The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=9237)

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - LiveSteamer - 12-19-2023

Afternoon Everyone, Well this is what we woke up to this morning. About 4 inches of the white fluffy stuff. Now it sure does feel like the christmas season seeing snow on the ground. It is a nice warm temp of 29 degrees here today. We are having a few flurries here and there but nothing major like last night. The kiddos had a 2 hour delay this morning because of it. The kids were happy, us parents well you know how it is lol. 

I have also started to disassemble the SW7 Calf unit and will be getting to the hobby shop to get yellow paint and order more decals. The SW9 on the other hand is running great and does seem to be running a little bit faster than before. Hope you all have a great day today. Take Care my friends.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 12-20-2023

Good morning all, I missed a few days, but I'm here, just saving my energy for other things.

The rain gauge map shows rain on the east and southeast sides of the valley, but none here. Yet I look outside and everything is wet so it had to have rained. Suppose to be good chances right up to Christmas. Suppose to snow up north too. We'll see.

Gas around the neighborhood is as low as $2.79 at Costco & Sam's, some Circle K's are at $2.89 (cash)/$2.99 (credit). Lowest in the state is in Eloy, about 75 miles south on I-10 at $2.41.

Not much else to talk about, went to the Post Office yesterday, the parking lot was a mess. Long lines way past the door waiting to mail packages. I believe that today it will cost you more to mail something than what's inside the box is worth, and some folks have a lot of packages to send. I think that by tomorrow, the parking lot will be normal again.

Take care, I hope you all have shipped all the presents that you had to, if not, good luck. Stay warm and stay safe....

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 12-20-2023

Greetings, gang.

Clear and 23 now going to the mid 40s this afternoon with lots of sunshine. Off and on chances of rain through next week but no snow. Gonna be a brown Christmas.

Productive morning yesterday. Went to Menards and got everything on my list. Only down side was that I forgot to take the $15 worth of rebate checks. Oh, well. I'll be going back again. A quick stop at the grocery store completed my travels for yesterday. Only event for today is a trip to the gym.

Colonoscopy results came back negative and the doctor recommends no further exams. Yay!

Gas price was unusually goofy yesterday. Most stations were $2.79. One station at $2.89 and another at $2.59.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 12-20-2023

Hello Blue
Cloudy and 40 degrees.
A morning trip to Menards, just the normal number of customers. Lots of 1/48 buildings but I have no room for them. 
Folks around here just don't seem to be in a holiday mood, could be it's not the usual Christmas weather.
Gas prices haven't changed here, in the high three-dollar range.
S.J.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 12-21-2023

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 36 maybe going to the low to mid 40ss with a slight chance of rain.

Of course the chances for rain have increased over the next several days since I washed my car yesterday. Also did some more shopping. After lunch I a decent time at the gym. Tried sitting on the porch for a while yesterday but it just wasn't warm enough. Nothing major on the to-do list for today.

A few more gas stations going to $2.89 but one station stubbornly holding on to $2.59.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - tompm - 12-21-2023

Good morning folks

It is 36 with a high of 43. The sun is finally shining, and the wind is down.

We have been in storm clean up mode since Tuesday on the job site. We had the worse flooding since the project started almost 18 months ago. The big cofferdam was topped and we numerous washouts to fix. The contractor has been moving mud out of the site since Tuesday. Some folks are saying we have a similar storm coming next week.

The search for Mounjaro is in full swing. My wife used her last 15mg pen on Monday. Hopefully a new box can be found before next Monday. Her situation is desperate but not dire yet. She does have some older boxes of smaller dosages that she can mix and match to make 15mg. It does work as well as one shot but she has to do what she can. We are anxiously waiting for the new rules about curtailing the prescribing of the medication for weight loss instead of diabetes control,

I have been working on the walls for the Ashmore Hotel. I finished painting the details and I am now working on weathering them. After I finish the weathering it will be time to start adding the window frames.

Gas is now $3.19 at the corner where the new Wawa opened up. Before Wawa opened the two existing stations, Speedway and Sunoco were content to have the prices in the $3.70 range. Two weeks with Wawa open the prices ave already fallen 50 cents.

I hope everybody has a good day.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - LiveSteamer - 12-21-2023

Good Afternoon All, 

Well the temps are slowly rising and by Christmas it will be up in the 50's and all the snow will more than likely be melted by then. I took the family out to lunch today after the kids got home from a half day of school. We went and supported a former employee we used to work with since her and her husband have a food truck. I literally was pacing back and forth this morning waiting on the mail lady to drop the mail off. I finally received the C&I Caboose I ordered a few weeks back. It isn't a number the railroad had as a caboose but that will get taken off and a new number will be put on. Also it will be receiving the black over yellow paint scheme. 

I have also made a little progress on the calf unit. I got the stacks painted silver and the bell put back on. I am going to be ending up making it a dummy unit instead of my original plan I had to have it powered. It sure is going to make for a nice conversation starter for sure.

Gas prices on the other hand are still at the same prices although we seen on the news last night where the price of gas may go down further for the holiday travel. Im trying to get as much done with the trains now as come next friday the girlfriend has to go in for a second foot surgery so a lot of my time will be taking care of her and keeping the house in order. Hope you all have a nice evening. Take Care my friends.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 12-22-2023

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 43 in the remote reaches of northern Iowa this morning. Not much warmup. Only going to the upper 40s but I am not complaining. Normal highs this time of year are in the low 30s. Rain starting Saturday night and lasting through Tuesday.

Not much going on here. Some house cleaning in preparation for the big day on Monday is about it.

Gas price slowly coming back down. Most stations at $2.79 and the one station is still at $2.59.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 12-22-2023

Good morning everyone, it's cloudy here in the Sonoran Deserts of Arizona, so much so that the clouds seem to be crying. So far today we've got close to 1/2" of rain and it's suppose to be raining most of the rest of the day. Good news for us. Temps will stay in the low 60's for a few more days.

I spotted a few stations selling regular for $2.99, Costco & Sam's still at $2.79. Not much else going on until Santa gets here Sunday night. He always seems to miss my house and leave stuff over at Pat's, so I'll wind up going there Christmas morning.

I hope everyone is ready for Christmas, it's just unbelievable how quickly it showed up this year. I've just barely got use to 2023 and here we are ready or not for 2024.

Enjoy the weekend and stay safe and dry.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 12-23-2023

Hello Blue
SE Mich. has rain showers at 41 degrees. We don't have to shovel rain. It's been a warm December. 
Spent a few hours at our club house last night. The theme was beer cars. I guess that is a good Christmas theme. It's quire surprising how many 3 rail beer cars there are. No plans for the day. None of the football teams I follow are playing today.
S.J.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - LiveSteamer - 12-23-2023

Good Afternoon Everyone,

Hope everyone is enjoying the holiday weekend and waiting for the jolly old man to show up to drop off presents. I got a surprise in the mail yesterday that I had forgotten about. Below is what I received in the mail. 

Gas has dropped to $3.21 a gallon for now and the highest is $3.29. However we had fuel perks and got it down to $2.85 and it only took $50 to fill up the vehicle. Usually cost more, around $85-$90 if we let it get down to E. By this time next week things will be in full swing for my girlfriend and the start of her recovery from surgery. Then after she makes a full recovery, I will have to make an appointment to have my foot looked at again. The doctor did tell me that he may have to cut the nerves in my foot where it is real super sensitive. That is an option or I can just deal with it. 

Thursday night we got all the presents wrapped and hidden again. The temps are in the low to high 40's and almost all the snow is gone. Hope everyone has a wonderful evening. Take Care my Friends.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 12-24-2023

Happy Christmas Eve, gang.

Cloudy and relatively warm here in the remote reaches of northern Iowa. Currently 49 degrees with a predicted high in the mid 50s. 100% chance of rain today, tonight, and tomorrow. Could get as much as 2 inches. No shoveling and no white Christmas. I'm definitely not complaining. Also with the rain I could very easily grab an umbrella and go for a nice long walk. I love walking in the rain.

Fairly quiet day again yesterday. Laundry done and I got the last two coats of varnish on the wood for the park bench. Only thing left to do is cut and install the angle iron under the seat slats. Time to reinforce them. I heard the boards crack too many times when people sit on the. I don't want someone hurt if a board should break. That project can then be set aside now until spring when I reassemble it and set it outdoors.

As I was typing the above I discovered where box elders bugs come from. They apparently have mastered the art/science of worm holes. It just appeared on my desk out of nowhere. There were no objects around it where it could have been hiding. Very unusual.

Gas is dropping again. Down to $2.73 except the holdout that stated at $2.59 for the last few weeks.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ngauger - 12-24-2023

Merry Christmas

and

A Happy & Healthy New Year!!

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 12-24-2023

And a good Christmas Eve, a bit early, but it is noon here. Lots of folks out today finishing up their Christmas shopping. Went to Costco for gas, surprise!!! parking lot was beyond full, they opened early today, but the gas station didn't seem to be affected, quick in and out.

No more rain, dark clouds all day yesterday but no more than early morning showers. Midnight Mass today will be held at 4:00, too many seniors at my parish in Sun City that even at 4:00, it's a bit edgy.

I hope Santa treats you all well as he makes his rounds tonight and so you all have a fine Christmas Eve, and an exceptional Christmas.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - hillyard999 - 12-24-2023

Best Wishes to all, for a wonderful Christmas.