The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=9237)

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - LiveSteamer - 01-29-2024

Good Evening Everyone,

Well woke up to a dusting of snow this morning on the car. It has been snowing off and on today but not enough that it covered the ground. Pretty much been spending the day putting decals on trains and finished up the very first MOW pushcar. I also got the caboose painted yellow and decals put on. Just a few more touch ups are needed and it will be done.

Now that the evening is upon us we are making supper, homemade fries, salad, chicken so that's what is going on now. After that I will get back to the trains once again. Have a great evening everyone. Take Care

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 01-30-2024

Good morning everyone, it is still early here, not quite 5:00 yet and it's 50 out. Yesterday we did get up to 81, today and tomorrow might be the same, near record heat. Then blooie, back into the 60's with a good chance of rain.

We did go target shooting yesterday, the temps (mid 70's) would have been great except the hurricane-force winds made it feel a lot colder. Kept blowing our targets over as well. But still, like model railroading, you can't have a bad day doing it.

That's it for now, got an early appointment, then take a friend to his appointment this afternoon.

Tom, I heard on the news that Toyota is recalling certain model cars and telling folks not to drive them until they're updated. Are you driving (or not driving), one of those? Mine is a Honda and it's been a while since it stalled, so I'm still waiting for the recall notice and still driving it.

I hope you all have a very nice day, stay warm and stay safe.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - tompm - 01-30-2024

Good morning folks

It is 32 with a high of 42. They promise it will feel warmer than yesterday. Yesterday’s problem was the bitter cold wind gusts they made it feel miserable.

Last night brought a wayward Christmas decoration bin upstairs from the living room. Need to get the bins out of the hallway and up to the attic. I did some laundry.

I tried to add mortar lines to some of the wall sections for the Ambassador Hotel with pastels. I don’t like how they look so I will be repainting them and trying it with paint.

I hope everybody has a good day.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 01-30-2024

Greetings, gang.

35 now going to 38 later so not much improvement until tomorrow. Low 50s and then upper 40s for the remainder of the week.

Had a nice visit with my dermatologist and her nurse. Both VERY caring and nice ladies. A routine trip to Ames. Did some other shopping and successfully completed my shopping list. Only thing on the agenda for today is a trip to the gym followed by a visit to the grocery store.

Don - I have an Acura TLX. Seems there was a manufacturing error which could result in crankshaft failure. I do drive the car around town but would hate to get stranded out in the country in January in Iowa. That's why I rented the cars for yesterday and tomorrow. Still waiting on an official notice for a fix. Rumors on the internet (always a highly reliable source according to Abraham Lincoln) are talking about no repair available until spring.

Gas price dropping again. Down to $2.65 except the gouging gas station that was at $3.09.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Charlie B - 01-30-2024

Good morning
     32° here in south east Ohio, clouds and a remote possibility of some light showers.

I got the 30 2 bay hopper frames painted yesterday so I will start assembly today. I thought it best to let them dry overnight. 

Nothing else I want to report. 

Charlie

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 01-31-2024

Good last day of January morning to you all. Yeah, hard to believe but we are 1/12 though the year already.

Gas is still going down slowly, temp are slowly going up. We've hit 81 two days in a row and one more before it starts to get nasty again. Rain and temps in the low 60's and showers everyday for the next two weeks. Typical February, typical forecast, they say it "could" rain and frequently, it doesn't.

Nothing going on today, starting on another wooden "puzzle" project, an early 1910 automobile. Almost 300 pieces, lots to keep you busy and requiring total concentration or you will screw up and miss a part.

Enough for now, have a great day doing things you like to do...

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - tompm - 01-31-2024

Good morning folks

It is 34 this morning. High today is predicated to be 42. It rained last night, and nobody said anything about rain overnight. Just when the project sit was drying out now, we’ll have another layer of mud to contend with.

I put away the window candles I forgot about. I cleaned the floor where the Christmas was, so we could move the furniture back into position.

I am still in prep mode with the Ambassador Hotel. I have been spraying all the parts with Dullcoat to take the shine off of them. I tried to add mortar lines to a couple of wall sections and I did not like the results. I painted over the failed effort. Now I need to paint the remaining other sections so they all match.

One goal for today is to figure out how to get the car in for an oil change.

I hope everybody has a good day.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 01-31-2024

Greetings, gang.

Not a good day for me. As some of you may know my granddaughter (24 years old) has been battling cancer for over 3 years. After her doctor visit yesterday the conversation turned to advance directives, a will, power of attorney, and a DNR. My heart is breaking!

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - jim currie - 01-31-2024

Hi all. Well another week is trudging by and things are about the same waiting to hear from va about ultrasound on lump in my arm (shees this getting old really sucks), on the modeling scene it did get  TG&Y for Ludlow finished only have 5 budlings to go.
stay  safe and warm Jim

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 01-31-2024

Tom, extremely sorry to hear that, so young I can see why you are heartbroken. Prayers for her and your family.

Jim, just had an ultra-sound yesterday for a lump in my right hip. Just got a call, as expected, it's a lipoma, a benign clump of fatty tissue. It can be removed if it get bothersome. I guess that's something new we old folk have to deal with.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - hillyard999 - 01-31-2024

Tom,
I am so very sorry to hear about your granddaughter.
So much to bear at such a young age.
I am saddened to hear what you and your family are going through.
--hillyard

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - LiveSteamer - 01-31-2024

Afternoon All,

Tom I am so very sorry to hear about your granddaughter. Cherish the time now you have with her and make the best memories you can.

The weather here today is cold and it's supposed to get warmer according to the weather on my phone hahaha. Gas is still pretty much the same price as the other day. I did get a couple things in the mail today to help make some progress. Other than that nothing more to report on.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - tompm - 01-31-2024

Tom

Deeply sorry to ear about your granddaughter. You have our prayers.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 01-31-2024

Thank you all for kind thoughts and prayers.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - jim currie - 01-31-2024

Tom know where your at my oldest grand son died a couple of years ago in a one car rollover in the panhandle aera. Jim