The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=9237)

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - tompm - 02-26-2021

Good morning folks

Another sunny day here in the Delaware Valley with the temperature at 39 and a high of 46.

I finally got an appointment for my COVID shot. It is next Thursday, and I only have to drive about 42 miles one way which should take a little under an hour.

I had to reglue the top foam layer as it did not stick well. I was running low on glue and probably looks like I did not have enough glue to do the job.

Today s pension day so I have bills to pay. I need to run to PetSmart. I will do the big grocery shopping either over the weekend or early next week. There is enough in the pantry to keep us good for a few days so no rush.

I am thinking about ordering CNJ Babyface Kit from the Anthracite Railroads Historical Society. The locomotives are Baldwin DR 4-4-1500 and they are offering A and B units. These are just shells and detail parts. They are designed to replace the shell of a Proto 2000 FA2 locomotive. This is the first time I ordered a kit like this.

I hope everybody has a good day.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - jim currie - 02-26-2021

Tom acrylic house paint makes a cheep and effective glue for foam .
Jim

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - tompm - 02-26-2021

(02-26-2021, 10:17 AM)jim currie Wrote: Tom acrylic house paint makes a cheep and effective glue for foam .
Jim

I did not know that. Something to store for future use. I always have cans of used paint around that I cannot throw in the trash until it has hardened or is used up.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 02-26-2021

Ok, the gas companies just made a liar out of me. On the way to the gym this morning I discovered that gas jumped 18 cents overnight. Now up to $2.79.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 02-26-2021

Out early to deliver food boxes to the mobile home parks I use to cover.  I may be back in the business.  That group is not doing as promised.  Only covering every other week.  Not happy. [9075 steps while delivering] 

Then rushed to the Dr.  Along with other things trying to find out why the pain. [front of shoulder and shoulder blade with lots of burping]  Lung x-ray.  Results, scaring from so may cases of pneumonia.  some clouding probably from being volunteer fireman for so long with NO breathing equipment.  Didn't have back then.  Been inside buildings burning and cough up smoke for a day or two.  Also a scar from bronchoscopy.  Taking me off some meds he thinks are not doing any good.  [agree]  Heart looks good.  Been having severe pain in upper left front shoulder and back shoulder blade.  EKG fine.  My pharmacists is agreeing with me.  Dr. doesn't.  Her sister is a Dr.  Issuing me a script for folic acid.  Was taking when on special meds.  When folic acid stopped after meds were stopped, started having this stomach problems.  Took one pharmacists "loaned" Me until sister sends script.  Just got off the phone with Dr.  Didn't tell him pain down after taking folic acid.  If it works, then I will tell him.  He explained how stomach problems can make your front at shoulder and shoulder blade have pain.  Where nerves are. 

Now R&R.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 02-27-2021

Good morning all a bit windy and chilly still, actually wore a jacket while running a few errands yesterday. More of the same for the next few days. Still confused about the chances of rain, not me, them... Every forecast I look at is different, so I'll just wait and see.

I guess there are no Spring Training games, at least with fans in the stands. Still a bunch hanging around outside waiting to catch a fly ball, some peeking through the netting to watch them practice. Kind of like Sluggo used to do in the comic strip Nancy, always peeking through a knothole in the fence.

Quote:Just got off the phone with Dr.  Didn't tell him pain down after taking folic acid.  If it works, then I will tell him.  He explained how stomach problems can make your front at shoulder and shoulder blade have pain.  Where nerves are.

Frank, hope you're feeling better by now. Good info there, didn't know that.

Going to work on my display case today, just not going to push things, I'll do what I can as long as I can, then just take a break.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 02-27-2021

Greetings, gang.

Sunny and 25 headed for sunny and 40 something this afternoon.  Sleet, freezing drizzle, and maybe some very light snow tentatively scheduled for overnight.

Decent day yesterday.  Good workout at the gym.  After lunch I got the oil changed on my son's car.  The drain plug was very difficult to remove.  I wound up using a 15" breaker bar to get it loose.  Then when I got the old filter off it was rusty and the paint was peeling off.  I have no idea how long it's been since the oil was changed.  I told my granddaughter and her husband that they may want to change it again fairly soon.  Family members are working together to get the last of the stuff to my granddaughter now that we (hopefully) no longer have to dodge  blizzards, ice storms, and other weather obstacles that come with living in the upper midwest.  

Talked to the company handling my son's 401k.  Couple of minor mistakes on my part in filling out the form.  Corrections have been made and returned to them.  Had fun on the video call last night.  On tap for today is laundry and maybe an early trip to the car wash before it gets busy.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 02-27-2021

46 and cloudy. Had .18" sometime during the early morning. Not SUPPOSE to rain today.

Off to Smithfield so the Girls can shop at Dwayne's. BIL and I will sit on a couch and talk. Outback and now Wifey says we might do Cracker Barrel. I said not this time. Had the best ribeye ever at that Outback about two months ago.

If no rain, will have in person Church tomorrow. Gov dropped some restrictions. If rain, we will not as space too small. Leased space. Out growing it without restrictions. Got to find larger space.

Tom, you have been very diligent in dong the things necessary for Son's estate.  

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 02-28-2021

Greetings, gang.

33 and clear a the moment headed for 29 and windy by this afternoon. Temperatures will fall and the winds could hit 30 mph later today. Cool again tomorrow but then near 50 or above for the remainder of the week.

Fairly quiet day yesterday. Got the laundry caught up in the morning. After lunch it warmed up enough to go for a 2 mile walk. After that I gave my space heater a head start and was able to sit on the porch and read for several hours late afternoon and well into the evening. No plans for today except occasional trips to the kitchen for food.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 02-28-2021

Good morning everyone, Sunday and I did sleep in a bit longer. Worked on my display case a bit yesterday, just taking things slow since I need to limit how long I do things standing up. My back is a lot better, but I don't want to get into any setbacks, plus it was a bit chilly in the garage. The same for today, temps in the mid 60's. The only day that all the forecasts agree on it raining is Wednesday, and even then they can't agree on the chances. I see everything from 20% to 74%. Well, if it does rain, everyone of them are right, and if it doesn't, they're still right. What a profession to be in. Glad these people didn't choose to be doctors. "Well Mr. Smith, there's a 65% chance that your ribbia is broken, or is that your tibia?? We'll find out for sure tomorrow." Waiting

Looks like gas is pretty much $3.09 here, Costco and Sam's Club are $2.64, that about a 75 cent increase in just the past few weeks.

Have a great weekend, what's left of it. Icon_e_biggrin

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 02-28-2021

Hello Blue
Crazy February. We had freezing cold and now it's 54.
Did some laundry, made a Spam and egg sandwich and now here I am.
It's always wonderful to reach March as it means new life will soon break through the ground.
When the Robins return we're good to go.
Lowest gas I found was $2.49.
S.J.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 02-28-2021

67 and foggy and cloudy.  No sun. 

TV Church over and all ready to drive Miss Daisy.  Sam's Club for gas and whatever she is looking for.  I know we will go by the magazine racks.  Check for spring gardening magazines.  

Later.  

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 03-01-2021

Good morning, and welcome to March. Yeah, hard to believe, but it's here. Apparently, yesterday they opened Spring Training games to spectators. How many I haven't a clue, and I quickly got tired of the chit-chat between the news crew in the field and the ones at the station, so I switched channels before they even got to that point. 

It was chilly and windy yesterday, had the garage door open and now I not only have a lot of sawdust to sweep up, but a bunch of my neighbor's leaves. I know that because I don't have any trees in front ever since we cut down the one with dead branches that the HOA was complaining about. It was pretty well gone anyway.

Temps in the mid-40's right now, heading to somewhere in the 70's. I can't tell how high based on conflicting forecasts, so what's new about that??? Waiting If I can believe them, we should go from below normal to above and into the 80's by this coming weekend. 

Have a great week everyone, stay safe, and as they used to say, "keep your powder dry". I intend to since we're going target shooting on Friday.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 03-01-2021

Greetings, gang.

Sunny and 19 outside my window this morning. The high for today is only supposed to be 28. Big warm up starts tomorrow with highs near and above 50 for the remainder of the week.

Yesterday was a day of reading and movie watching. Biggest project was taking some stuff out to the trash can. Only activity currently planned for today is a trip to the gym. I may start looking at my income tax for this year. Also need to investigate how to file my son's taxes.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 03-01-2021

.13 of rain in a few. Turned dark and outside lights came on. Stopped now. More guessed.

Sitting and watching TV. Coffee and redhots. Dr.'s appointment this afternoon. Miss Daisy says I can drive her afterwards.

Have a good one.