The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=9237)

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 12-08-2023

Greetings, gang.

42 and clear at the moment. Supposed to get to the mid 50s this afternoon. Then back to the 30s and 40s.

Had a pretty good day yesterday. Got the last batch of leaves cleaned up and headed for the disposal site. Got there and it was closed so I have two bags of leaves sitting on my patio. There may (or may not) be a small fire in the driveway this morning. After lunch I got the oil changed on my car and discovered that the new oil drain pan is too flimsy to hold the oil. In addition 5 quarts of oil just barely fit so I will be on the lookout for something better. Late afternoon I went to another basketball game.

Two gas stations in town are persisting in claiming their gas is worth $2.99 while everyone else is currently thinking $2.69 is a fair price.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 12-08-2023

Hello Blue
Sun this morning, it's been pretty bashful lately, so sun is good. Temp is 43.
One of my wife's sisters spent a few days with us. They baked Christmas cookies all day for 2 days. Yesterday the house was nice and quiet again.
Gas here was $3.09 when we were out Wednesday.
S.J.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 12-08-2023

A sad note:
The St Jacobs and Aberfoyle model railway will be closing after this weekend. They are being evicted from their new premises. Last open days on Saturday and Sunday (Dec 9,10).
https://stjacobsmodelrailway.com/

This is the best O scale railway that I have seen. My wife enjoys it too. If you are within driving distance you should get there.
(Location north of Kitchener, about 3 hours east of Detroit on Hwy 401).

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 12-09-2023

Wow, so sorry to hear that David, after 50 years, that's going to be hard to move. I hope they find another place soon. I'd love to see it, but if I left right now, I still couldn't be there before they closed.

Good morning all, still nice weather here, just no rain. Well, there's a 1% chance next Friday. Busy day today, Pat's coming over to help me set up my treadmill and my new TV for the bedroom. I took advantage of the Christmas specials, the old one is about ready to go, it seems to be losing resolution, but worse yet, it will just shut off by itself and be obstinate about turning back on. Anyway, the new one is a bit larger and is 4K with a lot of new features that I'll probably never use. As for the treadmill, I need to walk more but rather be able to stop when I need to and not be blocks away from the house. Plus, come this summer and I'm not walking outside when it's 110 out.

Take care, have a great weekend, enjoy football. I'm not sure how much longer I will watch it. College players can now earn money from their sport, but worse yet, they are thinking about paying all sports participants directly by the college. That's insane.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 12-09-2023

They moved to this location about 10 years ago. They were in a quonset hut, but that was cleared for development. Before that they were in the second floor of a farmhouse in the fairgrounds.
They expanded the layout each time they moved.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 12-11-2023

Greetings, gang.

Clear and 17 outside my window this morning. Supposed to get to around 40 by this afternoon.

Pretty quiet weekend around here. Saturday was busy with basketball games in the morning and a pizza party for my great-grandson's fifth birthday in the evening. Only things planned for today are some shopping this morning and a trip to the gym after lunch.

Gas was down to $2.62 on Saturday evening.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - tompm - 12-11-2023

Good morning folks

It is 32 with heavy rain that has been changing over to snow for the last hour or so. High today will be 46.

Had a fairly productive weekend. I got all but one of the outdoor Christmas decorations out. My wife and daughter finished the inside decorations. I finished some laundry. My wife and I ran a bunch of errands on Saturday such as Amazon returns to Kohls and drop a package off at UPS. We went to the local hardware store where I picked up the items, I needed so I finish the outside decorations. We got the car washed and stopped at PetSmart. Lastly we had a good filling dinner at Crackle Barrel where the wife got some more decorations. Sunday was an indoor day with the rain. We got some chores done including some laundry.

I continued entering some new tank cars into the inventory program. I began working on the Ashmore Hotel. I opened the box and looked over the pieces. I cleaned the wall sections of any spurs and flashing. I then sprayed them with Dullcoat in anticipation of painting mortar lines and details.

Everything is dependent on when the rain/snow stops. I will take a trip up the jib sight in an hour and see how bad the flooding is or is not. Tonight I will have to fix any outdoor decorations that got blown over in the storm. I will continue to enter tank cars into inventory and work on the Ashmore Hotel.

I hope everybody has a good day.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 12-11-2023

Good morning all, temps here are mild compared to other places. Right now it's still in the low 40's but should get into the 70's later on. NWS reports the snow pack in Phoenix is at 0 with no new snow in the immediate forecast. Icon_rolleyes We will be logging in a miserable year for rain, so far less than 3.5" and the year's almost over.

Wanted a stand for a new TV, Pat ordered one for $40 on Amazon Saturday just before 5:00, it showed up around 10:00. I saw a trivia quiz about how much profit Amazon makes in a day. The answer was based on last year’s numbers, Amazon made $616,438,356.16 in profit every single day. Their gross revenue is around $1.29 billion each day at what looks like 50% gross profit. It's hard to fathom these numbers but that's what they say they do. Also, Amazon owns 384 million square feet of storage globally. You wonder with all that space, how can they find a small box and deliver it five hours after it was ordered. Talk about efficiency.

Well, got to go set that TV up now that I have the base. Nothing else on the schedule until Saturday when I go target shooting with one or both my sons.

Take care, enjoy the day and stay warm and stay safe.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - jim currie - 12-11-2023

hi all. well its Monday again were waiting for the guys to show up and replace the crumbling d box on the septic system just a mere 2500 & , well that shoots a road trip to Colorado next year. other than that, no new news. stay safe and warm Jim.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 12-11-2023

Hello Blue
Home from the dentist, an old filling replaced. Gas was $2.95 at a few places, still over 3 at others. 
We had a full house at our December club meet on Saturday. Our host has a very nice layout. There are a lot of 3 railers in SE Michigan. At one time we had train stores and hobby shops in every direction. Same with the shows, we had a lot of them, most are gone now as we grow old nobody is taking up the slack.
S.J.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - LiveSteamer - 12-11-2023

Good Evening Everyone. Well this morning we woke up to the sight of that fluffy white stuff falling to the ground. It didn't last long but it did lay a good bit down. So I took the time today to take apart the Conrail SW9 as I am going to use some part off of it to use on the C&I Locomotive. While taking it apart I noticed that there were two little figures sitting in there so that is a plus for me. The fiance just looked at me and said you're like a kid in a candy store lol. Other than that stuff there really isn't anything else going on. Hope you all have a wonderful evening. Take Care

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - LiveSteamer - 12-12-2023

Good Morning All, Well all the snow has melted which isn't a big surprise. Today will consist of some more work being done and the C&I SW9 engine. More modifications need to be made to get it to look more like the prototype. Last night I took the handrails off, added "new" ones, a different bell and painted the exhaust pipes in between watching the Giants-Packers game lol. Below is a progress picture and also the donor unit that some parts are coming off of. The girlfriend isn't too happy about the donor unit but I have other plans for it in the future. It is a chilly day today so what better way to spend the day sitting inside working on trains right? What does everyone use to stripe the decals off of paint? I have seen a few different solutions but I am trying to not destroy the paint job that is on the plastic shell.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 12-13-2023

Good morning everyone, not much change here, temps still in the 70's, no rain and gas is still over $3.00 in most places except Costco and Sam's. That's about it. Got the new TV up yesterday, turn it on, connect to the Internet and the first thing it wants to do is to update. "This may take a few minutes", it says. Two hours later it finished updating the OS. We're not talking TV here, we're talking about a computer with a large screen. I will put aside a few more hours to complete the "easy setup".

So much for that, I hope everyone is having a good week and has all your Christmas shopping done. Today is an open day for me, I have a few things I might want to do once I setup the TV, or I might just decide to do nothing significant. Take care and enjoy the day.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 12-13-2023

Oops! I put my post in the "Hello" thread instead of here. Sorry 'bout that.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - jim currie - 12-13-2023

(12-13-2023, 07:27 AM)FiatFan Wrote: Oops!  I put my post in the "Hello" thread instead of here.  Sorry 'bout that.

Tom

when i do things like that i call them a senior moment.
Jim