2023

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 39 going to....cloudy and 39. Yep, not much change today. Maybe 50 tomorrow then more typical temperatures over the holiday weekend with highs in the low 40s and lows in the upper 20s.

Big (and expensive) day for me yesterday. The new furnace is installed and running nicely. Two very nice guys did the install After lunch I headed for the gym but could only swim 4 laps before my shoulder gave out. I sat in the sauna for a while and that helped but that's only a temporary fix. I need to see about a massage therapist or possibly a chiropractor. As I was getting changed afterward I heard a noise behind me. When I turned around there at my feet was a pair of pliers that I had been using at home. Looks like I forgot to put them away when I was finished. Also got rid of the last of the leaves. After supper my daughter showed up, bringing the vegetables for Thursday. Had a brief chat with her before she had to dash off to get home and play games with some of her grandkids over the internet. Not much planned for me today. Maybe start my search for a massage therapist.

Gas price is a mixed message. One station had it for $2.79. The station directly across the street was showing $2.99. Guess which one wants to gouge customers for the holiday.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 11-21-2023

Good morning everyone, Tom, just got back from a massage & chiropractic adjustment. Nice to get both in the same office. Big difference with lower back, just wish it would last longer.

No change in the weather or the gas pricing. The furnace kicks in around 4:00AM, so I know it's not going to be another 100-degree day out today. Applause

Tom, I have a home warranty service I renew every year. It covers repairs on everything attached to the house including the A/C unit, water heater, dishwasher, plumbing and electrical. Cost me around $600 a year, plus $80 co-pay, but my A/C unit is over 15 years old and we're talking big bucks to replace. They have an option for things like refrigerators and washer/dryers, but I'm OK without that.

Nothing else to report, going target shooting tomorrow, that's it for now. Have a great and safe day.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 11-22-2023

Hello Blue
Rained all day yesterday. Today is cloudy @ 40 degrees.
Seems some of the regulars are missing here lately.
My wife is making toast for tomorrows stuffing. One stuck in the toaster so now the house smells like burnt toast. Those two will be rejects. LOL 
S.J.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - hillyard999 - 11-22-2023

Prepping the house for Thanksgiving visitors.
Wishing you all the best for the holiday.
--hillyard

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 11-22-2023

Greetings, gang.

42 and maybe 50 later and a little breezy with wind near 25 mph.

Fairly quiet day yesterday. Got some of the boards stained for the bench that sits outside the back door. After the "fragrance" goes away I'll do the rest of them. Then after those have cured I'll start varnishing them. Should be all ready to go by spring. Also did some house cleaning in anticipation of visitors tomorrow. I did need to get some eggs from the grocery store and it surprisingly wasn't too busy. Next up on the agenda is to make the pies and finish cleaning.

The gouging gas station (see yesterday's post) apparently lost this round. Both stations were down to $2.76.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 11-22-2023

Good afternoon, went shooting this morning, beautiful day and for some reason we were hitting our targets pretty well.

SJ. when Brenda owned Brenda's Kitchen, she had a sign up that said, "we burn all toast, you scrape it to how light you want it".

Temps still in the 70's, gas down a bit, Costco at $3.26, many stations at $3.53.

That' about it, today is 60 years since the JFK shooting, I remember that day well.

Take care, enjoy the day and I hope you're ready for Thanksgiving tomorrow.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Charlie B - 11-22-2023

Good evening
        It has been raining for 2 days here and it is really wet. The pup love it. She has found mud and really enjoys making a mess. 

I have put a few blue box kits together and tonight I installed a sound decoder in an old Athearn FP45. It went well and works fine. I will fine tune it tomorrow after dinner at my sons. 

Nothing else to report. Have a quiet day tomorrow and enjoy family. 
Charlie