The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=9237)

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 01-31-2024

Oh no. Tom so sorry to read about your granddaughter. We have all lost so many to this awful curse.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 02-01-2024

Good morning, third day in a row with temps at 81, big change today though. Mid 70's and late afternoon showers, then cooler still and rain chances everyday at least though the end of next week. Maybe the rain will wash away the remnants of the weeds that I've been trying to destroy. So far, no HOA warning letters, but I see so many yards with weeds and folks out there doing their best, I'm sure the heartless greed of the HOA will try to nail everyone they can. I got a letter from the management company the other day and thought, "this is my weed notice", then found it was just a notice about the upcoming HOA board election. Problem is, I have no idea who is on the board and who's running. Do I care? Just about all folks on every HOA board in the country are of the same breed, power hungry with no compassion, so it really doesn't matter who's in charge.

My rant for the day. Have a good one do something you like to do, not what you have to do.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 02-01-2024

Greetings, gang.

30 going to 50, about 20 degrees above normal for this time of year. Supposed to be like this through the weekend.

Thank you again to all who have expressed your compassion. Hopefully the doctors will find a way through this minefield.

Not much going on here. I'll need to rent a car one more time next week to pick up my new glasses. Hopefully something with occur with the recall on my car so that I can get it fixed. I need to make a grocery run this morning and then I'm going to dinner with some friends this evening. Otherwise nothing planned for not only today but through the weekend.

Gas was $3.09 except Walmart/Murphy Oil with was $2.87.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 02-01-2024

Hello Blue
Cloudy, 40s for the day. No snow on the ground.
Wife will go bowling and I have a routine doctor appointment. Three of the club members took a long drive to the east coast for a train show. They came home with some nice goodies.
S.J.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Charlie B - 02-01-2024

Good Morning
     It is 38° and gas is 2.79.

I am still captioning my mothers photos and will be for the next 2 months. An hour a t a time is all I can take. When I get those done it will be time to do my wife's side of the family and I just realised I should probably label all of my photos of trains too. 

Tom, I am so sorry to read about your grand daughter. I will keep her in my prayers. 

I built 2 more covered hopper kits and upgraded a cheap Conrail box car yesterday so my projects are moving along. 

I bought a very cheap portable sauna and I am amazed at how well it works and how well I am feeling for using it. It was only 84 bucks but money well spent for my aging bones.  I have noticed the phlegm has cut way back and I have been bothered with that for several years. 

Happy February

Charlie

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 02-02-2024

Good morning good people of Big Blue. Beautiful day in store today, overcast and raining. It rained starting around 8:00 last night and suppose to start back up this morning. Got around 1/2" here, some places got over an inch. Gunna be cool, low to mid 60's and rain in the forecast everyday for the rest of the month. Probably won't happen, but it's there. The Phoenix Open starts next week too and unlike football, they do not play in the rain. They have enough indoor venues and enough liquor to keep everyone warm and dry. Many people go there but don't give a hoot about golf.

Gas prices are like a moving target, up and down, we have one Circle K store that is two cents cheaper than Costco and Sam's. That will most likely change before the sun comes up.

Have a great day, and get set for a fun weekend.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - tompm - 02-02-2024

Good morning folks

It is 39 and miserable with a light rain today. High today will be 44. We are waiting on the concrete trucks as we a foundation pour today.

I had to take the car in for an oil change on the way home yesterday. Other than a few daily chores not much got done. I did spray a couple of wall section with Dullcoat from the Ambassador Hotel kit.

We still have the Christmas decoration bins to be moved to their proper places in the attic. Then wee have the usual weekend errands to run, the grocery store, pharmacy, produce store, pet store. I should throw a trip to Target in there to grab a couple more bins. Yes, there is laundry. There is always laundry.

I would like to work on the Ambassador Hotel kit. I can continue organizing how and where I store the trains. That way I can clear the layout and run some trains.

I hope everybody has a good day.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 02-03-2024

Greetings, gang.

34 and maybe the mid 40s by this afternoon.

Very quiet around here the past week. Watched one of my nieces online in a dance competition yesterday. Several similar events throughout the day today. Otherwise laundry and various bouts of feeding are the only events planned for today. Only one more month to the first F1 race of the season.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 02-03-2024

Good morning all, is it time to get up already? Yup, must be Saturday....

Some rain in the valley yesterday but not around our neighborhood. They've moved the next storm over to Tuesday now, 91% chance of rain, then tapering off later in the week.

Gas jumping up, Fry's near me went from $2.99 to $3.39 in one gulp, Safeway followed suite a few hours later. Even Costco and Sam's are now $3.05. I knew it wouldn't last.

Have a great weekend.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - LiveSteamer - 02-03-2024

Afternoon Everyone,

The weather is decent today. No rain or snow in the forecast for a couple of days from what we are seeing.

Gas is up to $3.39 but one place is still at $3.27 still. The new sheetz they are putting up to replace the old one should be open this month but I try not to get gas at sheetz unless I have too.

Today I'm going to get the decals on the SW7, SW9, and the three bay hopper. Once that is done I will then continue removing the decals off the two former PRR hoppers and paint them black. Other than that we have nothing planned for today. Have a great day everyone.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 02-03-2024

Went to a large train shop near the big city. Couldn't find any of the items on my shopping list -- came home with two magazines. Shop seems to have turned into a big warehouse with narrow aisles between tall shelves.
Dayle enjoyed a drive in the country.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Charlie B - 02-04-2024

Good morning.
 It is clear and 36° and gas is 2.899 in disaster stricken East Palestine. 

I am still working on mom's photos and later train room work. Nothing else planned. 

I am hoping we all have good times ahead.

Charlie

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - LiveSteamer - 02-04-2024

Afternoon everyone, It is clear and 47 degrees here. Not to much planned for today other than finishing up with some decals. Gas is still $3.39 at the local sheetz with the highest being $3.49 and the lowest still being $3.27 at a local BP. Hope you all have a great day today.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 02-05-2024

Good morning everyone, hope you all had a good weekend. As for me, I did a few house chores and worked a bit on that old 1910's wooden auto. I'm amazed at the detail this has. Even though it is tab & slot, there's lots of little things that it has. For instance, I just put in the oil pan yesterday, it has a tire jack, lanterns and driver controls plus more stuff that I haven't got to yet.

We are expecting a downpour tomorrow though Thursday, then a lower chance though the weekend. One weather lady said we could get one to two inches so we are under a flood watch starting tomorrow evening. Don't know how this will affect the Phoenix Open which starts today, they may not play golf, but I'll bet there'll be a lot of drinking going on. I looked at pricing, it ranges from $75/day for general admission to $60,000 for a skybox for up to 34 people. Plenty of $500-1,000/person tickets as well. No wonder they can afford million dollar prizes. From what they said on the TV news, general admission is already sold out.

Gas is unpredictable, Costco & Sam's just dropped ten cents and other stations are holding tight.

That's it for now, have a great day, stay safe for sure...

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 02-05-2024

Greetings, gang.

The sky is on fire! Or at least it looks that way this morning. Spectacular sunrise with just enough clouds. 25 now going to the upper 40s (maybe) later.

Very quiet weekend for me. This morning I need to get the bills paid. Only other item on the agenda so far is a trip to the gym.

All stay safe.

Tom