The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=9237)

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 03-19-2024

Many long years ago, I bought a bag of Bridge Ties (unless they were switch ties). I never used them for that, but they make pretty good paint stirrers. I label them with the paint stirred.

We had more snow again today. After I mad an appointment to have the snow tires changed off the car.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 03-20-2024

Good morning people of Big Blue, no biggies to talk about, still have a few more days of Spring Training, then back to normal traffic and stores less crowded. As for going to those games, at most, you can get lawn seats for around $20, or $50 if you want to sit in the stands. But I found this in an article which kind of blows things away as to what some folks will do to see a game:

"Spring training ticket prices are looking more like World Series ticket prices in Arizona.
For Friday night's game between the Dodgers and Reds, lawn seats are going for more 
than $400 on Seat Geek and Ticketmaster. Want to sit behind the plate (and a little to 
the left) for the same game? That'll be $706. The lowest-priced ticket is $99"

I've lived all but a few years in Arizona and have a Spring Training facility just a mile or so from my house but have yet to go to a game. Just not my thing I guess.

Temps are going up, so are gas prices. I paid under $3.00 a few weeks ago at Costco, they're now at $3.55. I do see lots and lots of stations at $3.99, my prediction of $4.00 a gallon by the end of the month has come to pass.

Y'all have a calm and peaceful day.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - LiveSteamer - 03-20-2024

Good Morning Everyone,

Today is a gloomy day here in this part of PA. Not much has changed with the weather either other than it's not snowing.

I did check my mail today and now I will be busy building six new C&I hopper cars.

The fiance is doing her school work while the youngest child is watching Bluey. Other than that there is really nothing else going on for today.

Take Care

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 03-21-2024

Greetings, gang.

Mid 20s now going to the mid 40s later. Rain/snow chances start this evening and last through Tuesday. Looks to be a good weekend to stay indoors.

Sounds like a lot of us are in the doldrums right now. I'm hoping the weather will warm up starting next week so I can get back outside. I really don't like being cooped up indoors. If I was really smart I would move farther south but no one has ever accused me of that.

In other news I was swimming laps yesterday. I use the plastic rings on the lane divider to keep track of how far I swim. The guy from the next lane got out of the pool and in the process managed to mess up my counter. Not a big deal but he also waved at me as he was leaving, almost like and "in your face" moment. Kind of irritated me. /rant

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - tompm - 03-21-2024

Good morning folks

Spring, huh? It is currently a bitter and windy 32. They say it will reach 46. We will see.

Not much happened around the old homestead yesterday. A load of laundry got done.

I was able to finish assembling the thru girder bridge. I added wingwalls to one side of the steel over pass. I need to fit the thru girder bridge in place before I add the other wingwalls.

Tonight, I hope to start removing the foam where the thru girder bridge goes.

I hope everybody has a good day.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - cid - 03-21-2024

Hi all, just stopping by... Been a very long time. Retired from industrial stress and craziness in January...
Mostly working on our (new to us) house...still learning how not to do a few things, but generally progressing!
Wish I had some modeling to discuss but it's still on the back burner. I'm trying to keep up on Facebook...Big Grin

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - tompm - 03-22-2024

Good morning folks

It is 27. High is supposed to be 52. We will see. The last two days were bitter cold with the wind. Tomorrow is supposed to be a lot of rain. I have heard 1.5 to 1.75 inches.

To add insult to injury my wife received two red light citations in the mail that were from the time her car was stolen. She is going to try to get over to the police station so she can pick up a copy of the police report to send to the Philadelphia Parking Authority.

Last night I worked a little on the thru girder bridge and began assembling the abutments for it.

Since Saturday is supposed to be a big wash out, we will be working inside. There are decorations for Easter to put up and St Patrick’s Day ones to put away. Tere will be laundry. I am not sure if we will do our grocery, produce, pharmacy, and pets store runs on Saturday or Sunday.

On the layout I am working on the two bridges. I need to carve out the foam for the thru girder and then place it. I can then place the Urban Steel Overpass and begin getting both in their permanent positions. I may need to get some additional retaining walls. I need to check the supply on hand. I hope to get things to a point where I can run trains.

Welcome back cid

I hope everybody has a good day.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 03-22-2024

Good morning all, what!!! another weekend already.

cid, glad you stopped by. We've all been there, a hobby is not always at the top of our lists, so take care of the important things first.

Should be a delightful day today, temps in the mid-80's, no rain in sight and lots of local activities scheduled for this weekend. I will avoid driving anywhere where the civic center, Spring Training games plus a music festival is going to make traffic not so pleasant. Especially with streets being closed.

I hope everyone has something fun planned for the weekend. If not, you can always come here and join the crowds of folks here for the festivities. Have a great weekend regardless of what you do.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 03-22-2024

Hello Blue
Good morning from lower Michigan.
I just had to stop by this morning to tell you it's snowing, the morning commute is a white knuckle one. Most schools closed.
But it won't stay long as temps next week will be in the 50s.
We did our shopping yesterday and I will skip the Friday club meet. Gas was $3.49 & eggs were $2.00 dz. yesterday.
S.J.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 03-22-2024

Greetings, gang.

29 going to 35. The weather is not as pleasant here. I just finished shoveling about 6 inches of a 20% chance of an inch or less of snow.

Other than a surprise snow storm not much going on around here. Gonna skip the gym today. Too many people have probably forgotten how to drive in the snow since we've had so little this season.

Tom - as long as a police report was filed on the stolen car you should have no problem getting the ticket dismissed. It's just a pain to have to deal with it in the first place.

Cid - Welcome back!

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 03-22-2024

I booked a car servicing for tomorrow -- 6 months plus take off snow tires. Today it snowed.
Dayle was a little upset at me as she was planning on layout tours for tomorrow. We'll have to squeeze it in after the service.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 03-23-2024

Holy cow!!!! is it that late?? No I didn't sleep more than an extra hour, but been too lazy and hurt too much to post anything. What hurts? Everything. Why? Because I'm old and it happens to all old folk.

I started back on my layout, still have track to lay, ballasting and wiring to do before I get to the fun part of the hobby, scenery and structures. From what I have now, there's very little scenery and lots of structures, so on this half I'm going to try hard to balance it better.

That's about it, we're looking at a really nice weekend here weather-wise, there is the possibility of some rain tomorrow but I doubt it. I'd hate to see the baseball games and music festivals get rained out.

Have a fun and interesting weekend, do something you enjoy doing.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Charlie B - 03-24-2024

Good morning.

We have a sunny but cold 28° in southeast Ohio. It may hit 34.  It is just too cold for me. I look back over all the years I worked outside and wonder how I did it. 
Arthur has come to be my friend now and lets me know he is here every day. 

I will continue to work in the train room. I have 4 more cars to decal and then I may go back to doing the flicker free lighting.  I have one caboose to assemble and it needs to have lighting.  I have some others that will have to wait.  I would like to get the stone quarry finished this year too. 

Nothing else to brag on. 

Charlie

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - LiveSteamer - 03-24-2024

Afternoon Everyone,

Well we have a decent day here today. Temps are in the high 40's and blue skies. Not to much has been going on this weekend other than I got two new magazines to read. One of the is classic trains which is featuring the PRR in NJ. While reading it I noticed a typo on the one picture of K4sa #612 depicting that is was #618 lol. Other than that, it is a good read and highly recommend to anyone to pick up a copy. I also got the current Model Railroader so that will be read later on.

Hope everyone has a great rest of the day. Take Care.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 03-25-2024

Good morning all, just a quick stop, going target shooting this morning and I'm running late. It did rain a bit yesterday, not much here but enough to have some puddles collect. I stopped by yesterday to have new tires put on my truck and the lug nut key has disappeared, so now I've got to go back to the last place I have my tires rotated and I'm sure they'll be a issue getting it replaced.

Take care, everyone have a great day and a safe one for sure....