The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=9237)

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 12-25-2023

Merry Christmas, gang!

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 12-25-2023

Merry Christmas Blue.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - LiveSteamer - 12-25-2023

MERRY CHRISTMAS MY FRIENDS

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - tompm - 12-25-2023

Merry Christmas

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Charlie B - 12-25-2023

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year 
Charlie

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 12-25-2023

Merry Christmas.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - LiveSteamer - 12-26-2023

Good Morning Everyone. First off, I hope you all had a wonderful christmas and got what you wanted. I myself didn't want anything this year other than to see my family happy. We went to the girlfriends sisters for dinner and opened more gifts. I did however get money from the future mother in law. That is going right into the model train funds as she looked at me and said I know what you're going to spend it on lol.

It is raining here as of right now and will be doing it off and on today from what I seen on the weather last night. Oh I also ordered a SW7 frame for the calf locomotive which happens to be a dummy. Don't need to have it powered just yet.

Hope you all have a wonderful day today. Take Care my Friends.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 12-26-2023

Greetings, gang.

31 and cloudy with not much changed planned by the National Weather Service. They're keeping the thermostat set in the low 30s for the next few days with some very slight chances for snow. They did provide over 1.5 inches of rain the last two days so that's good.

During those rains I did manage a couple of nice long walks with my trust Ikea umbrella. Extra wide and bright orange. I found out there's a recall which will be released on Jan 2 that affects my car. Seems there's some kind of retaining pin for a bearing around the crankshaft that could fail and cause the engine to seize. I won't be driving much until that is resolved. I would hate to get stranded out of town somewhere.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 12-26-2023

Good morning all, I hope everyone had a nice Christmas. I did OK, had a few kinks but I'm sure I'll be healed up in a few weeks. Icon_e_surprised

Speaking of recalls, my truck would stall occasionally at a stoplight, so I keep the "auto stop/start" disabled. Just found out that it is a pending recall because of a faulty fuel pump. Got a few other recalls that I've been avoiding, just clear them all at once.

A bit chilly and overcast but no rain in the forecast until next week. Not much else happening. Traffic was very light this morning, I'm just staying away from the big box stores for the next few days based on the long lines at the return desk.

Take care and have a good day.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 12-26-2023

We went out on a couple of walks today. Weather is mist going to fog, with some larger drops in the mist.
I'm working on a cardboard shed that was free with a magazine this month. It doesn't look quite as good as I'd like -- I think the registration of the cut lines doesn't match with the printed colour.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 12-27-2023

Greetings, gang.

31 going to 31. Not much happening weather-wise. I did get a dusting of snow late yesterday afternoon.

I was planning to go to the gym yesterday but when I drove past the place was so crowded there was no room to park. Circled the block and came home again. This morning I need to hit Walmart and the grocery store.

Gas was down again to $2.67 except for the one holdout that remained at $2.59 for the past several weeks.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - LiveSteamer - 12-28-2023

Good Morning Everyone, Well last night I got a frame for the calf unit and had to do a little modification to the frame and shell, but it all worked out and it is now together for now. I did paint the one part of the shell to start the process of making it a C&I unit. Below is a picture of the unit so far. Next the rest will be taped off and painted yellow. 

Today I have to have the girlfriend at the hospital for 1030 am her second foot surgery. Hopefully this will fix her foot and she won't have to have a 3rd surgery like I did. She is completely nervous which is to be expected. She is the final surgery of the day and I'm going to be a nervous wreck until she is out and in recovery. Needless to say it is going to be a long day today for the both of us. That is all for right now. Hope you all have a great day today and take care.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 12-29-2023

Good morning everyone, time to start blasting out the old and bringing in the new. I just hope some neighbors don't start celebrating New Years Eve early with fireworks. I will expect them Sunday night for sure. Temps are looking to be below normal for a while, low 60's and chances of rain next week. Can't be sure, no two forecasts are alike.

Gas is up, Costco/Sam's up 20 cents to $2.99, others up 30 cents to $3.29.

That's it for now, not much on the schedule for a while so I'm just going to go with the flow and have an impromptu weekend. I hope everyone else can do the same. Enjoy the weekend and stay safe, lots of crazies out there...

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 12-30-2023

Greetings, gang.

28 going to maybe 38. No significant moisture in the extended forecast.

Pretty quiet around here. I've seen more active cemeteries. Decided my shop needed to be cleaned. I started on it but apparently I'm easily distracted. I've been working on two other projects, one of which is actually train related. A few years ago I bought an MRC Sound and Power 7000 power supply at a train show. It works for both HO and G with a selector switch. It came with a speaker and I have finally built an enclosure for the speaker. The basic box is complete but I need to add finishing touches to it. Also been working on some other household projects. In my defense I'm still (slowly) working on cleaning the shop also.

Tom - I hope your hip is feeling better.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Charlie B - 12-30-2023

It's been a miserable few days here weatherwise. I spent the biggest part of yesterday organizing video clips and deleting duplicates. Next step will be to edit the clips and make films to share with the family. My clips go back to 1975.

I worked on the trains for 4 hours tonight. I put a flickerfree system in a BLI Zephyr car. It was a time consumer but adding people and the capacitors and real lights made a real difference. I did the PRR sleeper that the Pennsy had built to use as a run through car. . I have a dozen more cars I will do when time allows. I have the material. 

I want to wish everyone a safe and happy year ahead. 

Charlie