The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=9237)

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - LiveSteamer - 02-27-2024

Good Morning Vietnam, wait that's not right, clears throat, Good Morning Big Blue, there that's better.

Today it is to be in the low 60's but come afternoon they are calling for some storms to move through. It was to start in the morning but I guess the storm has slowed down some and is to be "here" by 1-130. Plans for today are to go and pick the oldest up from school and take her to the doctors for a med check appointment. After that we will come home and wait for the second oldest to get off the bus. As far as I know we don't have anything planned for the evening as of yet.

Gas is coming down again but very slowly. Lowest I seen in the area was $3.59 compared to $3.69. The new sheetz that is up the road is nearly done and should be open in the next few days.

Hope you all have a good day today. Take Care.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - tompm - 02-28-2024

Good morning folks

It is 54 with scattered showers. It is supposed to go up to 64. I am hoping the heavy rain holds off as I have no raincoats. Both of them were in my car when it was stolen.

Speaking of my car it was recovered Tuesday morning not far from where we found my wife’s car. I got a phone call from the police at 2 AM letting me know they had found it. I have not seen the car yet so I do not know the extent of the damage. I had to leave work early yesterday to go to the police station to get the release form and then to the towing company that was storing the car and give them the form. Next was contacting my insurance company so they could arrange to tow the car to the body shop. The car should be there today. The shop will call me and then I can go and see it.

I did get the couplers and wheels changed to metal on a couple of tank cars and I built an Athearn blue box Tropicana reefer.

I am hoping to run to Target after work to pick up a couple of bins that I need to store rolling stock as I reorganize the rolling stock storage. I am still in the process of clearing the layout.

I hope everybody has a good day.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 02-28-2024

Greetings, gang.

I have clear skies but rather cool conditions this morning. Currently 4 degrees headed for a high of 28. Twice that for the high tomorrow and the mid 70s by Sunday.

Had a decent day yesterday. Managed to swim 3/4 of a mile and then watched the movie Argylle. Spell check doesn't like the spelling but that's the name of the movie. It started out with a decent plot but the second half escalated to over the top ridiculous. I laughed through almost all of the second half. Fortunately the movie only cost me $5.50 (local theater has all movies $5.50 on Tuesday). I did run rather long a 2 hours and 20 minutes. I don't see it being very popular. I was the only person in the theater.

Not much on tap for today other than trying to stay warm.

Gas was $3.19 and eggs were $3.79 yesterday.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 02-28-2024

Hello Blue
Just checking in. Storms overnight caused a couple twisters in lower Michigan. Cloudy, windy. Temp has gone from 62 down to 35 since sunrise. 
My wife trimmed my hair this morning, it needed that but not enough for a $20. haircut. Feels good, trimmed and washed. I saw our first robin of spring this morning, it was wearing a winter coat and gloves, but it means spring is coming.
S.J.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Schraddel - 02-28-2024

Hello,

from Hessen in Germany. It's nasty windy and sometims raining. Winter is still not over.

Sorry to hear of your stolen cars Tom.
I had to search what is going on: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kia_Challenge
At least a typical impact of cutting corners by Kia and Hyundai. They thought they could cut corners and save some cents by not mounting a immobilizer system in their cars. Now that is a backfire, also a usual impact and they have to spent millions of bucks.
Second the so called Kia Challenge, sponsored by Tiktok (Chinese owned and operated) for no-brainers.

Tom, insist that they mount immobilizers in your cars.

Lutz

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 02-29-2024

OK did we move?

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Charlie B - 02-29-2024

Good evening

It is clear and 29°  and will drop to 26° before morning and a high of 54° with clouds predicted for tomorrow.

I worked on retrucking some ore jennies and decaling them. I got 5 done with 8 more to go. I have about 8 more that need to be renumbered.

My brother (77 years old) spent 2 days in the hospital with RSV. He is out and OK now but says it was nasty.  

Everything else if fine. 

Good night,
Charlie

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 03-01-2024

Greetings, gang.

32 going to the upper 50s and breezy with winds near 30 mph. Better that yesterday's 40 mph wind.

Not much going on around here. Got my first bill for my new internet/phone service. Higher than I expected but understandable when I read the detailed section which was buried 4 pages in. The first F1 race of the season tomorrow. Normally they are on Sunday but the first 2 are on Saturday due to Ramadan.

Gas hovering just over the $3 mark recently.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 03-01-2024

Good morning and a happy March. Took forever to get through February thanks to another Leap Year. If you think that's bad, just wait until 2030 when there will be two leap day, yup, February 30 comes around to make up for all those leap seconds we ignore.

Temps still around 80 which is nice for Spring Training fans, gas prices seem to fluctuate by the hour. There are still a few remote towns that have gas under $3.00. Here $3.39 is common, but I spotted a few stations in the area as high as $3.75.

Got one appointment today, and maybe come close to finishing my pinball machine. I have some soldering to do, not on the machine but I have to add a different plug to a 2A power supply so it fits the machine.

Charlie, sorry about your brother, I hope he's OK now. Lots of weird things going around right now. The big iffy is do we get another COVID shot or not. Too much controversy there.

I hope you all will have a great weekend, do something you like, and push something else off until next weekend. Applause

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Charlie B - 03-01-2024

(03-01-2024, 06:11 AM)ezdays Wrote: Good morning and a happy March. Took forever to get through February thanks to another Leap Year. If you think that's bad, just wait until 2030 when there will be two leap day, yup, February 30 comes around to make up for all those leap seconds we ignore.

Temps still around 80 which is nice for Spring Training fans, gas prices seem to fluctuate by the hour. There are still a few remote towns that have gas under $3.00. Here $3.39 is common, but I spotted a few stations in the area as high as $3.75.

Got one appointment today, and maybe come close to finishing my pinball machine. I have some soldering to do, not on the machine but I have to add a different plug to a 2A power supply so it fits the machine.

Charlie, sorry about your brother, I hope he's OK now. Lots of weird things going around right now. The big iffy is do we get another COVID shot or not. Too much controversy there.

I hope you all will have a great weekend, do something you like, and push something else off until next weekend. Applause

Don, my brother is recovering. he has a lowered resistance because he is taking care of his wife that has dementia and he needs more rest. I have never taken a flue "shot" after the one I got in 1961 damned near killed me.  I took 2 covid shots and will not do any more, and now they are admitting they didn't work. I think we need to learn the difference between "shot" and vaccine. 
Charlie

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - tompm - 03-01-2024

Good afternoon folks

It is currently 44 and heading up to 49.

It was 31 when I left the trailer this morning at 7:15 AM. We had two concrete pours today. The last pour finished up about 1 PM.

The car saga continues. My car is finally at the body shop. I am going to stop by and have a look at on the way home from work. My wife’s car is almost finished. I think she will have it back by midweek next week. My daughter bought a wheel lock for her Kia. The one she got hooks to the bottom of the steering wheel and the brake pedal.

This weekend will involve the normal trips to the pharmacy, produce store, and grocery store. I think a visit to Target will happen as I need some more bins since I am reorganizing the storage of my rolling stock. Then there is also the laundry.

I will continue clearing the extra stuff off the layout, so I can work on the city section. I need to add the Ambassador Hotel and begin laying out the streets. I may upgrade some rolling stock by adding Kadee couplers and metal wheels.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - LiveSteamer - 03-01-2024

Good Afternoon Everyone,

Well today was a good day. The temps were not the greatest by only getting up into the 40s. Supposed to drop back down tonight and then the weekly forecast is showing a steady climb in the temps.

I did sit down today at the kitchen table and started to put together the HO Scale Tie Spear. It sure is a fun build and I didn't think I would enjoy it this much. I have some pieces sitting outside drying and then I can get the wheels put on.

We are probably going over to a friends house tonight but not quite sure yet. The fiance is finally filing out taxes today so let's see how much uncle sam is giving back and how long it will take to get it back. They are always so quick to take it but they take weeks upon weeks to give what you paid.

Gas is coming down some more. Most gas stations are sitting at $3.62 now with the lowest being $3.49.

Hope you all have a great evening and a wonderful weekend.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - LiveSteamer - 03-02-2024

Good Morning All,

Plans for today are we have to run to the baseball field and sign the little one up for T-Ball this morning, plus run to the future mother in laws. Then on the way home we have to stop at the hobby shop to pick up couplers as last night while running trains about 5 cars derailed and fell to the floor breaking multiple couplers. So today will consist of replacing the broken with the new and maybe picking up a couple more things from there to work on.

It is raining here today and looks to be the thing for it to do all day today.

Hope you all have a good day today.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - tompm - 03-02-2024

Good afternoon folks

It is 51 and heading up to 51. So i guess we are at the high. It is raining. However it looks like it will done soon as the back end of the storm is passing West Chester and Marcus Hook.

I had to clear a down spout today as the water was pouring over the sides of the gutter.

I moved enough stuff off the layout so I could add the Ambassador Hotel to the city. I really need to work on the roads now. I have picked the next kit for the city and it will be the Walthers Parkview Terrace Background Building. I still need to put away some locomotives and a few pieces of rolling stock. I need some bins to accomplish that task.

We need to run to the produce store, PetSmart, the grocery store, and Target.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 03-03-2024

Greetings, gang.

54 and clear in the remote reaches of northern Iowa this morning. Supposed to hit the low 70s today but it won't be all that nice with winds near 40 mph. Cool down tomorrow with highs in the 50s for the remainder of the week.

Watched a rather boring F1 race yesterday. In the afternoon I got the leftover leaves cleaned up in the yard. They will either sit in a lawn bag for a month til the disposal site opens or there may be a small fire in the driveway. This morning I need to do a spring cleanup on my wife's and son's graves.

All stay safe.

Tom