The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=9237)

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - jim currie - 03-01-2021

hi all . brrrrrrrr low was 36 was 37 when i got up time to haul out the long johns looks like working on layout wont happen today too cold on garage .
Jim

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - tompm - 03-01-2021

Good afternoon folks

It is a raw 45 which is supposed to be the high. They say a chance of showers, but they seem to be staying south of us in Maryland and Delaware.

It was a good weekend. I got all the foam down on the layout. We got most of the supply runs done for the house. I still need a trip to the produce store and the meat market. We got the Valentine decorations down. Now I need to take the bins to the basement and bring up the St Patrick Day stuff.

I plan to be laying some track later today.

I hope everybody has a good day.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 03-02-2021

Good morning everyone, I guess we have Spring Training with fans in the stands. Just that social distancing rules apply. Haven't a clue how things are progressing here, our governor hasn't had a "daily" news conference in weeks. Some states are easing up on restaurant and church crowds, others are backing away from mask mandates, but we have no clue here about any plans for change in Arizona.

As for the weather, it barely hit 70 yesterday and it was still windy. Had the garage door open for a while, a bunch more of my neighbor's leaves blew in. It could get into the 80's sometime this week, and it could rain sometime this week, maybe on the same days, maybe not.

Started to assemble my train display case, surprisingly, everything seems to fit so far. Icon_e_surprised Just hope the rest goes like that, got 17 shelves and two doors yet to go.

Have a great day whatever you choose to do, and stay safe. Icon_e_biggrin

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 03-02-2021

45 degrees and SUNNY. Beautiful day. Love it. Animals do too. They have been cooped up too much with all the rain.

Off to take the Caddy to the dealer to replace the radio. [the screen with all the gadgets and info.] What should have been done 4 trips ago. GM had to give permission to the dealer to do it.

Going on second week after second shot. Feels like being set free.

Hope all have a safe and happy day.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 03-02-2021

Greetings, gang.

24 and sunny headed for 48 and equally sunny but with a 30 mph breeze. Hopefully the last of the really cold weather is behind me.

Routine day at the gym but I had to cut my half mile swim short by one length of the pool due to a cramp in the back of my thigh. After lunch I started looking at my taxes and the next thing I knew both my federal and state taxes were done and filed. Next up is more research on how to do my son's taxes. First look is that I will do them the same as any other but with maybe and additional form saying I'm doing them. Not sure about Iowa yet.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 03-02-2021

We started the day @ 15 degrees, sunny, going to 40. All snow is gone for now.
Gas was up to $2.69 this morning.
S.J.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 03-03-2021

Well, another good morning to you all, Wednesday at that already. Nice day yesterday,  got to 80 in some areas, more of the same today. Suppose to rain later today through early tomorrow. Beyond that, it's wait and see.

I'm wondering what the heck is going on with gas prices. The cheapest gas in the state is in Bullhead City ($2.41), and around I-40 near the CA/AZ border. Here, some stations have dropped to $2.99, while Costco went up to $2.99. Need to fill up soon, but I'll wait and see how things play out. A few weeks ago, Costco was running about 45 cents below other stations. Waiting

Arizona has dropped the age to 55 for the Covid-19 shots. Too many people trying to get appointments and the website is jammed up. Meanwhile, the place I got my shots is shutting down, opting for in-office shots now, still only for their own patients.

Take care, and have a great day......

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 03-03-2021

Greetings, gang.

Clear and 29 at the moment headed for clear and 51 this afternoon.

Routine workout at the gym yesterday. Went to see the new Tom & Jerry movie late yesterday afternoon. If you're in need of a good laugh, I highly recommend it. Lots of fun from start to finish. Swimming this morning and probably a nice long walk outside this afternoon.

While doing my taxes a notice popped up near the end that I was not eligible for the earned income credit because I didn't have any earned income. Um, ok?

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 03-03-2021

Morning.  48 and warming fast.  Jumped 4 degrees in 5 min.  Sunny and NO RAIN. 

Caddy ready.  Off to the dealership.

Get "scoped" Monday.  The older you get the more often it come up. 

Not much on the agenda.

Enjoy your day.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - tompm - 03-03-2021

Good afternoon folks

It is a bright and sunny 47 going to 51. This ought to take care of the stubborn snow on my front lawn.

I go for my first COVID shot tomorrow. I have to drive to Levittown in Bucks County north of Philadelphia. It is a 42-mile trip one way but at least all most all of it is expressway. The pharmacy is about a mile from the “old” Bensalem Interchange of the PA Turnpike, now Exit 42 Route 13 Levittown/Bristol Interchange of I-95 north.

I got the outer loop of track laid down and began running some test trains. It has been fun because I can now run some Walthers Heavyweight passenger cars I could never run before due to the 18-inch curves. I have run an S-2, 4-8-2, E8/9A and a couple of GG1’s thus far. Soon it will be the T-1 and Centipedes turns. I posted a few videos of the test runs. I want to see how much of the inner loop I can do before I run out of track. I do have track on order just not sure when it will get here.

Need to head out to the grocery store and the pharmacy.

I hope everybody has a good day.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 03-04-2021

Good morning everyone. Looking out the window, I see no signs that it rained last night. I do see where we hit the mid 80's yesterday. Even the two reports I saw don't agree on the number though. Today, supposedly, we're lucky if we get to 70, then back into the 80's tomorrow, and that's good since we're going target shooting. Can't find ammo anywhere, even our pawn shop is depleted. I see some auctions in the area have ammo, but the bidding is out of sight. That's OK for now, we just hope that the hoarders and newbies get their fill soon so things can get back to normal.

Still want to work sitting down for a while, so I started a Blair Line kit, my first. Remember, it's N scale and some of the parts are really, really, tiny. Picked one up with a tweezers and it magically disappeared.....just like those springs that go flying and never to be seen again. Each window and door are in three or four layers, each detail is a separate part. I will never let a piece of wood get the best of me, no matter how small. Nope 

Take care, and have a great day.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 03-04-2021

Greetings, gang.

Very spring like weather for the next several days. 55 and sunny yesterday afternoon. Only 52 today but still sunny with only light breezes.

With the nice weather yesterday afternoon I took a nice long walk. Other than a trip to the gym that's about all that I accomplished. I considered getting the bike out of the shed but didn't feel like traipsing through the snow. Oh, well. The snow will be gone soon enough. Gym again today but no other big plans.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Charlie B - 03-04-2021

Good Morning. 
I haven't posted to this thread for several days because I haven't had much to report on. The weather here is just weather, the drive way is clear and life is moving along normally. 
We go for our second shot tomorrow so that will be out of the way. 
I have still been working on the Shodee locomotive pictures. Many of them are faded and I am restoring them when I merge the front with the information on the back. Quite a few are builder photos, and all of them are close to 100 years old and some are older than that. Here is another sample. 

Don, talking about ammo, my daughter stopped by the other night with 400 rounds of 20 gauge shotgun shells. I had just looked at the price of 22 lr and thought she had a gold mine, but checking the price it is going for about 22 bucks a box of 100 when available, less per round than .22s. These were in her husbands stuff and he passed away 10 years ago. I told here to sell them, she doesn't shoot and can use the money. Now all we need to do is find a skeet shooter.  Icon_e_biggrin
She finally sold me the new .22 rifle that was left so I put the scope on it and will try to sight it in sometime soon. 
I am waiting for the postman to bring a bottle of tarnish remover that I hope will work on brass because I have a brass K4 that needs a cleaning before I repaint it. Nothing I have tried has worked, and I don't want something that takes much aggression because it is very well detailed. We are to get some nice days next week and I can get some painting done them. 
Tom, I envy your ability to take those long walks. I enjoy walking but I am trapped at home worrying about the bathroom issues. It's one of the catch 22 situations. I am sure I could lose the weight if I could walk, and I need to walk to lose the weight. I think losing the weight would be a big help with the prostate problem so I could walk more.  We shall see what I can do in the spring. 
Cheers all 
Charlie

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 03-04-2021

Hello Blue
Twas 57 yesterday but only 30s today.
Our state dicktator lifted some restrictions but I'm still not going out to eat. Just not comfortable doing it.
S.J.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 03-04-2021

66 and sunny. Wifey had PC tied up for a Master Gardeners' meeting all morning. She signed off at 12:10. undefined She couldn't get her laptop going right.  She use to teach computer programs for USDA all over USA.  Anyway, I signed her own as she did other things.

Gov of Texas and CA, crazy. 

Got meeting with my State Senator at 4.

Have a good one.