The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=9237)

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 03-03-2024

Good morning from the almost barren deserts of Arizona (Maricopa County population is over 4.6 million). High temps have been running at 80 for a while now, but suppose to be around 70 starting today. Still acceptable. Had to go out and chop down a few weeds. They're all dried up from the weed spray but a few tall ones still stood proud. Not anymore.

The pinball machine is complete and working, now back to working on my layout. I left it several months ago in the middle of trackwork and have a lot of wiring and ballasting to do after that.

Gas is up, just like everywhere else. Costco and Sam's at $3.23, everyone else between $3.39 and $3.65. I have a $15 debit card for gas that cannot be used at the pump, so I need to go to a station that has an inside clerk. If I wait too long, that $15 will only get me to Costco.

Take care and enjoy the day... Cheers

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Charlie B - 03-03-2024

Good morning.

I left the compound yesterday to pick up some papers from my cousin in East Liverpool. I think it is the first time in over a year that I have left town. We had a great visit too. He is a Civil War historian (local lore history too) and showed me many of the photos he has collected. He has a huge collection of military artifacts too. He has been interviewed on several videos about area happenings and he does fun historic presentations for the area libraries. Here is a link to a youtube video about "Pretty Boy" Floyd's capture and death, East Liverpool's claim to fame even though he never was in town proper until he was dead. Tim Brookes, Kelsey Hedricks. Pretty Boy

I actually ran a long coal train last night. I started and was having some derailments. Four of the hoppers I had assembled had one axle with way out of gauge wheels and once they were repaired it ran swell. I needed 3 locomotives to handle the hill even though many of the cars were empty. Up the hill on the Wilderson

Gas was 3.499 in East Liverpool and 14 miles north in East Palestine the cheapest gas is 3.099.  

We have clouds and 49° but sun is predicted and 62° as the day progresses. 

Have a good week everyone. 
Charlie

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - LiveSteamer - 03-03-2024

Good Evening All,

We had a decent day with the weather today. Tomorrow's weather is looking nice too and the day after. Then the rain will snow up for a couple of days. I've been slowly chipping away at the firehouse building and making good progress on it.

I cleaned our vehicle today and that was pretty much my day today.

Nothing much really else is going on.

Hope you all have a good evening and night.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 03-04-2024

Good morning all, was kind of chilly yesterday, got up to 74 and that was it. Suppose to be this way until Thursday when we go sub-freezing, or just under 70 with a chance of rain.

Today we have family dinner night, but that's all that's on my agenda. Nothing really until Friday when I have my yearly physical. That is so important to Blue Cross that they'll give me $50 just for getting it. They'll give me another $50 for getting a home healthcare check and another $50 for a mammogram. Icon_rolleyes I think I'll skip that one and stay home and play with my new pinball machine. It is not addictive, but something different for a while. 

That's it for now, so take care and stay safe...

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - tompm - 03-04-2024

Good morning folks

It is 50 heading up to 66.

We had a pretty good weekend. We did all the running we needed to do such as the produce store, Kohls for some returns, Target, PetSmart, and the grocery store. We even had dinner at Cracker Barrel. Sunday was a lazy day. My wife sells stuff on Poshmark and she did a live show for 90 minutes. I had to help her get set up and stay close by to help if a technical problem came up. We did some St Patrick’s Day decorating. I worked on laundry until my daughter needed the washing machine.

I cleared enough stuff off the layout to put the Ambassador Hotel on the layout. I painted the metal frames of six Roundhouse 36 ft wood refeer kits. I organized my Rapido, Athearn, and Walthers trailers and put them in bins for storage.

I am hoping to stop at the body shop to see my car on the way home from work. I think my wife’s car will be done by the middle of this week. Afterwards I have a few decorations to deal with.

I hope everybody has a good day.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 03-04-2024

Hello Blue
I had to stop by today and tell you we will reach 70 this afternoon. Of course, it's a one-day deal as rain is expected tomorrow. 
We had a quiet weekend. I was out once to take the garbage to the curb.
S.J.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - nachoman - 03-04-2024

Hello all. Busy and stressful last work week and busy weekend. Now looking forward to getting back on a slower schedule before the work load ramps back up later in the spring.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - LiveSteamer - 03-04-2024

Good Afternoon All,

We have some warm weather today so I am in and out of the house. I put our kerosene heater outside to let it burn out that way I can clean the wick that way it stays burning clean. There are a bunch of appointments this week for the fiance and kiddos. I'm the only one who doesn't have one lol.

We do have a sick child at home today with some type of stomach bug that is going around and it's much worse than the stomach bug. Hopefully she gets over it quickly but I'm doubtful on that. I've been following her around the house with lysol and spraying everything she touches. I don't need anyone else getting sick.

In the model world, well probably not going to do anything with those today.

Hope you all have a wonderful day.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - jim currie - 03-04-2024

HI all. Well, its Monday again don't know where time goes, we have been busy getting rid of the weed build up around doubled the size of the chicken yard so they can help with the weeding, have don a bit of modeling till trying to finish the town of Ludlow did start on the fourth level of the layout.
stay safe Jim.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 03-04-2024

Don: My wife says that a mammogram is no fun, so she doesn't encourage you to get one.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - LiveSteamer - 03-04-2024

I mean Don, if you want to go and get one just to be safe, go for it. Let the rest of us know how it goes. Big Grin

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 03-05-2024

Greetings, gang.

Clear and 23 outside my window this morning. Low to mid 50s this week with some chances for rain later on.

Looks to be another quiet week around here. Only project for today is to pay the bills. Eggs were $3.49 yesterday and gas was $2.96 to $3.29.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 03-05-2024

Good morning all, yeah, I know, I've been told that mammograms are about as much fun as a colonoscopy, but necessary for women and believe it or not, for some men too. But in my case, It just isn't worth it just to be able to buy a couple of coffees at Starbucks.... or many other places too. Paid $4.00 for a cup of regular coffee at a local restaurant a few weeks ago, $3.69 at Denny's, it's crazy. No wonder they're building more and more drive-thru coffee places.

Temps are in the mid-70's right now, normal for this time of the year, but suppose to drop on Thursday with a better (65%) chance of rain. Just as long as it doesn't rain Saturday, that's when they're coming to clean up all the dead weeds and trim things in my yard.

Enough for now, nothing on today's schedule so I get to pick and choose what I like to do. I hope you can as well... just choose wisely.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - LiveSteamer - 03-05-2024

Good Morning Everyone,

Today is supposed to be in the 70's and then it is to rain tomorrow and the temps are going to drop some. Probably going to run to either lowes or home depot to get a new lawn mower since ours wanted to stop working near the end of grass cutting season.

I'm probably going to fiddle around with some of the trains today but not to sure.

Other than that there is nothing really going on.

Have a great day everyone.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 03-06-2024

Good morning everyone, a nice day yesterday, 77 for a high, 53 for the low. More of the same today. Tomorrow is suppose to be a lot colder and maybe wetter, the % chance is a moving target so we'll just have to wait and see. Gas is also a moving target, UP.... jumped 20 cents in the last day or two. It moves around so much that I saw a couple of stations the other day that were cheaper than Costco or Sam's.

Not much else going on, I've added a power supply to my pinball machine. It had a plugin, and I just took that out of the case and installed it inside with an on/off switch. Easier to move around and I don't have to plug it in each time. Beyond that, I've started to clear up the mess that was on the part of my layout that needs work, so I'm hoping I can keep going on that today.

Enjoy the day, stay out of trouble, or at least don't get caught. Nope Icon_lol