The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=9237)

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 02-16-2024

Hello Blue
Sun with a hi of 30 today. Yesterday's snow is long gone. My wife and I are suffering different ailments so we have been staying in. Got food so no need to venture out.
Enjoy the weekend and think spring.
S.J.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 02-16-2024

Matt:
The sheet I'm using is particular to the railroad -- It's LNER Pressfix transfers, except that it's somewhere between 20 and 40 years old and never been used before It was like Letraset that's lost its stick, so I tried a different tack. (Ooh, I didn't mean that!) Some Microsol stuff that turns it into a decal.
Well, t's now been thoroughly varnished over.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - LiveSteamer - 02-16-2024

The snow has arrived!!!!!

These were taken an hour ago and I just shoveled. There was about an inch of snow so there hit the nail on the head when they said an inch an hour. 

I did get the furnace fixed but now it is emitting black smoke. I talked to a family friend that is an HVAC Tech and he said it could just be because clean fuel is getting in there now or the nozzle is blocked. He said to fire it a few times and if the smoke stops the nozzle is good. If it still smokes I need to have someone come out and go over it and who knows how much that will cost. So for now we have our kerosene heater going and it's keeping the house at a nice 70 degrees. Murphy's Law sure did act on this one. I'm hoping when I go to fire it here in an hour it will be good to go.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - LiveSteamer - 02-16-2024

(02-16-2024, 08:05 PM)BR60103 Wrote: Matt:
The sheet I'm using is particular to the railroad -- It's LNER Pressfix transfers, except that it's somewhere between 20 and 40 years old and never been used before It was like Letraset that's lost its stick, so I tried a different tack. (Ooh, I didn't mean that!) Some Microsol stuff that turns it into a decal.
Well, t's now been thoroughly varnished over.

Ah ok. I found an old set of decals in my stuff and was looking at it and debated on using it. It's still sitting in the box lol.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Charlie B - 02-16-2024

It'a 15 minutes to 10PM and we are getting snow. It has been snowing for 3 hours. Its that fine stuff that will not pile up fast but if in snow long enough we will get some. We are supposed to get up to 2 inches and I will say we have an inch already. 

I worked most of the day on kits. I will finish the 2 bay hoppers in the morning. I have 2 left for completion and all they need is one walk way on one car and then the 2 roofs that are left need to be glued to the cars.  It won't take any work but it takes a few minutes for the glue to set.

Joe was in town today. I didn't bother to watch. 

Good night everyone
Charlie

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 02-17-2024

Greetings, gang.

Clear and chilly at 8 degrees this morning. Headed to the low 30s today, 40s tomorrow, and then 50s for the next several days. I did a little checking and figured we've had less than 2 feet of snow all winter. That's a remarkable low amount. I think our average is somewhere around 40-45 inches. I also remember one winter when we had 6 feet of snow.

Not a lot going on. Typical Saturday chores. Got my gizmo in the mail yesterday to record stuff streaming from the internet. Still need to figure out some stuff on it but it looks promising.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 02-17-2024

Good Saturday morning ta ya all, got plenty of rest this being about the only day I can sleep in, so I always try.

No snow here in the Phoenix area but a lot up in Flagstaff. NWS says they've had close to 4' this month alone and over of foot of that is still on the ground. We were suppose to have some rain this coming week but they've downgraded that to a mere 7%, unlikely to happen, but the temps will stay in the mid to high 70's and that's a good thing. My crop of weeds are flourishing though from last weeks rains, so far no notices from the HOA, I think they don't want to go through the expense of sending them out to a few hundred residents 'cause most of us are in the same boat.

I took the sleeper cab off my wooden truck model and painted the interior but I'm having problems getting some clear photos. I'll try again today with some natural light. After that, I'll start on the pinball machine. I'm guessing at a few hours a day, it should be done by Easter. Icon_rolleyes ... All the electronics has plugs, so there's no actual wiring, but it's those two large bags of tiny screws that tell me there's a few more hours into this than they say. ROKR says about 12 hours, I would give it at least double or triple that. As I've said before, the older you are, the longer it takes to do anything.

Take care and enjoy the day...

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - LiveSteamer - 02-17-2024

Good Morning All, Well we got the snow storm they called for. We got a total of 6-1/2 inches of snow and after about an hour last night I went out and started to shovel. I kept up with it until about 2 a.m that way when I had to go out this morning there wasn't as much. There was about an inch of snow this morning when I got up so there wasn't much.

We are off to State College today to go to the science center, then to eat and bowling. It should be a fun filled day with the fiance's family.

Have a great day everyone and to those here in the east, Stay Warm. Take Care

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 02-17-2024

Blue, I usually give old decals a shot of dull coat before trying to use them. Micro Scale also made some stuff you could brush on. 
It's only 25 degrees but the morning sun melted our new snow.
S.J.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - LiveSteamer - 02-17-2024

Evening everyone,

Well we just got home around 9:30 tonight. We had a great day today at the science center and to my surprise they had a HO Scale layout there that they were working on. I will share the pictures I took of it. Bowling was fun especially with the kids and some of the adults. We did run into a few snow showers on the way there and back but nothing too bad. Hope you all had a great day.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 02-19-2024

Good morning, just a quickie since I'm running a bit late. Temps today could get to 80, gas at Costco & Sam's now $3.16, only three cents less than many others, not worth driving three miles to fill up there.

Started working on my pinball machine, I'll start a thread today.

I hope everyone has a great day, it is a national holiday, President's Day, no mail, no garbage pickup, congress on vacation and so half the country isn't working today. I hope you're one of them. Take care and stay safe...

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 02-19-2024

Sun and 30s for the day. I miss football already. That's my thing and you have yours.
No train news. Oh I think about it, just don't follow through.
S.J.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - tompm - 02-19-2024

Good morning folks

It is 35 going up to 40. I am one of those people working today even though I am on a government job. The contractor works so I have to work.

This was the weekend from Hell. On Friday afternoon at my urologist visit I found out that I have a hernia that most likely will require surgery. I need to talk to a general surgeon this week to see what the plan is. Overnight Saturday-Sunday my wife’s car was stolen out of front driveway. Talked to the police and opened a claim with our insurance company. Before that we were having a productive weekend as on Saturday we dropped off a return package at the UPS Store, stopped at the grocery, and dropped off another Amazon return at Kohl’s. We thought about going to Delaware to gas for my wife’s car but decided against it, so who ever stole it got a car with less than a quarter tank of gas.

Amazingly I did get work done on the Ambassador Hotel. I got all the windows finished. Assembled the ground and middle floors. I have about a third of the top floor assembled.

I have no idea what is on tap for when I get home. I am hoping to finish the Ambassador Hotel.

Hopefully sometime in the next few days we will get a call the car was found.

I hope everybody has a good day.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - jim currie - 02-19-2024

Hi all. Been some time since I posted, but things are about the same here its been dry and cold (to me anyway), did work on layout soldering. track running track cleaner and rearranging the tool cart, other than that it's the same old thing.
stay safe and warm Jim.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Charlie B - 02-19-2024

Good morning.

Tom, I hope they find your car and I hope it isn't damaged.  Sadly if they ever catch the thief it will not result in any punishment. 

It is 30° here heading for a max of 41°. Gas is up to 3.08. Biden came and went. 

I finished the last of the 2 bay covered hoppers. a total of 40, all different roads and numbers.  I also added Andrews trucks and Kadee couples to an old box car my son found and gave to me. It was also missing the brake wheel so I fixed that too. Today I hope to start assembling the blue box cars I painted last week. 

I made a sheet of decals yesterday but the ink ran and made a mess of things. I did some reading this morning and a fellow suggested to set the paper as regular paper and standard print and I tried that and the results are great, no running. I have to spay them with clear and then I will have a few cars to decorate. I made a set for Pete's (sumpter 250) railroad so I can honor him on my pike too. 

President's day today so no work for government and banks so I think I too will take the day off from work  Icon_e_biggrin

Cheers
     Charlie